Bespin Battle Pack

Reaction score
Seems promising, but still Hasbro has a reputation on doing stuff like this just to kick up in the nuts.

Reaction score
? It was very clear....two new battle packs....all 6 figures are all new sculpts. The vader, fett, and maul are particularly outstanding.

Not worried at all. The bespin set is a definite buy for me.

Reaction score
? It was very clear....two new battle packs....all 6 figures are all new sculpts. The vader, fett, and maul are particularly outstanding.

Not worried at all. The bespin set is a definite buy for me.
Right, it's just they say the same things about the light-up lightsaber Movie Heroes figures (all new sculpts, "great") and they're not too hot IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well...those light up figures look the BEST light up figures have ever looked. They're good for figures with batteries and electronics inside of them. The battle pack figures should be regular figures, so i don't think they'll have the same kind of issues light up figures inherently have.This believe it or not is the most exciting item of 2012 toyfair for me, I wish the pic they showed was available. He said "these figures look great, they look exactly like what you're seeing here"

Reaction score
Unseen, this seems like it will be an easy pass for me. I've already got SA versions of all of these characters. Don't see how they can improve on the TVC versions.

There'd have to be something really cool about them, like a battle damaged Luke or Fett with a carbonite Han Solo...something like that.

Reaction score
Unseen, this seems like it will be an easy pass for me. I've already got SA versions of all of these characters. Don't see how they can improve on the TVC versions.

There'd have to be something really cool about them, like a battle damaged Luke or Fett with a carbonite Han Solo...something like that.
Well, there's definitely not gonna be a Han in carbonite.

Reaction score
Right, it's just they say the same things about the light-up lightsaber Movie Heroes figures (all new sculpts, "great") and they're not too hot IMO.
Asthetics of the light up feature aside, the headsculpts on Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan do look pretty great.

Reaction score
Well...those light up figures look the BEST light up figures have ever looked. They're good for figures with batteries and electronics inside of them. The battle pack figures should be regular figures, so i don't think they'll have the same kind of issues light up figures inherently have.This believe it or not is the most exciting item of 2012 toyfair for me, I wish the pic they showed was available. He said "these figures look great, they look exactly like what you're seeing here"

I do agree July that these are the best "Star Wars" light up figures to come yet. But really to my eye, headsculpt aside, they haven't come far at all from those old POTF ones with humongous lightsaber tubes.

If you guys have seen the Thor or Green Lantern figures with light up features, they really don't look bulkier in any way at all. The only thing compromised was articulation. I truly believe Hasbro could have done a MUCH better job with these 'linebackers' as I like to call them. Their shoulders are wayyyy too broad and make them look cartoony again. I just hope they're successful so we can get some awesome ones with better technology in the future, like a nice 2-1B, C-3PO or a better R2.

I will say the color and brightness of the lightsabers in the movie heroes is great.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Huh? What makes you so sure of that? The Jar Jar in Carbonite block is most likely from the same mold (at least the outer casing) as the probably soon to be announced Han version.
He meant there's most likely not going to be a Han Carbonite, IN this battle pack, because the pack contains 3 figures, which have already been announced by hasbro to be Luke, Vader and Fett.

Reaction score
I saw this set at the store today, and couldn't believe how small the packaging is!
They drastically cut pack on packaging footprint, which is good thing because it takes up less space on the shelf.

Reaction score
I saw this set at the store today, and couldn't believe how small the packaging is!
They drastically cut pack on packaging footprint, which is good thing because it takes up less space on the shelf.
...wait...you saw the Bespin Battle Pack? With the new Fett and Vader figures? Or are you talking about BPs in general?

CIS

Reaction score
Well, I only want the new Boba. If it's any good of course. No need for Vader, the VC Luke is also fine.

Reaction score
Could This be the Bespin pack Vader? If so, chances are VERY good that we could see a "That's not true, that's impossible" Luke packed as well! Please correct me if this Vader has been confirmed as a single-carded release.

Reaction score
Could This be the Bespin pack Vader? If so, chances are VERY good that we could see a "That's not true, that's impossible" Luke packed as well! Please correct me if this Vader has been confirmed as a single-carded release.
That's ANH Vader, not ESB, and it's been confirmed as a single release.

So, we're still in the dark! haha

Last edited:
Reaction score
...wait...you saw the Bespin Battle Pack? With the new Fett and Vader figures? Or are you talking about BPs in general?
Still waiting... :hmm:

Reaction score
Sorry, not this specific BP, just commenting about the look of new BP packaging in the wrong thread.

Reaction score
That's ANH Vader, not ESB, and it's been confirmed as a single release.

So, we're still in the dark! haha
If they are REALLY gonna do a new ESB Vader right, they need to stop giving him the ANH saber and FINALLY get a true ESB hilt correctly done. The grips go all the way up to the activation switch. My favorite Vader saber besides ROTJ.

Reaction score
If they are REALLY gonna do a new ESB Vader right, they need to stop giving him the ANH saber and FINALLY get a true ESB hilt correctly done. The grips go all the way up to the activation switch. My favorite Vader saber besides ROTJ.
I know all about the slight costume variations between films, but I actually wasn't aware of the sabers being different.

Reaction score
I know all about the slight costume variations between films, but I actually wasn't aware of the sabers being different.
Yeah in all 3 movies, both Luke AND Vader have different hilts every time. There are some seriously detailed sites out there that document it with excruciating detail, but I won't bore you. Just take my word for it.

My point is, if they are gonna spend all this time and money getting headsculpts and bodies perfect, then they d@mn well better get the accessories perfectly right. It's so easy, a cave man could do it. But Hasbro screws it up CONSTANTLY.

Reaction score
I really just hope they get the vader right. It's hard for me to explain...but there's a lot of things Id do different, from every previous vader. I've never been satisfied with the results of ANY vader...because of the way I picture how a vader figure *should look

Reaction score
Why are they doing this!?! I am seriously convinced they are trying to tank the line. It would have been better off these were just straight repacks of figures we currently have instead of digging up specs from 20 years ago and making figures based of that. Are they trying to do a POTF2 throwback line? If they are going to dig into the archives of sculpting they should just release the cancelled trophy assortment Obi Wan and the cancelled CD-Rom Bespin Vader. They would have been better and probably sold too. I don't get this at all, what the ****?!?

Reaction score
Looks like they finally got the shape of Boba's helmet right. Too bad they decided to use it on a poorly articulated figure. I'm pretty baffled about these figures. I get that they're geared towards kids who maybe don't care as much about articulation, but wouldn't it have been cheaper to just use existing molds than make new ones? Seems like a waste of tooling dollars.