Bespin Wave! - Bespin Leia, Cloud Car Pilot, Lobot and more....

Reaction score
Re: Bespin Wave! - Bespin Leia, Cloud Car Pilot, L

I still like the old one, though I can't wait to get this new figure.

P.S.: The Rebelscum Photo Archives are making almost any figure look crappy.

Reaction score
I think the new Leia looks great, they did a great job with the detail of the gown.

Reaction score
Me too. The gown detailing is great. I was never a fan of the old one, so I'm glad they redid this one.

GNT

Reaction score
The old Leia looks fugly next to the new one but I suppose when you compare an old vs new, the new version is more likely to be better.

While the new Leia is pretty good her only downfall her legs are uselss due to her cape and skirt

GNT

Reaction score
An interesting bit on the Cloud Car Pilot figure

Cloud City also has the figures in stock if anyone wants them now.

Reaction score
I really like all 3 of these figures. Got to like Lobot's detacheable head thingy! I think the new Leia is about a hundred times better than the POTF Leia. I never did like that one all that much. I'm glad to see a new one. However, that Cloud Car figure is the schizz. I love that thing. It may be the figure of the year for me. Other than the VOTCs.

GNT

Reaction score
Anybody here found this wave yet? They are showing up here in OZ at the moment. Sweet.

GNT

Reaction score
GH posted a review on the Lobot figure.

How freaky is Lobot without the headpiece on...check out the image here

Also another point of interest is the viewscreen part on the laptop changed from the prototype to what came packaged.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Found them yesterday! I had to get 2 Lobots for 2 separate scenes; I love that figure. Leia is nicer than the last version, but I couldn't help feeling cheated at the price for the size of the figure (and lack of extras or articulation). If you put this figure up to a McFarlane Alien figure or something, you gotta wonder why you get so little plastic for $5 as opposed to the $8 or $9 with a lot of articulation in the McFarlane (or other companies) stuff.

GNT

Reaction score
Got the wave a week ago, great wave -

Lobot makes up for disco Lobot and his laptop is sweet for it's scale

CCP - Lot's of articulation hopefully so he'd fit in a Cloud Car that Hasbro is making for us
Nice to see dull characters get heaps of articulation.

Leia well IMO is the worst of the bunch, just a statue and doesn't really look like Leia. Thankfully the 2 above saved this wave.

Reaction score
Re: Bespin Wave! - Bespin Leia, Cloud Car Pilot, L

I had the Cloud Car Pilot for a little while now, but I finally got a double to open up, and I have to say this figure is damn nice. The sculpt is fantastic and the articulation goes above and beyond when compared to what we've been getting lately. So many nice little touches, like the way the communicator clips onto his belt and the removable helmet.

It's almost a shame he's such an obscure character, because this is one gorgeous figure. Beautiful backdrop on the packaging too.

Reaction score
Old baldy's still hanging out at the Rite-Aid in Wintersville, OH (around the corner from the mall). His card was slightly dusty, and his peg said he was $11.49!

GNT

Reaction score
He pegwarmed for ages here, sadly not as long as your local store!

Reaction score
Seeing this thread revived reminds me that I'm an idiot for passing on that great cloud car pilot. That leia sucks though. She's far too small

Reaction score
I got all of these OT Collection ESB figures when they came out in 2003/2004. Thoughts on these:

- Leia Bespin: Alright figure, but I agree this is too small, and is somewhat inferior to the late '90's two-pack of Leia Bespin and Han Bespin - I liked the cloth gown that came with the two-pack figure - and, this was missing from this OT Collection release. That being said, there hasn't been a definitive version of this figure yet. To make it better, it would need a better gown, combining the cloth of the two-pack & the plastic vintage one, which had a great design. I'm fairly certain that this can be done with today's technology, but am not sure something like this will ever come out.

- Cloud Car Pilot: Best figure in this wave, and a great update to the vintage CC Pilot.

- Lobot: Great figure - I like the neutral pose, and because of this find it superior to the 1998 version.

Reaction score
The Cloud Car pilot still holds up really well. Lobot though I think is in need of an upgrade.

Reaction score
ESB is my favorite film in the Saga, and I really enjoy the Bespin sequence.

I feel the Lobot in this wave is one of the best figures in the modern line - great rendition of the character, and I also feel it's one of the most underrated figures out there. You don't hear much about it these days....

The Cloud Car pilot in this wave is fantastic as well - articulated legs & great accessories: removable hat/helmet, laser gun & holster, and communicator - excellent.

Don't like the Leia Bespin in this wave that much, however - she is way too small...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Personally, I like the OTC Bespin Leia figure better than the VC version.
i actually love both versions of Bespin Leia as well as the Princess Leia Collection Bespin Leia...of coourse I'm biased as Leia is my favorite character from the OT.

the PC Bespin Leia was great for the time that it came out with the real lace outer robe and real hair braids. i remember being very surprised by these figures as I thought these were going to be all girly sorta Polly Pocket figures but Kenner did a great job.

Saga Bespin Leia - since we really only see ouor space princess in the dress for a few short minutes of screen time (and let's face it the majority of the time she is standing in the entrance way of the dining hall) I thought the figure was great. the look was amazing, the detailing was superb and she was a great update of the PC version. true she was basically a salt/pepper shaker but really that's all i needed her to do was stand next to my POTJ Bespin Han Solo and look surprised to see Vader at the end of the table.

VC Bespin Leia - this was in my opinion the definative Princess Leia Bespin Gown. finally had a great figure with SA, beautiful details in the outfit and in my opinion one of the best Carrie Fisher likeness to date. plus the ultimate treat was that the figure came on both a classic Kenner styled Vintage cardback (profile pic - wish there was a chase variant of the ROTJ card with the full portrait) as well as the Lost Look card design (was lucky to get the case with both from BBTS).

i'd be more then satisfied if Hasbro did not release any more of the Bespin Gown Leia in the future as I truly believe the VC version is by far the best... now if Hasbro would just focus on giving us the definative versions of Ceremony, Ewok, and my favorite Bespin Escape.