Birmingham, Alabama Collectors Pt. 4

Reaction score
HASBRO TOY SHOP SALE

www.hasbrotoyshop.com has a great 25% off and free shipping sale.They are having a friends and family special which will get you 25% off your pre-tax order and free shipping on in-stock items. It doesn’t apply to gift cards, CIV items, and other special sales. Simply enter the FNFSPR7 code at checkout and you are good to go. Not too shabby for some Star Wars deals. Enjoy!

Discount expires 5/28 at 11:59 EST.

Reaction score
V-Wings @ Target 280

This afternoon I saw about 5 V-Wings and 2 Sith Infiltrators at Target on 280. They also had TAC waves 1 & 2 minus anything McQuarrie. And of course there were about a million Order 66 2-packs on clearance.

Has anyone seen the Marvel Legends Blob wave in town?

Reaction score
Re: V-Wings @ Target 280

Hey I have an extra McQuarrie R2 & C-3P0. I was wondering if anyone would like to trade it for a Concept Storm Trooper and Boba Fett. Also if anyone sees a concept Chewbacca I would appreciate a heads up or pick up an extra for me. Thanks if youre interested PM me.

Reaction score
TAC Wave 3

Wave 3 has hit! I got two sets. Found a case at Roebuck and 280 Wal-Mart's. 280 also has the VTAC (Vintage) figures and the Father's Day two Pack if anyone wants them. The Vintage figures are a must have, this is the best wave of them all imo.

Reaction score
Re: TAC Wave 3

Yikes, Wave 3 already. I never even see anything but the remains of Wave 2. I still don't have McFett or Biggs.

On another note, I had a weird experience at the Trussville Wal-Mart late Thursday night. I stopped in on my way home around midnight. They had nothing. And I mean that 100% literally. They had nothing...the entire toy section was completely gone. Toys, the shelves, everything. It was about 60 x 60 feet of wide open floor. I'm guessing they're redesigning the layout of the stoor. They did have a couple of large screen TVs there in the empty space. Maybe the electronics dept is moving over there? It was definitely a surreal sight, though.

Reaction score

Hey guys Im from HSV, just a quick question. Where is the fathers day pack located at in Walmart....Is it in the Card section? Also do you have pics for it before I get all worked up for it.

Thanks

Reaction score

Found a WAVE 3 Biggs at 150 Walmart,..thats all of Wave 3 I've seen so far.

Reaction score

No posts in several weeks,..is anyone finding anything out there? Still looking:

30-15: McQuarrie Signature Series: Concept Boba Fett
30-18: Luke Skywalker (Moisture Farmer)
30-19: Jawa & LIN Droid (Tatooine Scavenger)
30-21: McQuarrie Signature Series: Concept Chewbacca
30-22: M'iiyoom Onith (Cantina Alien)
30-23: Elis Helrot (Cantina Alien)

Can Anyone help out???

Reaction score

I'm certainly having no luck. I've only seen the scraps of Wave 3, and even then, only a couple of times. I thought I got lucky last week, when I stopped by the Wal-Mart just north of Springville in the middle of the night. 3 cases of figures sitting unopened on the pallet. I see them marked as Wave 2, so I get excited thinking I may finally get McFett. They were all the Wave 2 Revision cases, and had no McFetts in them. I wasn't too happy, to say the least. Why pull arguably the most popular figure, who is already shortpacked, to make room for more Wave 1 figures? Argh...

Thankfully, I was lucky enough to get an order in when Hasbro Toy Shop had the McQuarrie Luke available for that very short period of time. It arrived yesterday. That is one nice fig!

Reaction score
Nothing!

Anyone else having any luck finding ANYTHING....no Wave 3, no 25th Joes, no new JLU or DCSH...NOTHING! Hasn't been this dry in a long time....

Reaction score
Re: Nothing!

I have found the concept Boba Fett @ Walmart. The WM in Pelham & Alabaster usually have several figures. The new Target opening in Alabaster at the end of this month may be well stocked. Anyone know when the holiday special Fett comes out?

Reaction score
McChewie for McFett?

Does anyone by chance have an extra McQuarrie concept Boba Fett that they'd be willing to trade for a McQuarrie concept Chewbacca? Figured I'd ask locally before hitting the "Classifieds" section.

Reaction score
Re: McChewie for McFett?

Sorry Jason I have not seen those figures, but I did find the new Comic Packs at Trussville Wal-Mart last night. I took all of them, nothing left. Check the other Wal-Mart's around town for them.

Reaction score
Re: McChewie for McFett?

Hi Jason... I have a McFett for you if you still need one.

Reaction score
McTreasure Hunt

Well, either the market is finally getting saturated with enough product, or the scalpers are finally starting to realize that the McQuarrie figures aren't exactly Hot Wheels Treasure Hunts and returning some of their extras. Over the last 10 days, I've seen 2 McStormies and 2 McChewies; all 4 at different locations around town. I think it's only going to get better when the new Galactic Hunt gold coin figs hit. Then the regular versions should be in abundance as everyone tries to track down the GH versions.

Reaction score
Re: McTreasure Hunt

I haven't posted here in like a thousand years.

I'm in Montgomery. Our TRU got the Saga Legends with the Sandtrooper, 501st Clone and VOTC Boba Fett day before yesterday. Clones and STs are apparently 2 per case. Our TRU also has the Bantha redder/browner variation (if that's a big deal, we didn't get those for a long time). They reset their toy aisle again yesterday and put out an old case of Saga with Commander Appo in it.

Target has restocked the new comic sets twice but no new single carded action figures. They also had the re-issue Vader TIE.

Wal-Marts are still glutted with Moff Jerjerrods and Endor Threepios. They did get a lot of Wave 2 and 3, though, over the months, but TRU is where it's at down here right now. They restocked the Endor AT-AT as well.

I haven't been to BHAM in a long, long time. Gas is TOO expensive.

Lots of 25th GIJOE down here, too, at WMs, Target and TRU. Keep waiting for TRU to restock the singles. I've been fortunate enough to score eight COBRA Officers for my army and that's having missed them on several occasions as well.

Transformers movie toys down here are utterly decimated. I've never seen anything sell out like that before. All TRU has are the smaller Megatrons now and a few of those leftover protoform Optimuses and Starscreams.

I actually saw three KIDS digging through the Star Wars figures the other day. One of them was gabbing about the rarity of this or that and he actually seemed to know what he was talking about. I nearly fell over. I haven't seen a kid after Star Wars since ROTS.

Reaction score
Re: McTreasure Hunt

TAC Wave 4 has hit Birmingham. Found them at Roebuck & Trussville Wal-Mart's. Got all of Gold Coine figures I needed. These were the Revision Cases that doesn't come with the McQuarrie Vader, which blows big time. Hasbro is making the McQuarrie Figures just about impossible to find.

Reaction score
Re: TAC Wave 5

Stopped by B'ham TRU today and saw the exclusives, (2) Y-Wing and (3) Elite Tie Interceptor; I bought 1 each. Pegs are still full of TAC waves 1-3.

Reaction score
Re: TAC Wave 5

Montgomery TRU got a Wave 4 case. Appeared to be this case assortment:

1x Airborne Trooper (Utapau)
1x Darth Vader With Overcloak
1x Luke Skywalker With Moisture Evaporator
1x Stormtrooper With Removable Helmet
1x M'Iiyoom
1x Elis Helrot
1x Holiday Special Boba Fett
1x Umpass-Stay With Gong
1x Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
1x McQuarrie Series Chewbacca (Ultimate Galactic Hunt gold chase packaging)
1x Holiday Special Boba Fett (Ultimate Galactic Hunt gold chase packaging)
1x Airborne Trooper (Utapau)(Ultimate Galactic Hunt gold chase packaging)

Reaction score
hasbro toy shop sale!

There is a new promo code making the rounds for HasbroToyShop.com. Using the code 25FALL at checkout will discount 25% off your order and you'll get FREE shipping. Expires 10/8/07.

they have R2-KT plus Wave 4 Luke with Bone, as well as Star Wars 17-inch Darth Vader Cinemacast Figure.

Reaction score
re

TRU here in Montgomery got the Arena Encounter set. There were only two and they're gone now.

The sale has dwindled the action figures down a little bit. I suspect they have more Wave 4 in the back they aren't putting out until the sale is over.

Reaction score
Re: re

Lot of stuff showed up in Montgomery this weekend:

Wal-Marts and TRU got Wave 4 and 5.
Wal-Mart also got 2 cases of new Saga Legends including:
Darktrooper
Imperial Officer
Pit Droids
Clone Commander
Sandtrooper (orange)

Also found 25th Anniversary GIJoes Wave 2 at Target (Serpentor, COBRA Trooper, etc.)

Reaction score
TAC Wave 7

I found a case of TAC Wave 7 at Wal-Mart in Roebuck this morning. Has anyone found wave 4 of the Comic Packs out there yet?

Reaction score
Re: TAC Wave 7

Birmingham area:
I have an extra 2007 UGH Han Solo, McQ Darth Vader, & McQ Snowtrooper all MOC for trade 1:1 for another MOC 2007 UGH or McQ figs I need.
(It's been dead around here lately!)

Reaction score
Re: TAC Wave 7

I saw the exclusive ARC-170 Fighters at Target today, with the Clone Wars deco. There were 3 but now there are 2.

Also picked up the Tatoo Anakin.

Reaction score
SW Xmas

Last night I saw WalMArt Exclusives Jabba's Band & Galactic Heroes Cantina Sets at Pelham Walmart.

Still looking for Darth Ravan & Concept Han Solo.

Also,..I have some stuff up for Sale or trade:

STUFF TO SELL/TRADE

Reaction score
TAC Wave 7.5 and 8

FYI;
Wave 7.5 and wave 8 are currently at Birmingham TRU. I got
7th Legion Clone Trooper
Clone Trooper Training Fatigues
Jango Fett Bounty Hunter
They had some others too, 3-4 of each. Didn't see the new Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring though.....

Reaction score
Re: HASBRO TOY SHOP SALE

Anyone seen the 25th GI Joe Figs anywhere? Wal Mar has nothing in my area. Trying to find Snake Eyes, Beachhead & 2nd Storm Shadow.

Reaction score
Target Hoth & Endor Packs

Has anyone found the Target Hoth or Endor ATST packs on clearance? If you have extras of these I'm interested in them!

Reaction score
Re: Target Hoth & Endor Packs

I haven't seen them at retail. I would also be interested in them too. I will keep my eyes open.
I have a TRU excl Dagobah X-Wing I would give up for one....

Reaction score
Re: Target Hoth & Endor Packs

Dagobah X-Wing is gone; TRU Birmingham now has the Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring.