Best All Around Actor or Actress(OT and Prequels)

Reaction score
I thought this would be a fun poll to start. Who is the best all around actor/actress in the Original series and in the Prequels.

In the original series I will have to go with Alec Guinness.

In the Prequels I will have to go with Christopher Lee or Ian Mcdiarmid. I can't decide who I liked better.

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
OT-Han Solo ( Harrison Ford )

PT-Emperor/ Palpatine ( cant recall actors name )

Reaction score
Re: Best All Around Actor or Actress(OT and Preque

OT - Ian McDiarmid - "Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive." LOL! Awesome!!!

PT - Ewan McGregor - perfect casting for this iconic character

Reaction score

obione said:
OT - Ian McDiarmid - "Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive." LOL! Awesome!!!

PT - Ewan McGregor - perfect casting for this iconic character

That is the actors name (emperor) I had a total brain fart sorry.

Reaction score

OT - Han Solo (Harrison Ford)

PT - Does this include Clone Wars, if not then none.

Reaction score
first of all, aside from ewan, there is nothing that actually qualifies as "acting" in the prequels at all.

but my vote goes to Alec guinness and peter cushing, who i cannot believe hasnt been mentioned yet.

for the prequels, i am gonna have to go with the jawas in the podrace scene, or whatever guy played elan sleazebagano, because even showing up on set to be that character deserves some kudos.

i will also give props to my best friend's girlfriend's best friend Michonne Bourriague who played Aurra Sing. She did an amazing job turning her head in phantom menace. better than anything jake lloyd or that schindler's list guy did.

Reaction score

dylbacca said:
for the prequels, i am gonna have to go with the jawas in the podrace scene, or whatever guy played elan sleazebagano, because even showing up on set to be that character deserves some kudos.
LOL!

PT: But hey, what about the actor who played the Tusken who did the "urrr! urrr! urrrr! Urrrrrr!" after shooting the pod at the podrace! Man that guy is someone who sticks to his guns! No jumping on the band wagon for him! He's his own man! Sure, by the time he tries to clobber Luke with his good ol' "urrr, urrr!" all the Tusken hipsters are going "Ooo! Ooo! Dannnnnnngzttttt!" but he doesn't go for trends and still always gets his man! The lesson for kids out there is you're only as good as your convictions I suppose. Nicely played, sir!

OT: "Look sir, droids!" Left everyone around him speechless. No choice but to wipe to the next scene.

(Seriously: PT: Ewan ...predictably, OT: Mark Hamill. Honest! I mean give the guy credit for being able to play that character so earnestly. Wimpy kid with unrealistic dreams and a penchant for finding ways of whining about almost anything and he still becomes a hero and takes Vader down with a believable amount of emotional involvement, not everyone could have done it. I think by comparison, as much as I loved his performance, Ford had it easy.)

Reaction score
OT Alec Guiness (believability / credibility)
OT Runner up Mark Hamil (versatility)

PT Ewan Mcgregor (believability / credibility)
PT Runner up Christopher Lee (believability / credibility)

Reaction score
OT-Hamill hands down.
1) As mentioned, he nailed the naivety of Farmboy to Hero (on purpose or dumb luck, not sure, but I bought it).
2) He carried ESB, literally acting with a puppet for 1/2 the movie (props to Frank Oz doing his part)
3) Transforms to this confident,responsible Jedi Knight.

His character may be one of the only ones that actually evolves over the 3 movies. Han starts out as this cocky, carefree pilot, ends up a softie (for a chick!pfft). Leia starts out as this tough, win at all costs Senator/leader of the Rebellion to damsel in distress. Kenobi/Guiness was great in SW, but that's only one out of the three and the spirit stuff was only OK.
No need to pile on about the other characters analogies. They were said have kiddingly. I know 1/2 of what is crap is the directors directions, not the acting ability of the cast, who at the end of the day, ALL did alright for themselves. I just spun it to justify my pick

PT-whatever...pick one. Not even Ewan saved those, but again, it was probably director related. I did feel his pain in ROTS at the end though. So upset Anakin turned and with his "failure". Loved that! Very moving.

Reaction score

I'd narrow it down to movie.

TPM: Liam Neeson, far and away.
AOTC: Christopher Lee.
ROTS: Ian McDiarmid.
ANH: Alec Guinness
ESB: Harrison Ford.
ROTJ: Ian McDiarmid.

and from the Clone Wars TV series: Dee Bradley Baker.

Reaction score

The great Peter Cushing.

Can't think of a good PT performance!

Reaction score

This is a hard one. I can't really pick my favorite one from each trilogy, I'll pick my top ten favorite performances from the whole saga. In no particular order:

Hayden Christensen, Christopher Lee, Ewan McGregor, Liam Neeson, Pernilla August, Mark Hamill, Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness, Ian McDiarmid, Temuera Morrison.

Reaction score

This is too easy.

OT - Harrison Ford
PT - Liam Neeson

Cliff

(What a wonderful smell you've discovered)

Reaction score
Harrison Ford in the OT.

Despite having some talented people, I'm going to have go with a vote of no confidence for the prequels.

Reaction score
OT - Anthony Daniels and James Earl Jones for voice alone. Wouldn't have been the same movies without them
Prequels - I'd say Ray Park

Reaction score

Boba_T said:
OT: Peter Cushing
PT: ILM
LOL!!! Nice one! I wish I'd thought of that!!!

Reaction score

OT : Harrison Ford
PT: Christopher Lee

Reaction score
Are we talking about best All-Around actor/actress based on their work in the movies, or best All-Around actor to appear in the OT & PT movies?

If it’s based solely on appearance, then certain one would have to consider the likes of veteran actors Oliver Ford Davies, Terence Stamp, Brian Blessed, Julian Glover, Jimmy Smits and Treat Williams -- not to mention future stars Keira Knightley, Dominic West and Rose Byrne.

Overall there have been some fantastic actors to appear in the movies, but that doesn’t necessarily translate into great performances.

Tough to call.

Reaction score
TPM: Pernilla August/Liam Neeson (couldn't decide)
AOTC: Christopher Lee
ROTS: Bruce Spence (too bad he only had about two minutes)
ANH: Peter Cushing
ESB: Kenneth Colley
ROTJ: Mark Hamill

Reaction score
TPM: The guy who played Naboo security #4
AOTC: centipedes of death
ROTS: Lucas's Daughter's
ANH: Porkins
ESB: Frank Oz
ROTJ: voice of torture droid

Reaction score
OT: Alec Guiness, Peter Cushing, Harrison Ford &