Bib Fortuna

GNT

Reaction score
Seems like plenty of discussion on Bib in the Vintage Collection News and Rumor thread so thought I'd start up a thread where we can continue the discussion.

Now that we have a new Jabba The Hutt and a few recent palace offerings is it time for a new Bib Fortuna figure to go with Jabba or are we all happy with the current version from a couple years back?

Discuss! Who wants to see a new version?

Reaction score
Sure, the last one is a salt shaker, but to me, the sculpt was really nice. I would dig it if they re-released this one using a more neutral expression though. Do we really need a Bib with Super articulation? Not really.

That said, if they did an all new one, and put the same TLC as they clearly did into the forthcoming Gammorean Guard, I'd be all over it

Reaction score
GNT said:
..are we all happy with the current version from a couple years back?
Obviously not GNT, when the rumors thread was being overrun with a growing debate on him, prompting you to create THIS thread.

In short, my stance is that I'm happy for all the other more important ROTJ characters to get updates first.. but just don't dismiss the fact that Bib needs to be redone eventually. The thing is, he no doubt will anyway, so I shouldn't be bothered about it really. He had some great interactive scenes with the droids, Luke & Boushh in the film - not to mention got pushed around by Jabba himself, so he didn't just stand there.

I think folks have this tunnel vision memory of Bib just standing next to Jabba for the entire first part of the film - not moving. That would perhaps justify a chess piece figure. Not so however. I'll continue to campaign for a new SA / SG clad Bib because he deserves an update just as much as the next guy. Again, I acknowledge the list of important to least important point, so I can't be accused of not being objective.

Reaction score
If they made a new version, I'd buy him but I'm pretty happy with the SAGA version because all he's going to be doing in my display is standing next to Jabba. There are at least dozens of other characters who need updated before Bib.

Ty

Reaction score
Bib is a perfect figure, why mess with a good thing? Give us a resculpted Yak Face first, that's 20x more important than a new Bibber!

Reaction score
There is absolutely no need for a new Bib Fortuna figure. The 2006 version was superb. It's got a great sculpt & look that can't be improved upon.

Plus, making an unecessary Bib would take up valuable space that could instead be given to a never-before-made figure like Weequay #2, Toryn Farr (sp?), etc.

Reaction score
rookie_pilot said:
War_in_The_floor said:
I still like the original Vintage one best
The Vintage Bib is the best Bib. I did not buy the Saga Bib specifically for the horrible facial expression. Did he ever have that face in the film?
Always reminded me more of Boc Aseca from the Jedi Knight video game:

Reaction score
Crazy expression aside, I'm OK with the Saga version. That said, I also thought I was pretty happy with the previous AT-AT Driver and Dengar figures.

Bring it on - as long as it's not the lame Episode 1 Bib.

Reaction score
Amen to that Ep1 incarnation of Bib being awful. The costume may be similar, but that actor's make up is bad. A mouth full of cheap looking fancy dress teeth, & a likeness that couldn't be any further removed from the original actor.. his name escapes me. He was awsome as the ROTJ Bib, the real Bib.

Anyway, I keep seeing these 'save the spot for someone else' comments.. what - for the next ten years? Is there that little love for a PROPER update? That's what these comments reflect to me.

Saying the 2006 figure is perfect.. is the sillyest thing I've ever read. I've made good points about why there should be an update, but a quick 'no he's perfect' seems to be a popular debate plugger, time & again. I don't know.. I'm boggled by this line of thinking.

Reaction score
@GNT:
Is there really any legitimate reason for this thread? The Bib Fortuna rumor seems to be based only on... speculation of the inevitable? Having a thread for a figure that isn't confirmed (or even truly rumored for that matter) seems a bit unnecessary and potentially misleading.

Reaction score
I thought the same thing and had avoided starting a new thread (and even commented on needing a credible basis for it in the news and rumor thread), but now, somebody has pointed out that there appears to be a Bib Fortuna head sculpt in some photo on Yakface's Facebook site - of course, I can't get to Facebook, so I don't know...

Maybe he got lucky...

'78

Reaction score
Two below Bib almost looks like a PM Anakin; two heads to the right looks like Darth Maul; also, it looks like a possible Tarkin head all the way on the right, third row down. Way too hard to tell, though.

Reaction score
Again, it's way too hard to tell for sure....but right below Maul looks like it could also be Bom Vimdin and Evazan to the right. I wish we could get a nice head on pic that wasn't blurry and zoomed in a little bit more.

That's a cool little display, though!

Reaction score
Darth_Brett said:
Two below Bib almost looks like a PM Anakin; two heads to the right looks like Darth Maul; also, it looks like a possible Tarkin head all the way on the right, third row down. Way too hard to tell, though.
Hard to tell for sure. I think the one two below Bib is Luke and the head on the right side, third row down looks like Bail Organa.

Darth_Brett said:
Again, it's way too hard to tell for sure....but right below Maul looks like it could also be Bom Vimdin and Evazan to the right.
And I think that's Mace and Jango.

Here's a more clear shot: http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=6505&text=&imageid=39378&box=&shownew=

Reaction score
Wow, was I waaaaay off! But this pic now clearly shows who they are. That Bib head looks like the '06 face now. In fact, most of these look to be older head sculpts.

The Han head looks like it is the DS Escape Han...except it has long hair.

Reaction score
Even though you saw him in several different scenes and not really just standing there, it's not like he is an action oriented character. IMO he just doesn't warrant SA treatment because he is never doing more then walking or standing, now if you saw him battling at the Sarlacc I might lean towards giving him better articulation.
But in the end he's till a boring character to me.

Reaction score
Tontus314 said:
Do we need a new Bib? No, but Dengar didn't "need" an upgrade and look how good that turned out.
Yeah but the big difference is the Dengar update was of a mediocre 2003 figure. The Bib update would be of a very good 2006 figure.
Big difference.

Reaction score
To say that the Bib figure was "Very good" is overstating things by more than a bit. Not only was the face sculpt awful to the point of absurd, but the articulation was subpar -- even for a salt shaker it was just awkward... I regretted buying it the moment I opened it up...

Reaction score
MARK2D2 said:
To say that the Bib figure was "Very good" is overstating things by more than a bit. Not only was the face sculpt awful to the point of absurd, but the articulation was subpar -- even for a salt shaker it was just awkward... I regretted buying it the moment I opened it up...
well its a game of opinions.

I totally disagree with you, infact "very good" is a little conservative from my point of view. I think the facesculpt is awesome and articulation isnt that big of a deal with me, detail of the sculpt is.

Reaction score
The top row on the end looks like Chancellor Palpatine, and to the left looks a lot like George Lucas.

Reaction score
The only thing the Saga Bib needs are ball-hinged elbows and a head that is less pink. Everything else is perfect!

Reaction score
The Han head is a new sculpt. I didn't recognize it and the sculptor told me it was a yet to be announced figure. Looked to be an ANH-era Han.

Reaction score
To each his own, I suppose. i would want a neutral SA SG Bib Fortuna. In my Palace diorama, I imagined him just as his character his, sort of sly and slimey. I just want to be able to have him hunched over Jabba, whispering in his ear, "He's no Jedi"...