Bib Fortuna - #ROTJ08

Reaction score
Bit of a side view.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 5.23.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 5.23.22 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 44
Reaction score
Lekku are flexible. I think they nailed the face. Just needs a repaint.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 5.27.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 5.27.02 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
Reaction score
Is that his stunt double?????
Awful likeness. And it is possible to achieve. Gentle Giant did it with their accessory pack statue, that is almost same size as the BS.

red_gg_bib_fortuna2.jpg

Reaction score
Overall, I like it. But the blue paint on the head and lack of staff make it an OK figure instead of a great figure.
Agree 100%. I think the cups are cool but kinda useless. I’d rather have the staff. If they’d included that and got the head colors right, this would be the rare knockout. I think the head sculpt is fantastic despite the blue. I’ll definitely get it and repaint the dome

Reaction score
Love it, thank goodness for the plastic robe 👍🏻😊 I was worried he might end up with a ugly, not really fitting soft good one

Looks like he is #8, connecting the sideart to Gen. Lando

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks good, interesting that they went with plastic robes though when TVC version got cloth, since SG's tend to look better in the 6" scale versus smaller one.

Reaction score
Way to long since I last saw ROTJ, but did he even had a staff there, or is this just a "burned-into-everyones-mind-relic" from the vintage figures ?🤔🤔 If I remember right, non of the modern 3.75 had one either. A blaster, a knife... but no staff
I know he had one in Mando final scenes as Fat Fortuna, dough, so maybe we get one here sometime in the future 😉

Reaction score
Way to long since I last saw ROTJ, but did he even had a staff there, or is this just a "burned-into-everyones-mind-relic" from the vintage figures ?
I believe you are correct, searching for screenshots of ROTJ, I see no staff.

The only staff shown is from the Mando clips when he has gained considerable weight.

Reaction score
'Bout time we got some more cups in the line. Looking forward to the eventual cup accessory pack😏

I have to agree about the blue they've overdone it here, but he does look good. I think we can all agree he'll be getting repacked on a vintage card for ROTJ 40th so hopefully some twi'lek tweaks! I'll be grabbing the box release to open though

Reaction score
Looks like cousin Bib.
beezer-fortuna-main_c14f6fa2.jpg

Reaction score
I predict also that the eventual carded ROTJ release will tone down the blue. Or, by then we will all know how to fix it.
I'm still frustrated that, at what action figures cost, we always have to alter them somehow to get them right.

There's a good story that I will probably butcher here, but the original Bib Fortuna mask had air bladders built into it to make it pulsate or throb or something, and when Lucas saw it in action, he forbade it immediately, because he thought it looked sexual and gross. Kind of like he did with the worm creature in the Cantina that originally spat green goo! History could've been different, and we'd be talking about wanting an "action feature" for this figure for accuracy!

Reaction score
I wonder if this will be like a case of ROTJ Luke and his David Bowie cheek blush....and how simply it was removed/lightened with some acetone. With my figure, it simply wiped right off with no damage to the base coat of the face.

I'm sure this will be the same way. (I hope)

Reaction score
I predict also that the eventual carded ROTJ release will tone down the blue. Or, by then we will all know how to fix it.
I'm still frustrated that, at what action figures cost, we always have to alter them somehow to get them right.

There's a good story that I will probably butcher here, but the original Bib Fortuna mask had air bladders built into it to make it pulsate or throb or something, and when Lucas saw it in action, he forbade it immediately, because he thought it looked sexual and gross. Kind of like he did with the worm creature in the Cantina that originally spat green goo! History could've been different, and we'd be talking about wanting an "action feature" for this figure for accuracy!
Lol I want to read more about this!

Reaction score
I believe you are correct, searching for screenshots of ROTJ, I see no staff.

The only staff shown is from the Mando clips when he has gained considerable weight.
I think they're excluding it to make the figure more screen accurate, though rumor has it that the staff was under his robes.

Reaction score
Lol I want to read more about this!

What made this feature of Bib's prosthetics so overtly sexual was the context of the scene during which it was used.

When Bib was flirting with Jess during the Max Rebo Band's performance, it was Jess' actress' job to pump air into the bladders hidden beneath the surface of Bib's prosthetics. This made his head pulse as he seduced her, signaling his arousal. Once George saw the result, he wouldn't allow this to be shown on screen.

You can see them canoodling, highlighted on the right side of this rather dark shot of Oola dancing.

bib_fortuna_and_jess_by_jdueler11_dd9lfmg-pre.jpg

Reaction score
This was the figure I was most looking forward to pipeline wise, but I'm kinda 'meh' on him. TVC looks better to me. But, there does seem to be some figures that Hasbro's glamor shots just don't look very good of and then in hand they're much better, so who knows.

Reaction score
My number one most wanted figure. One of the first vintage figs I ever owned as a child. My favorite alien. I love it! Bring on a carded release for the 40th, too! Or how about a “Kenner” styled one, too? I’d buy em all! 🤣

Reaction score
It’s kinda funny but does anyone else think he looks like Dennis O’Hare?B60D6D94-5F38-4267-AC7D-7B41EA7551AC.png