Black Series Force FX Darth Sidious Lightsaber

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this. Just posted to say I got this yesterday and it's gorgeous. I've been wanting this lightsaber for years and never thought it was going to happen.

Another one off my list. Maybe some day they'll make a Qui Gon.

Reaction score
Sweet, do you have any in hand pics? I'm on the fence with getting back into life size props, I don't have the room and it becomes an expensive obsession.

Reaction score
It’s ridiculously huge, about 3x thicker and almost double the height of the real prop. I mean it’s comical how big it is, bigger than Vader’s. A friend had one and sent me comparison pics of it and his MR. He returned it.

Reaction score
Yup! Saw the video. The size compared to the MR LE (which is the size of the actual prop) is huge. LOL. Its like the first Anakin FX vs MR LE Anakin all over again.

Reaction score
Yup! Saw the video. The size compared to the MR LE (which is the size of the actual prop) is huge. LOL. Its like the first Anakin FX vs MR LE Anakin all over again.
Dr. Bruce Banner & Hulk... Senator Palpatine and Sidious... Sidious SMASH!!

Reaction score
It still uses the same sound font the BS sabers have used since the release of the line in 2015. Im not sure what happened since the removable bladed signature series was doing great with individual font. :/

Reaction score
I think the screen accurate saber is funny looking being so small.

I like how big the elite one is, feels substantial. I have to say this is prob my fav saber.

My only pick is that the copper color of the emitter looks girly and the accurate gold color would have looked much better. I will add this saber (if swung correctly) seems to have a smooth/fast/slow swing sound font.

Anyone have any idea why they would have went with the copper color ?

Reaction score
Also, does anyone know if force fx elite blades work on other force fx elite lightsabers ?

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to measure or know the thread type and size for the battery cover ? The little screw is terrible and looking to replace it with a thumb type screw.

Reaction score
Had a hard time finding the thumb screw but found the size. I did find a screw that was better than the one it came with, even has the same rose color as the hilt screw area.

I was also looking for a case to store my hilt when not displayed. I like cases myself and like how Disney includes them. So I searched for something on Amazon and came up with this case and a first order emblem. Also have on order a name plate for the front and some thick foam blocks for the inside top of the case to keep the hilt from moving.

I had what I think is a great idea. I noticed the packaging the lightsaber came in is molded to the hilt. It’s about the same size as the case but I did have to cut it down. But I didn’t cut up the molded black piece, underneath was a spare clear molded piece exactly like the top but in a smaller piece. Prob to reinforce the packaging so the hilt didn’t get damaged. I used that and although not finished here is what it looks like so far. I also added some black thick rubber feet to the bottom.

I kept the area where the spare emitter goes as the mold was part of it anyway, fit the length of the case and gave me a spot to put it. Going to add 3 self adhesive thick foam bumpers, two over the hilt and one over the emitter on the inside cover.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is my latest lightsaber acquisition. Its an 89sabers MPP with Verso soundboard that can utilized smooth swing and Neopixel. Its the new basic standard board for custom sabers. I know this thread is for a Palpatine lightsaber. But my post is more about the internals and what really is lacking or could be from Hasbro.

With custom boards you can change sound files and setting for different blade effects via a micro SD card. I know some of you are aware but in case some are not.

Hasbro is way behind lightsaber tech especially with the Elite being an improvement over their standard sabers.

I scored this for $385 during Korbanth's black Friday sale.

http://instagr.am/p/CKW0m76gfq4/

Reaction score
This is my latest lightsaber acquisition. Its an 89sabers MPP with Verso soundboard that can utilized smooth swing and Neopixel. Its the new basic standard board for custom sabers. I know this thread is for a Palpatine lightsaber. But my post is more about the internals and what really is lacking or could be from Hasbro.

With custom boards you can change sound files and setting for different blade effects via a micro SD card. I know some of you are aware but in case some are not.

Hasbro is way behind lightsaber tech especially with the Elite being an improvement over their standard sabers.

I scored this for $385 during Korbanth's black Friday sale.

http://instagr.am/p/CKW0m76gfq4/
That looks like a sweet deal. Nice saber!

Reaction score
Got my foam block in for protection and keeping the hilt and emitter in place. Wanted to cut it in strips like the Disney case, but didn’t think it would have come out clean. So instead used the whole block.

0894E786-AE7E-46B1-B21C-2B771C7C2698.jpeg

Reaction score
Anyone interested in the thumb screw option I talked about, I found what I was looking for on eBay.

It may look like it sticks out a bit, but it doesn’t that much and doesn’t hit your wrist moving the saber around. I am not sure why hasbro wouldn’t have done this to begin with. This was the only one that I found that was exactly what I was looking for, but it is 2mm longer than the original. I thought I was going to have to cut it down, but it did not bother the battery pack at all and worked perfect. I found the original screw cheap (soft metal) and easy to strip, it cross threads very easily if your not careful and the color just stuck out like a sore thumb. It made it to cumbersome to unscrew to replace batteries and again was easily to cross thread if not careful.

Attachments