Best Vintage Star Wars shops in Tokyo

Reaction score
Konnichiwa

I am travelling to Tokyo for four days at the beginning of April and really looking forward to seeing everything Tokyo has to offer. This is my first trip to Japan and I must say I'm very excited.

On my travels I'd love to check out some toy shops, especially those that will have a good range of carded vintage star wars figures, transformers and vintage game and watch nintendo games.

I'm staying in Shinjuku which I have been told is quite a good spot in itself for transportation. I would appreciate any tips or directions that you can offer.

Domo arigatou!

Brody

Reaction score
For Vintage there is not much in Tokyo. Tons of toy and model shops though. The best places are actually outside of Tokyo. Small out of the way flea markets and shops etc. Ive been there many times chasing toys for years. I have many Japanese friends that make it very easy. There is a book out now that list some toy shops but very lacking. If you don't speak the language your also doomed. At night time in some spots you'll think your in a New Blade Runner Movie. Good Luck :)

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Hello Brody,

Eat a lot of good foods and enjoy the cherry blossoms.

Please have a safe trip to Japan.

Talk to you later.

Toru

Reaction score
If it's not too late (I should check the Japan section more often):

For Star Wars stuff, you might want to check out Star Case in Koenji (20-ish minutes out on the Chuo line from Shinjuku). I was going to link to their website, but there's a recent blog with good directions here.

Not vintage stuff, but check out the Kotobukiya store in Akihabara.

Not a store, more of a bar with a limited food menu, but Kanda Flux is a nice place to pop in for an hour or two in the evening.

And for random vintage stuff, check out Nakano broadway, several floors of many different shops a short walk from Nakano station (also a short trip out on the Chuo line).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks all for your help. I got over to Broadway at Nakano and found a few items where I picked up a nice POTF Stormtrooper and ROTJ Wicket.

But apparently missed the major place to visit in Koenji. Oh well there's always next time. And I'll definitely be back. Tokyo was so intriguing to me, but there's a whole lot of Japan left to see.

Oh, and Toro-san, the Cherry Blossoms were amazing. We had a picnic out around Harajuku in the park there. Most amazing sight!

Thanks again

Brody

Reaction score
As future reference for other travellers to Tokyo, Star Case in Koenj should be the priority destination. The stuff that is in that store is amazing.
I think it's run on the same concept as some shops in Nakano Broadway and Akihabara, where sellers rent a glass display case and fill it with stuff to sell.

IKoenji is only one stop away from Nakano so iit's easy to do Star Case ad Broadway. Keep your eye on the clock if you're on a tigh schedule, as it's easy to get carried away.

I used to live in Koenji and overall it's a great place with a great punk and rock music history with plenty of vintage clothing stores and record shops, should that be your thing, too.