Boba Fett & Han Solo 2 Pack

Reaction score
I left Hasbro 3 3/4 to favour their 6 inch range and imports like Mafex, due to the inaccurate sculpting.

However, this one, albeit simple 5POA, has brought me in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I've scene a few people asking about cataloging the lines each figure reads with the force link deal. Boba has five that I've been able to active. Four of which appear to be taken from directly from the Battlefront audio files.

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]"He's no good to me dead"[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]"Orders are to finish you off"[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]"Don't bother hiding"[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]"I'm going to incinerate you"[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]"You're on borrowed time"[/FONT][/FONT]
This force link thing is really weird and random. My fett has not said those last two lines. My Kylo ren suddenly screamed after about 4 days of playing with it and my a-wing said "this is where the fun begins(from Anakin skywalker).

Reaction score
What? Man, I don't understand the need for Force Link. I would rather they spend the money on more accessories or better sculpts instead. Or perhaps even lower prices....

Reaction score
I left Hasbro 3 3/4 to favour their 6 inch range and imports like Mafex, due to the inaccurate sculpting.

However, this one, albeit simple 5POA, has brought me in

You left 3.75" due to inaccurate sculpting?

Reaction score
Its funny to me to hear people say "This is the best sculpt ever, just make it SA!"

You understand that once you take a great sculpt like this and chop it up into 25 parts and insert swivel and ball joints everywhere it's a lot harder to keep that "perfect" sculpt right? That's WHY this figure looks as good as it does, it doesnt have to accommodate for all of that.

Reaction score
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
Its funny to me to hear people say "This is the best sculpt ever, just make it SA!"

You understand that once you take a great sculpt like this and chop it up into 25 parts and insert swivel and ball joints everywhere it's a lot harder to keep that "perfect" sculpt right? That's WHY this figure looks as good as it does, it doesnt have to accommodate for all of that.
I never understood the salivation for SA figures. With all the joints they're so damn ugly it's not even funny. 5POA or thereabouts are still my favorite, by far,

Reaction score
Ball jointed hips is where SA loses me everytime. I'll take T-crotch over diaper crotch any day.

That sounds effin' weird.

Reaction score
They have shown the ability to make great seamless joints....depending on the joints. That's where swivel joints can be a nice compromise assuming they are well placed.

Reaction score
What? Man, I don't understand the need for Force Link. I would rather they spend the money on more accessories or better sculpts instead. Or perhaps even lower prices....
But this is a gimmick meant to get more people to buy them, so it's budgeted into the R&D. More accessories don't draw in new Consumers. lol

You understand that once you take a great sculpt like this and chop it up into 25 parts and insert swivel and ball joints everywhere it's a lot harder to keep that "perfect" sculpt right? That's WHY this figure looks as good as it does, it doesn't have to accommodate for all of that.
Wrong! There have been many SA figures that look great. Sadly they don't do it every time, and people seem to only remember the bad sculpts to suit their purpose.

You can have your 5POA, I don't give a ****. Nobody is forcing you to buy SA instead, especially since they hardly make any. But the same cannot be said for SA Collectors can it? Hasbro has chosen a different route to go down, so there is no choice for us. We're basically being told that it's 5POA, and to like it or leave it. Then when they actually do make 5 SA figures for the year, we're supposed to act grateful and be very thankful.

Reaction score
Dude, people on the 5POA forums talk tons of crap about 5POA figures. Yet the minute someone defends them, you jump in to attack.

I quit collecting because of terrible SA sculpts. 5POA brought me back. I do wish they had a few more joints, but not those ball-wristed monstrosities.

Reaction score
Not trying to start a fight, I just think it's a waste of time for people to comment how much they hate 5POA on every 5POA thread.

Reaction score
I never once said that I hate 5POA, I'd simply like a choice is all. I do buy 5POA if I need the character or a part from it, and it's obvious Hasbro isn't making an SA version. My post wasn't an attack on you for liking 5POA. It was simply a rebuttal to your comments, since you launched into hating on SA first.
So I thought it was open for debate is all.

SA seems to be looked upon as all or nothing approach with some people. I'm fine with minimal 12-14 POA, and not anything like Dagobah Luke.

Reaction score
You left 3.75" due to inaccurate sculpting?
Just the ESB Boba plus saw the 1:12 / 6 inch bandwagon and decided to go for it. Yeah sure there's been a few beauties like SA IG-88, Dengar, Bossk etc. each to their own. Re the the 5POA debate cool if it looks good buy it, reminds me of the Stormtrooper I saw on the pegs and passed it up. Now my little Boba looks cool left at my work desk. I bring my Mafex to work for some eye candy, but it's always packed up for home time.

Reaction score
This force link thing is really weird and random. My fett has not said those last two lines. My Kylo ren suddenly screamed after about 4 days of playing with it and my a-wing said "this is where the fun begins(from Anakin skywalker).
Yeah, it took me twenty minutes or so to get the alternate positions to give different quotes. In my rush to open everything and test stuff out i swear one of the preatorian guards said something and didn't just give a "swoosh" noise. For Boba, the last two quotes activate when the flappy part of the force link was angled down and usually only activated while the jet pack nose was active in that position. But i still can't find an exact rhyme or reason to get every figure to work every time.

Reaction score
Has anyone tried any alternate heads on Han Solo? I've only tried the 06 carbonite han head, it didn't fit. Just curious what options there might be for a swap.

Reaction score
i picked this one up today and got to say, yes the Fett is awesome, but for some reason I absolutely love the Bespin Han too. Granted I did have to rifle through for one which didn't have his eyebrows looking like he was being goosed by Fett in the pack, but y'know this has now become my favourite Han, he just seems to have the Solo attitude in his stance.

Reaction score
Tried the echo base han head on this figure. Once again socket is too big and deep for the neck post. However I am really liking it as an alternative head. I may try putting some hot glue in it and trying it out.

Reaction score
I never understood the salivation for SA figures. With all the joints they're so damn ugly it's not even funny. 5POA or thereabouts are still my favorite, by far,
I agree. All of my favorite figures released in the last 3-4 years have been 5POA figures. I have no problems with SA as long as it's done well; but there is so much more that can go wrong with all of those extra parts and many times Hasbro increases their chances of screwing the figures up by adding in soft goods or removable parts where it's not necessary.

I think this RetroBlasting video sums up many of my frustrations with modern super-articulation (he starts talking about the articulation of modern figures around the 4:55 mark):
https://youtu.be/db95VEQh6Uo

In my opinion, Hasbro's SA 3.75" line is best left as a 6-12 figure per year subline (similar to how Vintage worked from 2004-2007) and 5POA works best for the main line. When they try to churn out 20-30 new SA figures per year, quality inevitably suffers.

Reaction score
I agree. All of my favorite figures released in the last 3-4 years have been 5POA figures. I have no problems with SA as long as it's done well; but there is so much more that can go wrong with all of those extra parts and many times Hasbro increases their chances of screwing the figures up by adding in soft goods or removable parts where it's not necessary.

I think this RetroBlasting video sums up many of my frustrations with modern super-articulation (he starts talking about the articulation of modern figures around the 4:55 mark):
https://youtu.be/db95VEQh6Uo

In my opinion, Hasbro's SA 3.75" line is best left as a 6-12 figure per year subline (similar to how Vintage worked from 2004-2007) and 5POA works best for the main line. When they try to churn out 20-30 new SA figures per year, quality inevitably suffers.
I quite enjoy the way things are set up now, with the main characters getting super articulated figures, and the 5POA line delving deeper into the secondary and tertiary characters. The faster production of less articulated figures means we get a much deeper character selection for each of the new films, which is important considering there's a new film almost every year. Then, the main characters still get some incredible super articulated representation in the supplementary SA line. I think it's a decent model so far. The only problem I've really seen is giving Walmart the exclusive to the super articulated figures, which has been nothing short of a disaster.

Reaction score
I think some key swivel joints in the main line would be nice. Or some alternate arms to mix things up. For instance, some swivel elbow and wrists would improve the FO Stormtrooper greatly.

Reaction score
I think the sweet spot would be 5-9POA for the basic line, character dependent.

Reaction score
Personally, I miss ball jointed elbows, swivel wrists, and knees the most. I despise the thoracic and hip ball joints Hasbro uses on SW figures.

Sent from my LG-D725 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I think the sweet spot would be 5-9POA for the basic line, character dependent.
^ this 100% . I'd still buy SA versions of many characters as well, but i think the 5-9 poa ,on a case by case basis, is the perfect way for the basic, and main, line to go with. I was one who looked at the revert to 5 poa as a headscratching step backward when the switch was made. However ,with the sculpting getting better, and the ability to stand most of these up....a talent that several SA figures are bereft of.....the 5 pointers grew on me and reminded me of the general fun of the vintage era. I can't give up on SA though. I still want my cake and to eat it too lol......however, i do believe taking the main line back to the days of POTJ ,where articulation seemed more on an as needed basis, thats the best way to go.

Reaction score
Potj was great, but maybe more otc. Some of the potj figures were really scene specific like bespin escape Leia for instance. Otc had the ability to be a little more neutral posed.

Reaction score
Honestly, that's what this line reminds me of, POTJ. Both were/are arguably the best sculpts at the time, and remained so well into the Blue Saga line.
Only thing with POTJ figures, was the dynamic poses in some figures.

Reaction score
Honestly, that's what this line reminds me of, POTJ. Both were/are arguably the best sculpts at the time, and remained so well into the Blue Saga line.
Only thing with POTJ figures, was the dynamic poses in some figures.
I'll be the first to cast my vote against the return of dynamic poses lol....but i agree with your assessment. There is a twinge of POTJ to these TLJ figures, at least the best of POTJ's aesthetics, which help the appeal.

Reaction score
Most of the Han's have derpy eyes. The Fett is pretty decent for the class of figure . I like the flamethrowers, good for customs for super articulated figures.

Reaction score
Potj lando was almost perfect....except for the gun pose and partial crouch. He sums up the best and worst parts of the potj line. Perfect sculpt, slightly over action pose. That cape was amazing!

Reaction score
POTJ Lando looked great, but didn't really work as a "Bespin escape" Lando, because Lando didn't wear his cape when he was escaping Bespin, and he didn't really work as the "friendly Bespin administrator" Lando, because he was locked in that permanent blaster wielding pose. These kinds of frustrations were the primary reason that I was so happy to see more articulation being added to the figures, around 2000-2003, because if Hasbro was intent on sculpting the toys in dynamic action poses, I at least wanted the option to take the figures out of those poses. However, if the figures are sculpted in neutral poses in the first place, then I find that I don't miss the extra articulation at all.

Reaction score
I haven't seen this posted yet, here is the Legacy Collection body with the new head. It needs some putty to make it fit and it's a little big but it mostly works.

Reaction score
I haven't seen this posted yet, here is the Legacy Collection body with the new head. It needs some putty to make it fit and it's a little big but it mostly works.
I like it.
I originally bought mine for this purpose but liked the sculpt so much I put him on a shelf as-is.
Looks like I may need to grab another, or two.

Reaction score
I feel like the Saga Collection in 2006 had the perfect middle ground on articulation. I wasn't collecting during the vintage collection, but I did pick up some of the repacks they did for the 3.75" Black Series and the joints just feel sort of gummy to me. I like having elbows and knees, but due to size alone there's just not alot of poses you can pull off that you would he able to with a 6" figure, therefore I feel like it doesn't need to be articulated as much as one. Just make it so the figures can sit in a chair and hold their weapons with both hands and that's perfection to me.

Reaction score
I feel like the Saga Collection in 2006 had the perfect middle ground on articulation. I wasn't collecting during the vintage collection, but I did pick up some of the repacks they did for the 3.75" Black Series and the joints just feel sort of gummy to me. I like having elbows and knees, but due to size alone there's just not alot of poses you can pull off that you would he able to with a 6" figure, therefore I feel like it doesn't need to be articulated as much as one. Just make it so the figures can sit in a chair and hold their weapons with both hands and that's perfection to me.
Agreed. Saga06 to TAC I think was just about right.

Reaction score
I think so too. If it could get there, I'd be fine with the line. Then save SA(12-14 POA) for Hero characters, Jedi/Sith, Troopers/Soldiers etc.
Then i could start buying more figures again.