Bespin Wave! - Bespin Leia, Cloud Car Pilot, Lobot and more....

Reaction score
I can't believe nobody is noticing the inaccuracy of the Cloud Car Pilot. I realize it may be too late production wise to stop, but at least Hasbro should correct some of the paint options before the Cloud Car Pilot ships. The wide band on his helmet should be white, not soft yellow! Also, his gloves (and probably boots, too) should be the orange color like the helmet.
I can tell Hasbro used the archive sketches mostly for this sculpt as it looks too close to the vintage Kenner pilot. Here is a more accurate version in tailoring from the Custom Alliance website
http://www.thecustomalliance.com/krasowski/sk-twinpod.asp
Only the actual prop model pilot used in the cockpit in the Empire Strikes Back should be considered for reference on this figure. Although, the prop was only crafted from the torso, up. See the back of card # 83 from the ESB Topps Widevision trading card set and the vehicle photos in the Art of the ESB book.

GNT

Reaction score
Well we really only saw his head in the film so in my opinion it doesn't really matter what the body looks like he could have a tail for all I care, provided it's articulated
They did a nice job.

Reaction score
I started reading this thread after being away a couple days and after the little ruckuss up there with OC and GNT and the others I realized what was bothering me about this 83 post thread: GNT and Durge account for half of it. GNT alone has posted 30 times. It's just spammed to death, and a moderator is responsible for it. It's really hard to read GNT.

Bespin rocks the whole party.

GNT

Reaction score
Latest case assortment fom GH:

Let's begin this seance with the case breakdown for the Bespin Wave coming this summer (July).

2x Cloud Car Pilot
2x Lobot
2x Princess Leia (Bespin)

1x R2-D2 (HOF)
1x C-3PO (HOF)
1x Boba Fett (Carkoon)
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi ( POTJ)
1x Stormtrooper (HOF)
1x Wicket (Freeze Frame)

Thankgod they are being packed at least 2 per case. Knowing Hasbro they'd have packed them 1 per case and the other figures 2 to a case.

Reaction score
Wow. That case assortment sucks. I wish they'd stop with the rehashes.

GNT

Reaction score
Don't forget the 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (POTJ) and 1x Wicket (Freeze Frame) which should be the upcoming OTC figures.

Reaction score
Until they have every Cantina alien, Droid or Denizen of Jabbas palace, I wish they would stop all these repacks.

Oh yeah, and the Ice Cream Maker Guy.

[ 03-07-2004, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: rushmore223 ]

Reaction score
I don't get it there are so many other figures never released from AOTC. These rehashes are getting ridiculous.

GNT

Reaction score
We've got some nice hi resolution photos of the upcoming Bespin themed wave for Hasbro's Original Trilogy Collection. The wave includes all new and highly improved sculpts of Princess Leia Bespin, Lobot, and Cloud Car Pilot (including a shot with helmet off). This wave is expected to be released in July and carded in the new black/silver OTC packaging.
<font size="2" face="arial">Galactichunter has a few new images of this wave so Check them out by clicking the link.

The Cloud Car pilot has a removable helmet!

[ 03-07-2004, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Bounty Hunter GNT ]

Reaction score
The Leia face sculpt is great. I also like the Cloud Car pilots removeable helmet! Lobot is pretty nice also. I think this will be the best wave of 2004.

[ 03-07-2004, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Durge ]

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Man, Lobot looks like a real human in that shot! What an incredible sculpt...

GNT

Reaction score
Just as long as the final production pieces of the toy line look just as good as the figure seen in the picture then I'll be happy. Knowing Hasbro they'll find someway to screw him up
but otherwise a nce articulated figure thats a huge improvement over the last version.

Yeah Leias head looks pretty good, I think they should have used cloth for her so thet she could move but is still nice looking.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
Just as long as the final production pieces of the toy line look just as good as the figure seen in the picture then I'll be happy.
<font size="2" face="arial">Hey, I was thinking the same thing after reading his post. I really hope Hasbro doesn't screw this wave up.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Habs98:
I don't get it there are so many other figures never released from AOTC. These rehashes are getting ridiculous.
<font size="2" face="arial">GAH. It's NOT RIDICULOUS. These will NOT pegwarm, trust me. People will buy them, don't worry.

As far as the Bespin figs go:

Lobot...well, he's better than the last one. I'm not crazy about his arm pose. That's the type of articulation I like the least, cos it never quite looks right.

Leia looks good--Unfortunately probably a salt-shaker figure. Still, nice-looking.

Cloud Car Pilot: outstanding
I love the detail on his jumpsuit

[ 03-07-2004, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Imrahil2001 ]

GNT

Reaction score
GH had the pictures yesterday as posted above but now the mighty rebelscum has the pictures up for viewing, check them out!

Reaction score
it's clear after seeing these newest pictures that i'm gonna buy the cloud car pilot.

Reaction score
Ahhhh. Plastic gowns and unobtrusive articulation. I love 'em!!! I can't say the same for the VOTC line.

GNT

Reaction score
C'mon T-Bone, the VOTC line has some of the best versions of Star Wars figures so far..Darth Vader for example.

Reaction score
That Cloud Car Pilot looks awesome (Leia and lobot too), i hope it won't take too long before Hasbro release the Cloud Car and that it won't be a rehashed mold like OTC X-Wing, Tie and Falcon.

GNT

Reaction score
Some proto pictures on ebay, both loose Front and Back. Maybe abit more articulation in the arms but a good figure overall.

Reaction score
If we are seeing a CC pilot proto now, that is good news. Here's hoping that these will be available soon.

Reaction score
Cloud Car Pilot: Definitely! Hasn't been addressed since the vintage line!

Bespin Leia: Probably. No single-carded one since the vintage line.

Lobot: Maybe. There WAS one in POTF2, but the new one sure looks snazzy. A 12" would be MORE welcome.

Reaction score
Cloud Car Pilot is a must for my collection. The vintage figure was one of my favourites as a boy and I've had to wait 22/23 years for a new one. I am a carded collector but I will get 2 of these.

I completely discounted the Bespin Leia from the Princess Leia Collection because it is so awful, so I more than welcome a new Leia Bespin.

I will buy the new Lobot but I'd rather have had a re-painted R-3PO and call it E-3PO, or a new Bespin Guard.

Reaction score
Not interested in Bespin Leia, Lobot & CC pilot.
Would rather see a corrected Bespin Security guard (jacket zipped up) than the above three.

GNT

Reaction score
Now that carded pictures are showing up of the other figures it shouldn't be that long before we see carded shots of Bespin Leia, Cloud Car Pilot and Lobot.

Reaction score
Bounty_Hunter_GNT said:
Now that carded pictures are showing up of the other figures it shouldn't be that long before we see carded shots of Bespin Leia, Cloud Car Pilot and Lobot.

Ok... I'm still not understanding why it was necessary to bump this...

GNT

Reaction score
Bounty_Hunter_GNT said:
It didn't take long GH has some carded pictures up now... Right here. Thoughts on them?

Reaction score
That Lobot looks like one cool customer. The carded shots are ok for him, but the Cloud Car Pilot isn't so attractive. Maybe I just don't like the color scheme in the pictures. I'm still getting him though.

Reaction score
I like the back of the cloud car pilot card. It shows the figure sitting inside the cloud car vehicle.

Reaction score
Looks like they opted to go with clear-lenses for the goggles on the helmet, rather than the black/smoke? color on the prototype. Count me in for at least 2 of the CC pilot.

Reaction score
Once again, I must say how much I adore these cards. They're really, really cool.

But what the hell is that thing Lobot's holding? It looks like a drinks tray...

Reaction score

Not a drink tray, but a station management unit. It's a little laptop-like unit from which Lobot can control certain functions of the gas station.

Reaction score
In the rebelscum photo, it COULD pass for a drink tray! Heh-heh! Seriously, both these figs. are kickin'! And on my Hunt list!

GNT

Reaction score
Both Figures are a must have.

The Lobot card is abit dull with just the white background but still nice.

The Cloud Car pilot card is excellent! The oranges help make the figure and packaging stand out, some great work by Hasbro! Nicest packaging so far!

Reaction score
As much as I complained about the OTC being a bunch of rehashes, the cardbacks are phenominal. I just might break down and buy them all. Lobot and Leia are awesome. Can't wait to see all of them.

GNT

Reaction score
Because you'll get them alot cheaper from going to stores then paying $20.49 for the CCP and $10 for Lobot on Ebay