Boba Fett (Droids)

GNT

Reaction score
As part of the 50th Anniversary LFL line Hasbro is releasing Boba Fett from the Droids show as a Target exclusive.

Order here

Pictures below:

Who’s purchasing this figure?

Attachments

• D171C408-0DBE-416C-941D-878A1C1971E8.jpeg
    D171C408-0DBE-416C-941D-878A1C1971E8.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 702515DF-00AA-4ADB-8138-27A5AB2922EF.jpeg
    702515DF-00AA-4ADB-8138-27A5AB2922EF.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 23
  • D64727B6-F4A8-49EE-AD58-DC38F1F30D26.jpeg
    D64727B6-F4A8-49EE-AD58-DC38F1F30D26.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 979A0516-5E5A-4905-8165-864601D54B5D.jpeg
    979A0516-5E5A-4905-8165-864601D54B5D.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 1802AB78-47C8-42E7-B9F6-F9F5872050AD.jpeg
    1802AB78-47C8-42E7-B9F6-F9F5872050AD.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 22
Reaction score
Repost from the general TVC thread.

Boba Fett (Droids) - Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary
. Target
Target-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive
. Comes with collector's coin.

Available for pre-order beginning September 24th, at 9:00am ET. MSRP is $15.99.

Pre-order link HERE.

Press Images

VC-Boba-Fett-Droids-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Carded-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Boba-Fett-Droids-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

VC-Boba-Fett-Droids-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
VC-Boba-Fett-Droids-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

VC-Boba-Fett-Droids-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
VC-Boba-Fett-Droids-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

VC-Boba-Fett-Droids-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-6-Resized.jpg
VC-Boba-Fett-Droids-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

VC-Boba-Fett-Droids-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-8-Resized.jpg
VC-Boba-Fett-Droids-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-9-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Boba-Fett-Droids-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Carded-1.jpg

VC-Boba-Fett-Droids-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-1.jpg

VC-Boba-Fett-Droids-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-2.jpg

VC-Boba-Fett-Droids-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-5.jpg

VC-Boba-Fett-Droids-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-8.jpg

VC-Boba-Fett-Droids-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-9.jpg

Reaction score
As a huge fan of the Droids cartoon back in the day (who was disappointed by the sculpts of the small Droids line that came out in 1985), I always wanted them to make modern figures from the line. Glad at least a handful of these are finally coming out. This animated Boba Fett figure looks fantastic.

IIRC there has been a Boba Fett figure in the modern line done in the animated format, from the Holiday Special animated segment (featuring a similar look to the Boba Fett in the Droids cartoon). Note that the same animation company (Nelvana) was responsible for both cartoons.

Also note that the Boba Fett figure from the 1985 Droids line was a straight re-release of the same figure from the regular OT Vintage line, just on a Droids card.....boring, especially to a kid like me at the time who already had the regular Boba Fett figure.

Reaction score
Another that I'll probably get and leave carded. (Assuming I'll ever find it, or can order it.) I like the TAC(?) holiday special Fett a little more.

Reaction score
I was able to get all three figures from this wave at 6:01 Pacific Daylight Time. Still not quite awake so I only ordered one of each.

I only have one or two of the originals from way back in the 80s. So I thought it was cool that Hasbro brought these out.

Reaction score
If anyone that ordered theTarget Droids exclusives ends up with Buyer’s Remorse, I was buried in work and totally forgot about the Pre-Order. I’m looking for the 6” as well as one of each of the 3.75”.
👎

Reaction score
Was able to order the Fett and the Droids with no issues immediately at launch. Will they be fulfilled? TBD.

Reaction score
Was able to order the Fett and the Droids with no issues immediately at launch. Will they be fulfilled? TBD.

the world may never know ...
was able to get Boba, only want him to display with the 2007 Animated Fett.

edit: also, what sculpt is this, not intune with the more recent figures in TVC

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hobbybase in Hong Kong is reporting a 12/1 release date. While not necessarily indicative of a U.S. release date, I think we can surmise that it won't be any sooner than that.

Reaction score
I got my pre order in yesterday. I was tapping the banner a little before 8am central. Got Fett and R2. Passed on 3PO. I might pick him up in store. I am happy these did well. I am very curious if they might do Kea, Thall, Jorde and Jann Tosh. I wouldn’t mind seeing updated versions of those figures.

Reaction score
Missed the pre-ordered. If anyone grabbed two I'll be happy to pay!

Reaction score
I got the original Holiday Special so I didn't bother with this. Not interested in 3PO or R2 either.

I'd buy other Droids characters if they ever decided to make them in VC though. Not that it's likely.

Reaction score
I like the Holiday Special figure from TAC was well, and I'm happy this Droids version is utilizing slightly different shades of paint and application techniques. The TAC release almost looked "carbonized" in the blue areas, so its cool to see this one is matte.

Reaction score
I have a poetic sob story. I will post this in the 3 TVC Droids figures threads once each.

So late thursday/early friday my basement flooded due to persistent heavy rains. It got up to 4", aka 3.75. So needless to say, I was a bit occupied when these pre orders went live. That is all handled now and my basement is probably cleaner now than it was before the intrusion alas, I am in the void now with these amazing looking TVC Droids issues.

Anyone who has an extra set of these 3 figures lined up and is willing to part with them when they come in (as long as card and bubble is in good condition) for either a modest premium $ or for trade (I have a lot of TVC figures MOC and also about ALL of the Dark Horse Omnibus in VF/NM condition) please PM me sooner than later to work out a plan between us.

FYI, I buy and sell (to collect more, not a professional seller) on Ebay, my handle there is eidolon82, where you can see some of my goods that are up for sale/trade. But I am a man of principal and not looking to get over on anyone, and would probably even happily make a deal that is leaning heavily in your favor because anything that I had listed there I was looking to part with anyones, and these figures are gorgeous and I must have them. Being an 82 kid, original POTF and Droids figures were predominantly the only new figures I recieved as a squirt.

As a highly of a potential great value trade for anyone looking, I have an MOC Unpunched Kithaba (black/brown bandana) in fantastic condition that I was looking to part with. I would trade him straight up for a set of these 3 Droids figures in great condition.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Love the look of this one, will try to limit myself to just getting a pair.

Reaction score
Can’t wait to add the original release’s belt/holster and rifle!
Lmao - glad it's not just me that is thinking this exact thought. It's been a long time since I determined to "fix" a Hasbro release straight from the packaging. The last time was when I repainted Herchek Kel Fas' eyes black as soon as I got him :O

I don't want to ***** about this release as it does look great, and I like the way they've varied the colours since the old TAC release.

But surely they could just have put a holster belt on to make it match the reference. I understand it's a realistic interpretation of a crude, undetailed 2D image, but the holster is a clear detail that is present in the cartoon and not on the figure. Surely they could just have reused the tooling from the TAC one? They re-released that as recently as 2017 in the white version so they probably still have access to the tooling.

It's such a tiny detail but it would have made such a difference. This is just a bit lazy on what is otherwise an excellent looking figure.

Reaction score
I honestly thought they would wait until they did an ESB version (surely they’ll cut corners and just change the left gauntlet and swap out the belt, which will include attached thigh pouches). That way they could have the holster from that sculpt be a part of the design.

I wonder if they’ll go ahead and use the ROTJ sculpt for the inevitable pre-pro Fetts now too...

Reaction score
Well that's the problem with 50th releases, they're essentially just repaints/repacks to generate funds while not having to invest in new tooling. And I think Hasbro has gotten away from that era of reuse mixed with slightly new tooling like they did for the previous version, it was part of the basic line which allowed for the cost absorption of adding new parts/accessories to an existing mold. Where as now that doesn't seem to be the case or cost effective for them.

And they have an easy out because of the Vintage versions and they're simply staying true to that. The TAC release seemed more of a Fan figure type release, especially considering how EU heavy that line was, and it was a great way to get us all to rebuy that same old mold they've been reissuing over and over for years. They probably haven't made enough off the TVC186 mold yet for them to invest in new accessories, thus perhaps why we're getting this repaint before the ESB alteration? Because I too would ahev thought we'd see ESB Fett before any of the "EU" type repaints.

Reaction score
This fett can easily be an extra mando sustitute in displays. Im glad its these 3 cardbacks since i do not have the orig 3. My 3po & R2 came on candian generic cards and i skipped fett and awing pilot as they were repacks. So I'd like to see the MIA df2 A-wing pilot finally released either on droids card or in reg tvc...or both..lol

Reaction score
This is a pretty cool sub set, but I wasn't really compelled to try and get them on preorder. When I remembered they went live, I saw a couple of them had already sold out and it didn't upset me. I know I'll probably never see them in store, but IF I happen to catch them, I'll get them. If not, I'll be okay.

Reaction score
Why does Hasbro have an "Order Now" button on the Boba this week? Are they going to add more?

Reaction score
Boba and the other Droids figures are part of the Bring Home the Bounty promotion for this week. Since they are promoting them, I would imagine that there is going to be another allotment of these figures going up for sale at some point here.

Reaction score
Boba and the other Droids figures are part of the Bring Home the Bounty promotion for this week. Since they are promoting them, I would imagine that there is going to be another allotment of these figures going up for sale at some point here.
which almost solidifies my point that Merrick's X wing was supposed to be @ Target geek out on the day these were put up instead.

Reaction score
Making more Boba Fett figures would make sense but we'll just get more Lando and Rey figures.

Reaction score
Making more Boba Fett figures would make sense but we'll just get more Lando and Rey figures.

Don’t hate on my man Lando!

And we haven’t gotten a Rey figure since 2019. I’d still be down for Rey (Dark Vision) and Rey (Jedi Training from TLJ) before they retire the character.

Reaction score
Don’t hate on my man Lando!

And we haven’t gotten a Rey figure since 2019. I’d still be down for Rey (Dark Vision) and Rey (Jedi Training from TLJ) before they retire the character.

I don't hate Lando. Certain characters such as Rey, Lando, Kuiil, etc just linger at the stores. Need better case breakdowns.

Reaction score
Even though we didn’t get an update for ESB Lando in blue for sixteen or so years, we do seem to get some Lando in one incarnation or another regularly enough. We have skiff guard, skiff guard repaint, Donald Glover, and Lando General in TVC. Now we finally get blue. He’s a great character and I’m glad we get him. He was one redeeming feature of ROS. I’d buy an 80-year-old Billy Dee in yellow for sure.

Reaction score
They just charged my card for this pre-order 10/25. This has to be target acting weird, not actually getting ready to ship?