Blue snaggletooth stock going down ?? ?

Reaction score
What's up with blue snaggletooth prices dropping. Great for those who don't have one. I paid a little less than 150 for mine. Now they are sitting around 200 or just above. The graded ones are just sitting there.

Is blue snaggletooth played out? Yeah, I know he was an ignored figure when we were kids, but the collectors covet them.

If the prices drop anymore I may go after a couple just to hold on to.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Because for 65 you can buy a repro one in better shape. Some people are willing to settle for thst instead. I can't afford 400, but am waiting it out.

Reaction score
Guilty! I just wanted something for display on my wall and these do nicely. Blasphemy for some, I know. However, I don't have too strong of an opinion on it, since I never had or played with these two figures as a kid. Didn't even learn of them until I had grown out of Star Wars (were never on any cardback I got as a kid). Nice to have, but no nostalgia value / memories for me to really need the real thing.

Reaction score
Blue snaggletooth wasn't on a card, was he? I thought it was just baggies in the sears set.

Still looks cool though.

Yak is out of control for pricing , blue snaggletooth however is declining in price. I just watched one go under 150. And another for 180.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Give Hasbro some time, and you might be able to pick one up for $10, on a legit Kenner cardback. If some vintage collectors are fine with paying $65 for a repro, they'll love paying $10 for a reissue. The originals will retain value, it will just be a bit closer to reasonable once the market fully corrects itself.

Reaction score
The Smith Lord Creation figures won't affect the price of vintage. They are for collector's who were never in the marker for these figures either because they were not willing or not able to pay $200 for a figure.
Those that want and can pay for vintage won't be paying £40 for a repo.

Reaction score
Give Hasbro some time, and you might be able to pick one up for $10, on a legit Kenner cardback. If some vintage collectors are fine with paying $65 for a repro, they'll love paying $10 for a reissue. The originals will retain value, it will just be a bit closer to reasonable once the market fully corrects itself.
This is why I’m waiting until the ST ends and I’ll purchase some of the highe end figures like Luke and Leia.

Reaction score
Im not seeing this. I just tracked a minty one that sold at auction sunday night for $385. No more down than the market as a whole.

Reaction score
I just watched 2 go for under 200. 1 @ 150, the other @180.

The 150 price was a nice one, the 180 was a little better. Both had the typical paint loss on the boots and both had nice color, Both ended on Sunday

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've sold a few this summer. I had to practically give them away. One I thought was about $350 I sold for $250 another one I sold for $200 that would have been an easy $275 in the Spring. Needed the cash to help pay for another item otherwise I would have held onto them longer. Summer is always a down time.

Reaction score
Blue Snaggletooth was always way overvalued and overhyped. In the grand scheme of things it is a common figure, as at any time one is up on ebay for sale. It's a figure that has never interested me in the slightest, maybe because it was a error.

Reaction score
If you guys heard what I paid for this a few years ago, you'd faint. The blue Snag alone cost me $20

Reaction score
I know there have been various reproductions of rare figures in the past. But it is just recently that we've seen them with the same level of quality as an original. I don't know how they'll affect the market.

I also collect Transformers. Transformers have had high quality knock offs for a while. I can say that anytime a vintage Transformer gets a high quality knockoff, the original goes down in value.

Reaction score
Well one over weekend a very minty one at ebay auction went for $606. Edit: it did have the baggy included- I guess that may account for it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The prices are going back up

but it they most certainly went down for a little while

Reaction score
On the Star Wars Tracker App

No Dent Toe is going for $272.72 (Average and condition all over the board)
Dent Toe is going for $273.87 (Average and condition all over the board)

Reaction score
I sense all of Star Wars will start to go down. I had no interest in watching that last trailer when it was on tv or watching it a second time after I finally watched it 2 hours later. Even buying tickets I felt like I was just buying them for old times sake.

Reaction score
Prices are down on vintage Star Wars across the board. Stuff on eBay and FB is just sitting there, at prices lower than the stuff was selling for a year or two ago. Looks like the market may have hit the bubble and is starting to correct itself.

Reaction score
I was always surprised at how many blue snags were on eBay from when I started going on the website in 1996. Sometimes there are more blues than reds. But he was always a $200+ figure while figured like Yak Face hardly showed up in quantity. And don’t get me started on Sise Fromm. If he was as popular as blue snag, he’d be worth $800 easy

Reaction score
I decided to send mine in to AFA for kicks and giggles considering what looks like a drop in its price and it scored an 85.

Think I'll keep it!