Bespin Battle Pack

Reaction score
Saw this at Kmart. Passed on it, but it was really tempting. The articulation is lacking, we all know, but man those bigger helmets on Vader and Fett look really good. If I find it again when the new Endor packs show up, doubt I'll be able to resist.

Reaction score
I finally managed to find one of these last night at Target. I'll admit, I mostly wanted it for the Boba Fett head, but this ain't all that bad of a pack. Surprisingly, I liked the figures a little more than I thought I would...even Vader. Yes, they are only 5 POA, but there's something kind of cool about them...they are kind of like the missing link between today's figures and POTF2 figures. Same articulation, but better sculpts and paint apps.

Couple of thoughts...Vader is, like I said, a lot better than I thought. He can actually hold his saber in his right hand (which is nice for a change) and has the classic "I am your father" pose. Nice to have sculpted cape/robes again. Luke is alright, ht ehair is not as yellow in person. His eyes are painted kind of weird, almost slanted, and his blaster does not fit in his holster well at all. He comes with one of those ignited sabers with the peg on the hilt, which is always good for a laugh. Boba, depsite his somewhat awkward pose, is actually pretty nice! If these weren't so darned expensive, I would consider picking up another set just for him. The headsculpt is, as I said, awesome. Best likeness of the helmet since the 300th Fett (maybe better). Was surprised to find he actually has his sidearm as well, though it doesn't stay in his holster at all. The jet pack sits nice and snug, unlike the TVC figure's, as it has a longer peg. I don't know, I just kind of dig him.

I still did a head swap (of sorts) with this Boba and the TVC Boba. Actually I just carved the head of TVC Boba into a peg that fits inside the BP head. Really like the results, pics later if anyone is interested.

Reaction score
Forgot to mention...I trimmed his cape and the jetpack is the one from the Battlepack. It fits so much better than the TVC jetpack that I am willing to overlook the lack of paint details.

Reaction score
What's sad is if I wanted to get this on impulse I couldn't!

I probably would have by now but all I see is those even worse Naboo packs!

Reaction score
I still did a head swap (of sorts) with this Boba and the TVC Boba. Actually I just carved the head of TVC Boba into a peg that fits inside the BP head.
yes nice pics and excellent work. Putting this on the Sideshow Scum & Villainy base was a nice touch :awesome:. I must agree with you that the sculpt almost surpasses the 300th but only parts of the top slopes at a weird angle and on the side profile the front seems to steep too deep. If you get what I mean:confused:. Yes pity the paint work of this figure doesn't surpass the 300th but I reckon this time Hasbro chose the correct green match (if you believe it to be Panzer Olive Green per the Dented Helmet forums).

So when you said you "carved the head of the TVC Boba", you actually carved the "clone head" so that if you took the helmet off the clone head would be "mutilated"?

Reaction score
Yes, that's pretty much exactly what I mean. I just took an exacto and started carving slices off until the clone head fit inside the unaltered helmet. Seemed the easiest way. It also gives the appearance of an actual head underneath the helmet. I'll take some pics if I can get the helmet off.

EDIT Here you go, came off easier than I thought:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I snagged the Luke from this set via eBay. I really liked the headsculpt... I may stick it on the TVC Endor Capture Luke.

Reaction score
If anyone will, I would love to see a comparison photo between this Boba Fett helmet and 300th Fett's helmet. I'd also like to see some close ups of this Fett's wrist gauntlets.

Some comparison photos of Bespin Luke's head with other Luke headsculpts would be nice too.

Jason

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
If anyone will, I would love to see a comparison photo between this Boba Fett helmet and 300th Fett's helmet. I'd also like to see some close ups of this Fett's wrist gauntlets.

Some comparison photos of Bespin Luke's head with other Luke headsculpts would be nice too.

Jason

I don't have any Fett photos but I posted some shots a while back comparing this to other Bespin Lukes.

Bespin BP Luke with TVC Bespin Luke head - fits fine on the BJ but just doesn't look right on that body.

VTAC Bespin Luke head - socket is too large for the ball joint

TVC Bespin Luke and Bespin BP Luke

The three amigos

Reaction score

Jason
My 300th Fetts are packed away, but here's a comaparison with a shot from the Rebelscum photo archives:

Reaction score
just picked up this battlepack this morning at Walmart. first time that i've seen it at retail. Luke is Meh (too light in the coloring), Vader is OK like the "Join Me" hand pose and Boba I'm sorta on the fence with. I mean he's looks HUGE with the armor and and the helmet is great. I am noticing some color changes between the Boba I picked up this morning and the one from the picture up above. the wookiee pelts on mine are yellow and white while above they are yellow and black.

Reaction score
So for that custom version above (which looks GREAT, btw) all you have to do is trim down the clone head without doing anything to the new helmet? The peghole is large enough? Because I can totally do that. I have an extra Evolutions Boba to use, and I just saw this battle pack last night at Kmart.

Reaction score
Yup, all I did was shave down the clone head with an exacto knife until it was able to fit inside the battlepack helmet, nothing was done to the helmet itself. The ball joint on the battlepack Boba's neck is pretty huge. I will take some pics in a bit.

Reaction score
Hasbro releasing this BP, has really helped to make up for all the sub par Bobas till now.

The Bespin Luke is awesome too - sculpt wise. A repaint, & maybe one of the older OTC Dagobah heads, might make it THE Bespin Luke in terms of a great display only figure.

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
The Bespin Luke is awesome too - sculpt wise. A repaint, & maybe one of the older OTC Dagobah heads, might make it THE Bespin Luke in terms of a great display only figure.
I would agree to a certain point. Definitely a repaint to more screen accurate colors. However, rather than try an OTC Dagobah Luke head, just repaint the yellow hair to a more accurate color, similar to Deleted Scene Luke.

I have always though this was an outstanding sculpt. People were turned off by the lack of articulation but as a display piece, it captures Mark Hamill's body type better than previous versions.

Reaction score
Yup, all I did was shave down the clone head with an exacto knife until it was able to fit inside the battlepack helmet, nothing was done to the helmet itself. The ball joint on the battlepack Boba's neck is pretty huge. I will take some pics in a bit.
Here's a shot of how large the ball joint is on the Battlepack Boba:

And here are some shots of the gauntlets for jlw515:

Reaction score
Cool!! Thanks guys for all the pics!

That Boba helmet is nice, but I'm not sure it's better than the 300th Fett helmet. I think it's the fact that the viewfinder works on the 300th Fett helmet.

That Bespin Luke headsculpt is amazing. A little custom dry brushing and that would be perfect.

What really amazes me is that after all these years Hasbro still hasn't gotten Boba Fett's gun right. I think there was a Bosskk that had a gun similar to Fett's that actually got the stock of the gun right.

If this set ever goes to clearance, I'll pick one up for custom fodder, but I don't think I could pay full price.

Jason

Reaction score
I like the working viewfinder as well, and am really not sure why they didn't go that route with this one since it isn't a removable helmet. Still, I think the overall sculpt and detail on the Battlepack helmet more than make up for it. The viewfinder on the 300th figure does look a little too large as well, IMO.

Reaction score
After all this time and all those variations I still display the 300th Boba with no intention of changing it for another.

Reaction score
Billy_Ray thanks for those comparison shots. The paint apps are really nice on the Bespin Pack Fett, but IMHO not weathered enough like 300th Fett. Also, concerning the length of the view finder, the view finder had to be that long in order to clear the helmet when moved forward. I made a custom Fett some time back using the helmet, wrist gauntlets, & back pack from 300th Fett; the shoes from Pit of Carkoon Fett, and the evo Fett body.

Darklord1967's "Building a Better Boba Fett" was a huge inspiration.

Jason

Reaction score
So I took some better pics:

Nice pics man, he looks awesome!!! I saw this pack a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised at how good the sculpts were on all the figures, especially the heads!!! They were so good in fact that I almost bought the set on impulse!!! Was trying to limit myself on spending, but man, these pics are really inspiring me to want to do the same thing you've got going on here!!! I'm a sucker for Boba Fett figures!!! The only thing I may do differently is to keep the VC jet-pack on with some sort of adhesive!!! Great job and excellent pics, thanks for sharing!!!