Boba Fett - Animated Debut - #24

Reaction score
Vader_The_Pimp said:
Mind explaining to me why I've seen countless cases of Wave 4 at local stores and not one McVader?
The predominate case revision that is hitting across the country is revision 4. Almost all finds over the last few weeks have been of this case. Seeing that this revision doesn't contain CZ-4 or the McQuarrie Vader, you're probably not going to see many of them on the pegs.

Reaction score
Neal said:
Vader_The_Pimp said:
Mind explaining to me why I've seen countless cases of Wave 4 at local stores and not one McVader?
The predominate case revision that is hitting across the country is revision 4. Almost all finds over the last few weeks have been of this case. Seeing that this revision doesn't contain CZ-4 or the McQuarrie Vader, you're probably not going to see many of them on the pegs.
Right now, the only retailer that's getting a different revision case is KB. The other revisions will hit everywhere eventually. If not, that means Hasbro made less UGH's of the other nine, which I doubt.

Reaction score
I just picked up the VOTC fett and the animated fett and the animated one is my favorite but the VOTC fett is close.

Reaction score
Got the UGH version in the mail today and i almost forgot to check him out so excited i was about getting my first gold coins

I must say the deco looks much better in person, or, at least, i like this figure more than i expected.

Reaction score
General_Koon15 said:
Sol said:
General_Koon15 said:
Looks like I need to check out Wal-Mart!
Or KB Toys.

General_Koon15 said:
I saw a McVader the other day...Which is rarer?
The 3PO with battle droid head is rarer than both of these put together.

Really?I didn't know that anyone wanted that figure.
Well I guess you learn something new everyday.
WHOA 3PO fIGURE?! HOLY HAXXZ00RRZ HTATS AAWEsome!!!11!11!!1!

Sigh, the fact that the Saga ones pegwarm with the SL ones is SAD...

For me, Boba and McVader are both rare, as they and ol CZ-4 are the only Wave 4 things I haven't seen anywhere at all. Luckily, I was able to pick up the SL Boba at a Walmart, but after watching the cartoon on Youtube, this one is actually wart of cooler. A lot cooler. Tridents rock. And I don't know how Hasbro did it, but they took the garish cartoon blue/yellow armor color scheme and made it really look sweet.

Reaction score
<font color="blue"> I got this figure last saturday and i'm really like it, I totally would have never picked it up if had been done in a cartoon style. But this is a interesting way of doing it.

I had a hard time deciding where he'd go in my shelves, he doesn't really match themes like movies, or concept figures and what not. Like I freely add and lump together EU and prequel stuff, but I usually can't add in any EU to my Original Trilogy shelves.

But with Fett i really think he goes well with ANH, and i threw him into my mos eisley area. I know Fett's really in the SE and looks different, but for some reason i rationalize this figure as ANH fett, if it had been done back in the day. And time line wise it's close to that.
</font>

Reaction score
Ray you have just answered where to put him, now all I need is the ESB Boba Fett and I am a happy camper.

Reaction score
I was on the fence about getting this figure, but I ended up getting a choice of a regular/UGH version right out of the case at TRU.

The UGH sold me on it. I think the gold packaging/coin actually complement the figure better than the regular version. I don't open 99.5% of my figures, so that detail made a big difference.

Reaction score
I found this guy today. When I saw loose shots of Darth Revan, this guy became my new most wanted figure. He lives up to my expectations. Although I still would've preferred the alternate, animated head (even as an extra accessory), this figure is great!

Reaction score
This is a good figure. I have had one for a couple of weeks now, after getting it from HTS. Though I have to ask, whats with the little deformed right hand.

Oh, thats my strong hand, grab my strong hand.

Reaction score
Blue_Knight said:
Oh, thats my strong hand, grab my strong hand.
lol. Does anybody else have problems with a rubbery handle and a harder barrel on their blaster?

Reaction score
I just got mine last week and i'm enjoying it as well. It is one of my favorite Boba Fett figs.

Reaction score
Now this statement from a story on the front page of RS may have just crashed the Unintentional Comedy Scale:

Some Rebelscum reader said:
This afternoon will see me, the wife, and my new Animation Debut Boba Fett action figure riding the cheese train.

Reaction score
I've watched the cartoon several times and I just now noticed the prong's stock isn't how it should be. Could care less about it now. I love the figure.

Reaction score
This figure has really surprised me in the fact that it has become a pegwarmer here and at most stores online. I guess fans don't care for the color scheme. The spares ones I have in the closet aren't going to be worth what I thought they would someday.

Reaction score
I got two mcvaders and a animated Fett at KB toys today, and they were having a buy three get 4th free sale, so I got the UGH vader. I Don't know if I should open the Debut Fett.

Reaction score
Just because a figure is a pegwarmer doesn't mean it won't be worth anything later... Ephant Mon was a pegwarmer in areas and now is worth a bit on ebay, depending on the bidder's response... only time will tell, it may be that in a few years many people are going to be saying, "Why didn't I buy an extra one of these when I had the chance?" or, " Why did I buy as many of these as I did?"... it is a shot in the dark either way... if all else fails, they will make a good gift for a younger relative down the line...

Reaction score
This is a great figure. I bought two, one to keep carded and one loose. I am glad they made him.

Reaction score
Darth_Drakmor said:
This figure has really surprised me in the fact that it has become a pegwarmer here and at most stores online.
His gold coin version being released concurrently might have something to do with it.

Reaction score
The animated episode in the Holiday Special is one of the funniest and saddest things I've ever seen in my life.

Boba Fett was kinda cool though..

Reaction score
Finally got him! I think this is a very good figure, worth more as an "oh wow - Holiday Special!" item than a new version of Boba Fett. Even so, it's a very good Fett and would even fill in for a random Mandalorian. Very nice.

Reaction score
Finally I have acquired the Animated Fett and as soon as I get Miiyoom Onith (which a friend has for me). I will be caught up through wave 6.

I like this fett not as much as McFett but still a good figure.

CLS

Reaction score
Great looking figure and if we're lucky the big H might make the sea serpent too.

They probably won't but I wish they would!

-cs™

Reaction score
Fett_Freak said:
I only have one Debut Fett, should I open it?
*in best Palpatine impersonation* Do it!

Seriously, it's a neat figure, and it always seems a shame to leave it in the packaging. The only way to fully take advantage of a figure's features is, obviously, to take it out of the packaging.

Reaction score
eh, as a MOC collector.. I actually love how the figure looks carded (plus I like the card art). Bought a second as an opener, though!

Reaction score
Fett_Freak said:
I only have one Debut Fett, should I open it?
if you are on the fence about it, maybe the answer is that you should save the one that you have now to keep in the package, then buy a 2nd one to open.
That way, you can have your cake and eat it too!

There are just some figures that you want to keep carded.

Reaction score
Who else thinks that we should have a figure rating system, so that people who are low on cash like me could have a better idead of what to get.

Reaction score
Fett_Freak said:
Who else thinks that we should have a figure rating system, so that people who are low on cash like me could have a better idead of what to get.
I'm not sure how useful that would really be. People seem to look at different things, so the ratings would devolve into the same old arguments. Take this Boba Fett - I'd rate it pretty low. Looks really cool, but mine has a really loose waist joint. But someone else might not care about waist joints, or may be a carded collector, so they might rate this one high. Whose rating will you trust? I'd say just keep reading the forums and reviews, and decide from there.

Reaction score
Fett_Freak said:
Just buy the figures you want.. This hobby should be about what you like, not what anyone else tells you that you should like or thinks you should get.

Reaction score
I just got animated Fett, and I think he's great. I really like the different color scheme, and, for some reason, I like the new left hand a lot more than the one on VOTC Fett. It's less bulky, I guess. Of course, it's not screen accurate, but it still looks cool.

I noticed that his cape is a little different; the holes have been removed. It still looks cool, though.

Also, mine has a tight waste joint, though his jetpack falls off easily.

Reaction score
I just saw a bunch of these at Target this morning.

I already have my UGH carded and loose versions and I really dig this figure a lot!

Reaction score
Just bought mine today (along with McQ Fett and Darth Revan)-- except I paid about 20$ for him. Should I open him or keep him boxed though? He's so cool looking that I want to just open him....

Reaction score
Keep him boxed, so you can return him for a full refund and get him for $6.64-6.99 at some retail shop or from someone here on the boards

Reaction score
Lol, I see what you mean, but I never saw him once at any retail store in my area. Basically I caved and just bought him from my favorite toy shop here.