Bob Martinazzi

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
The vintage hobby lost a good one today with the passing of Bob Martinazzi. He was a well liked Luke Jedi collector and R2 builder from Maryland. Collectors on Facebook today have been changing their profile pics to Luke Jedi images in his honor and have posted countless memories of him. I knew him for only a few short years but got to like him a lot in that short time. The world is a lesser place today with him not here.

Mike

Great guy and hobbyist. Very sad to hear of his passing.

Did he have an account here at RS?

I feel like I have missed out on someone I didn't know.

Always sad to lose a member of the hobby, regardless.

Ian

Bob was a friend, a fellow Vintage Snob, one of the main reasons I joined DCSWCC and one of the nicest guys one would EVER have the pleasure of meeting. Personally, I am still wrapping my head around no longer seeing him, sharing a laugh with him, arguing hockey teams with him or simply talking about life. His loss on the hobby is great, but the loss of a TRUE friend is even greater.

While I didn't know Bob all that well, I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with him at Celebration and another private collector gathering. He was a warm, friendly guy and immediately approachable.

Gone too soon....

Bob was a friend, a fellow Vintage Snob, one of the main reasons I joined DCSWCC and one of the nicest guys one would EVER have the pleasure of meeting. Personally, I am still wrapping my head around no longer seeing him, sharing a laugh with him, arguing hockey teams with him or simply talking about life. His loss on the hobby is great, but the loss of a TRUE friend is even greater.

Jason - Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

My condolences to Bob's family and friends.

Did he have an account here at RS?

I feel like I have missed out on someone I didn't know.

Always sad to lose a member of the hobby, regardless.

Ian

Hey Ian, he did have a long standing account here, but didn't post a ton.

gizmo91 profile

I'll echo what I posted on the Jedi FB group this morning. Like Jason, the loss of a true friend is even greater than the loss is to the hobby.

I met Bob in person the first time at Celebration 5 in Orlando almost 8 years ago and those that knew him, will attest he is the friendliest, happiest, most welcoming guy you will ever have met. Because of that, I felt like we had known each other our whole lives. Every subsequent Celebration was the same and seeking each other out once we rolled in to the venue to catch up. He'd also load me up with his latest SWAG for the event and would make a special small run for close friends. He always went the extra mile.

I didn't know it at the time, but our last time to meet up in person would be at the DC ICE event. That event will always be special as I know he made sure I got an invite to be there and it culminated with us being interviewed for the Luke Jedi episode of The Chivecast.
Bob will be missed and there will be a huge hole for me at any future Celebrations I attend with him not being there.
Here's a photo of us at CV, a photo of our interview, and some I took of items in his collection.

Chive Cast 76: Ceremonial Luke Jedi

Bob was the reason I joined DCSWCC. He was a very welcoming guy and remembered my name when I came back to another meet up a few months later. A bunch of members from the club went to see TLJ on opening night and I think he was there. I feel like we sat at opposite ends of the row so I didn't get to talk to him and ask how he felt about how Jedi Luke turned out. Very sad.

As Mike mentioned he was an R2 builder and probably his best story was the time he and his remote control R2 were invited to the Whitehouse for a private screening of Episode 7 for the children of Gold Star Families. Here's Bob's r2 at a whitehouse press conference before the screening. R2 is playing Hail to the Chief https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Ih6s2CnHY and playing music for the Obamas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpeE5WyfiGw

I encourage everyone to checkout Bob's website where he shows off his awesome collection. http://lukejedi.info/

Last edited:
Bob was a great guy. We became friends while at a celebration years ago. He was a DC member and I am a PSWCS club member. our booths were often next to each other or very close. We'd chat and began our friendship. He was unbelievably generous, kind, and great guy. Not a bad bone in his body. He always thought about others. He would send me little things that the DC club made that had chewbacca on it for my chewbacca collection.

I was able to see Bobs collection just over a year ago. Im really sad to have heard about this.
..take a minute and think about your fellow collectors and be appreciative of them.

As Mike mentioned he was an R2 builder and probably his best story was the time he and his remote control R2 were invited to the Whitehouse for a private screening of Episode 7 for the children of Gold Star Families. Here's Bob's r2 at a whitehouse press conference before the screening. R2 is playing Hail to the Chief https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Ih6s2CnHY and playing music for the Obamas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpeE5WyfiGw

So cool. Thank you for sharing.

I sold some Luke Jedi stuff to him several years ago. Great hobbyist + great guy. Very sad to hear about this. I hope his force ghost is still watching over us.

Phil

Last edited:
Very sad to lose Bob. He was one of the nicest guys I have met in the hobby. I loved chatting about Luke Jedi and ROTJ 2 Packs with him over the years. He will be missed. :(

Back