Bespin Battle Pack

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a site that has this set available? Hasbro AU aren't importing it into Australia (no surprise there) and I'd rather avoid evilbay.

Reaction score
These just showed up in Canada at Walmart ($30) and TRU ($35). RIDICULOUS price for three figures with little articulation. I hope they rot until clearance, at those prices. I'd love to use bits and pieces of this set for customs, but not at these extortionate prices.

Reaction score
I finally picked this up today, the only one I saw between 3 Targets. I plan to sweep the other end of town tomorrow AM and I'll see if I can snag a few more at the sale price for you guys...

Reaction score
Well, all I found were a few of those Jango sets... sorry guys!

I opened the pack last night, and even though I bought it mainly for The Boba, I think I like the other 2 more than him overall. The Luke is such a great update of the vintage mold and I especially like the "working" trigger finger for some reason. The Vader looks too narrow, like he's compressed a little. (And Boba looks a bit too wide... :rolleyes: ) Great figures overall, but I'm a bit disappointed that The Boba seems to be more of an homage to the POTF2 version rather than the vintage.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked this up last night at Target. I love it. They're just great looking sculpts, and I LOVE that Boba's backpack stays on. All of my Evolutions/VOTC/TVC Boba backpacks never stay on. Sorry, jetpacks.

Reaction score
I think this set is fantastic! Boba's sculpt is brilliantly done and is in no way to be compared, to his disproportionate POTF2 predecessor.
I want all three of these sculpts to be get the repack treatment. I'd buy another one of these sets, but Hasbro Australia refuse to import this set here and I can't afford eBay scalper prices.

Reaction score
I think this set is fantastic! Boba's sculpt is brilliantly done and is in no way to be compared, to his disproportionate POTF2 predecessor.
I want all three of these sculpts to be get the repack treatment. I'd buy another one of these sets, but Hasbro Australia refuse to import this set here and I can't afford eBay scalper prices.
Bloody Hasblo Australia, they couldn't organise a fart in a chillie eating contest, about as useful as a handbrake on a Holden.:hmm:

Reaction score
Soooo...I've been a member on this site for awhile...guess I should post something. XD Gotta thank Billy_Ray for the way he put the Battle Pack Boba here. I eally like the way it looks:

I was originally going to try this when I had first seen the battle pack but I WAS panning to carve out the helmet to fit over the EVO Jango head that I originally used on Boba until I spotted the mod to leave the helmet unaltered. I also followed his lead and trimmed his serape down as well.

In all though, once I got the figure in my hand, I gotta say...this is one of the nicest old school five-point articulated Boba's I've ever owned so, I bought another just to have the regular release. I DO kinda wish they had added bicep and forearm rotation points too though. Even the 300th Boba should have had an added forearm on the right arm and bicep on the left IMO but I'm still really pleased with this figure. I even like the Luke and Vader in the set.

Reaction score
I really like that Fett sculpt, anyone have one they'd be willing to part with? Pm me. I wanna do what BlueBoxT did.

Reaction score
I know some people have the inherent need to purchase anything released with the "Star Wars" logo on it, but I never thought that someone would pay good money, in the year 2012, for a pack of 3 figures that--combined--have nearly the equivalent amount of articulation of 1 TVC figure.

With mostly "main" characters in them, this 3-pk, along with the 1 or 2 other 3-pack-repacks are great for the kiddies and/or gift-givers, but they certainly aren't anything for collectors to look twice at.

Reaction score
I know some people have the inherent need to purchase anything released with the "Star Wars" logo on it, but I never thought that someone would pay good money, in the year 2012, for a pack of 3 figures that--combined--have nearly the equivalent amount of articulation of 1 TVC figure.

With mostly "main" characters in them, this 3-pk, along with the 1 or 2 other 3-pack-repacks are great for the kiddies and/or gift-givers, but they certainly aren't anything for collectors to look twice at.
There are different kinds of collectors, of course, who like different features in their collectibles.

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure glad I scored this set clearance priced at a Walmart for under $10.

Your logic doesn't make much sense....on one hand, you're critical of the fact that the figures in this set don't feature a lot of articulation, yet, you go on to say that they would be great for kids, and kids usually play with their figures. Why then would figures with limited articulation be "great for kids?" Perhaps you are one of those adult collectors that still likes to play with toys and play with figures while sipping on a glass milk and eating cookies, which would explain why you aren't particularly fond of this set.

Reaction score
does anyone not want the battle card that came with Fett. My son thought the card was a teething toy and sorta slobbered all over it and then proceeded to rip it.

Reaction score
I've seen this a few times now, and I get more tempted every time. I think I"ll pick it up eventually for display purposes.

Reaction score
I can't speak for anyone else, but any comparisons I was making were more to determine the inspiration for this sculpt. In Luke's case, he seems obviously inspired by the original Bespin Luke.

This Boba seems to be "inspired" more by the POTF2 version than the original sculpt. But I dig the new sculpt a lot, and agree that it's MUCH better than the POTF2 "Bulbous" Fett mess! :grin:

Reaction score
does anyone not want the battle card that came with Fett. My son thought the card was a teething toy and sorta slobbered all over it and then proceeded to rip it.
If I find a set on sale, I'll grab it to try my own "ultimate" kit-bash Fett. The card is all yours if you still need it!

Reaction score
There are different kinds of collectors, of course, who like different features in their collectibles.
Exactly. It's not about collecting anything with the Star Wars name attached. I can't afford that sort of thing, but I DO appreciate a good sculpt and simple, yet clean and effective paint applications. I found that to be the case of all three figures in this set. I didn't bother with the other set with Obi Wan Qui Gon and Maul though. If they ever decide to do more classic figures in this sort of simplified sculpt I will most likely get them if they are as good as these figures. They make good shelf display fodder at the least.

Reaction score
Exactly. It's not about collecting anything with the Star Wars name attached. I can't afford that sort of thing, but I DO appreciate a good sculpt and simple, yet clean and effective paint applications. I found that to be the case of all three figures in this set. I didn't bother with the other set with Obi Wan Qui Gon and Maul though. If they ever decide to do more classic figures in this sort of simplified sculpt I will most likely get them if they are as good as these figures. They make good shelf display fodder at the least.
Well put. They also make great toys for smaller hands with rougher play patterns.

Would love a Stormtrooper in this style.

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
Well put. They also make great toys for smaller hands with rougher play patterns.

Would love a Stormtrooper in this style.
Agree. The Luke figure makes this collector and his son happy.

I find the Comm Tech Stormtroopers are good for kids. Just enough articulation to make it interesting but can still stand without much adjusting, and a nicely sculpted and articulated head. My son can't have the blasters yet so there isn't much disappoint in the fact the Stormtrooper can't hold the gun with both hands.

Reaction score
I agree with everything Adam said in the review. One minor gripe is the photo shows him holding the blaster pretty high in the hand. The index finger can fit around the trigger, making Luke look much better when posed with it in his hand than what Adam represented.

I'm intrigued to see who Hasbro releases next. One Target near me has clearanced the Cyber Maul sets for $14. If they had this set clearanced I'd have jumped on it.

Reaction score
I agree with everything Adam said in the review. One minor gripe is the photo shows him holding the blaster pretty high in the hand. The index finger can fit around the trigger, making Luke look much better when posed with it in his hand than what Adam represented.

I'm intrigued to see who Hasbro releases next. One Target near me has clearanced the Cyber Maul sets for $14. If they had this set clearanced I'd have jumped on it.
While the figures looks nice from a display point of view I really hope Hasbro does not resort to having the remaining battlepacks and figures go to this level of articulation. keep the details but the figures need the SA

Reaction score
While the figures looks nice from a display point of view I really hope Hasbro does not resort to having the remaining battlepacks and figures go to this level of articulation. keep the details but the figures need the SA
I think they'll continue to do what they have been doing - produce an articulation-heavy line and an articluation-light one. And we can all continue to choose which version we prefer. For all three of the figures in this pack, there was a super articulated corrolary available at retail (whether on a single card or a Target Special Pack) or online within the last 18 months.

So I don't understand why articulation fans (who are not being impacted) continue to state their opposition for toys from a seperate action figure line.

Now, if they kill the "mainline/collector line" and it all goes this way, then there'd be something worth saying.

Or am I missing something?

But I do agre with your hope that collectors continue to have the option, because that means the brand is healthy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think they'll continue to do what they have been doing - produce an articulation-heavy line and an articluation-light one. And we can all continue to choose which version we prefer. For all three of the figures in this pack, there was a super articulated corrolary available at retail (whether on a single card or a Target Special Pack) or online within the last 18 months.

So I don't understand why articulation fans (who are not being impacted) continue to state their opposition for toys from a seperate action figure line.

Now, if they kill the "mainline/collector line" and it all goes this way, then there'd be something worth saying.

Or am I missing something?

But I do agre with your hope that collectors continue to have the option, because that means the brand is healthy.

TheRealDub what my post was aboout was I hope Hasbro doesn't drop the SA line of figures for the 5 points of articulation like the recent battlepacks. I like the concept of the vintage kenner feel of the figures and these might indeed be the younger fan base but I just hope that this is not going to be the going forward articulation for all of the Star Wars figures.

i do like the figures from the Bespin Set and if the Naboo set ever goes on clearence I'll gladly pick it up as I hear the headsculpts are amazing but for now I'm content with what i have.

Reaction score
TheRealDub what my post was aboout was I hope Hasbro doesn't drop the SA line of figures for the 5 points of articulation like the recent battlepacks. I like the concept of the vintage kenner feel of the figures and these might indeed be the younger fan base but I just hope that this is not going to be the going forward articulation for all of the Star Wars figures.

i do like the figures from the Bespin Set and if the Naboo set ever goes on clearence I'll gladly pick it up as I hear the headsculpts are amazing but for now I'm content with what i have.
Yup -wasn't pointing at you with my comments, was just using your quote as a jumping off point to address the haters. I agree with your point. :)

Sorry if that read like an assault, bud.

Reaction score
This got scarce real quick once Christmas kicked it in high gear. I got a 15% off coupon with a code for HTS from the Wolf Pack I got for Christmas, so if it's on the site I'll get it there.

Reaction score
I got it, used the 15% off coupon but still paid TRU price with shipping. It's a nice display piece, and an intriguing meld of 70s articulation with 2010s sculpting. While the sculpts are very nice, I can't help feeling that these figures are a major step backwards.

Reaction score
I got one question about this Bespin battle pack. Is the Bespin Luke head ball jointed and removeable? I kinda got a custom idea in my noggin where I might use the head from this Bespin Luke and just put it on my old 30th Anniversary vintage style Bespin Luke figure. But I suppose the Bespin battle pack's bespin luke head is a little too big?

Reaction score
I got one question about this Bespin battle pack. Is the Bespin Luke head ball jointed and removeable? I kinda got a custom idea in my noggin where I might use the head from this Bespin Luke and just put it on my old 30th Anniversary vintage style Bespin Luke figure. But I suppose the Bespin battle pack's bespin luke head is a little too big?
It is removable and ball jointed. I did some head swaps when I first got mine.

Bespin BP Luke with TVC Bespin Luke head - fits fine on the BJ but just doesn't look right on that body.

VTAC Bespin Luke head - socket is too large for the ball joint

TVC Bespin Luke and Bespin BP Luke

The three amigos

Reaction score
Awesome. But does the new Bespin battle pack Bespin Luke body's head look great on the 30th anniversary's vintage style bespin luke's body? Is the battle pack's head too big and flop around if you try to put it on the 30th Anniversary's vintage style Bespin Luke figure's body?

Reaction score
This Luke is hands down the BEST sculpt of him EVER. It looks to me in 2013 the same way the 12-back Luke looked to me in 1978. (Funny what a kid thinks he sees in his toys.)

I put him next to the 1995 Luke and want to have Hasbro's head examined. Why they didn't do this from the start is a total mystery.

I like the Vader, too, but he won't hold his lightsaber.

Don't have the Boba Fett. I bought Luke and Vader loose very cheaply on ebay.