Biggs Darklighter - Tosche Station - #17

Reaction score
After watching the clip with the deleted sceen from A New Hope. I was thinking it would be cool if we could get a figure of Biggs in that sceen with the cape and all.

Would anyone else want this fig??? I'd be after it for sure. Also what does everyone think the chances of it actually being made are?

*Changed title*

Reaction score
Re: Biggs Darklighter from the deleted ANH sceen

Yep!

This is the figure that I wanted Hasbro to make - instead they released Biggs in his X-wing outfit - which is a great figure - however, his caped outfit is much cooler in a 1970s style.

That would be a definitive Biggs figure, in my opinion!

Reaction score

where did you see this deleted scene?

Reaction score

There have been innumerable threads about a Deleted Scene Biggs Darklighter figure in the "Dear Hasbro" section, but by all means, let's start another!

GNT

Reaction score

Would I love a deleted scenes Biggs yeah I'd be up for it, it'll keep the tatooine Lukes company
As for the chances of seeing it made I doubt it unless Bigs somehow made it into A future fans choice poll.

Reaction score

It would be a great figure.... I love that outfit.

GNT

Reaction score

Also while looking at my collection...if they can make Tatooine Luke with a floopy hat Hasbro can sure make a deleted scenes Biggs

Reaction score

I'd love to get an Academy uniform Biggs. Figures of Camie and Fixer might be cool too. I'd also like some figures from other deleted scenes like Han, Luke, and Leia from the deleted ROTJ sandstorm scene.

Reaction score

NS_Stormtrooper said:
I'd love to get an Academy uniform Biggs. Figures of Camie and Fixer might be cool too. I'd also like some figures from other deleted scenes like Han, Luke, and Leia from the deleted ROTJ sandstorm scene.
I dont supose you know where we can see the deleted sandstorm scene?

Reaction score

Dan_Cziraky said:
There have been innumerable threads about a Deleted Scene Biggs Darklighter figure in the "Dear Hasbro" section, but by all means, let's start another!
Yet Hasbro does nothing. Can Hasbro not hear the cries of our collector brethern that yearn for this figure? Why? Why? Why?

Anyway, yes I have been wanting a figure of this for a long time. I just don't know if it will ever get done.

Reaction score

Thanks for the link, that was the first time I had ever seen that scene. Wow, awesome.

Does anybody know if that scene will make it into next DVD release? It goes a long way to explain the conversation between Luke and his aunt and uncle at the table and gives us a lot more back store about the empire and biggs. I wish it was in the movie.

Reaction score

Ragnar said:
I've never seen a video of the sandstorm anywhere. Just some still photos on the net, in books like "Star Warsd 365 days", and old issues of SW Insider.

Han, Luke, and Leia (slave outfit) are wearing goggles and wrapped in brown blankets to protect them from the blowing sand. I think Lando (skiff guard) is also in the scene with goggles and Chewbacca has his injured leg bandaged.

Reaction score

Ragnar said:
NS_Stormtrooper said:
It might be on a dvd that I should have finished downloading and burned when I get off work today. I beleive the scene exists. There is a thread in the vintage section of this site telling about where to get the dvd i'm downloading. Deleted magic is the name of it. Thanks to those guys especially JohnA for letting me know about it.

Reaction score

Darth_Anton said:
I could go for this figure.
Same here ... but unfortunately, I think this figure would pegwarm like you wouldn't believe.

Reaction score

Yeah, They could even go crazy and do and evolutions set for biggs. 70's Tatooine getup, Imperial cadet, and new SA Rebel Pilot. Chance of that happening would be like .00001% but I would definately buy it.

Reaction score

there's a dvd out there called "Deleted Magic" and it has most every deleted and lost scene known to man! if anyone needs a copy PM me -

i'd love a Biggs in this style, maybe i'll customize one and put it on a vintage card.

Reaction score

What academy did Biggs attend? An imperial academy? He wanted to become a TIE Fighter pilot?

Reaction score

Yup, it was the Imperial Academy! They all went to the Imperial Academy and become either pilots or officers. But in all reality they secretly wanted to join the Rebellion!!

I would want a figure, but only if it was VOTC style!! I have seen the pic of Biggs since I was a lil kid, he was just as much a part of Star Wars as Luke was, since I never saw the original movie till much later!!

Reaction score

I'd buy a Tatooine Biggs. A better sculpt of X-Wing Biggs would be nice, too.

Reaction score

Lady_Jaye said:
Yup, it was the Imperial Academy! They all went to the Imperial Academy and become either pilots or officers. But in all reality they secretly wanted to join the Rebellion!!
Devious. Get the Empire to train you, and then turn around and use your new skills against them. The Empire must not be all that bad if Luke and Biggs wanted to join the Imperial Navy.

G

TeekSpeed said:
The Empire must not be all that bad if Luke and Biggs wanted to join the Imperial Navy.
They just wanted to be teleported off that rock.

I remember the still photographs of this scene from the Star Wars storybook. I've been hoping for this figure for a long time. In fact, I voted for him in the first round of the Fan's Choice Poll, but he didn't make it into the top 25. Maybe next time.

Reaction score

I doubt it would pegwarm. All they would have to do is make it an exclusive, put it in a protective clamshell case and charge $12.99. They'd fly off the shelves.

Reaction score

Like I said, if it was VOTC figure, I'd be so over it!!! Especially if the cape was soft goods, like Lando's was!! It'd be awesome!! They can even use the pic that I think we all know, where it shows Biggs looking out into the canyon!! Now that would be awesome!!

Reaction score

I think he'd pegwarm as a regular figure, but maybe StarWarsShop.com could do a set with Biggs Academy, Camie, Fixer and the "new" Luke from the Tatooine Wave. I mean, it worked for the Lucas family set: Terr Teneel would certainly pegwarm up a storm as a regular figure.

Heck, I'd pay a premium for it from SWS.com.

Reaction score

Wasn't Han Solo once an imperial officer, too ? Is that in the novels ? I mean, there is EU information about it, but I mean the OT novels. There's a small passage hinting at how he and Chewbacca became friends, saying that he saved Chewie from slavery ...

Reaction score

Lady_Jaye said:
I never cared much for that bit of EU, and never read it, so I don't know too much beyond Biggs being a TIE pilot... if you watch the deleted Tatooine scene, Biggs & Luke speak of the Academy as if it's NOT an automatic induction into Imperial military service; BUT they were both afraid of being drafted into military duty. Biggs worked on a frigate, Luke mentions he'd been hanging around Starfleet too long, yet Biggs later says he didn't want to get drafted INTO Starfleet. So I think in Lucas' mind, Biggs & some of his fellow friends were frigate crewmen, maybe shuttle pilots, that jumped ship not long after meeting Luke. If he flew any missions with Red Squadron before Yavin, it wasn't many... ANH only covers a handful of days after all.

Anyhow, the cutscene Biggs would be a decent figure. Customizers would get the most use outta him... new head (it'd make custom X-Wing Biggs much easier!), a cape, new type of jacket, new simple legs & boots... plenty of potential, but not a very exciting figure for the kids.

Reaction score

Well I'm not getting my info from EU, but from the movies itself!! I mean Luke himself says if the new droids do work out, that he wanted to transfer his application to the academy, the next season before the harvest!! And I assumed that since Biggs and Tank had left, they were at the Academy!

But one EU item I do know is that Han was at it as well, until he saved Chewie's life!! And had to go on the lamb!!

Reaction score

Lady_Jaye said:
But one EU item I do know is that Han was at it as well, until he saved Chewie's life!! And had to go on the lamb!!
Han went on the lamb! Wow, I didn't know that!

GNT

Reaction score

DarthJace said:
I think he'd pegwarm as a regular figure, but maybe StarWarsShop.com could do a set with Biggs Academy, Camie, Fixer and the "new" Luke from the Tatooine Wave. I mean, it worked for the Lucas family set: Terr Teneel would certainly pegwarm up a storm as a regular figure.

Heck, I'd pay a premium for it from SWS.com.
I'd be up for that...it could be a "Deleted scenes Boxset" featuring them all. Good idea DarthJace.

Reaction score

Great figure and a great scene. Add Biggs to my cart.

Reaction score

i finally saw the clip. it wasn't working for me yesterday. great clip. i would be interested in biggs with a cape

Reaction score

That part of the EU is covered pretty well in the Chewbacca comic mini-series. Han is ordered to kill Chewbacca and tells his CO that he doesn't slaughter defenseless beings. That's when he is run out of the Empire. An excellent series, a great read and an excellent tribute to Chewie.

Reaction score

i have thought for a very long time that this would be such a cool figure even if you werent familiar with it it would just be a cool looking adventurer type for your cantina.

i love that outfit as well as hans outfit and general landos outfit.
they all have a very cool look to them of course good looking uniforms are just goodlooking.
i know its very offtopic but i would love to see some classic galactica starbuck type figures made as well if they were done as good as the star wars figures coming out lately, again its just a cool looking outfit.

Reaction score

Watch the clip carefully, he shoots a glance at the girl's butt after she grabs the binoculars from Luke.

Reaction score

Of course he does. She was a cutie. Not to mention a [censored] star.