Boba Fett - CW32

Reaction score
Re: Boba Fett

GNT said:
Who wants to see a CW Boba Fett?
Not I. An animated version of him as he appeared in the OT ala the gentle giant maquettes would make an awesome figure but not the little brat.

Reaction score

If he's got a cool armor then yes I'll buy him, but if he is a boring teenager without mandalorian armor : NO

Reaction score

Isn't he only like 12 year old at this time? Seems kinda lame that he is going to be leading anyone.

Reaction score

Of course they will release a teenage Boba animated version, are you kidding me? TV Show + one of most acclaimed characters in SW + 30th anniversary of ESB + Parents like me introducing the character to his 6 yr old kids = Success!

Reaction score

Zylek said:
Isn't he only like 12 year old at this time? Seems kinda lame that he is going to be leading anyone.
I doubt they have him leading anyone yet. More likely he is just learning the ropes so to speak. We'll see.

Reaction score

Under Mandalorian custom, Boba Fett is considered an adult when he is still an adolescent (forget the exact age). He could very well be leading others.

That said, I am not looking forward to an angsty teenage Boba Fett on the show. He was an annoying character in Episode II. I would rather have them wait until the live-action series to really showcase the character as a true adult.

Reaction score

Culture or not, I think it's lame as well that a boy can lead a group of grown bounty hunters.

Reaction score

Wow, I'm surprised to see people who don't want to see a teenage Boba Fett.

I wanna see him...

And I guess that's kind of weird when I think about it, because I was never much of a Boba Fett fan when I was kid -- I thought he was alright, but nothing special or anything. Now as an adult I find myself really looking forward to this Clone Wars version.

Of course, I guess that's to be expected, because I'm a bigger Star Wars fan now than when I was a kid during the original trilogy.

And not to say that Star Wars wasn't a big deal, but as a 7 year-old kid back in 1977 I liked Star Wars for a while -- had the lunchbox; got the figures when they came out -- but in time I inevitably moved on to something else, and when the sequels came back around I got back into Star Wars.

Anyway, yeah, give me a teenage Boba Fett and a Clone Wars Slave I and I'll be good to go.

Reaction score

I don't really want to see a Boba Fett figure but I think we'll get one anyway, he's a popular character, not necessarily at age 12 though.

Reaction score

I'm all for it, he's supposed to be this super bad ass, so why not? He has been trained by Jango personally and it definitely looks like he's driven by revenge just in that one pic alone. It'd be a nice touch if he some sort of confrontation with the Death Watch too

Reaction score

Verbal21 said:
I'm all for it, he's supposed to be this super bad ass, so why not? He has been trained by Jango personally and it definitely looks like he's driven by revenge just in that one pic alone...
That's the way I feel, too. Boba Fett's supposed to be bad a**, so yeah, you would think he was pretty bad a** at 12 or 13, too.

As for the USATODAY image, Lucasfilm has now released the full image...

...and there's an IGN.com article that hints that perhaps the teenage Boba Fett is under the tutelage of Bossk and Aurra Sing -- if so, that would make total sense.

EDIT:

Yeah, *spoiler alert* about Bossk and Aurra Sing, I guess.

Reaction score

Aizakku said:
Verbal21 said:
I'm all for it, he's supposed to be this super bad ass, so why not? He has been trained by Jango personally and it definitely looks like he's driven by revenge just in that one pic alone...
That's the way I feel, too. Boba Fett's supposed to be bad a**, so yeah, you would think he was pretty bad a** at 12 or 13, too.

As for the USATODAY image, Lucasfilm has now released the full image...

...and there's an IGN.com article that hints that perhaps the teenage Boba Fett is under the tutelage of Bossk and Aurra Sing -- if so, that would make total sense.

EDIT:

Yeah, *spoiler alert* about Bossk and Aurra Sing, I guess.
Awesome picture ! Thanks

Reaction score

Hey, maybe they might translate in an episode the same line the Trandoshan said in ESB, and the mystery will finally be solved!

GNT

Reaction score

I wouldn't say no to a CW version of Boba, we've seen figures of him from all his other appearances (OT,PT, Holiday special and Concept art) so what's the harm in one more new figure?

Reaction score

I'm guessing that this one is already in the works. I mean it is an incarnation of Boba, which means 1) built-in popularity, 2)He's a kid, so easy to market to kids, and 3) we know he lives through the Clone Wars, so he'll most likely be back at some point.

Plus didn't we spot a Boba toy at ToyFair? Something like the Force Battlers or something? It was in the background, but I know I remember seeing it. I cannot imagine Hasbro making a different version, plus the Mace with the thermal detonator in the helmet, without making a 3 3/4" version.

Reaction score

The Boba at Toy Fair was a CW-style image on the packaging for a little Slave I "vehicle launcher" toy. Not any kind of actual Boba figure.

Reaction score

It's a shame Bossk and Boba are being crammed into the same episode in my opinion (could the universe get any smaller???).

And isn't that Slave 1 we can see parked in the background in that still too? In Jango colours too, I think, though it's hard to tell, seeing as we see so little of it.

Reaction score

I've never understood why the fans love Boba. All he did in ESB was follow the Falcon to Bespin and report it to the Empire. It wasn't like he single handedly took them all down or something.

Then in ROTJ, all he did was nod to Leia in disguise and then get b**** slapped and fly into the side of the sail barge and get eaten by the sarlac. Doesn't seem too bad aryse to me. I know there is a bunch of EU stuff to make him seem more than that but whatever.

Maybe the CW episode will change my perception.

Reaction score

He is a punk, his dad was a punk. Shortman, tough guy complex type. I am certain Lucas put these punks in the saga just to show em go down like punks like that always do when they face a truely enlightened warrior.

Reaction score

Could the Mace Windu figure we saw at Toy Fair with the sliced in half Mandalorian helmet accessory be anything to do with Bobas appearance in The Clone Wars?

Reaction score

SithLord229 said:
Could the Mace Windu figure we saw at Toy Fair with the sliced in half Mandalorian helmet accessory be anything to do with Bobas appearance in The Clone Wars?
Yes. Before it was officially confirmed, a lot of people guessed he'd be in the show due to A) CW-style Boba image on a vehicle launcher toy packaging and B) new Mace figure having a sliced-up thermal-detonator-containing Jango Fett helmet.

Reaction score

I think the problem I have is that the stuff I read before the Prequal trilogy was that Boba Fett was to have a big role in the Clone wars.Now we find out is basicly a 11 year old kid.This is the same stuff I didn't like with The Phanotm Menace when they had Anakin 9 years old.They should have made the characters more older.Also,Fett's a clone???I mean,come on.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
SithLord229 said:
Yes. Before it was officially confirmed, a lot of people guessed he'd be in the show due to A) CW-style Boba image on a vehicle launcher toy packaging and B) new Mace figure having a sliced-up thermal-detonator-containing Jango Fett helmet.
Actually the main suspicion was gained from concept art of young Boba Fett in the Art of the Clone Wars book.

Reaction score

If he (the possible figure) looks like he does in those CW screenshots then I'd do just as well to sculpt some hair on one of my wife's vintage strawberry shortcake dolls, paint some armor on it and call Bob my uncle.

Reaction score

Boba Fett = Me not impressed. I will probably buy the figure if made, but I won't be upset if they didn't make him.

Reaction score

I'm in for one of every bounty hunter, but I have no interest in a little Boba figure. He's just not that interesting to me till he gets older and straps on that armour.