Better Alternative For PT

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a while. Even though I have no problem with TPM it is obvious that some people don't like it at all. Well here's my proposition.

Instead of TPM, AOTC, and then ROTS it should've been either a combo of TPM and AOTC, The Clone Wars, and ROTS or AOTC(with minor changes) The Clone Wars, then ROTS. Now the Clone Wars would be pretty much the exact same thing as the cartoon but done in Live Action, extended, with minor changes.

I don't think I would include much of Season 3 unless they changed the last Episode so it wouldn't be a Matrix cliffhangar type ending. What do you think?

Reaction score
Episode 1 is'nt completely needed. But then again it is. It shows how innocent Anikin was as a child. A clone wars movie would be cool, but I think it's good the way it is.

Reaction score
CommanderRedd said:
Episode 1 is'nt completely needed. But then again it is. It shows how innocent Anikin was as a child.
That's pretty much the only reason I included Episode I. In my opinion we would've needed some Ani/Mom interaction for his first step towards the dark side (Slaughter of Tuskens) to feel right.

Reaction score
CommanderRedd said:
Episode 1 is'nt completely needed. But then again it is. It shows how innocent Anikin was as a child. A clone wars movie would be cool, but I think it's good the way it is.
by "innocent" you mean annoying, right ?

Reaction score
blaster_E11 said:
CommanderRedd said:
by "innocent" you mean annoying, right ?
They do usually go hand-in-hand.

Reaction score
CommanderRedd said:
But I think that it was a total waste!!! I have always said that AOTC should have been Episode I. ROTS should have been split into two films, with the Clone Wars and the Jedi Purge having bigger roles!!!

Had they shown that Anakin was pure even as a teenager, then to me, it would have meant more!! But the first time we see him is a impudent teen young adult!! Had we seen the great starpilot in the galaxy and a good friend in the first episode, as described in Star Wars, then it would have been a much smooter series!!!

I still would have liked Qui Gon and Darth Maul in AOTC had it began the prequels!!, no sense in wasting the ony good parts of the movie!!!

Reaction score
Oh man can you imagine if the young Anakin oart was only half of Ep 1 how much more Jedi/clone goodness we could have had

Reaction score
I know, not just more Clones, but more Jedi hunting action as well!!! Not just some montage, while done well, could have been longer and more dramatic!! Especially Aayla!!

Reaction score
Excellent idea. I love it! I'm making a graphic novel of my version of Star Wars PTs. I'll start work immediatly. Ep.I(Ep.II without politics), Ep.II(The Clone Wars), Ep.III(Jedi Tresion). No seriously.

I wonder if Lucas will change the PTs like he has the OTs in years to come.

Reaction score
Episode I is a very important part. Qui-Gon is very important to the story, one very important part for me is when he is meditating before his dismise. It is a nice tie-in with Obi-Wan in EP IV- he is preparing to become one with the force, it is great. MY favorite quote from the movie- Your focus determines your reality, see Qui-Gon was not focusing on the future, he wasn't thinking ahead he was following the will of the force and letting things happen as is, trusting the Force. Who knew that both prophesies would be true at the same time? The Sith prophesy- the chosen one will come to destroy the Jedi, the Jedi prophesy the chosen one will destroy the Sith.

Reaction score
RediNight said:
Episode I is a very important part. Qui-Gon is very important to the story,
I guess I'm saying that Anakin should not have been the kid he was, but the young adult/teen. To see him be a great teen, full of life and hopes, and none of this rebellious attitude we saw immediately in AOTC. Then his fall would have meant more, know what I mean. The gift that Padme holds in her coffin would be even that much more touching!!

Reaction score
LJ is right,

maybe if anakin had been a teen in TPM we wouldn't see so many kids posting pointless threads