Boba Fett - #06

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,437
Reaction score
109
Location
Australia
According to the Flyguy website we will be seeing a basic release of Boba Fett which will be released in either wave 2 or 3 of the 6" Black Series. It's not a site I'm aware of so take it as a grain of salt though seeing Boba pop up again is a no brainer really.

Here's the details:

Star Wars Boba Fett 6" Action Figure UPC:653569897811



If Boba Fett figure is coming, what does everyone want to see with this release? Same stuff minus the Carbonite block for the general release?
 
Last edited:

Daigo_Bah

Moderator
Joined
Jul 14, 2000
Messages
8,309
Reaction score
161
I really hope they don't go with ROTJ colors to differentiate more from the SDCC version...
 
Joined
Apr 11, 2002
Messages
18,036
Reaction score
212
Location
Germany
I really hope they don't go with ROTJ colors to differentiate more from the SDCC version...

I agree. I think the ESB Fett is the classic one and since he's an exclusive at SDCC with the carbonite block, it would be nice to at least get him in that same form in the regular line.

Also, I'd hate to see a slot taken up by him early next year to just basically give us the same figure in his ESB colors.
 
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
6,668
Reaction score
0
Location
Sydney AUS
They'd have to sculpt different gauntlet & belt details for ROTJ Boba, so I wonder if they could be bothered with that.

A straight re-release is the most likely outcome.
 
Joined
Aug 10, 2007
Messages
8,678
Reaction score
0
Location
Seattle, WA
They'd have to sculpt different gauntlet & belt details for ROTJ Boba, so I wonder if they could be bothered with that.

A straight re-release is the most likely outcome.
Maybe even a more weathered and accurate paint deco version of the ESB screen costume?
 
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
6,668
Reaction score
0
Location
Sydney AUS
Maybe even a more weathered and accurate paint deco version of the ESB screen costume?
That'd be great.

It was difficult to pack all that detail previously into the 4" versions - although credit to them, they did good for the most part regardless.

The beauty about this scale, is that the details can be more faithfully copied this time around.

I'm just thinking about how nice an ESB Yoda in the 6" scale could be.. :)
 
Joined
Aug 10, 2007
Messages
8,678
Reaction score
0
Location
Seattle, WA
Yep I agree with ya man I'd be all over that. I just don't get why a company would make Boba an exclusive. I hate buying stuff like this on the secondary market.
I'm very confident that within a few years, the only exclusive about the SDCC will be the packaging and the specific deco. I'm certain Slab Solo will make it out somewhere eventually... hopefully with a rehydrated Han.
 

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,437
Reaction score
109
Location
Australia
Yep I agree with ya man I'd be all over that. I just don't get why a company would make Boba an exclusive. I hate buying stuff like this on the secondary market.
Maybe to draw up some interest in the line as it's a character people love to buy, the detail on the figure appears top notch and a good way to show it all off. Just be glad Hasbro is releasing the figure to the general public as well.
 
Joined
Apr 24, 2007
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Location
Nashville, TN, USA
I'm glad you are now aware of and hope you double your efforts to be more aware : ) We don't stock salt, but UPC's have been verified at Targets and in Asia pacific retailers systems. So SDCC announcement blown it seems. We don't list these things often but when our source give us them, they are normally on the money. If it all goes **** up and false somehow then it's only us that look like idiots.
 
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
30
The basic release will be Boba Fett in his Return of the Jedi armor, mark my words. Which anyone who knows anything about Fett knows is very different.
 
Joined
Feb 11, 2013
Messages
1,617
Reaction score
1
Location
Astoria, Oregon
The basic release will be Boba Fett in his Return of the Jedi armor, mark my words. Which anyone who knows anything about Fett knows is very different.
Is this info that you actually know? "Mark my words" sounds pretty definitive. Maybe you could share where you found that out?
 
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
30
Just mark 'em is all. Nothing more, and tbh I don't think anyone who had inside information would so readily give up their source, ya know?

From a logical standpoint this would have to be ROTJ Boba Fett. It wouldn't make sense to single pack an exclusive figure immediately. And I know that the main draw here is not the Carbonite slab... it's Fett himself. The only thing I'm a bit nervous about is whether or not they include the modified EE3 from ROTJ. They tend to stick to the ESB rifle regardless of the version.
 
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
30
^It isn't. That would be cool though.

I wouldn't mind if they w***** this sculpt out. At least the parts they could actually reuse. They're going to need new gauntlets, an entirely new paint scheme, a new belt, and a new rifle but they're doing an ROTJ Boba Fett.
 
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
30
You could say the same about Slave Leia. And yeah for the time being I'd bet the only way to get ESB Boba Fett is through SDCC.
 
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
504
Reaction score
57
Anytime someone has inside info but no proof, it reminds me of when POTF first hit back in 95....

Way back when the POTF Boba Fett came out some guy on the AOL message boards claimed to have it and everyone freaked out and called the guy a liar and refused to stop until he either provided proof or the figure showed up in stores.

Man, I can't believe how long it's been since then.....and we are still arguing over the same stuff!
 
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
30
^Um, wut. You said ESB Boba Fett would go with Bespin Luke. I meant that you could say the same about ROTJ Boba Fett and Slave Leia. There's no such thing as ESB Slave Leia...

Anyways.... who said I had inside info? I'm just 100% confident that its ROTJ Fett. Actually make that an impossible 101%.
 
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
11,008
Reaction score
148
Location
Hillsboro, IL, USA
^Um, wut. You said ESB Boba Fett would go with Bespin Luke. I meant that you could say the same about ROTJ Boba Fett and Slave Leia. There's no such thing as ESB Slave Leia...

Anyways.... who said I had inside info? I'm just 100% confident that its ROTJ Fett. Actually make that an impossible 101%.
Obviously there is no such thing as an ESB Slave Leia, that's why your comment was so perplexing. Slave Leia and Boba Fett never interact in ROTJ. However, Luke and Boba do interact in ESB.

You still haven't explained why you are so confident in this idea that it will be an ROTJ Boba Fett when you have no solid information. What we do know is that Hasbro has an ESB Boba Fett sculpt they are going to want to reuse as soon as possible. So I feel that we're at about 70/30 in which version it will be. 70% chance it will be ESB Fett and 30% chance it will be ROTJ Fett. I'm just guessing as well, but I simply see no logic behind you being "101%" sure that it will be ROTJ Fett. Are you just hoping to get lucky and guess right so you can pretend to be some kind of Star Wars toy prophet? :p
 
Joined
Jul 18, 2003
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
0
Obviously there is no such thing as an ESB Slave Leia, that's why your comment was so perplexing. Slave Leia and Boba Fett never interact in ROTJ. However, Luke and Boba do interact in ESB.

You still haven't explained why you are so confident in this idea that it will be an ROTJ Boba Fett when you have no solid information. What we do know is that Hasbro has an ESB Boba Fett sculpt they are going to want to reuse as soon as possible. So I feel that we're at about 70/30 in which version it will be. 70% chance it will be ESB Fett and 30% chance it will be ROTJ Fett. I'm just guessing as well, but I simply see no logic behind you being "101%" sure that it will be ROTJ Fett. Are you just hoping to get lucky and guess right so you can pretend to be some kind of Star Wars toy prophet? :p
Yes I think he is.
 
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
30
Why would I be interested in something so petty? Really that sort of lifelessness could only be attributed to a more frequent poster (which I haven't been for years). Toy prophet indeed...

Anyways, repackaging ESB Fett so soon after the convention makes no sense whatsoever. That mold can be largely reused without pissing the people who went out of their way to nab the exclusive off.

Yeah its Return of the Jedi Boba Fett. I'd bet the house on it.
 
Joined
Feb 11, 2013
Messages
1,617
Reaction score
1
Location
Astoria, Oregon
That mold can be largely reused without pissing the people who went out of their way to nab the exclusive off.

Yeah its Return of the Jedi Boba Fett. I'd bet the house on it.
Pissing people off? I think most people are going into it thinking that the exclusive is the han in carbonite and knowing full well that the boba will be re-released, just without the shiny packaging and the block.

That seems to be pretty standard with quite a few SDCC exclusives...that they are re-released later with minor variations (especially when we are talking about such a popular character like Boba).
 
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
11,008
Reaction score
148
Location
Hillsboro, IL, USA
Pissing people off? I think most people are going into it thinking that the exclusive is the han in carbonite and knowing full well that the boba will be re-released, just without the shiny packaging and the block.

That seems to be pretty standard with quite a few SDCC exclusives...that they are re-released later with minor variations (especially when we are talking about such a popular character like Boba).
Yep, that's been the pattern. In 2011 we got the "Revenge of the Jedi" figures and the only part of the SDCC exclusive that wasn't rereleased in stores was the carded Salacious Crumb and Mouse Droid. Then last year we got the "Lost Line - Carbonite Chamber" thing and again only the Jar Jar in Carbonite didn't make it into stores. Everything else was rereleased at retail with no changes whatsoever.

I believe the SDCC exclusive part of the Boba Fett set is going to be the Han in Carbonite. I fully expect to see that 6" Boba Fett rereleased at retail with little to no changes.
 
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
30
You're welcome to expect anything you want. And I also expect ESB Fett to be released eventually at retail. But not in Wave 2 or 3. And yes... pissing people off. Of all the fandoms I've been a part of, Star Wars has the fussiest, most belligerant fans. I'm not really sure why this is such a mysterious concept. Heck, the very existence of this line (hilariously) angers people. People who pay way over retail for this exclusive aren't just doing it for the slab. Its geared fully toward collectors, many of whom are gonna be shelling out for this set.

This is an entirely different ball game than the 3 3/4 line, so don't get the two lines confused.
 
Joined
Jan 17, 2009
Messages
6,638
Reaction score
45
The exclusivity of the Comic-Con ESB Fett is Han in Carbonite, the box, and early access to ESB Boba Fett figure.
 
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
30
I suppose you'll see.

When I peered into my crystal ball I saw the ROTJ Boba Fett basic release. It also came to me in a dream. And the Oracle at Delphi mentioned something in passing. I am a toy prophet. That's one step about "Basement Dwelling Manchild" on the Nerdometer. Score!

Regardless of who it is, I've got a guy who can score me a couple SDCC exclusives, so it matters not.
 
Joined
Apr 18, 2013
Messages
303
Reaction score
0
I think that given time (if the line lasts... :p ) BOTH versions of Boba Fett will be released. Along with 5 different Hans, 5 different Lukes.... etc etc.... :p
 
Joined
Feb 6, 2013
Messages
152
Reaction score
0
Realistically, why would they make it a Jedi Boba just so the few people with the exclusive could have it as a variant? This would be in the main line, so it would probably be the ESB Fett. It's not like they have to make it a Jedi figure to keep Slave Leia company. They obviously aren't focused on releasing an equal number of figures from each film. Much as I'd prefer that approach for the sake of display. Going to have to wait till they give in and make a fifth wave for that to happen.
 
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
30
You don't seriously believe that just a few people are going to buy this, do you? He's going to sell out. There's no doubt in my mind about that. He's one of the franchise's most popular characters, and people are going to pay out the nose for this exclusive.

Return of the Jedi Boba Fett is more likely as a normal release because it's arguably his more popular look. Not my favorite, but I'm getting both so it doesn't matter. And as I said, its a minor retool/repaint. I think people are really banking on the possibility of a basic release for ESB Fett so they don't have to pay the higher prices the scalpers are gonna smack them with.

While you guys are still stuck on "Which Boba will it be??" I've already moved on to "Will they get the rifle right? Will the left gauntlet be too clunky?" Etc
 
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
11,008
Reaction score
148
Location
Hillsboro, IL, USA
You don't seriously believe that just a few people are going to buy this, do you? He's going to sell out. There's no doubt in my mind about that. He's one of the franchise's most popular characters, and people are going to pay out the nose for this exclusive.
Of course it's going to sell out, but the quantities of Boba Fett that they sell at SDCC are going to be just a tiny fraction of the numbers that they would sell releasing the exact same figure at retail. Remember SDCC is just one event in one geographic location that lasts only a few days. Retail releases have to fulfill the orders for thousands of Walmarts, Targets and hundreds of TRUs across the US alone and that's not even including the smaller retailers, online stores, and non-US retailers. Plus, not only do they need to produce enough to satisfy all of those stores, they need to be able to restock those same toys as they sell. So, even if SDCC sells out and they turn around rerelease the toy at retail, they are still going to sell 1000-times more figures simply because a single comic book convention could never compete with the worldwide retail footprint.
 
Joined
Jan 8, 2006
Messages
3,785
Reaction score
244
Unfortunately, none of this discussion helps me feel better about possibly missing out on this one, because I want the Carbonite block as badly as the Fett :).
 
Top