Bespin Wave! - Bespin Leia, Cloud Car Pilot, Lobot and more....

GNT

Reaction score

Well now that we know what figures are in the Star Destroyer Wave with a total suprise of a new Bossk that has to mean that Leia - Bespin Gown, Cloud Car Pilot and Lobot must be in a Bespin wave or similar for the moment with the possible Unreleased CD Vader figure made in the Bespin or HOF wave. Originally when we knew of just Admiral Ozzel and Dengar it would have been pointless to give a couple of figures a whole new themed wave when Hasbro could have given us them with the Bespin Figures but now it looks like they'll come seperate, to tell the truth i don't really care as long as we see them made which is the main thing right?

If the unreleased CD Vader isn't released in this bunch of figures this could leave room for 2 more figures cause I'm sure Hasbro wouldn't have only 3 figures to a case so maybe a couple older/newer figures in the SD wave. Maybe if Hasbro doesn't want to create a Dagobah wave were we might get the talked about Dagobah R2-D2(But highly unlikely).So Maybe Hasbro will pack a couple "Hall Of Fame" figures or carded reissues into the case with 3 new figures but we will see in time.

Anyway I'd rather keep the Star Destroyer Wave thread strickly about the new Admiral Ozzel, Dengar and Bossk. So post any thoughts about the upcoming rumoured Leia - Bespin Gown, Cloud Car Pilot and Lobot here.

There has been talk they we'll see the upcoming Unreleased CD Vader figure released in 04 so does anyone really want to see it made? I think it was sculpted during the POTJ era so by todays standards it doesn't share all the current points of articulation that most figures have these days. Who will buy this posed statue if released at all?

Thoughts?

Whats The Best Saga Figure!
Posed Figures and YOU: Whats Better?
The Rappertunie Thread

[ 02-13-2004, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Bounty Hunter GNT ]

GNT

Reaction score
At some point we are going to get the Unreleased CD Vader but does anybody actually want it? With the figures we are getting now it's just a really bad POTJ figure with like 5 or so points of articulation, a new version with ball joint shoulders would be much much better.

GNT

Reaction score
This is a picture of the never produced Vader that will either come out in the Bespin Wave (buff figure with possibly articulated figures) or the Hall of fame figures (the more likly choice)

Next they need to make the cloud car for the cloud pilot

Reaction score
Thats a pretty bad Vader, I hope Hasbro doesn't release it or if they do do some serious retooling like they did with Luke Bespin Duel.

I think the next wave will be a Endor themed wave but the one after could very well be a bespin but my money is on the Death Star Wave followed by a Bespin Wave then maybe the dagobah wave.

I wonder if we will get any prequel figures next year ?

GNT

Reaction score
It was mentioned somewhere that we were getting celebation Padme and Pablo jill and a couple others but I guess we need abit more confirmation on them.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
It was mentioned somewhere that we were getting celebation Padme and Pablo jill and a couple others but I guess we need abit more confirmation on them.
<font size="2" face="arial">True I forgot about those two figures. I am sure we will be getting them at some point next year.

GNT

Reaction score
Yeah stylie_steve, I'm sure well get them at some point:)

In case everyone missed it, the following list was posted on that french site which had the following listed, it's not as big as theBattle for Endor list but still news none the less.

Bespin Wave

E-3po - Bespin Protocol Droid
Leia Bespin gown - Bespin
Cloud Car Pilot - Bespin
Lobot - Bespin

Lobot, Cloud Car Pilot and Bespin Leia are figures that we've heard about before but I don't think there has been a mention of E-3po as pictured here being made, I guess all Hasbro has to do is use an already existing C-3po mould possibly the R-3po mould with new arms and a new colour and bam - new figure ready to be sold if they decide to produce this droid at all. Would E-3po be a good choice to be made?

Reaction score
Originally posted by Carnor Jax:
Yes these are cool but when are we going to get some pics of these figs???

<font size="2" face="arial">Not soon enough. I don't like all this "hidey hidey" stuff Hasbro is pulling. They're toys for God sake.

GNT

Reaction score
Probably next month unless images find their way onto the net or Hasbro feels really nice and decides to show us, this month we are meant to be see the Star Destroyer Wave but still no signs of them yet, this wave shouldn't be to far behind.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Carnor Jax:
Hopefully by the end of the month but you know Hasbro...
<font size="2" face="arial">We certainly do, so it'll be a while.

Reaction score
It doesn't look like he is blocking a blast but rather just holding on to it.

Reaction score
They should just make an SA Vader, and leave him alone. How many Vaders do we need. The ESB and ROTJ ones were almost identical.

Reaction score
That'd be kinda cool. Make an SA vader in scale with the other figures (read: big), and then just keep him out in those "Hall of Fame" assortments.

And give him some cloth capes!

I'd be down with that.

GNT

Reaction score
You'd think that alot of people would actually be excited about a Leia - Bespin Gown, Lobot and a Cloud Car Pilot.

Does anyone else thing Hasbro will just reuse Bespin Gown Leia or make a whole new sculpt?

Reaction score

Does anyone else thing Hasbro will just reuse Bespin Gown Leia or make a whole new sculpt?
<font size="2" face="arial">I really hope they totally redo Leia because her face sculpt is not that good. The body doesn't look like it should either. The dress is all wrong.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Durge:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:

<font size="2" face="arial">I really hope they totally redo Leia because her face sculpt is not that good. The body doesn't look like it should either. The dress is all wrong. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">I cannot imagine Hasbro reusing that abomination that they called Bespin Leia from 1998. That thing looks more like an emaciated Tammy Faye Bakker than Carrie Fisher. But then again, they are releasing that so-called Endor Han Solo

Reaction score
The Endor Solo would not be a bad figure if it was sculpted with Hans regular clothes, but Hasbro decided to make up their own story. I think of it as an EU figure.

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro might surprise us with a super articulated Leia with several points of articulation if we are lucky ***fingers crossed*** The vintage version is one of my favourites so Hasbro better not screw her up.

Reaction score
This dress is the only nice outfit she wore in the trilogy. Hasbro should try not to screw this up.

GNT

Reaction score
Plastic or cloth for Bespin Leia?

[ 12-30-2003, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Bounty Hunter GNT ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT :

Plastic or cloth for Bespin Leia?
<font size="2" face="arial">I say CLOTH as this is the more appropriate material to bring out the elegance in the Bespin Gown that Princess Leia wore in Cloud City.

[ 12-30-2003, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: Vintage GentleMan ]

Reaction score
Yes Cloth is the Anwser, just like the POTF2 Leia Collection one...

It can too be done in Cloth and very nicely

[ 12-30-2003, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: BlueLightsaber ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by Durge:
The Endor Solo would not be a bad figure if it was sculpted with Hans regular clothes, but Hasbro decided to make up their own story. I think of it as an EU figure.
<font size="2" face="arial">And I think of it as an awesome OT figure with a ton of army-building potential.

Anyway, I hope they do release a new Bespin Gown Leia, with nice articulation; and they can even reuse that cloth piece from the 1998 version as long as the figure itself is a new sculpt and done well.

GNT

Reaction score
While it was correct when done in cloth, i'm sure with todays advancement in technology they'll be create something pretty similar to the accuate to her bespin costume.

Reaction score
I would rather see the new one in plastic. We already have the one version with cloth.

Reaction score
Not too exited about the Leia, we already have an okay one IMO. We do need a new Lobot without the "kung-fu grip!!!" of the old one. And having a new Cloud Car pilot will rock, I'm getting two in case of a re-released Cloud Car.

G

I'd like bespin leia to be done without cloth, since we already got one like that. and i'd like her to be an all new sculpt since potf2 doesn't compare to saga in terms of sculpting. I think all these figures would be cool, but two of them would only appeal to colectors, so they should throw in a coulpe of resculpts, or maybe the bespin luke and vader, from 02, retooled without the action features, then they could retool the hoth han and snowtrooper, and stic them in the hoth wave, and retool mynoc hunt chewie and stick him in the star destroyer wave, and finally retool poc boba and stick him in the jabba's palace wave.

GNT

Reaction score
Originally posted by Puppetboy:
I think all these figures would be cool, but two of them would only appeal to colectors, so they should throw in a coulpe of resculpts
<font size="2" face="arial">Maybe Hasbro could reissue the old POTJ lando or slightly retool him with added articulation.

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Puppetboy:
I think all these figures would be cool, but two of them would only appeal to colectors, so they should throw in a coulpe of resculpts
<font size="2" face="arial">Maybe Hasbro could reissue the old POTJ lando or slightly retool him with added articulation. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Please keep this thread on topic, only discussion of Lobot, Cloud Car Pilot and Bepsin Leia please

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro continues to slack with only 3 figres per wave but a few reissues or slightly retooled figures would be nice additions to the bespin wave, possible suggestions include:

Bespin Guards are pretty good, several versions with different heads would be welcomed and would look better in a bunch with a Lando and the new saga 04 Lobot standing around.

Han is pretty good but if they decide to do him again hopefully they remove his jacket and give him a carbonite block to go in. The carbonite block could have lights and the works, although he'd go well with the new Bespin Leia.

You can't have a Bespin wave without the person in charge of the city, since they are making his cloud car pilots who look after the air and his assistant Lobot then why not make awhole new version? The POTJ is ok but a reissue of it isn't up to todays standards, a whole new articulated version would be great and would complement the soon to be released figures.

Bespin chewbacca is one of the best chewbacca's released so far and never was around for to long and would in nicely with the Bespin Leia.

But it's great that Hasbro is making 3 more Bespin figures Leia - Bespin Gown, Cloud Car Pilot and Lobot but Bespin lacks some really good versions of each figure.

Reaction score
Whoa. Calm down. This thread is still useful. The posts are actually on topic. They are taking the original topic a step forward.

GNT

Reaction score
So Durge you happy that we are seeing Lobot, Cloud car pilot and bespin Leia? Would you like to see a couple reissues,slightly retooled to complent this wave such as the ones posted on the previous page? Again it's pointless to have only 3 figures to a wave (probably packed in with other non bespin figures).

Reaction score
If they must reissue some figures, then they should release the Bespin Lando and Bespin Han. I really would like a new Ugnaught as well.

I am very excited about Lando and Leia. Lando will only be good with a neutral pose and some better arm articulation. The Cloud Car pilot would only be good if it was complemented by a Cloud Car (either sold seperately or in a ship/figure pack).

GNT

Reaction score
Has there been any mention on vehicles for this year as I don't recall anything at all, perhaps the Cloud Car Pilot is a sign that a cloud car vehicle is on the way so Hasbro could surprise us with one later this year as a Target or TRU exclusive. When this figure is shown then we'll know based on the articulation, if the pilots articulated then theres a good chance we'll see a cloud car

Maybe the new Lobot will come with a rehashed Ugnaught since we haven't seen any in what 5 or so years