Boba Fett "Concept" Mini Bust - SDCC 2020 Exclusive

Reaction score
Comic-Con International in San Diego may have gone digital, but the exclusives are real! Premier Guild members, take the first look at Gentle Giant Ltd.’s all-new Concept Boba Fett Bust. It includes two interchangeable heads and will go up for pre-order on July 17!

The Premier Guild Platinum Tier will have the first opportunity, and all PG orders are guaranteed!

Reaction score
So the Concept bust this year isn't Palpatine or Leia, but a re-do?

The email doesn't use the word McQuarrie anywhere in it. Is this from someone else?

WTF.

Reaction score
This company does not cease to make me laugh. Through the years they've gone from great to good, to so-so, to bad to laughable. Now they've even become boring with so much of the same characters. I guess whomever brain stormed on coming up with yet another Fett- mandalorian, did not care to take a look at the many other McQuarrie concept drawings for other characters. It's what they think should be made, not what logic will dictate to do. They have become a joke.

Reaction score
Just curious why the bust is significantly different from the sketch used in the promo pic (post #1 above)? Why not use the concept sketch that the bust is actually based on? The poncho is very different.

Reaction score
Do you have to sign up for 2020 PGM to get first dibs? Or does this still count towards 2019?

Reaction score
While I love the bust...we really need a new ESB Fett. Maybe Celebration exclusive...?

Reaction score
Boba Fett was a collaboration. The poncho picture used was by Joe Johnston.
Ah, okay. Well at least that makes a little sense. I don't hate it, but I'd much rather have had another McQuarrie bust... at one per year it's a slow grind, and there are still major characters and cool designs to make.

Reaction score
Their site says 500. Hopefully it doesn't sell out before tomorrow. I'm assuming it will not.

Reaction score
Ah, okay. Well at least that makes a little sense. I don't hate it, but I'd much rather have had another McQuarrie bust... at one per year it's a slow grind, and there are still major characters and cool designs to make.
Your suggestions of Palpatine and Leia are exactly what we need next.
Hopefully they have been taken onboard as feedback for next year.
After those 2 I can’t think of any more I’d definitely want, maybe the rebel trooper with the big helmet.

Reaction score
Your suggestions of Palpatine and Leia are exactly what we need next.
Hopefully they have been taken onboard as feedback for next year.
After those 2 I can’t think of any more I’d definitely want, maybe the rebel trooper with the big helmet.
I'd like to see a Mc X-wing pilot or Cloud City pilot.

I am going to order this Boba. I like the pose better than the McBoba.

Reaction score
Their site says 500. Hopefully it doesn't sell out before tomorrow. I'm assuming it will not.
The email also said all PGM orders were guaranteed. I suppose that's easy since there's no convention to bring any to.

But, if the edition size really is 500, that tells me that there are fewer than 250 PGM members, since you can buy two.

EDIT: Since it says sold out now, maybe I was overthinking the math... maybe it's not guaranteed that every PGM member can get one, just that they're guaranteed if you get an order in? Not sure what the point of calling that out would be though, since every order that goes through is guaranteed at that point.

Last edited: