Bespin Wave! - Bespin Leia, Cloud Car Pilot, Lobot and more....

Reaction score
As far as vehicles go, we know that we are getting Red Five (X-Wing) and HOPEFULLY a sandcrawler. Keep your fingers crossed!

[ 01-03-2004, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Durge ]

GNT

Reaction score
Ahh yes the new X-Wing and possible sandcrawler that seems to be on hold forever...

I guess it's good from a certain point they are releasing the cloud car pilot seperatly mainly because it will be made of better materials and the sculpting will be much better, allow people to buy as many as they want and if a cloud car was ever released chances are it would only come with a pilot. ***fingers crossed***

But I'm so happy that we'll finally see a Bespin Leia, one of my favourite vintage figures done with todays sculpting and detailing

G

Maybe Hasbro could reissue the old POTJ lando or slightly retool him with added articulation.

They could probably give him a molded cape too, maybe make it removable, since he wasn't wearing it when he was in this pose.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Puppetboy:
Maybe Hasbro could reissue the old POTJ lando or slightly retool him with added articulation.

They could probably give him a molded cape too, maybe make it removable, since he wasn't wearing it when he was in this pose.
<font size="2" face="arial">i would hope not. unless someone missed out on the potj version the first time, i'd prefer a whole new sculpt. the potj one was a great likeness and the cape was the best cloth goods ever. but, the figure was too short and not to scale.

besides save the rehashes for the hall of fame assortment and the quickly becoming bad tru 4-packs

G

I agree about his cape being one of the best soft goods, although i perfer molded capes. Actually this figure should've been two separate figures.
One bespin lando, should be neutral posed with a cape and no blaser.The other should be posed like the bespin escape land, no cape and should include a blaster.

GNT

Reaction score
Once he went cloth he ain't going back. So thats why I'm hoping the new Bespin Leia will be cloth, they did an excellent job on Lando's cape so there is no need not to do it for Leia.

Does anyone think Habro will pull out some surprises for this wave?

GNT

Reaction score

Now if a Lando figure such as the Lando figure above (who we should see a slght reissue of) can have some time and energy devoted into a detailed cape theres no reason why no other figures espicially Leia could have a dress with some incredible detailing.

This wave is one of the better line ups for next year a new pilot never been made in the current line, Lobot who is going to be inproved and Leia who is going to be issued in the basic line with hopefully a decent scuplt, I hope Hasbro adds another another figure into the mix, everyone happy about the line up of this wave so far?

GNT

Reaction score
From the front page just abit more confirmation on this wave...

New Waves Of Basic Figures

Stéphane: We know that Hasbro are releasing theme waves and they have already announced Hoth, Jabba's Palace, Tatooine and the Star Destroyer figures. A reliable source form within the toy industry has informed us that future 2004 waves will include Battle of Endor, Dagobah, Bespin and Episode 2 senate themes. More details as we receive them.

Reaction score
Why does the thread title keep changing Gregg, that goes against the rules you set down. Time to lock this thread...

In future please stick to a topic when it's started IE if you post about say a new "Death Star Luke" figure then stick to it and it may stay around much longer. But when you change the thread into say "Death Star Luke figure and EU KOTOR figures" and theres already a thread on it (and you clearly know their is one) then the thread isn't serving it's original purpose and becomes off topic. Also search for any already opened threads that are discussing the subject you wish to post about because 80% time their is already something posted on a subject somewhere in here.
<font size="2" face="arial">Stick to Lobot, Leia and Cloud Car Pilot, there is no more, there are other threads for that discussion. You make the rules, you have to live by them sorry

Reaction score
Why don't you add something constructive OldCock instead of padding your post count with whining and complaining? I think the person with the most "off topic" posts on this thread is YOU pal. Get a life.

For me I would like to see a new Bespin Leia with a MUCH better face sculpt than the two pack one came with.

As for Lobot - he needs to have a neutral, subserviant, dull pose - because he's just too cool to breakout in a sweat - an unleashed version could maybe show him grooving to some tunes on his cybernetic implant.

A cloud car pilot would be nice - and like some have said - a new Cloud Car to go with it

[ 01-12-2004, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Rik Biel ]

GNT

Reaction score
I agree with you Rik Biel, Lobot needs to be in a neutral dull pose which will make this figure superior to the previous version, can Hasbro pull it off? I'm sure they can since we say pictures of General Madine and Lando in the Battle Of Endor wave which I hope Lobot has the same stance and detail of accuracy.

On a side note Jay Shepard, got to visit the Lucasfilm archieves can be seen wearing the Lobot headgear, man that would have been cool to try on
So Hasbro has no excuse to get the detailing wrong since we know it still exists

Hopefully we get some pictures soon *sigh*

Reaction score
I wanna see a new Lobot too! THey need to make another one; a good one! I would love some more Bespin, Hoth, and Tatooine figures.

G

it is a shame that we dont have a new ugnaught in this so called bespin wave , but I am glad for what reissues we are getting ,

GNT

Reaction score
Don't want to see figures from any PT location IndianaVader?

We can always hope for a new ugnaughts, I dig them plus we could use some that have articulation in the legs but I don't think anyone here really wants or even likes the ugnaughts.

Reaction score
I like ugnaughts, but I think the ones we have are great. They don't -need- articulation in the legs.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Imrahil2001:
I like ugnaughts, but I think the ones we have are great. They don't -need- articulation in the legs.
<font size="2" face="arial">They do if they're going to commandeer that Twin Pod Cloud Car. Mischievous devils.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Rik Biel:
Why don't you add something constructive OldCock instead of padding your post count with whining and complaining? I think the person with the most "off topic" posts on this thread is YOU pal. Get a life.
<font size="2" face="arial">Wow, this Rik Biel guy comes in and in a none-too-subtle manner calls Old Cocky a **** - then basically calls him a post padder and a cry baby (aka whiner) and finishes up by telling him to get a life...

Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
I agree with you Rik Biel,
<font size="2" face="arial">Then Greggggg agrees.

Amazing.

Edit: In the interest of remaining on topic I'll add that Bespin rules!

[ 01-29-2004, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Kneel Before Zod ]

Reaction score
Reaction score
And in one of the threads, I posted something slightly off topic (although it was in line with what was being discussed at the time) and he deleted my post - without warning or asking me to change it, which I would have done happily. I didn't do anything offensive - I was just off topic by posting a picture of uncle jesse from everybody's favorite show Full House - and BAM, it just disappears.

Looks like 'suspect moderating' might very well apply.

Too bad rebelscum doesn't just let topics evolve, instead letting them die after 20 posts when there is nothing more to say on the particular item that is word for word in the thread title.

Of course, this thread will be the next to go - as it voices dissent.

[ 01-29-2004, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Kneel Before Zod ]

Reaction score
Its all part of Gregg's elaborate plan to make our lives as boring as his.

I agree, topics should be able to evolve. This place is for entertainment purposes. Its not our jobs. If the topic changes a bit, so what? Are you creating a jedi archive of opinions here? The anal approach basically sucks all the fun out of these forums.

And this monopoly on forum topics is very, very sad.

Go Bespin.

[ 01-29-2004, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: LandotheScoundrel ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by Kneel Before Zod:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Rik Biel:
<font size="2" face="arial">Wow, this Rik Biel guy comes in and in a none-too-subtle manner calls Old Cocky a **** - then basically calls him a post padder and a cry baby (aka whiner) and finishes up by telling him to get a life...

I agree with you Rik Biel,
<font size="2" face="arial">Then Greggggg agrees.

Amazing.

Edit: In the interest of remaining on topic I'll add that Bespin rules!
</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">And this post is almost too funny...

I guess Rik Biel is a new guy!

Too bad we won't be getting that snaggletooth-headed Bespin citizen in the Bespin wave.

[ 01-29-2004, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: LandotheScoundrel ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by LandotheScoundrel:
And this post is almost too funny...

I guess Rik Biel is a new guy!
<font size="2" face="arial">A new guy getting a suprising amount of slack.

But on another note, make sure to be careful - you forgot to add something about Bespin to your post to keep it off the mod-radar!

And the mod-radar would make an excellent addition to the b-e-s-p-i-n w-a-v-e.

(see how easy it is?
)

Reaction score
Originally posted by LandotheScoundrel:
Its all part of Gregg's elaborate plan to make our lives as boring as his.
<font size="2" face="arial">NO! That's not true, that's impossible!

Oh wait, you're probably correct.

GNT

Reaction score
Zod you seemed to cut off the rest of my sentence you seem to be quoting so here it is for those that don't want to go back up the page:

I agree with you Rik Biel, Lobot needs to be in a neutral dull pose which will make this figure superior to the previous version
<font size="2" face="arial">2nd in that thread everyone was warned to stay on topic however you still continued to post off topic after the warning message was posted making the topic go off topic yet again. Your free to still reply to the topic and have your say as long it isn't off topic.

If don't want to talk about the Bespin Wave please don't make a post, this thread was going pretty fine beforehand.

Oh and no pictures or details from the UK Toy Fair so I guess Hasbro is saving the new stuff for the US Toy Fair in a few weeks time.

GNT

Reaction score

Thoughts?

[ 02-13-2004, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Bounty Hunter GNT ]

GNT

Reaction score

Looks like a huge improvement with the main dress sculpted this time around,plastic cape *errr* but nice, she looks like frankenstein with elbow joints.

Reaction score
so much for the Bespin Vader(CD ROM). If we don't get it with wave 2 of those Target glasses, I bet we won't get it at all.

GNT

Reaction score
Since painted samples have been showing up I'm sure it'll be released at some point in the future (I think it looks butt ugly and should never be released with todays figures). It'll probably pop up in the 2nd wave as you said.

Reaction score
Things are looking up GNT finally admitting a sculpted plastic robe "looks nice"

GNT

Reaction score
The dress part looks better when compared to the older version but I still would have liked a cloth white cape.

From looking at the picture it looks like Leias white cape thing is moulded onto the normal clothes underneath since I can see paint on the white part and no seperation in the clothes hence no waist articulation (I hope not but thats what it looks like
) which means the only thing you can really do with the figure is move the shoulders,elbos and head. The legs are going to be restricted in the plastic cage and won't move much at all. I can see alot of people complaining about how little articulation she has.

Cloth might have better choice then she might have been able to sit *sigh*

Reaction score
Lobot's colors look a bit pale, but the Leia & Cloud Car Pilot look great. My only question... are we EVER going to get the Cloud Car for him to pilot

GNT

Reaction score
We'll know in a day or 2. It does seem weird that the Cloud Car Pilot does have articulation in the knees while Lando doesn't. I think this an indicator that one might be on the way

Reaction score
The new figures are nice, but I'm not too impressed. But I'm sure these are just proto pics and the final product will be much better...

THj

Reaction score
I've always loved Lobot for some reason, so I'm always glad to see a new sculpt for him. Leia looks pretty nice too I think; I'm most excited over the Cloud Car Pilot. This is one COOL looking figure. With the comlink and holster-able blaster, I think this is also a very nice 'tweak' on the vintage design. Looks a heckofa lot better than the EU conceptual CCP from a few years back with the concept Cloud Car.
I'm really looking forward to this one.
The only one figure I think would have been great to see in this line that could have kinda sealed the wave would be a nice neutral/super poseable CC Boba Fett. With the nice new, big bubbles on the cards they could even have thrown in a nice Han Carbonite Block... maybe Toyfair will reveal a few surprises...

THj

G

I grow tired of asking this...why do figures need articulated knees to fit in vintage vehicles?

I'm all for the articulation on the CCP. In fact, all figs should have knee articulation. However, knee articulation has nothing to do with being able to fit in the vehicles. The vehicles were all designed for figures to fit in them with their legs straight!!

Reaction score
That's true.

I'm happy he has articulation though, but it's not "necessary" for the ship he's in since it was pretty spacious inside for figures. I remember my vinty's flopping around in it.

Anyway, he's cooler with the knee articulation. I think I'll do a diorama of the rec room on Bespin, and have a couple CCP's having a drink at a table.

GNT

Reaction score
Well he didn't need a gun, holster or comlink but we still got them. It makes the figure more enjoyable espicially since it can be used as an army builder on Bespin shooting at the Stormtroopers.

Does anyone think the cloud car pilots helmet could be removable? It doesn't to me but what does everyone think?

No love for Lobot?