Boba Fett (from The Book of Boba Fett)

Reaction score
I believe I saw a new minibust coming. A new Boba Fett with the new repainted armor.
Is it true? I swear I saw it in a FB post but now I could not find.

Reaction score
There is a legends 3D all black re-paint of the original Boba, but that's all I've seen so far.

Reaction score
Whoa. I mean, it’s another Mandalorian, another Boba Fett, but that looks awesome.

Any info on preorder windows yet?

Reaction score
Damn, I didn't see this one today...the only new one was the 1:7 Hera and Chopper

Reaction score
I mean it's only the 2nd "non-exclusive" 1:6 mini-bust of Boba Fett, right?

Reaction score
I believe this one and another BOBF 3D bust "leaked" and then swiftly removed by GG. Accidently showed them early I guess

Reaction score
Those undersized busts are a crazy situation. How does that even happen ? Horrible quality control I guess. I like the look of this new Fett though.
20ac7721bb8eec87a28613c52b6e59df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
All we knew that this bust was coming, but I'm completely tired of Boba Fetts, even though there is a new show.

For me the best Boba Fett minibust is the first and is the only I have... Don't need it the rest of the uncountable list.

Gentle Giant, make new characters please! At least today was released Moff Gideon!

Reaction score
I’ve been really disappointed with what characters they’re making into new busts for awhile now, but this one actually looks pretty freakin’ sick. I have a Boba signed by Jeremy bulloch, a Jango signed by T Morrison, but now I sort of want to get this & try to get it signed by T Morrison since he’s Boba now

Reaction score
It's interesting how we all get excited, whether on a positive or negative way, about these offerings as if they were ready to be purchased and be delivered within a week, but all we have are a bunch of preorders and pictures, not even knowing when they will actually be released. We've been conditioned to accept these ghost offers, to assimilate and forget the many quality issues and to accept they will happen again and hope for the best as part of collecting their brand. Interesting how the human mind can be molded to different acceptance degrees through repetition. What a difference from when GG was at its peak many years ago, and offered variety and excitement. I'm happy for those that find these offers attractive, as we buy what we like, to me they are just more of the same characters.

Reaction score
It's interesting how we all get excited, whether on a positive or negative way, about these offerings as if they were ready to be purchased and be delivered within a week, but all we have are a bunch of preorders and pictures, not even knowing when they will actually be released. We've been conditioned to accept these ghost offers, to assimilate and forget the many quality issues and to accept they will happen again and hope for the best as part of collecting their brand. Interesting how the human mind can be molded to different acceptance degrees through repetition. What a difference from when GG was at its peak many years ago, and offered variety and excitement. I'm happy for those that find these offers attractive, as we buy what we like, to me they are just more of the same characters.

What I don't understand if that GG is able to focus on multiple lines across multiple licenses with no issue. I don't understand why they can't release new pieces of core characters (Vader, Fett, Troopers, Luke, etc) to continue to reach new customers and fill gaps in their collections while offering odd and less known through the PMG.

As much as I love Boba Fett I really only dabble in GG's mini bust line. If I'm missing something we've only seen 1 Fett bust hit a wide release which was their 1st ESB. Their ROTJ/SE, Holiday, Supertrooper, MCQ, etc were all exclusives and hard to get. Hell, even Vader! Since ROTS where we saw two mini-busts (Masked and Unmasked) we've gotten the original release and a Vader unleashed? They've had the license since, what, 2002?! At this point I should have had PP1, PP2, an actual ROTJ and a new ESB for 40th ESB anniversary Fett busts (just change a few things on the supertrooper Fett and throw some paint on it).

It's not much to ask considering it's almost been 20 years.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Their ROTJ/SE, Holiday, Supertrooper, MCQ, etc were all exclusives and hard to get.
I get your point but I actually don't remember any of these being particularly hard to score when they were released, provided one was following GG on these forums. I certainly don't remember any of these being same day sell outs. "Hard to get" were the Rock Star Tour clones, the blue Clone, the BH Stormie, etc.

Reaction score
I get your point but I actually don't remember any of these being particularly hard to score when they were released, provided one was following GG on these forums. I certainly don't remember any of these being same day sell outs. "Hard to get" were the Rock Star Tour clones, the blue Clone, the BH Stormie, etc.

They weren't hard to get if you were willing to pay higher than retail and a few now go for big bucks. In 20 years we only have 6 Boba Fett busts (only 2 are film related) so I don't think the market is too saturated with core characters.

I basically quit collecting GG for awhile after that BH Stormie.

Reaction score
Fully armored up and ready to take the throne that had once been held by Jabba the Hutt™, Boba Fett™ is ready for his epic return with an all-new show, The Book of Boba Fett. The 1:6 scale, approximately 6-inch Mini-Bust depicts the famous bounty hunter in his updated costume. The newest edition to Gentle Giant, Ltd.'s line of Boba Fett collectibles is limited to just 3,000 pieces and comes packaged with a hand-numbered certificate of authenticity.

Reaction score
Edition size of only 3,000. Color me a bit surprised, considering the widespread popularity of the character. (Although I don't really have a good grasp on how strong this mini-bust line & scale is w/collectors anymore.)

Given that relatively modest edition size, I would guess this has a fairly decent chance of selling out.....eventually. BUT, since this is GG (Diamond), they will probably do what they did for the Mando character, which is to make additional, slightly different variant versions afterwards.

The question is: To order through 3rd party retailer and save $20 or bite the bullet and order direct through GG. The FOMO tugs a little, but don't feel a need to make any rash decisions at this point.

And would it kill them to actually start shipping some product already?!! Believe at this point I'm waiting on 5 pre-orders now. Two of which are already well-past their initial release schedule.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Never been able to get my hands on a Boba bust other than the classics, this looks fantastic! If there are any UK collectors here, do you just wait till it becomes available on Zavvi etc and hope you don’t miss out or purchase direct and pay the large shipping fees and potential customs?

I’ve never bought direct as I have always been put off by the additional cost, but this does mean I miss out on a lot of busts.

Reaction score
Never been able to get my hands on a Boba bust other than the classics, this looks fantastic! If there are any UK collectors here, do you just wait till it becomes available on Zavvi etc and hope you don’t miss out or purchase direct and pay the large shipping fees and potential customs?

I’ve never bought direct as I have always been put off by the additional cost, but this does mean I miss out on a lot of busts.
I always order direct. I like the no quibble replacement policy if they arrive faulty (which they often do). PGM discount helps a little. The customs is hit and miss, I haven’t been asked to pay anything on the last few busts, obviously I’ve voluntarily declared it and paid ;)
As things are at the moment you’ll probably get your items from a UK retailer before GG have them in stock. I can point you towards better UK suppliers if you want, I’ve heard Zavvi can be a bit unreliable (cancelled orders etc.)
Good luck :)

Reaction score
Thanks John, if you can point me in the right direction to other alternative suppliers that would be great! (Fellow Northener!)