Bespin Battle Pack

Reaction score
Agreed. If the price we have to pay reduced articulation is amazing sculpts, I can live with that.
I agree to a point. I don't mind REDUCED articulation, i.e. swivel hips and shoulders instead of ball hinges, in favor of better sculpts. What I do mind is elimination of 3/4 of the articulation. A figure in 2013 with no elbow or knee joints is unacceptable, regardless of the greatness of the sculpt. Yes, my figures are displayed in the same pose most of the time, but I do enjoy repositioning them occasionally for more dynamic stances. Figures with more articulation are more fun for kids (and adults) to play with, and at the end of the day, I just like having the option for various poses in my display. Plus, I can STILL remember as a 4 year old hating that the vintage Stormtrooper could not hold his gun with 2 hands, turn his head, or bend his knees. :)

Reaction score
I agree to a point. I don't mind REDUCED articulation, i.e. swivel hips and shoulders instead of ball hinges, in favor of better sculpts. What I do mind is elimination of 3/4 of the articulation. A figure in 2013 with no elbow or knee joints is unacceptable, regardless of the greatness of the sculpt. Yes, my figures are displayed in the same pose most of the time, but I do enjoy repositioning them occasionally for more dynamic stances. Figures with more articulation are more fun for kids (and adults) to play with, and at the end of the day, I just like having the option for various poses in my display. Plus, I can STILL remember as a 4 year old hating that the vintage Stormtrooper could not hold his gun with 2 hands, turn his head, or bend his knees. :)
Well, there are different kids in our lives, apparently. :)

My kids and nephews (4, 5 & 7) struggle with TVC figures. The hands, heads and accessories getting lost is a major problem. My nephews have repurchased Luke Snowspeeder Outfit and some version of Vader around 8 times each, due to lost parts. Now while that might be good for Hasbro's bottom line in the short run, it limits the kid's ability to get fully engaged with the broader character selection, and thus the brand.

I got the Bespin pack for the boys for Christmas, and they still have all of the parts - save for Boba's blaster pistol. So, for us the proof is in the pudding.

GI Joe (vintage) worked because none of the body parts popped off and the weapons were "snap on, stay on" (as evidenced by many a broken a thumb), which is why that articulation model worked.

But... there are different kids with different motor skills, and I suspect slightly older kids (7-12) would have no issues at all with TVC level figures.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, these arguments don't work for me. A kid who is young enough to be in danger of breaking these things probably needs a younger class of toys anyways. Plus, how many parents are buying TVC at $10+ for their kids?

Reaction score
No, these arguments don't work for me. A kid who is young enough to be in danger of breaking these things probably needs a younger class of toys anyways. Plus, how many parents are buying TVC at $10+ for their kids?
That's what this is dude - it's a younger class of toy. It's not directed at you.

Half of the Movie Heroes are repackaged Legacy/Vintage-style figures, so it's the same thing as TVC. And that's what there is out there, at current.

The Kenner line from the 70s and 80s had it right. Durable, limited action figures.

We pick up POTF2 lots at sales - those work great for kids. Kids 4-7 want an action figure, not a Playskool toy.

Reaction score
I got the Luke from this set off of Ebay this week, and it arrived yesterday. Absolutely love the sculpt and the feel of the figure; to my eyes it's the best current iteration of the character. My first impressions are that the lack of super-articulation isn't going to be a huge problem due to the pose of the arms; there's a good range between the two weapons for mixing up the look, but I'll see how I fare with it over time.

I understand the arguments against the five POA, but there already is an SA Bespin Luke that's highly regarded. Personally, if I had to chose between sculpt or articulation, I'd go for sculpt every time, which makes this a good figure for me.

Reaction score
I got the Luke from this set off of Ebay this week, and it arrived yesterday. Absolutely love the sculpt and the feel of the figure; to my eyes it's the best current iteration of the character. My first impressions are that the lack of super-articulation isn't going to be a huge problem due to the pose of the arms; there's a good range between the two weapons for mixing up the look, but I'll see how I fare with it over time.

I understand the arguments against the five POA, but there already is an SA Bespin Luke that's highly regarded. Personally, if I had to chose between sculpt or articulation, I'd go for sculpt every time, which makes this a good figure for me.
I agree, and as we move closer and closer to what may be an entirely new universe of "classically articulated" figures, the other huge appeal for me is... price. $6 is way more palatable to me than $11.

Reaction score
I agree, I'm liking the head sculpt on Luke. They did a good job on the hair sculpt. Redo the eyebrows, repaint the hair, pop the head on a vintage body and I think the stare is pretty much in line for the start of his duel with Vader.
That's exactly what I did!

Reaction score
I found this on discount for $11. Now I managed to use this pack to fix some of my other figures.

I really like the removable helmet Boba Fett, but the helmet was too small and the jetpack kept falling off. I drilled out the head from this pack and gave Fett the backpack from this one and now I am happy with my ESB Fett. I also shortened his cape.

I have the Legacy 2-piece helmet Vader, but I hate how his right hand can't hold his saber. I cut off the hand of the Bespin pack Vader and modified it to fit my Legacy Vader and now he can hold the saber in his right hand. The hand can still swivel.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, the last thing I was able to use from the Bespin pack was Luke's blaster so now Han has an ESB accurate blaster (except for the handle color). I modded the holster as much as I could without breaking through so the blaster can fit.

If anyone wants the Luke but doesn't need the blaster, let me know.

Reaction score
Saw this set at TJ Maxx yesterday. $12.99

So if anyone's still looking for this, or wants extras for customizing, you might want to check TJ Maxx when you're
out hunting...