Boba Fett - Armor Up

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss the Boba Fett Armor Up figure.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Picture has been added, IG-88 and pals would be so jealous of Mr Fett with his super cool new chest piece accessory :p ;)

Reaction score
The armor piece might be useful for a Mandalorian Super Commando, totally EU of course.

Reaction score
Yeah. this is the only armor that looks cool so far. Chewy's could be second for a generic Wookie Warrior look.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I'm so bada@@ my armor ...has armor????

I don't get it. Armor for non armored characters makes sense. Still, I suppose kids (and adults) will think this is cool just like the POTF capture contraption was. (I'm not trying to disparage anyone, it just doesn't make sense.)

Reaction score
I'm so bada@@ my armor ...has armor????

I don't get it. Armor for non armored characters makes sense. Still, I suppose kids (and adults) will think this is cool just like the POTF capture contraption was. (I'm not trying to disparage anyone, it just doesn't make sense.)
But light sabers and sound in the vacuum of space and "the force"... those all make total sense. Good point, bro.

Trying to bring logic to Star Wars is like putting cola in Jack Daniels. Total waste of a good time.

Reaction score
Gotta love how they just had to resurrect Boba Fett from the dead, just to make him part of the new movie, eventhough he has absolutely nothing to do with this movie. Unlike Darth Vader and OT Luke Skywalker. Boba Fett's whole purpose is to help sales, simply because fans love him.
Unless ofcourse.. Boba Fett actually is in the new movie. o-o

Reaction score
Gotta love how they just had to resurrect Boba Fett from the dead, just to make him part of the new movie, eventhough he has absolutely nothing to do with this movie. Unlike Darth Vader and OT Luke Skywalker. Boba Fett's whole purpose is to help sales, simply because fans love him.
Well, Boba is hot of almost confirmed characters to be getting his own film, of which the rumoured draft is
  Spoiler:  
His actually a guy that kills the original teenager Boba and takes his identity to pursure a career in bounty hunting. Disney wants this angle to separate Boba from Jango and AOTC, and market a new actor beneath the helmet.

Reaction score
Trying to bring logic to Star Wars is like putting cola in Jack Daniels. Total waste of a good time.
It's called making it last longer! :grin:

Well, Boba is hot of almost confirmed characters to be getting his own film, of which the rumoured draft is
  Spoiler:  
His actually a guy that kills the original teenager Boba and takes his identity to pursue a career in bounty hunting. Disney wants this angle to separate Boba from Jango and AOTC, and market a new actor beneath the helmet.
If this truly is the route they are taking, I'm done with Disney's Star Wars!

Reaction score
US? No just you. God, sense of humour not allowed on these forums...
Dude. It's a thread about that the ARMOUR. Quite plainly the figure is pretty much identical to the 1996 Boba and the accessory to the 2002 pack-in.

Get over it and find another way to get to being an "Emperor" without the insults. You will find that I have levelled none at you but received a couple. It is tiresome and so are you.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Yeah, the POTF2 stuff didn't make much sense to me either. It is like all these strange Batman costumes. I could try to justify the reason behind it, but it seems forced (No pun intended).

Maybe he calls it Veronica and goes Scarlacc-busting with it. Maybe he needs to overcompensate for his emotional scars after his escape.

@JohnSolo, I think it was Tolkien that said something like "it is OK for a world to have a green sun as long as there is a consistent reason for it (I'm mangling it badly).
The point is, fantasy can do all kinds of crazy things but as long as it has a self contained logic, that's fine.

Sand speeders make sense. The POTF2 Desert Skiff, less so. Alien's exo-skeleton cargo carrier good, Han's back breaking smuggling thing in a repulsor based society, not so much.

Now, if Boba's new armor has a specific function (against a specific energy or alien) then it makes sense. Why it only protects his chest and head[?], I don't know.

The logic is the SWU for the most part makes sense and is consistent. Their lasers don't work the same way ours do. They never actually hear in the vacuum of space just like they never ask, "Where's this music coming from, and can you knock it off, I'm trying to hide here?" That is movie magic.

A lot of the mini-rig toys and (not-in-movie) accessories (to me) break the internal logic of the SWU. When I see most action figures, I see characters, but this just looks like a "kid's toy".

I guess I just need a better imagination. (and here I could mangle a Shakespeare quote form A Midsummer Night's Dream!)

Reaction score
No, you won't. The force is stronger than you. ;)
While they're at it, with retelling someone's backstory. They might as well change it so that Han and Boba are childhood friends, who become estranged for whatever reasons. Maybe then it would add a dynamic worth exploring.

But I don't get them wanting to go the route of killing a teenage Fett. For starters, he wouldn't even have made a name for himself yet. Not to mention, he's a Clone of Jango. One of the best BH's already. So there's already complications to what they want to do. IMO there's no reason to separate the character form Jango, other than not wanting to go with the existing actors that portrayed him. There are other ways to market someone new under the helmet. Such as a holo mask, reconstructive surgery. Going with the explanation that he didn't want to look like all those Clones. But if they have no plans to acknowledge the PT anyways, there's still no reason to change him. Because he was a white guy in ESB. Well, unless they plan to cast a black or latin actor. Or even go with a female this time around!

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
His actually a guy that kills the original teenager Boba and takes his identity to pursure a career in bounty hunting. Disney wants this angle to separate Boba from Jango and AOTC, and market a new actor beneath the helmet.
I don't really see what Boba would do in this new movie as a 60+ year old man, but if it means Disney will re-edit the original trilogy to give Boba his real voice back instead of that dubbed over phoned in Jago voice that Lucas added, then it will be worth it.

Reaction score
After making this comment from yours truly last night, it actually donned upon me that there could be a hidden meaning for why they've included Boba Fett in the TFA toyline. The obvious reason is that he's a beloved character by fans, and his action figure sells very well. But I have a conspiracy theory that might sound spoilerish, but it's not really a spoiler, just a guess.
  Spoiler:  
I did some research on the net last night and found an article that talks about a rumor floating around that the character that Max Von Sydow is playing in the movie will later be revealed to be Boba Fett. The quote in the article says it will be revealed "in the third act", which to me sounds like they're referring to the third movie in the new trilogy. Ofcourse this is all unconfirmed, it's just a rumor. It could totally be wrong. But the fact that Disney/Lucasfilm/Hasbro has released this Boba Fett action figure for TFA, seems like a suttle hint that it could be relevant to the movie. And if you're a Star Wars collector like me, this Boba Fett figure might be the hidden gem that becomes the most valuable among other Star Wars collectors, in 5 years when Episode 9 comes out and the revelation is revealed on screen.
Anyway, take this with a grain of salt, I could totally be wrong. I was planning on not buying "yet another Boba Fett action figure", but based on this speculation, I will buy him.

Reaction score
Instead of putting a woman on the new $10 bill they should just put Boba Fett. He's Hasbro's equivalent of printing money so he might as well be on some of it.

Reaction score
That rumored plot for the Boba Fett film was shot down as fake by Pablo Hidalgo about a week after it first appeared.

Reaction score
Wow, they created a TFA verion of the POTF2 Deluxe line (the ones that were total Hasbro creations, not Hoth Radar Dishes & Imperial Snowtrooper Cannons etc of course).
Aweful, aweful stuff.

Reaction score
I have no interest in boba fett what so ever. I'm not sure if thats odd/bad.
It's not odd/bad at all. Frankly, I'm getting sick of seeing him. He's gone from being a mysterious and intriguing character to the Kim Kardashian of the Star Wars universe.

Reaction score
While they're at it, with retelling someone's backstory. They might as well change it so that Han and Boba are childhood friends, who become estranged for whatever reasons. Maybe then it would add a dynamic worth exploring.

But I don't get them wanting to go the route of killing a teenage Fett. For starters, he wouldn't even have made a name for himself yet. Not to mention, he's a Clone of Jango. One of the best BH's already. So there's already complications to what they want to do. IMO there's no reason to separate the character form Jango, other than not wanting to go with the existing actors that portrayed him. There are other ways to market someone new under the helmet. Such as a holo mask, reconstructive surgery. Going with the explanation that he didn't want to look like all those Clones. But if they have no plans to acknowledge the PT anyways, there's still no reason to change him. Because he was a white guy in ESB. Well, unless they plan to cast a black or latin actor. Or even go with a female this time around!

With changes being made, I'd give real money if in episode seven, Luke while training a new Jedi, said something like "In the old republic, the Jedi actually believed in such foolishness as prophecies and Medichlorian counts, can you believe it? You either get Force powers or a cold. What a ridiculous idea"

Reaction score
I'm amazed that Hasbro scratched the money together to include useless pieces of "armor" with this new line of figures when apparently, ball-jointed shoulders put the company on fast track to bankruptcy.

Reaction score
With changes being made, I'd give real money if in episode seven, Luke while training a new Jedi, said something like "In the old republic, the Jedi actually believed in such foolishness as prophecies and Medichlorian counts, can you believe it? You either get Force powers or a cold. What a ridiculous idea"
I'd love to know how all the people who are supposedly "Star Wars" fans became such harsh critics over the years?? I've said this before and it stands true now more than ever...................when you watched these movies as a child and became a fan, you watched them through the eyes of a child and you should remember that is where the magic is! Quit trying to re write Star Wars and let it be what it is, enjoy the imagination of someone's vision for the movies! If its that important to you to change what's already out there...................make your own movies, pretty sure we won't see that happening any time soon, which is why it's so easy to come here and be an armchair quarterback and criticize others work and success!

Reaction score
I'd love to know how all the people who are supposedly "Star Wars" fans became such harsh critics over the years?? I've said this before and it stands true now more than ever...................when you watched these movies as a child and became a fan, you watched them through the eyes of a child and you should remember that is where the magic is! Quit trying to re write Star Wars and let it be what it is, enjoy the imagination of someone's vision for the movies! If its that important to you to change what's already out there...................make your own movies, pretty sure we won't see that happening any time soon, which is why it's so easy to come here and be an armchair quarterback and criticize others work and success!
How did supposed Star Wars fans become such harsh critics? The Prequels my friend. Medichlorians and prophecies take out the magic. The force isn't a mysterious energy field, that through discipline and inner character can be mastered, its a microscopic life form. Anakin wasn't a great Jedi because he worked at it, or did anything, he had a bunch of those microbes and he was prophetised. Where's the magic in that? It pretty much pooped all over Yodas teachings and say to my inner child and actual children don't try. Greatness at anything is either something your born with, or you'll never have it. Plus my inner child was board with all the politics and horrified by the decapitation and someone being burned alive. I've not been able to calm him down since. :(

Reaction score
This is the kind of logic that...eludes me. It leaves me scratching my head in sheer dumbfounded awe...

Can you only be a Star Wars fan by liking every aspect of it? That's a pretty narrow-minded description of what it takes to be a true fan. Plus I always found those throwing around the moniker of true fan to be very, well, petty. Everyone here is a fan of the stuff in their own way, don't dilute it to "They have to agree with my opinions (they're the only right ones)...or they're not a true fan!"

Another one I never understood is that of the "If you hate them so much...make them yourself!" argument! Sheesh! That doesn't make a lick of logical sense. We don't have millions of dollars, how exactly are we supposed to do that? So basically what you're saying is that...because I can't actually engineer a bridge, I can't say "That's shoddy work!" if that bridge collapses because of structural deficiencies? Well...of course I can say that! I'm fairly certain that if most folks around here were actually given the financing and tools (alongside an experience and collaborative film crew) to have actually written and directed the Prequel trilogy, it would have been better than what we officially got. In fact, I'm certain of it.

But that's my opinion...and I'm sticking to it.

Reaction score

I was actually thinking that, though the PT is canonical...but not particularly beloved, there's a very cautious way of going about Boba. I'm fairly certain that the Sequel Trilogy will very carefully dance around Prequel plot points and happenings, if not simply not mention much of them at all. It sure seems that way, anyway. And I think that's playing it safe. JJ has to be aware of the fact that the Prequels are highly criticized at best...steer away from many if any references to them.

And I think that's exactly the way to go. Simply don't mention Boba being a clone. For those who enjoy the prequels, they're already aware of it. It's not being written out or altered...simply not referenced. Because it doesn't need to be. For those who do not enjoy them...it's not tainted by its continuity shoved in our faces. Because is it really even relevant to mention Jango by this point in the series anyway?

If he's shown helmetless (the personally...I hope not)...explain it away, simply, by him being terribly scarred by the acid of the Sarlacc and his vocal cords are back to the original ESB voice work as they were also damaged. That way you sort of please everyone: PT and OT fans alike.

Reaction score
I was actually thinking that, though the PT is canonical...but not particularly beloved, there's a very cautious way of going about Boba. I'm fairly certain that the Sequel Trilogy will very carefully dance around Prequel plot points and happenings, if not simply not mention much of them at all. It sure seems that way, anyway. And I think that's playing it safe. JJ has to be aware of the fact that the Prequels are highly criticized at best...steer away from many if any references to them.

And I think that's exactly the way to go. Simply don't mention Boba being a clone. For those who enjoy the prequels, they're already aware of it. It's not being written out or altered...simply not referenced. Because it doesn't need to be. For those who do not enjoy them...it's not tainted by its continuity shoved in our faces. Because is it really even relevant to mention Jango by this point in the series anyway?

If he's shown helmetless (the personally...I hope not)...explain it away, simply, by him being terribly scarred by the acid of the Sarlacc and his vocal cords are back to the original ESB voice work as they were also damaged. That way you sort of please everyone: PT and OT fans alike.
It's very obvious that Disney wants to distance themselves from the Prequel Trilogy stuff. I totally get. Like most people, I was not a huge fan of the PT movies. I enjoyed the Clone Wars cartoon tho, primarily because of Ahsoka. Without her, I probably would've been bored of that show too.
In regards to Boba Fett, the rumor that "Boba Fett is a mantle" didn't ring well with me at first, but I've come around to welcome the possibility. The studios want Michael Fassbender to take on the role of Boba Fett for the Anthology film, and i'd love to see him take on the role because he's a much better actor than Temeura Morrison. So, I understand that the only way to get Michael Fassbender in that role is for the story of Boba Fett to change. It makes for an interesting story, for the original Boba Fett to die. But the question I have is... when does that take place? It's not so interesting if the original Boba gets killed as a teenager. I'd prefer Boba become established as a notorious bounty hunter by his early 20's. Then perhaps he gets killed by one of Jabba's hired bounty hunters. And as a reward, Jabba allows that hired bounty hunter to wear Boba's armor and take on the name Boba Fett. Or perhaps the real Boba Fett becomes so legendary of a bounty hunter that it becomes a known policy established by Boba himself that "whoever kills me shall be worthy of my armor and my identity".

Reaction score
It's not odd/bad at all. Frankly, I'm getting sick of seeing him. He's gone from being a mysterious and intriguing character to the Kim Kardashian of the Star Wars universe.
LOL. I was going to call him the Wolverine of Star Wars, but that works too.

Reaction score
I had heard a rumor way back in 2012 that Disney wanted to do something clever with Boba. The idea was that some time between Eps 3 and 4, Boba gets killed, and his killer takes his identity and uses Fett's already established infamy to make money. In other words, the Fett that catches Han is NOT the Jango clone we know from the PT. This pretender would remain nameless, and we would never learn anything about his origin. They could use a voice changer to explain Temura Morrison's voice in the OT.