Bif Bang Pow - Battlestar Galactica figures

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else will be collecting these. The prototypes look a little bobble headed, but there is a disclaimer there that says the heads will be more in scale int he final production pieces. I normally don't collect MEGO style figures, and even though there is a little lack of detail (Starbuck/Apollo's jackets and boots for instance) they still look pretty darn cool and the headsculpts are pretty nice looking:

Reaction score
Are these meant to look like toys from the actual 70s? I think they are odd. I'm not really into the old school BSG collectibles, other than the Konami line of starship minis from years back...

Reaction score
Yes, they are meant to resemble the MEGO style figures from the '70s. Like I said, I am not really into these retro style 8" figures, and there are a ton out there it seems, by several different companies, but I am a big fan of the Classic BSG and there aren't a whole lot of collectibles out there for the original show . I may just pick some of these up. I am betting the final product, with correct sized heads are going to be pretty nice. I'm not into Dr. Who, but their Dr. Who stuff looks pretty nice and I have seen their Twlighight Zone stuff and that is pretty neat.

Reaction score
God we got a bunch of youngsters that didn't grow up with the REAL
Battlestar Galactica

Bring them on! I want all of these just make these down the road:

Daggit
Baltar
Imperious Leader
Boomer
Ovion
Zack
Colonial Warrior
Tigh

And any other's I forgot

When do these go on sale?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm currently watching the original 1978-1979 Battlestar Galactica series, and have forgotten how good this series is - I have never seen every episode prior to this, though I caught a handful of them as a little kid when they were first broadcast. In any case, very well-done show & not a Star Wars rip-off as I originally thought when first watching this...That being said, the outer space battles between the Cylon Raiders & the Colonial Vipers remind me quite a bit of the dog-fight Space battle at the end of ANH; though, I'm sure a lot of this is because the special effects for the show were done by J. Dykstra, who was one of thoese who did the effects for ANH.

Re: these BG Bif Bang Pow figures, I completely missed out on these since I never saw them in stores & don't typically order online. Too bad, since they look great. Though I typically don't like Mego-style figures, I think these work well here; the cloth outfits are fantastic & the detail is amazing. I may still try to get some of these, though they're quite expensive online...

Pleasantly surprised that they made the Tucana singer (the alien woman w/four eyes & two mouths) - I always thought that was a great alien design; too bad this figure was a Convention exclusive, and is quite expensive these days...she comes with Boxey, Daggit, and some BG lunchboxes...

Though I know this line is probably cancelled, here's a wish list of what I would have wanted to see - this is added to a previous list above:

Imperious Leader

Boray

Starbuck in white uniform from "War of the Gods Part II"
Sheba in white uniform from "War of the Gods Part II"
Apollo in white uniform from "War of the Gods Part II"

Sheba in standard brown colonial officer uniform

Boomer

Ovion

Borellian Nomen

Colonial Warrior

Tigh

Last edited:
Reaction score
After recenty re-watching Galactica: 1980, I have some other figures I'd like to see in this line:

Troy & Dylan two-pack in colonial warrior uniforms

Humanoid/Cyborg Cylon (from episodes 7-8)

Jamie Hamilton in colonial warrior uniform

Angel?! from the episode, "The Return of Starbuck"

Last edited: