Biggs Darklighter - Tosche Station - #17

Reaction score
Re: Biggs Darklighter - Anchorhead Deleted Scene

Bo_Chooda said:
I got mine this evening! Looks good overall but with a couple of issues that are apparently not unique:

MosEisleyTX said:
Hey this is one of the first figs I've bought (and been really excited about) in a while, but when I got home and popped him open, his boots were extremely bent. I mean, his toes are pointing up at way past a 90 degree angle. Doesn't bother me too much, just wanted to see if anyone else noticed this because it didn't exactly seem right.
Mine too. His legs are also a little bent (there's a clear gun-holding rubberband around them now), but his feet are to the extreme, and he does not want to stay standing. This is the worst bent-leg-syndrome I've run into since my Saga Admiral Ozzel...

MK17 said:
I popped this guy open yesterday and noticed that dye from the cape rubbed off onto the white coat of the figure. It was very faint so I am not to perturbed by it, but I wonder if this has happened to anyone else. ANyway, great figure!
Mine too; I'd read your post earlier today, so when I opened him, that was the first thing I checked (Thanks!). The stain is on his upper arms, and I'd say it's a little more than faint on this one. I haven't tried to clean it off yet but I probably will eventually.
Good to know. I am getting very antsy waiting to get this figure. Good thing to note if I see more than one on the peg.

GNT

Reaction score
Bah I wish he didnt have the black cape on in the package, he looks abit covered by it.
Hasbro should've packed in an accessory like Lukes cause all I see is alot of empty space that could've been used

Reaction score
Very nice figure overall. His inability to stand very well, and the black-dye rubbing off onto his white paint aren't wonderful, but hey, no biggie. It's not exacly a figure that's going to be the centerpiece of any one of my dioramas, so..........

Moving on: I don't know if this was ever mentioned anywhere in this thread, (I went back one page and didn't find it, so..), but I am curious to know if anyone has tried to pop this Biggs' head onto a VTSC Luke-XWing Pilot body yet? Is it the same size? If not "exactly" the same, can you get it to fit at all? My Luke is packaed away right now, as I just recently moved, thus the reason I am asking you guys.

Reaction score
I popped Biggs' head onto another body, can't remember if it was VTSC Luke or a TAC Stormie, but whichever it was just the brief pop stretched his head out so it was ultra-loose on his own neck. It's back to normal now, and not like the other neck was ridiculously big; guess Biggs' head is made of soft stuff!

Most of the figures I see in the stores now have normal feet, placed firmly in the tray. Looks like it was the early ones who weren't popped in properly that had all the bent feet!

GNT

Reaction score
Picked up Biggs today! Overall his a great looking figure however Hasbro choose not to paint his open mouth or give him teeth like every other figure so I give him a negative 33

Reaction score
Found mine yesterday and I love it! I was quitting the small stuff but the Jawa and Biggs from this wave were musts.

Reaction score
so has anyone tried cleaning the black dye off the white plastic yet?
any ideas?

Reaction score
Figure looks good but didn't make me buy too much... Could have included a binoxulor from Luke or soemthing... There just isn't too much price value in this.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, he works better with the 2006 Luke than the 2007 one, since last year's Luke had the binoculars
Still, if you've got both, you can just swipe '06's binocs and give 'em to Biggs and pose him with the '07 Luke

Reaction score
E_CHU_TA said:
so has anyone tried cleaning the black dye off the white plastic yet?
any ideas?
Yes, I couldn't get it off with either goo-Gone of Paint Thinner. I had to paint match the coat and I put a faint layer of paint ot hide the black. It was rather annoying. Hopefully someone on this board found a better alternative.

Reaction score
I opened this figure the other day and I really like the outfit but I do wish his stance wasn't so wide.

Reaction score

MosEisleyTX said:
...but when I got home and popped him open, his boots were extremely bent. I mean, his toes are pointing up at way past a 90 degree angle. Doesn't bother me too much, just wanted to see if anyone else noticed this because it didn't exactly seem right.
Mine was just the same. I think I'll have to resort to boiling to straighten it out. If Hasbro can't put the figs in the bubble without deforming them, just give them in a straight flat pose like in the Vintage line.

Reaction score

I compared my 2 Biggs figures on Sunday, and the first one with the warped feet had straightened out on its own! The 2nd one was properly set in the bubble when I bought it, so he was fine of course. Now I just gotta use the 2nd in a Luke custom I'm planning...

Reaction score

It is unacceptable that we still get Star Wars figures with articulation on par with the original Kenner line (waist down) in 2007. Hasbro is just being cheap, plain and simple. It's the 21st century Hasbro, get with the program. The difference that ball socketed knee joints would have made with this figure is too substantial to be overlooked. Wave 2 Luke got them, you mean to tell me that because Biggs got a cape, he shouldn't as well. Come on!

Reaction score

monty70 said:
It is unacceptable that we still get Star Wars figures with articulation on par with the original Kenner line (waist down) in 2007. Hasbro is just being cheap, plain and simple. It's the 21st century Hasbro, get with the program. The difference that ball socketed knee joints would have made with this figure is too substantial to be overlooked. Wave 2 Luke got them, you mean to tell me that because Biggs got a cape, he shouldn't as well. Come on!
I agree if you're going to go to all the trouble to sculpt a new figure at least give him ball jointed knees! This is just riduculas to get a popular almost main character with no leg articultion! I can understand the Pilot Biggs getting a reused X-Wing body, but not an all new figure!

Reaction score

I like the figure, sure more articulation would have been nicer. I think Hasbro looked at it this way. Here's a figure that never appeared in this costume, but many fan boys want him. Let's skimp a little on the articulation because the fan boys will still buy it anyway. Then they'll complain about the articulation and we can do one of two things:

1. tell them we gave them what they wanted, so be quiet

2. redo the knee articulation and put on another card next year or the year after.

I think the figures a good one and am happy to have a Biggs from the cut scene.

Reaction score

My problem is not so much with Biggs, (I have not bought this figure, nor do I plan to) its with the fact that Hasbro still makes figures with two points of articulation from the waist down. Simply unacceptable. (This is part of the reason why I only collect the vintage line)

Reaction score

monty70 said:
My problem is not so much with Biggs, (I have not bought this figure, nor do I plan to) its with the fact that Hasbro still makes figures with two points of articulation from the waist down. Simply unacceptable. (This is part of the reason why I only collect the vintage line)
I normally agree, but with this fig I don't have as much a problem with it. I really like this fig, and he needs SA much less than Quinlan would have.

Reaction score

Not too bothered by the wide stance or lack of knee articulation but those stains on it's jacket from the cape are really annoying. I'm gonna have to try and clean it asap.

Reaction score

TK_842 said:
Not too bothered by the wide stance or lack of knee articulation but those stains on it's jacket from the cape are really annoying. I'm gonna have to try and clean it asap.
Same here! I'm perfectly happy with the figure aside from those awful scuff marks on the jacket from the cape.

Cleaning them off won't be easy.. I tried just about everything. I even tried to gently sand them off with a fine grain sandpaper.. and even that didn't work.

I think the dye from the cape has penetrated the plastic.. which means it's not going to be easy to clean off.

Reaction score

TK_842 said:
i agree as well.

actually i soaked the cape in a thing of water a few nights hopeing the excess dye would come off but im afraid to put the cape back on him.

mfk

Reaction score

I'm super psyched about this figure. When i was a kid, it really bothered me that kenner never put out a "luke's best friend" figure, so imagine my excitement when we got not one but TWO Biggs figures this year! As is my custom, I took a few pics with this one:

Check out my collection thread in my sig for more pics like these...

Reaction score

Well, i tried a few cleaning products available around here but none gave any satisfying result. Guess i'll leave it like that and put the cape over until i hear/read about a working solution.
BTW, very nice pics mfk

Reaction score

Just picked up Deleted scene Biggs...pretty happy with him.

Reaction score

While I don't begrudge the fans of this figure their prize, I wish that the pilot Biggs had gotten a new sculpt over the deleted scene version. From the pictures, this looks like a good figure articulation-wise. Oh well, life marches on.

Reaction score

if luke x wing pilot (VTSC) and TAC a wing pilot has all the ball jointed neck to ankles.

why not biggs?

also he's not movie accurate.

take a look in the movie screen cap

luke x wing pilot has all the correct movie accurate, the leg band on the right leg and hose conect on the left side of torso.

Reaction score

Okay, so, GZ has apparently declared today to be Official Biggs Annoyance day. EVERY thread will be littered with the same post about Biggs.

Reaction score

Gothiczartan said:
if luke x wing pilot (VTSC) and TAC a wing pilot has all the ball jointed neck to ankles.

why not biggs?
Because Hasbro's bigwigs are worse penny-pinchers than Ebeneezer Scrooge, that's why.

Reaction score
Rune_Haako said:
I see Goof Off won't take the cape dye off him.

Has anyone else had any luck getting it off with anything else?
No, I tried but to no luck. Mine doesn't have it too bad though. I just keep the cape off him for now.

Reaction score
It ain't paint stains right? Stains from a cloth? Try those Mild Thinner 80% Put some on a toothpick with the sharp edges cut off. Peel it off slowly and voila. I haven't tried it cuz I haven't got the problem, but it might work.

Reaction score
Don't know if this is the right place to ask this. Maybe I should ask in the customs section, but I'm searching for another figures legs with knee, and ankle articulation I can switch out with this one, and have it look ok. I've tried TAC Death Star Trooper's and they make him too tall, and TAC Yavin, or TAC Jedi Luke's legs are too skinny and make him too short. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Reaction score
Has there been any real success in removing the dye stains from the jacket on this figure?

I did read above about the goof off, but I am based in the UK and do not have access to that stuff and I am unsure what the UK equivalent would be and I am not really interested in buying the goof off on eBay with the addition of shipping and import duty/VAT on top!

B)