Blu Ray Reviews...

Reaction score
Anyone like to offer their opinion on the recent Blu Ray release?
Wife said she would be purchasing it for me for Christmas so would like to hear what people think.

Reaction score
I was going to be one of "those people" and hold off until a better version was released, but caved and got the saga at Target. I love it. The OT deleted scenes are quite amazing and the only flaw I've seen is the somewhat outdated CGI in Phantom Menace for the digital characters. Still, the movie looks beautiful.

Reaction score
I love the sound additions to the pre-trilogy. The Anakin's Dream is so much more powerful. I think what was done to the pre-trilogy is amazing, good job.
I am however really disappointed with the Original Trilogy. I like the little added parts to the scenes (R2 when hiding from the Tuskens). I HATE the new Obi-Wan yell at the Tuskens. I do not like the new scream for the Wampa. I like the Dug in Jabba's Palace. I HATE the fact that they did not go back and fix the lightsabers or give any expressions to the faces in the Cantina or Jabba's palace. If they could do it for the Ewoks why not the rest of the characters that needed it. Some of the other fixes are good. I have to say I like Vader's new "No...NOOOOO!" when he picks up the Emperor. I guess I was expecting way to much to be added or fixed for the BluRay release. Buy those might be corrected when the new 3D versions are released since it has already been said some stuff was changed or fixed for the 3D format.

Reaction score
We've watched Ep I and II so far, so I haven't got to experience many of the changes. I would say the colors are far more briliant and I just get a much better feeling of depth in certain shots. For example... when Jar Jar is bumbling around in Watto's shop. The better picture just makes the CGI all the more believable. Hard to explain.

Reaction score
Finished AOTC and ROTS yesterday. ROTS is the best transfer of the three, but AOTC is pretty stunning. The picture quality is good enough that you can see every grain of the rough and irritating sand. I hear it gets everywhere.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am very excited to see it but I know my wife wants to buy it for me for Christmas so I'll have to wait. Bonus though, she will also have to purchase a Blu Ray player for me to watch it on!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finished AOTC and ROTS yesterday. ROTS is the best transfer of the three, but AOTC is pretty stunning. The picture quality is good enough that you can see every grain of the rough and irritating sand. I hear it gets everywhere.
No sh)t.....I watched one scene of tattoine, and woke up with it in every crevas! =)

Reaction score
Pretty awesome! Yeh the obi wan thing a little goofy, however the one from updated wasn't that great to begin with.. Extras are pretty sweet. Good to have behind the scenes thoughts and ideas!