BEWARE: SCAMMED OUT OF $10K USD by ADOLFO HUMBERTO MARTINEZ ORTIZ "Merlin72"

Reaction score
Look.....

Matthieu is a good guy. And not in the the way that Matthieu initially defended Adolfo(as I stupidly did too!!!)

sometimes.....stand up guys go bad and confound even those close to them. Adolfos a crook....pure and simple. And the last post is a rambling,incoherent mess of an apology,but still puts the onus on Scott....furthermore....the guys that stood up for Adolfo....all this does is pee on their reputations because their judgements are skewed based on the defence of a shady character.

But the only person one should be casting scorn upon is Adolfo. Lets not start tearing strips off the good guys. Scott's been wronged....Adolfo is at fault....and the rest of us are untarnished by his actions....whether we initially called it wrong or not.

Darren

Reaction score
This is a really unfortunate situation. I understand hindsight is 20/20 but I'm surprised that a deal of this size wouldn't be done in person, regardless of references and reputations. If you have $10k to spend on a figure, what's another $1k spent on a flight to ensure a secure transaction and safe return of the piece...? Let this tale be a lesson for all.

Scott - All the best to you, guy. You handled the situation far better than I could and should be commended for your civility. I would have flown halfway across the world to catch Mr. Adolfo in a dark alley.

Adolfo - Don't know you and wouldn't want to. People have been hit for far less... Take a moment to really think about that. I wouldn't recommend keeping this type of ***** going.

Not cool.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Im sorry but if Adolfo did this to Scott now then really who's to say he has not done other shady dealings/selling in the past either? There is no way someone just decides on a whim to rip off someone just once. Its in their DNA/BLOOD. SCUM is SCUM always will be and always has been as far as I am concerned.

Reaction score
If Adolfo doesn't make good by Friday though, he's gone. And I've already started touching base with other admins/mods on other collecting sites/groups, telling them of this thread. Thus far, all have agreed with me that Adolfo has to go. They're going to ban him as well.

Tommy
When will you start with this on friday? In the morning? Or will you give Adolfo time till saturday morning?

Reaction score
Again I miss the like button :-(. Just to reiterate what Darren had said, let's not get sidetracked, and tearing strips out of the good guys. It is an honour and privilege to call Matth my friend. Someone who I've personally felt support from with no end. You are barking up the wrong tree here. This is about the Adolfo and Scott situation, and I really hope there's a happy resolution from all of this, and Scott can finally put this to rest.

Tommy, let us know if there's anything that us FB group admins can do to help with this.

Reaction score
Time to pay up , you lost the bet .
Good thing I bet Matthieu's Meccano collection that this was just a mix up and Adolfo did nothing wrong, and nothing from my collection! :whistling:

Pretty sad you get a thrill out of pointing out others that were wrong about situation a year or more ago based on statements made that, at the time they were made, looked very differently than they do following Adolfo's latest statement. Pretty sad indeed.

Darren said it best here:

Look.....

Matthieu is a good guy. And not in the the way that Matthieu initially defended Adolfo(as I stupidly did too!!!)

sometimes.....stand up guys go bad and confound even those close to them.
And here:

Look.....

But the only person one should be casting scorn upon is Adolfo. Lets not start tearing strips off the good guys. Scott's been wronged....Adolfo is at fault....and the rest of us are untarnished by his actions....whether we initially called it wrong or not.

Darren
Finally, although it was hard for me to understand a lot of what Adolfo was saying in his last statement (much was lost in translation), since it appears he has the $10,000 and won't give it back, I am not sure any error Scott has made could justify Adolfo continuing to withhold that money in good conscience. This has carried on already over many, many months - just get the dude his money back already.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Probably was just a lesson in no one or collector is "To Big to Fail". I saw something like this in the autograph section years ago with a guy Named Marc Moser (discowookie) who was forging ford graphs after having a private signing with him and passing them off as his. Lot of people lost thousands to this guy, and he never would admit it even when shown the proof. He literally ruined friendships he had for years with people he knew in real life, like went to weddings with. It happened because people who knew him couldn't admit that we are all fallible (think that's the word).

In the end, This Adolfo's punishement...is that has to be who he is: Someone who lies and steals and tries to play games with friends emotions and their livelihood...think about what a punishment that guys life must be if he thought this was the way to go?

Anyway, hope you get your money back but if not I hope you take some solace in the fact that this guy cant really hurt anyone again with his falsely earned rep as a "good human being".

Reaction score
Good thing I bet Matthieu's Meccano collection that this was just a mix up and Adolfo did nothing wrong, and nothing from my collection! :whistling:

Pretty sad you get a thrill out of pointing out others that were wrong about situation a year or more ago based on statements made that, at the time they were made, looked very differently than they do following Adolfo's latest statement. Pretty sad indeed.

Darren said it best here:

And here:

Finally, although it was hard for me to understand a lot of what Adolfo was saying in his last statement (much was lost in translation), since it appears he has the $10,000 and won't give it back, I am not sure any error Scott has made could justify Adolfo continuing to withhold that money in good conscience. This has carried on already over many, many months - just get the dude his money back already.
It's pretty sad that you would blindly get up and defend a thief in one split second without giving a serious thought to this person you assumed you knew so well . I never commented on this thread until the two month mark past where I heard all this technical nonsense about this "transaction " there was never an excuse to ignore someone and cease communication with someone who sent you ten grand , yet you morons insisted on what a swell guy he is . I only feel sorry for Scott and I hope there is better days ahead for him . If you think me asking to come good on your word is sad , then you really are a joke .

Reaction score
It's pretty sad that you would blindly get up and defend a thief in one split second without giving a serious thought to this person you assumed you knew so well . I never commented on this thread until the two month mark past where I heard all this technical nonsense about this "transaction " there was never an excuse to ignore someone and cease communication with someone who sent you ten grand , yet you morons insisted on what a swell guy he is . I only feel sorry for Scott and I hope there is better days ahead for him . If you think me asking to come good on your word is sad , then you really are a joke .
Don't you dare use revisionist history to say that anyone "blindly" defended Adolfo at the time. At the time - AT THE TIME - Adolfo was considered a stand up guy by many who had dealt with him on big transactions, myself included. At the time - AT THE TIME - it wasn't entirely clear who was definitively in the right or the wrong, and it could have simply been that both messed up somehow. The facts were not clear.

So if it gives you any pleasure that it appears we were wrong once more facts came out (not sure 100% of the facts will ever come out), then enjoy being right.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Completely agree. At the time it was far from clear who was right and who was wrong. Good friends were on either side of the argument and there was at the time no clear view of how it would play out. Let's not argue about who took whose side and just concentrate on the fact that the truth is now clearer. No need fall out between ourselves when we finally have some kind of answer.

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score
When will you start with this on friday? In the morning? Or will you give Adolfo time till saturday morning?
I'm going to give him until close of business tomorrow. So, 5PM EST. He's had more than enough time to make this right or provide compelling evidence why he can't. But he's refused. So, 5PM tomorrow I'm banning him from every forum and group I moderate and I advise all other Admins and Mods to do the same.

Tommy

Reaction score
Just saw the FB post so came to see the response, what a mess, truly this should have been sorted out yonks ago.

Reaction score
Don't you dare use revisionist history to say that anyone "blindly" defended Adolfo at the time. At the time - AT THE TIME - Adolfo was considered a stand up guy by many who had dealt with him on big transactions, myself included. At the time - AT THE TIME - it wasn't entirely clear who was definitively in the right or the wrong, and it could have simply been that both messed up somehow. The facts were not clear.

So if it gives you any pleasure that it appears we were wrong once more facts came out (not sure 100% of the facts will ever come out), then enjoy being right.
You was blind and still is , I'm not sure who you think you are telling me " don't I dare blah blah blah " go talk to your kids like that not me . Let's see someone telling you nonsense excuses why someone has completely ignored you for two months plus after you sent them 10 grand , no clarity needed on that one , Wrong plain and simple , blind man

Last edited:
Reaction score

As you said yourself at the time it wasn't entirely clear but you was still stupid enough to place a bet that Adolfo was brilliant

Reaction score
Let's see you freely give people the benefit of the doubt when it's your ten grand . You clown

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score
Greedo1974: keep it on topic and cease immediately with the personal insults. This is my final warning on this matter.

Tommy

Reaction score
Oh the poor people that defended Adolfo who are going through so much lately after sticking up for him in his time of need and some for the entire time that this theft has gone on. And some are still making excuses for Adolfo to this day and won't come out and say exactly what most of us knew on the day the original post was made by Scott. These Adolfo defenders would also be the ones that accused and attacked some members that were sticking up for Scott and called them Racist and much much more. And then there's the poor Adolfo defenders who tried to attack Scott himself the poor guy who got ripped off for 10K and put the blame on him for this theft from Mexico. These Poor Poor Adolfo Defenders.. You know the ones who had multiple great deals with Adolfo and everything was always great and he was a great guy and a saint in the Star Wars Community! Well it looks like Adolfo was only as good as his last deal. And I hope all of you that defended Adolfo and go on defending him get put in the same scenario. Oh then I am sure you would be a completely different person once it has happened to you. And then we will see how you like having Members attack you and call you racist and more after you have been ripped off for 10K

UPDATE 2016: A forum Member has been Ripped off for 10K. Nothing has changed! Thief still has money!

Reaction score
oh the poor people that defended adolfo who are going through so much lately after sticking up for him in his time of need and some for the entire time that this theft has gone on. And some are still making excuses for adolfo to this day and won't come out and say exactly what most of us knew on the day the original post was made by scott. These adolfo defenders would also be the ones that accused and attacked some members that were sticking up for scott and called them racist and much much more. And then there's the poor adolfo defenders who tried to attack scott himself the poor guy who got ripped off for 10k and put the blame on him for this theft from mexico. These poor poor adolfo defenders.. You know the ones who had multiple great deals with adolfo and everything was always great and he was a great guy and a saint in the star wars community! Well it looks like adolfo was only as good as his last deal. And i hope all of you that defended adolfo and go on defending him get put in the same scenario. Oh then i am sure you would be a completely different person once it has happened to you. And then we will see how you like having members attack you and call you racist and more after you have been ripped off for 10k

update 2016: A forum member has been ripped off for 10k. Nothing has changed! Thief still has money!
well said !

Reaction score
Before I get burn alive , hang up or expelled from heaven , lets cut the crap and the blah blah blah here is the main event...
This are are only a few screen shots of our conversations, I have way more.... I find them quite interesting......

So I really ripped off someone??
sooooooo, who ask for more money??
So Scott didnt know about the risks of sending 10k????? .. He says I invented that story ...after reading this , anyone still thinks I invented the story?
Anyone still have a doubt what was the agreement??
After reading part of this screenshots , dont you think I could have the benefit of the doubt of doubting to send the item with no payment made??
I hasitate to give him my address , I have 2 or 3 mails giving him my address in several transactions.... Do I need to post them?
So im not allowed to enter USA or Canada?? ..Guess what??, Ive already visit the USA like 4 or 5 times and Canada 1 time , because I havent done anything wrong , as simple as that.
in one conversation he said that we should have talk abot the transaction before sending the money ( didnt post that one ) .... what he was talking about?? as everyone can read, he knew the risks and consecuences of breaking the agreement ( only to save on fees and comissions)

Ive been ask to post the IRS letter and lawsuit, im talking to my lawyer about that... that will clear even more this whole mess.

Who said I have the money?
? ...im going to quote myself...... " So here is how is going to work , If I get the money back and we don’t get the same answers as the screenshots I have of our conversations I will keep the money as a comp to my person for damages and payments , I will do a last post with all the screenshots of all our conversations to unmask the truth and I will be out of here , if your answer matches with everything I have and the truth is unveil about all this whole mess AND OF COURSE , IF I GET THE MONEY BACK, rest assure I will give it to you ( after all the fines, taxes and fees I have to pay) "

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score
Adolfo, the issue isn't what you and Scott told each other 19 months ago, the issue is what happened to the money. I don't care what the agreement was in regards to how many payments should be sent or what amounts they should be. That doesn't matter. What matters is that $10K is missing and you've posted absolutely no evidence of where the money is now. You've disappeared for months at a time and are now threatening to keep all of the money as compensation for whatever hardship it is you think you've suffered. *That's* the issue. And nothing in those PMs address that issue in the slightest.

I honestly have no dog in this fight. I don't know either you or Scott personally. But I find your lack of interest in solving this issue to be rather shocking. If you can produce paperwork or documentation of any kind which confirms your story that the money was seized, please send that paperwork to Scott so that we can all put this matter to rest and you can work together to get it refunded to him.

Tommy

Reaction score
Adolfo, the issue isn't what you and Scott told each other 19 months ago, the issue is what happened to the money. I don't care what the agreement was in regards to how many payments should be sent or what amounts they should be. That doesn't matter. What matters is that $10K is missing and you've posted absolutely no evidence of where the money is now. You've disappeared for months at a time and are now threatening to keep all of the money as compensation for whatever hardship it is you think you've suffered. *That's* the issue. And nothing in those PMs address that issue in the slightest.

I honestly have no dog in this fight. I don't know either you or Scott personally. But I find your lack of interest in solving this issue to be rather shocking. If you can produce paperwork or documentation of any kind which confirms your story that the money was seized, please send that paperwork to Scott so that we can all put this matter to rest and you can work together to get it refunded to him.

Tommy

Well , sounds quite easy .....
Intersting that you dont care if someone breaks an agreement .... you think nothing happens in real life if that happens ?? ( because this happened in real life also)

who said it was seized??? can you confirm that pls??

Tommy_Garvey

Reaction score
Well , sounds quite easy .....
Intersting that you dont care if someone breaks an agreement .... you think nothing happens in real life if that happens ?? ( because this happened in real life also)

who said it was seized??? can you confirm that pls??
Adolfo, I'm an attorney. I know what happens when (allegedly) all of the clauses of a contract aren't met by one of the parties. The result *isn't* that you get to keep it all.

If the money wasn't seized, where is it? If you don't have it, where did it go? You are the only one who can answer these questions. Until you do, the community must be protected, and you will have no place on this forum.

Tommy

Last edited:
Reaction score
Adolfo, I'm an attorney. I know what happens when (allegedly) all of the clauses of a contract aren't met by one of the parties. The result *isn't* that you get to keep it all.

If the money wasn't seized, where is it? If you don't have it, where did it go? You are the only one who can answer these questions. Until you do, the community must be protected, and you will have no place on this forum.

Tommy
So if you are a lawer Im sure you know this term ... precautory embargo .
is not a keep it all situtation... as I stated before, actually its quite simple..... Scott did a terrible mistake on a last minute call at the bank for saving him some money , he knew the consequences and come here to tell another story , ( as a lawyer im sure you know that the accounts of high ranking goverment officers have restrictions) accounts are constantly monitored for any money laundry activity or something else , now if im been "accused" of taking my time to prove everyone wrong , so be it ,im guilty, as I told you already I have the proper paper work that proves all i said in here, sadly no one seems to understands where this problem started ( as I show you and everyone else today )

Now , If you are lawyer im sure that if you were on my place you will want it all , for difamation , lost of sales, etc.,etc, .... so I think its quite fair that I will give money back to scott if he comes here and straight al this thing out ( as you know , when you get money back from a non labeled transaction or non declared income ( the current status of the money : presumed from an illegal activity ....... if I get lucky I will get it back , but it will be heavily taxed, fees, comision , fines, etc.etc

Last edited:
Reaction score
This should be a very simple and transparent issue. Adolfo, do your best to get the money back to Scott ASAP, keep him informed in a timely fashion. Ok so there's some misunderstanding and bad blood, that's all tertiary at this point. If you don't care about him, at least care about yourself and how people view you. It does not matter if Scott chose to send the money all at once, rather than in partial payments or whatever was agreed upon. You can sue him after the fact, or whatever else you want to do but you have a legal and moral responsibility to refund his purchase. The basics of the transaction are still the same, he sent you the money, he does not have the money or an item back in return. It sucks I know doing what the right thing is to do rather than what you feel you want to do or what you are "owed", but it is still the right thing to do, even if it costs you money and time. Anything else is really unacceptable.

Reaction score
Man Adolfo your a scum bag plain and simple. You STATED you will keep his money as compensation PLAIN AND SIMPLE. DIRT BAG SCAMMER......... Just give the money back, your sounding quite pathetic now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Man Adolfo your a scum bag plain and simple. You STATED you will keep his money as compensation PLAIN AND SIMPLE. DIRT BAG SCAMMER......... Just give the money back your, sounding quite pathetic now.
You should start taking reading comprehension lessons buddy, there are some if's in there......
Again.....im going to quote myself...... " So here is how is going to work , If I get the money back and we don’t get the same answers as the screenshots I have of our conversations I will keep the money as a comp to my person for damages and payments , I will do a last post with all the screenshots of all our conversations to unmask the truth and I will be out of here , if your answer matches with everything I have and the truth is unveil about all this whole mess AND OF COURSE , IF I GET THE MONEY BACK, rest assure I will give it to you ( after all the fines, taxes and fees I have to pay) "

Reaction score
You state I should take reading comprehension lessons YET you contradict yourself. You state you are going to keep his money as compensation for damages........ Then you state if you get the money you will give it back. WHICH IS IT??? You cant just keep his money and the item he paid for THATS CALLED STEALING MATE. And to top it off your bragging about it on here like its all ok. Can Scott keep your figure and his money for damages to himself from you for stress and loss of interest on the money you have had for over a year?? what would you say if someone said that to you?

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you get the money back, you must refund Scott. You don't get to keep any for "compensation".

You should start taking reading comprehension lessons buddy, there are some if's in there......
Again.....im going to quote myself...... " So here is how is going to work , If I get the money back and we don’t get the same answers as the screenshots I have of our conversations I will keep the money as a comp to my person for damages and payments , I will do a last post with all the screenshots of all our conversations to unmask the truth and I will be out of here , if your answer matches with everything I have and the truth is unveil about all this whole mess AND OF COURSE , IF I GET THE MONEY BACK, rest assure I will give it to you ( after all the fines, taxes and fees I have to pay) "

Reaction score
This should be a very simple and transparent issue. Adolfo, do your best to get the money back to Scott ASAP, keep him informed in a timely fashion. Ok so there's some misunderstanding and bad blood, that's all tertiary at this point. If you don't care about him, at least care about yourself and how people view you. It does not matter if Scott chose to send the money all at once, rather than in partial payments or whatever was agreed upon. You can sue him after the fact, or whatever else you want to do but you have a legal and moral responsibility to refund his purchase. The basics of the transaction are still the same, he sent you the money, he does not have the money or an item back in return. It sucks I know doing what the right thing is to do rather than what you feel you want to do or what you are "owed", but it is still the right thing to do, even if it costs you money and time. Anything else is really unacceptable.
Well Ross, like I told Tommy, Sounds quite easy specially
when I don't have the money as I already explained before , I wish it was that easy , , it's a matter of lawyers now, So let me try to put it this way... someone send you money for X ( anything) , and for some reason you didn't get it (any reason) and then he blames you for not getting it... you have to give him back the money???....

I think I already explained what Im going to do if I get money back, as you said it's very simple and very transparent... I totally understand the concept of the "right" thing to do in here, but I think is a shared thing.. don't you agree???

Cheers

Reaction score
If you get the money back, you must refund Scott. You don't get to keep any for "compensation".
Yes... that's what is says in there buddy, you read correctly..... if I get money back , rest assure he will get it.( like I said before, after taxes, fees, comisions and fines).... read my post that I just send you about "the right thing to do".....

Reaction score
This statement does not follow then: "If I get the money back and we don’t get the same answers as the screenshots I have of our conversations I will keep the money as a comp to my person for damages and payments , I will do a last post with all the screenshots of all our conversations to unmask the truth and I will be out of here ,"

Regardless if you're getting the answers you want from Scott, you must repay the funds.

Yes... that's what is says in there buddy, you read correctly..... if I get money back , rest assure he will get it.( like I said before, after taxes, fees, comisions and fines).... read my post that I just send you about "the right thing to do".....

Reaction score
So let me try to put it this way... someone send you money for X ( anything) , and for some reason you didn't get it (any reason) and then he blames you for not getting it... you have to give him back the money???....
I know it's a bad example as people are scammed with this policy, but if this was ebay, the answer to your question would be yes, you need to refund the money if he paid and you cannot prove it was delivered.

It seems the most people I have run into so far in this hobby feel the same way though. Spend money, don't receive the item, you have to refund them unless you have tracking to show they did indeed get it.

Reaction score
Adolfo RIPPING someone off and bragging about it on here is quite a bad example wouldnt you say.
ADOLFO can Scott keep your figure and the money as compensation?

Reaction score
You state I should take reading comprehension lessons YET you contradict yourself. You state you are going to keep his money as compensation for damages........ Then you state if you get the money you will give it back. WHICH IS IT??? You cant just keep his money and the item he paid for THATS CALLED STEALING MATE. And to top it off your bragging about it on here like its all ok. Can Scott keep your figure and his money for damages to himself from you for stress and loss of interest on the money you have had for over a year?? what would you say if someone said that to you?

let me help you out in here....going to use your post...

You state you are going to keep his money as compensation for damages IF SCOTT DOESN'T ANSWER SEVERAL QUESTIONS THAT I POSTED BEFORE.. that lead us to all this mess....NOW .. Then you state if you get the money you will give it back (yes I will do that if he comes in here and tell the truth of what happened , and I already showed everyone that he told everyone other story, so he screws it and I have to pay the price)....

it's not call theft is called difamation...

easier?

Reaction score
I ask you again can he keep your figure and his money for difiamation (as you call it) once (whats plain to see for all) you are found to have received his money and just decided to keep it and the figure. Would you be ok with that?

Reaction score
You don't get the choice to keep ANY of the money for defamation or whatever else you "feel" you are deserved. The only truths that matter are he has neither the item nor the money. There is NO "IF" when you get the money back, you simply give the money back. Do you wonder why no one is taking your side on this?

let me help you out in here....going to use your post...

You state you are going to keep his money as compensation for damages IF SCOTT DOESN'T ANSWER SEVERAL QUESTIONS THAT I POSTED BEFORE.. that lead us to all this mess....NOW .. Then you state if you get the money you will give it back (yes I will do that if he comes in here and tell the truth of what happened , and I already showed everyone that he told everyone other story, so he screws it and I have to pay the price)....

it's not call theft is called difamation...

easier?

Reaction score
You don't get the choice to keep ANY of the money for defamation or whatever else you "feel" you are deserved. The only truths that matter are he has neither the item nor the money. There is NO "IF" when you get the money back, you simply give the money back. Do you wonder why no one is taking your side on this?
This is not who is more popular, I don't blame anyone if they don't take my side (honestly I don't want anybody in my shoes)

But Really??.. you think I have to pay him back every dime even if I already have proven that he screw it and thats why I didn't get the money in the first place!!...,but you think I have to pay him back even though he knew the risk of this kind of transaction and still did it???????... So even if I dont have the money I have to pay him back because of his mistake....Really??? that's what you are saying?? he came here and told everyone another story, THIS IS A SHARED PROBLEM , bad calls from both sides, sadly is not a 30 dollars transaction buddy, this is a 10K transaction in real life where are rules and laws that are applied to money laundry and some other things going on, unfortunately this is not a sit down behind a screen transaction.

Reaction score
This is not who is more popular, I don't blame anyone if they don't take my side (honestly I don't want anybody in my shCriminals are unpopular, if you keep the money you are a criminal. You are unpopular because of your attitude thus far.

But Really??.. you think I have to pay him back every dime even if I already have proven that he screw it and thats why I didn't get the money in the first place!!..., YES

but you think I have to pay him back even though he knew the risk of this kind of transaction and still did it???????... YES So even if I dont have the money I have to pay him back because of his mistake....Really??? that's what you are saying?no, NO ONE IS SAYING THAT, he came here and told everyone another story, THIS IS A SHARED PROBLEM , bad calls from both sides, sadly is not a 30 dollars transaction buddy, this is a 10K transaction in real life where are rules and laws that are applied to money laundry and some other things going on, unfortunately this is not a sit down behind a screen transaction.
actually, it matters not if its $30 or $3000000, if you have the money, you refund the other person in full, not subtracting anything you feel is worth your "pain and suffering" in the ordeal, SHARED PROBLEM, you both have suffered and so claims against such are equal and a wash.

Reaction score
k you were talking about money back, ... I hope you don't face any situation like this, where someone puts you in trouble for no reason, facing possible federal charges is not a problem to be taken lightly, I truly understand your concern and the right thing to do in this situation...