Biff Bang Pow - The Big Bang Theory Action Figures

Reaction score
I sent an email to the company yesterday and here's both my question and their reply:

Question:
Good Afternoon,

I was just curious if you could provide anyinformation as to why the Big Bang Theory action figures keep getting pushedback month to month. I remember back at Toy Fair 2014 seeing the prototypes& being super excited about finally getting a collection of 3.75”Action figures based on one of my favorite sitcoms and since then I’ve beensitting on edge waiting for that awesome email from www.EntertainmentEarth.com that the figureshave finally arrived and are being shipped. As of today I noticed that theyhave once again been pushed back another month till September. Is there aproblem with the production of these figures? The likeness rights? I post oftenon several toy websites as well as Twitter and have fans worried that thesefigures will never be released.

As a concerned fan I’m just curious if there arestill plans to release a second wave of figures (based on a photo from Toy Fair2015) in their Star Trek uniforms or if the image on the back of the recentSDCC set showing the main cast in their Star Trek The Next Generation LandingParty costumes will get made as well.

Fans really want these but I find more and morethat the longer they are pushed back the less interest in kept. I already knowof at least 50 people that I talk with that have either cancelled their ordersor have lost interest in the line all together.

I still remain a fan and look forward to the daythat I can finally own these great looking figures and write up a review onthem.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

A Loyal Bif Bang Pow & The Big Bang TheoryFan

Answer:

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your emailand your business. The good news is that the 3 3/4 inch figures that arecurrently listed on Entertainment Earth are in production and are on the way. Items shown at Toy Fair are - as you know - prototypes and may or may notmake it to market based on many factors.

And while we hate havingcustomers cancel items, these delays are completley out of our hands. Weare in business to sell merchandise, so if we don't have items to sell, wecan't make money. Our goal is to bring product to market but it must meedthe rigourous demands of our licensors and our own internal quality control.

Thank you again for yourinquire and patience.

-Jason

Regards,
Jason Labowitz
1-877-BIF-BANG (243-2264) x802

bifbangpow.com

twitter.com/bifbangpow

Reaction score
I sent an email to the company yesterday and here's both my question and their reply:

Question:
Good Afternoon,

I was just curious if you could provide anyinformation as to why the Big Bang Theory action figures keep getting pushedback month to month. I remember back at Toy Fair 2014 seeing the prototypes& being super excited about finally getting a collection of 3.75”Action figures based on one of my favorite sitcoms and since then I’ve beensitting on edge waiting for that awesome email from www.EntertainmentEarth.com that the figureshave finally arrived and are being shipped. As of today I noticed that theyhave once again been pushed back another month till September. Is there aproblem with the production of these figures? The likeness rights? I post oftenon several toy websites as well as Twitter and have fans worried that thesefigures will never be released.

As a concerned fan I’m just curious if there arestill plans to release a second wave of figures (based on a photo from Toy Fair2015) in their Star Trek uniforms or if the image on the back of the recentSDCC set showing the main cast in their Star Trek The Next Generation LandingParty costumes will get made as well.

Fans really want these but I find more and morethat the longer they are pushed back the less interest in kept. I already knowof at least 50 people that I talk with that have either cancelled their ordersor have lost interest in the line all together.

I still remain a fan and look forward to the daythat I can finally own these great looking figures and write up a review onthem.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

A Loyal Bif Bang Pow & The Big Bang TheoryFan

Answer:

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your emailand your business. The good news is that the 3 3/4 inch figures that arecurrently listed on Entertainment Earth are in production and are on the way. Items shown at Toy Fair are - as you know - prototypes and may or may notmake it to market based on many factors.

And while we hate havingcustomers cancel items, these delays are completley out of our hands. Weare in business to sell merchandise, so if we don't have items to sell, wecan't make money. Our goal is to bring product to market but it must meedthe rigourous demands of our licensors and our own internal quality control.

Thank you again for yourinquire and patience.

-Jason

Regards,
Jason Labowitz
1-877-BIF-BANG (243-2264) x802

bifbangpow.com

twitter.com/bifbangpow

Translation we use the same factory as Marauders Inc. o-o

Reaction score
pushed back till October now.... :( UGH. I'm really starting to get upset with the constant delays of these figures.

Reaction score
just saw on EE.com that the figures have been pushed back to November. just sent a message to Bif Bang Pow and hoping to get a response soon. I really hope these figures come out in 2015

Reaction score
just got an email from Bif Bang Pow in regards to TBBT figures.... so good news and some bad news (no STNG figures :( )

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your email.

Re: The Big Bang Theory 3 3/4" action figure Series 1(regular outfits) these are due at port very soon so pending customs release wehope to have these within the next week or so to ship out. We apologizefor the continued delay of these figures. We have incurred a variety ofunexpected and unanticipated delays which caused us to push these back,however, we are very excited they will be here soon and in time for theholidays.

Re: The Big Bang in TOS outfits - we are anticipatingthese to be here Q1 2016 in time for the Star Trek 50th Anniversary.

Re: The Big Bang in TNG outfits - Unfortunately, thesehave been cancelled from our line for a variety of reasons. However, stay tunedto next year…we do have some additional exciting figures planned.

I hope the above answers all your questions. Thank you for yourbusiness! Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Jodie Winters
Brand Manager

Reaction score
And with that, I've decided against any of them. I was really looking forward to the TNG versions. And then I wanted Sheldon in Flash and GL, but as it seem touch and go already. I doubt I'd have any luck finding them anyway. lol

Oh well, just one more line not to be worried about.

Reaction score
They are finally in stock at EE.COM. Just got my shipping notice :). I'm bummed about the cancellation of TNG set though.

Reaction score
Anyone have actual pics of these out of the package?
I'll try to post some pictures later tonight if I get the chance. I'm kinda bummed on the articulation of Penny, Amy and Bernadette. they have 3 points of articulation (the legs have some movement but the skirts are molded together around the legs making it impossible to have have the figures sit. Raj also suffers in articulation as well as the jacket/sweater vest prevents him from sitting completely down as well (I'm guessing Leonard is the same as Raj in this aspect).

the 4 Sheldons look the same as the SDCC Hawkman version. Howard is a decent figure.

after waiting so long for these figures I'm kinda bummed on how they turned out, but I'm at least thankful to have 3.75" action figures of one of my favorite shows. I might buy an extra set of them and try to make STNG versions of them since Biff Bang Pow announced that they had to cancel that series.

Reaction score
Penny looks terrible.
yeah the face came out bad, the articulation on her is on the weak side.... it's a sonic weld body where the legs pop out fairly easy and she really only has 3 points of articulation. the legs are ball jointed into the torso. Bernadette and Amy suffer from this type of Articulation as well.

on the plus side the head for Penny, Bernadette and Amy are ball joint so there is hope for some custom work.

I'm in the process of making some ST TNG figures of TBBT since Bif Bang Pow stated that they had to cancel that wave do to several issues (I'm guessing licensing rights perhaps and actor likeness rights)

Reaction score
started making my custom ST TNG figures from the Big Bang Theory and I'm working on also making versions of Penny, Bernadette and Amy in ST TNG uniforms (using the Tasha Yar Galoob figure.)

I'm also thinking of adding Stewart to the ST TNG line up as well as perhaps trying to make a custom Wil Wheaton / Wesley Crusher figure. (just not sure what to use as the head.) I think Howard is going to be the hardest figure to customize into the Borg character. going to be a lot of work to transform him.

Reaction score
they make good background characters for dioramas. I'm working on a few customs of these as ST TNG (Raj and Howard are going to need the most work - especially Howard) and I have another project in the works for them as I wrote a script for the show 2 years ago. I was hoping to submit the script to CBS and see if they will even consider reading it, but I'm working on a version of action figures based off my script.

Reaction score
Forbidden Planet Intl cancelled my order the Big Bang Theory Star Trek figures. Annoying! I'll have to resort to fleabay now!!

Reaction score
Forbidden Planet Intl cancelled my order the Big Bang Theory Star Trek figures. Annoying! I'll have to resort to fleabay now!!
which ones? The classic Star Trek ones or the ST TNG figures (which were cancelled by Bif Bang Pow). I've yet to see pre-orders up for Classic Trek but according to BBP they should be available 1st quarter 2016. one rep mentioned January 2016.

Reaction score
they make good background characters for dioramas. I'm working on a few customs of these as ST TNG (Raj and Howard are going to need the most work - especially Howard) and I have another project in the works for them as I wrote a script for the show 2 years ago. I was hoping to submit the script to CBS and see if they will even consider reading it, but I'm working on a version of action figures based off my script.
Very far in the background presumably:D

Utinniii

Reaction score
Reaction score
They were the classic Trek wave. Hope they get supplied again. UK seems not to have picked up Flash Gordon either to my annoyance.

Reaction score
I actually saw these in an awesome comic shop in Houston. It was after I noticed they had the Minimates clearanced for $8 and had picked up those. I noticed the BifBangs as I was checking out and just thought, 'Huh. Well I'm glad I've actually seen them in person.... Hm..... Hey hey! Clearance Minimates!"

Reaction score
Here are the 4 I've opened so far. The faces are pretty bad with Penny and Howard being slightly better.

Reaction score
Wow those figures are bad. At least fans of the show have a solid Lego TBBT set they can get for their collections.

Reaction score
I'm looking at that group pic and all I'm thinking is, wow great paint job on Rajs shoes. all I was really interested in was the star trek wave, are they making it or not?

Reaction score
I'm looking at that group pic and all I'm thinking is, wow great paint job on Rajs shoes. all I was really interested in was the star trek wave, are they making it or not?
they are still making the classic Trek wave. the TNG set was cancelled due to copyrights according to BBP

Reaction score
I've never seen Boardwalk Empire, but you know that guy who lost part of his face and wears the prosthetic over it? That's what their faces remind me of.

Reaction score
I think since you and I were the only two who bought any of the figures, that they decided to scrap!

Reaction score
Considering how crappy the final sculpt turned out, I decided against them. But I was on board at the beginning. I don't mind 5POA if the sculpt is spot on! As I can always add articulation. But if it's same quality as knockoff or the "budget line", I'm not interested...

Reaction score
Are these really that bad? I was planning on picking them up for Dio crowd filler. But now I don't know