Bespin Battle Pack

Reaction score
didnt they say some where that the vader and boba were the best to date??? LOL

like everyone said before the could have just repacked the actual POTF2 figures instead of wasting resources on this!

huge disappointment hasbro.

ps i understand that the battle packs are kid focused but really!?!

Reaction score
Wow, i guess I am the only one digging this? Not really sold on the TPM set, although Maul kind of looks good. The Boba in the Bespin set looks pretty damn good to me though, the helmet looks near perfect. Luke is interesting, why the yellow hair? With that, and the seemingly limited articulation (looks like 6 point, kind of hard to tell though) are these some sort of Vintage throwback? Vader looks kind of cool...we finally are getting the "I am your Father" fist it looks like. Also nice to see a sculpted cape...I don't know, I really kind of like this set. As far as the best Vader and Boba ever...I don't know about that. A few more POAs and we are talking...but still, they LOOK good to me. Definitely looking forward to more pics/info on this set

Reaction score
If the heading is correct and I'm sure it is, then this thread needs to be moved to the Movie Heroes section.

I was intrigued by this set at first, but knowing it has pre-posed figures in it with limited articulation, then it's an easy pass.

Like someone said, this is a huge waste of tooling dollars.

Reaction score
... That Helmet on Boba looks interesting ... it appears a lot bigger
than previous releases - might be worth it if the Helmet sculpt on
Boba is accurate this time ... have to wait for better pics though ...

Reaction score
I'm very confused. I was expecting simple Vader-Boba-Luke repacks, to which you can easily enough say 'PASS' and spend your money on something new. Instead these are new. Fett's helmet does indeed look good, but if these are PotF articulated, I hardly see the point. I'm sticking with my VOTC version until they can make one that's all-around better. Vader and Luke are both... interesting. But not looking great. Luke's articulation kills the figure. I can't tell what Vader's is like, but if it matches Luke, forget it.

This set has me more worried for the future of the line than any other recent disappointments, and I'm not paying 20 bucks for it!

Reaction score
Welcome to the future of basic Star Wars toys from here on out. They may look nice but articulation will BLOW. Take a look at the Avengers line and compare the figures to the solo movie toys. They will keep the collector targeted, highly articulated figures at a premium and churn out toys that look to be pre-2000. Kids don't care about articulation, and collectors will pay dearly to have it. Once they set up lower cost tools for the core characters super articulation in things like the Movie Heroes lines will be phased out and figures like in these battle packs will take their places. In the end it will cost Hasbro less. Less deco, less molds, and fewer accessories.

Reaction score
You know whas crazy? As mentioned above, That the hasbro representative speaking at the presentation, actually said Fett, and Vader are the best sculpts to date....knowing full well that they have the articulation of a figure from 1995. Granted , he could easily say "well I said best sculpt, not best articulation!", but who wants to deal with that? Who wants to deal with a company/product that's playing with words while trying to get your/retailers business? It's so underhanded, so arrogant. "best sculpts to date?". They knew what the reaction would be from collectors after that statement, kids don't care about "best sculpt to date". It almost seems as if Hasbro has an entirely new philosohy about the SW, and It appears we are even less significant than we were before.

Reaction score
I'm going to have to see the final product. If the sculpts themselves are great, the likenesses are dead on, and the paint apps. are good, I may be in for the Bespin pack. I want and believe the articulation we have received and are now accustomed to should be incorporated into the figures, and POTF2 articulation is laughable in 2012, but if the sculpts are superb, I may be inclined to pick it up, overlooking the lack of articulation.

As it stands now, I'm baffled by the decision to cut articulation. Chances are the sculpts are not that great, and if the line is headed in this direction, my interest may severely decline.

Reaction score
I'm telling you guys - take a look at the Avengers line. This is Hasbro's flagship line for the summer - Hulk has POA at his neck, shoulders, elbows, hips and knees. From what I saw Cap isn't far behind that either. Welcome to the future. Oh we will still get Vintage figures - soon to price about $12 a pop if not more (again, basing on Avengers being $10 at TRU with less everything). This has me slightly concerned for the future of the line. If they sell well the argument will be that articulation does not matter. If they don't sell well, say goodbye to battle packs. Either way it's a win for Hasbro and a lose for us.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the new avengers captain america and for my display he looks amazing. Which is what I think Hasbro was thinking for these. Mearly display not "action" oriented. Well that and dollar signs lol. Not defending them but if that vader looks as good on a better pic this will be the second vader I'll ever buy. And the third will be the ANH Vintage one.

Reaction score
Well I'm liking that Luke a lot.
It's the first time they have got his fatigues the right colour and I like the vintage-throwback yellow hair.
I'm not an articulation fiend but the drawback does look to be the preposed right elbow.
Still, when better pics come out I may finally think about replacing my POTF2 one. Nothing since has ever done it for me personally...o-o

Reaction score
Ugh. How disappointing, I guess I should have known better. What a waste of time. I dont know why they do weird things like this, what a waste. If they wanted a kid oriented Battle Pack, then why not just release recent figures. I dont get how they can say "best versions ever", was that some kind of weird in-joke?

There are some nice elements in this pack, Bobas helmet and Vaders cape seem like they might be pretty cool. But overall, why Hasbro why.

I was hoping we would finally get a new Beatup Luke, but not this time :( Maybe one day.........

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can not stop looking at those images and for all the wrong reasons. I hope these never make it out at retail there is no place for this type of thing in the 2012 market.

How Hasbro can say "best sculpts ever!" is beyond me.

Reaction score
Yes a definite buy! ... when I drop by McDonalds and get this pack with my Kids McHappy Meal ... but if I miss that I'll have to scour the Kmart clearance shelves or Tunghori's ebay for loose figures for custom fodder.

But people give the small H a chance!;) when they meant that these sculpts looked "gorgeous" he might have staring a someone who caught his attention in the audience. When he said that these sculpts looked "exactly" like they do in the movie, he might have had some mixed up notes and was actually staring at ..

or to cut him some slack may be when he was referring to the "best sculpt to date" for a hasblo figure that looks "movie" like, he had these pictures in his notes...

yeah may be we've got it wrong, cause the small h wouldn't doing this kind of stunt again after the last angry fan reaction..

but honetly, aren't all you Boba fans glad that the small h is not doing anything worthwhile this year, I mean in these tough economic times how else could you afford the Sideshow Boba Fett Sixth Scale Figure at around $200? Hasblo, you're licence is due soon - don't you think it's time to trade up?:p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, that was a surprise. Some of us were ready to see the best sculpts ever and lord it over those who were predicting repacks. Some of us were ready to see repacks and lord it over those who were predicting the best sculpts ever. Now we're all just kind of gaping in shock.

Reaction score
no no no, see, you got it all wrong... this is clearly a move by a desperate Al-Qaeda to disrupt the toy communities of America and her allies. Be careful guys, next thing you know, we'll be having biological pack-ins like two figures and smallpox. I have an open mind for new product, but someone should receive an open palmed slap in the mouth followed by a psychiatric eval for this one. TERRORISM!!!

Reaction score
Oh we will still get Vintage figures - soon to price about $12 a pop if not more.
After seeing what is being offered this year, I will gladly, gladly, GLADLY pay $12 a figure as long as they come with the level of articulation to which we have become accustomed.

GNT

Reaction score
Yikes big pass from me, I really see no need to pick up this set ever.

Reaction score
Dear Hasbro,
You have now replaced Mattel, and whoever makes those el-cheapo-Walmart-soldier-figures, as the worst manufacturer of action figures on the planet. Congratulations.

Reaction score
Dear Hasbro,
You have now replaced Mattel, and whoever makes those el-cheapo-Walmart-soldier-figures, as the worst manufacturer of action figures on the planet. Congratulations.
So Playmates going back to making only Ninja Turtles puts them out of the running now? Because their Trek and Terminator toys really stank up the shelves for 2 years.

Reaction score
We can all applaud Hasbro for killing their own business. What's with them selling figures with way outdated articulation? Such a letdown. And now they're even making new sub-par figures? What a waste of money. I guess they didn't learn the lesson after they killed the comic packs line. Yellow-haired Luke, super-bulky torso Boba, and I thought we were done with those ugly skirts back in 1999.

Reaction score
Going by the picture I'd only buy this set on clearance. This was a letdown for sure, but I think some of us had a feeling the figures would be like this. Decent sculpts, but less articualtion. Yuck. The only thing in this set that looks salvageable are the headsculpts.

Reaction score
I'm curious as to Hasbro's justification for these sets because I can't think of one that makes any sense.

One could "fun factor" and that features like removable helmets and cloth somehow get in the way. So why not retool existing to use fixed heads (even glue them on as they did with with the Saga repack of the 500th Vader) and/or plastic to replace the cloth. Even then, I can't think of a kid that wouldn't appreciate modern articulaton whether they used it or not.

Another is cost. I suppose re-manufacturing super articulated figures is more expensive than manufacturing these, but is it really cheaper to resculpt vs. using old TPM-era molds?

Also, isn't it true that the packaging typically costs more than the figures?

Whatever. It's strange and yet I'm facinated by what I see as a train wreck. So far, my wallet is going to be very happy this year!

Reaction score
Youre gettong all worked up over nothing. That looks like a new fett to me. The helmet and stance is not the potf2 fig. Look at the bulkiness of the helmet, we have never had a fett fig that has come close to the correct scale of helmet/body, except the 300th fett.

Reaction score
Youre gettong all worked up over nothing. That looks like a new fett to me. The helmet and stance is not the potf2 fig. Look at the bulkiness of the helmet, we have never had a fett fig that has come close to the correct scale of helmet/body, except the 300th fett.
Did you read any of the posts?

Reaction score
No......you guys have it all wrong. Those figures feature the new, state-of-the-art SUPER super articulation which is HIDDEN in the clean, smooth lines of the sculpt. You'll be able to pose these in ANY way an actual human body can be posed.

Or not. Sorry if someone already made this lame smart-***** crack about these figures, but yeah, they suck. Easy pass.

Reaction score
Bummer. I was so excited for a new Boba.

Whatever.

Anyone could have seen that there's no way we'd get a BP with three awesome new figures in it...

Reaction score
This really begs questions...most president being "Why?" Are these not finalized? The funny thing is that, if these came out in the POTF2 days, like someone else mentioned, these would be masterpieces. Alas though, they did not. These are downright unacceptable. They're so dated in design. This is a time when ball-joints are standard. It really makes you wonder what the hell is up with these. Are they intentionally retro? Cause if so, doesn't matter to me...I'll intentionally leave them on the shelf. I just can't help but feel that these aren't final. They just...they can't be, can they? ...

Think these maybe have a light up or sound effect feature? Would explain some things.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am getting sick of you guys complaining about how an action figure should look or whatever. These new Bespin battle pack figures do not look like Power of the Force 2 figures.

Wow really? You guys must have gotten burned by Kenner years ago or something or you guys never had a childhood.

The plastic cape for Darth Vader in the new Bespin Battle pack it looks better than the capes that always come with the DarthVader figures and the newish Bespin Luke looks like a Kenner Bespin Luke Version 2.0 and it looks cool to me. Boba Fett looks new especially the head.

STOP YOUR DAMN COMPLAINING. I BET YOU GUYS THINK THE FIGURES WILL HAVE SWIVEL JOINTS LIKE YOU WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE REBEL FLEET TROOPERS A YEAR AGO WHEN YOU SAW A PIC OF THE REBEL FLEET TROOPER FROM A TOY FARE MAGAZINE ISSUE.

Reaction score
I am getting sick of you guys complaining about how an action figure should look or whatever. These new Bespin battle pack figures do not look like Power of the Force 2 figures.

Wow really? You guys must have gotten burned by Kenner years ago or something or you guys never had a childhood.

The plastic cape for Darth Vader in the new Bespin Battle pack it looks better than the capes that always come with the DarthVader figures and the newish Bespin Luke looks like a Kenner Bespin Luke Version 2.0 and it looks cool to me. Boba Fett looks new especially the head.

STOP YOUR DAMN COMPLAINING. I BET YOU GUYS THINK THE FIGURES WILL HAVE SWIVEL JOINTS LIKE YOU WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE REBEL FLEET TROOPERS A YEAR AGO WHEN YOU SAW A PIC OF THE REBEL FLEET TROOPER FROM A TOY FARE MAGAZINE ISSUE.
Wow...

I'm holding out for this being a very brilliant satire of fanboys and not a legitimate moronic post.

Reaction score
Dont know what it is, but i actually really like these figures. Someone said it best earlier, they are like a true vintage version 2.0. Im from that era, so maybe these are up my ally!
I think sometimes Hasbro puts a little too much emphasis on articulation, example; Dengar vintage (the cod piece never stays on) and the clone wars bossk is awful (the waist pops off whenever you try to move him).
Hope they make more figures in this style, well done hasbro!

Reaction score
The only upside to Hasbro going back to 1970's articulation is, they are gonna find out how many of their customers are actually children.

Reaction score
If these were made more 70's vintage-vintage, I might actually buy them. But it looks like they held back some. If they had straight limbs and telescoping lightsabers, I'd actually consider purchasing. Unfortunately, it looks like a cross between 70's vintage and POTF2. No thanks!

Reaction score
Good then since you wont buy the bespin battle pack then I will because...

-Darth Vader's right hand is a closed version this time; plastic cape which looks better
-Boba Fett's body looks nice especially his blaster rifle weapon which I hope its not puny soft plastic like the Vintage Style version.
-Bespin Luke looks beautiful. Like I said. It brings back that classic old school Kenner Bespin Luke look back with the yellow hair and bent right arm.

I like the battle pack. You guys don't. That is fine. You're gonna be kicking yourself when you miss out on this battle pack because of the Darth Vader figure with the right hand being closed to hold the freakin lightsaber for once. But I will also still hold on to my Bespin Confessions Darth Vader