Black Series Titaniums

Reaction score
Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany
Looks like its officially Titanium again. I'm really excited but very skeptical. Titanium is my all time favorite SW line outside of the 3.75 figures. I REALLY REALLY hope its not just a bunch of repacks or the line will be instantly dead. I think the line will be strong as long as they get some new stuff out. I don't mind the occasional repack, but all repacks is a bad idea. Here's hoping the get a few they missed the first time around like Home One and some of the later Clone Wars stuff.

Reaction score
Titanium Black Series = Titanium Ultra? Considering the prices for some of the Action Fleet ships, like the Republic assault Ship, I'd love to see a line re-releasing some of these (note: some) with all new casts too *starts imagining an Action Fleet Ep2 Jedi Starfighter being released*

Reaction score
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Hot Wheels is doing a line that is Action Fleet scale but the a really expensive, like $75 per ship, and the quality is not as good as the old titanium ultras. My guess is people will skip the hot wheels line because the quality isn't that great compared to the titanium line, then they'll skip the titanium line because its too dang expensive. Titaniums were up around $10 when the line died last time which is double what the Hot Wheels are now and those are already pegwarming. Both lines will flop and we'll be back where we started. I really hope I'm wrong, but I've turned into a really cynical collector lately.

Reaction score
The pricepoint ($4.99) is good, but all I'm seeing are repacks / repaints - hope they have something interesting planned. I also wonder how this line will impact the new HW lines - will there be competition on the pegs for the same vehicles / ships at the same time?!

Reaction score
I was going to ask the US guys if $5 was good, I think I was paying about AUD$15 last time for Titaniums, so maybe Hasbro got the message. I share the concerns about the repacks, and that everything is OT - no love for the PT, Clone Wars etc it seems.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm hoping we get some new stuff, especially some stuff they missed from Clone Wars. With any luck they will re-release some the rarities from the first Titanium line (Rogue Shadow, Mon Cal Cruiser).

Reaction score
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Hot Wheels is doing a line that is Action Fleet scale but the a really expensive, like $75 per ship, and the quality is not as good as the old titanium ultras.
Whaaa...? Source? The one at Celebration Anaheim did look pretty nice. Anything above $15 would be outrageous, though.

I just which we wouldn't get the same old rinse and repeat of the same six or seven vehicles all the time in every format. And why is it that they ALWAYS release Vader's TIE before a regular TIE Fighter?

Reaction score
Thanks :) they seem to have better paint jobs than Titaniums used to

Reaction score
I'm not overly impressed, to be honest. Still, I'll pick up the Millennium Falcon if they release one.

Reaction score
I think it's a given that this line will heavily draw upon existing tooling from the past Titanium series to begin with, but as soon as the embargo on TFA ships lifts we should see the pendulum swing the other way. It makes sense that they would want the big, easily recognisable ships of the OT available to tempt new collectors and kids, even if they are mind-numbingly dull to those of us who have already bought them many times over, but newness should be just around the corner. :D Here's hoping that once we settle into mixed waves of new and old trilogy subjects they don't drown it with repacks.

Reaction score
They could even, if feeling adventurous, do something like a new version of the Executor like they did with the X-wing. Make it more detailed, get rid of the little ISD feature etc. Would work for TFA as well since there's a crashed SSD in the film.

Reaction score
Those titanium ships look nice. Seeing that I never bought any of these in the past, since I would only by micro sized ships. I think these will be the first of my diecaste collection.:rolleyes:

Reaction score
It makes sense that they would want the big, easily recognisable ships of the OT available to tempt new collectors
yo

so wait, are these any different from the previous Titanium ships? I'm still not sure from the comments. If the paint jobs are indeed better, I'm hoping they stay that way en route to the final product.

Reaction score
yo

so wait, are these any different from the previous Titanium ships? I'm still not sure from the comments. If the paint jobs are indeed better, I'm hoping they stay that way en route to the final product.
From what I can tell, its repacks on new stands. Hopefully they aren't straight repacks when the final product comes out, but I'm not going to count on it. This is Hasbro after all.

Reaction score
Hopefully new collectors / kids pick up the repacks, because I'm not buying any - I hope they don't bog down distribution if they warm the pegs. I think they should start the first wave with half TFA and half OT / Rebels and then mix it up from there.

Reaction score
Titanium Series

really looking forward to see what Hasbro pumps out in Titanium Series and Micro Machine for TFA, still hoping to get some of the prequel stuff that has yet to be made.

Reaction score
Oh my, those are seriously ****. I hate it that the Star Destroyer looks like the screw holes are jutting out from the bottom though. But still......NEW TITANIUMS!!!!!

Reaction score
OK, the censored word was meant to be a good thing....aka, I like the new titaniums.

Reaction score
Awesome, some definite buys for me! Now let's not screw this up again people, buy the hell out of them to keep it going!

Reaction score
I'm really digging that TIE Fighter. The Falcon is a must, definitely.

I'm not even done with my original collection yet. This is torture.

Reaction score
They look great! Like unreality though I'm a bit concerned about those screw holes on the Star Destroyer. Still, lets wait until we can see it in more detail.

Reaction score
I'm really liking the new X-wing - the detail is great. Its going to be tough deciding what all to buy, with MM, Titanium, and HW all likely producing the same ships / vehicles! o-o

Reaction score
They look great! Like unreality though I'm a bit concerned about those screw holes on the Star Destroyer. Still, lets wait until we can see it in more detail.
Yeah, I'm a bit worried about those screws too. I might hold off on picking up the SD, initially at least, pending what other licensees or ranges offer in the coming weeks and months. I suspect we'll see plenty of models of this ship across the various licensees. I'd quite like one in the 3 to 4" range so go with my Wizards of the Coast Imperial SD, and I suspect patience will reward me on this one.

Reaction score
My biggest worry is that with Titanium, Micro, and Hot Wheels all out at the same time, producing the same things, they're splitting their buyers between the three and none of the lines will do well enough to survive.

That said, I'm all in for Titanium and Micro Machines. I have every titanium released and I'm super excited to see more. I will probably even by the repacks like the y-wing just to support the line and for the sake of matching stands. Micro Machines brought me back into SW after the dark times so I'm definitely all in for those too. If one line survives though I hope its Titanium. I don't really care what happens to Hot Wheels. I bought the HW y-wing because I buy all y-wings but overall I like them so much less than titanium I can't justify the space they'll take up.

Reaction score
I will hold off on the MM because I dont think those will sell out right away. Definitely the Titaniums of the new ships since I have a large collection. I will probably pass on the Hot Wheels, unless there are unique ships not in the Titanium line. Hopefully your stores allow you to return toys in 90 days if you're undecided.