Boba Fett - Animated Debut - #24

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread on this so I decided I'd make one. I am actually really excited about this figure, because how often do we get Boba's with drastically different paint schemes? I personally hope they do a new sculpt or use the VOTC mold. I saw a great example of VOTC Holiday Boba custom somewhere, so if you can post some pics
. I am just overwhelmed by the list of figures for next year, and I personally can't wait for this one!!! What do you think this figure will be like, and do you plan to buy it?

Reaction score
Re: Holiday Special Boba Fett!!!

This is cool but what is that weapon he's holding in a pic I saw in another thread? It looks like a giant tuning fork. I don't remember too much about the Holiday Special. Now they need to do a Chewbacca's family in a 4pk; Chewie, Mallatobuk(wife), Attichuk(father), & Lumpy(son).

Reaction score

This is the most exciting fig to me coming up.I hope they don't drop it.

Reaction score

I'm holding off judgment on this one until I see the finished product. It could be super cool.......or super lame!

Reaction score

Will it be in realistic looking form or in cartoon form? I shudder to think the latter if they ever make a Han Solo figure in that form!

But oh the possibilities....a 2-seater Y-wing with detachable cockpit and Imperial hovercruiser!

And note in the cartoon short that Threepio said the talisaman affected humans. Major flub if George were to ever absorb that into maintream SW continuity to say that Boba isn't human. What would the Emperor think now that his troops aren't human.

Reaction score

Similar to the photopost i made, i think. At least THIS time the Boba would look GOOD.

Reaction score

This and the Galactic Marine I can't wait to see. Hopefully they don't do a cartoon version. Boba Fett in the holiday special was the only good point in it.

Reaction score

The Empire's troops were all HUMAN clones to start with, but by the time of Ep.IV, the Jango clones were all dead or very old, due to the accelerated aging process the Kaminoans used. Clones of other humans & conscripted human troops made up the bulk of the Empire's ground forces by the time of ANH.

Reaction score

I hope this means more Holiday Special figures. Bea, Itchy, Malla, Lumpy, think of the possiblities. But if Lucasfilm has to approve of a new figure and all, how did this get past the drawing board?

Reaction score

I don't think George will ever touch the live-action portion of that special. Fett has a major fan following, so this is probably the extent he'll go in immortalizing the Holiday Special.

Reaction score

I wonder if the Holiday Edition Fett will be sculpted to look "realistic" like traditional 3 3/4" figs or if it will be designed to look like the drawing as with the animated series figures.

Like this: Durge

or like this: Durge

Reaction score

Darth_Tedious said:
I wonder if the Holiday Edition Fett will be sculpted to look "realistic" like traditional 3 3/4" figs or if it will be designed to look like the drawing as with the animated series figures.

Like this: Durge

or like this: Durge
Considering that Hasbro has said many times in their Q&A's lately that there are no plans to make anymore animated looking figures only realistic. I severely doubt that this will be in an animated style. Most likely this will just be a repaint with new accessories.

Reaction score

Maybe it will look kind of like Owen D's version on the right side of this pic -

Reaction score

DarthKoon said:
I hope this means more Holiday Special figures. Bea, Itchy, Malla, Lumpy, think of the possiblities. But if Lucasfilm has to approve of a new figure and all, how did this get past the drawing board?
why in the world would you want that?

Reaction score

CHEWIE said:
Maybe it will look kind of like Owen D's version on the right side of this pic -

nice--I'd prefer the one on the left--the white one

Reaction score

A new mold would be great, but I'll be happy with a repaint.

Reaction score

SnTrooper said:
Darth_Tedious said:
Considering that Hasbro has said many times in their Q&A's lately that there are no plans to make anymore animated looking figures only realistic. I severely doubt that this will be in an animated style. Most likely this will just be a repaint with new accessories.
That's great to hear! I missed that nit of info. Thanks for passing it along.

Reaction score

At last! Hasbro and Lucas are admitting the Holiday Special exists!
Now bring on my Bea Arthur/Art Carne two-pack.

Reaction score

jedicat said:
At last! Hasbro and Lucas are admitting the Holiday Special exists!...
Kind of strange that Lucas would accept this figure be made by Hasbro when we now is inconditional love for the "Holyday Special"

Reaction score

jedicat said:
Now bring on my Bea Arthur/Art Carne two-pack.
Dude I want that set.....I would so rock Bea as a Jedi for the best Custom Ever this year.

Reaction score

Should be interesting to see how this pans out!!!!

Reaction score

GeonosisMarcus said:
Any clue on if it's an exclusive?
I'd assume it's not since it's in with the basic figures, and a part of a wave.

Reaction score

This is pretty cool. I'm glad they decided to make this figure. I'm still disappointed with the Saga06 Fett so hopefully this one turns out good.

Reaction score

TrooperJake said:
This is pretty cool. I'm glad they decided to make this figure. I'm still disappointed with the Saga06 Fett so hopefully this one turns out good.
Would really suck if they used that figure as the basis for this one and just repainted it, huh?

Reaction score

I hope he comes with that blaster pistol above! Reminds me of this one, apparently made for ESB but never seen on film (not sure of the actual source of the photo, but it's on Wookieepedia): Fett's blaster pistol

We got his concussion grenade launcher with the 300th Fett; how about a regular sidearm to make the armory complete?

Owen's white Fett is, I think, intened to be the Concept Fett, albeit a basic repaint as opposed to a new sculpt. Someone in the Customizing section was in the process of sculpting their own Fett based on the concept turnaround painting! Articulated & everything! Looked amazing.

EDIT: found it, hasn't been updated in awhile, but you can see he had the elements for lots of joints laid out: "Super Trooper" Fett

Sev

Reaction score

This would be neat but the whole cartoon is a disgrace. lol

Reaction score

True... but it's still the only worthwhile part of the Holiday Special

besides the 1978 commercials on most/all of the bootlegs, of course.

Reaction score

Wouldn't it be cool if he was packaged on a vintage DROIDS style card?