Beru Whitesun - BD45

Reaction score
Re: Beru Lars - AOTC Wave - BD##

They probably slapped the Lars name on her to save ink during printing.

I'll be getting one

Reaction score
Re: Beru Lars - AOTC Wave - BD45

Since1978 said:
Carded Photo:

Im gonna try not to stare at this pic because im sure ill be staring at pegs full of her in a few months.

Reaction score

This might be a bigger peg warmer than Breha...

Reaction score

Wow. The paint jobs on this wave really took a hard hit between prototype phase and release version. She looked much better in proto form (as did Owen and Obi-Wan). The head just doesn't look right now... Still glad she is releasing, but I'm not happy with the final product, really...

Reaction score

my_kind_of_scum said:
Wow. The paint jobs on this wave really took a hard hit between prototype phase and release version. She looked much better in proto form (as did Owen and Obi-Wan). The head just doesn't look right now... Still glad she is releasing, but I'm not happy with the final product, really...
That's the reason Hasbro is not getting my money any more...its like they gave up on quality. The final versions of these are embarrassing...

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Beru Lars - AOTC - BD45

Looking at the new pictures and I've got ot say that dress part looks way out of place *sigh*

Reaction score

What's wrong with this whole wave? Every color was made lighter than they should be.
Obi Wan's tunika is white instead of beige, Typho's skin complexion is way too pale,
the Lars' both should have a more tanned skin and slightly darker outfits.

In Beru's case, she doesn't even resemble the actress, Bonnie Maree Piesse.
She should have more characteristic eyebrows, darker hair and a slightly different facial expression

I will get her along with Owen anyway and try to customize both to look more like they did in the movie.
Hopefully Cliegg Lars will follow to round out the family.

Reaction score

Seeing how Bail and Breha got the dark treatment, i wouldn't be surprised to see variants on those tatooïne farmers later on too.

Reaction score

TK_842 said:
Seeing how Bail and Breha got the dark treatment, i wouldn't be surprised to see variants on those tatooïne farmers later on too.
You mean the Tatooine sun-burned versions, right?

I think she looks good and I can't wait for this wave. Now we just need Cliegg and the older versions of Owen and Beru.

Reaction score

That carded pic looks a little like Helena Bonham Carter, but otherwise an awesome figure if a little light on accessories (c'mon Hasbro, Tatooine junk or something). Her and Owen will be one of the few figures I actively hunt for these days.

Reaction score

I agree, the accessory is rather bland - secondary characters like Beru should come with more, she certainly doesnt have the same selling power as say, Padme.

Reaction score

I like her, you really can't get too excited here over a moisture farmers girlfriend. The only thing that could've made this better is if she came with a moisture vaporator.
I'll be getting 2, 1 to customize into a Jedi. Just take off her skirt
and she'll look more action oriented.

Reaction score

Good to see she's got a decent figure for a release, could be better, not much you can do with a secondary character like this when they do not feature much and do very little in the movie apart from poor a glass of Jawa Juice lol!
As well as the jug, they could have given her a couple of mugs, maybe a tray to put them or something like that.

As for Moisture Vaporators, I'm selling them loose from the TAC Luke Skywalker (and selling him loose with coin), and Hasbro probably don't think it's worth while packing in something like that anyway as they don't think there is much demand for an accessory like that, but they are wrong as people do want them for dioramas, not just for Lars Homestead but for other areas of Tatooine they like to recreate where we tend to see moisture vaporators in the background.

Reaction score

Looks kinda cool packed, although the accessory is dull.

Hopefully the headsculpt will be as nice on the ones that hit retail.

Reaction score

With the release of both Owen and Beru as well as the Evolutions Anakin in the Saga Legends line-up it would be nice of Hasbro to timely re-release Owen's Swoop Bike from the 2003 SAGA line.

They're re-releasing Dooku's Speeder in the TCW line later in the fall. It was released in a wave assortment together with the Swoop Bike.

Or maybe they could release a Lars Homestead themed Battlepack:

Anakin Skywalker (Evolution mold with ball-jointed hips)
Cliegg Lars (all-new sculpt)
C-3PO (repainted TSC Ewok Diety version)
Swoop Bike

Reaction score

I am looking forward to this. I agree, another pegwarmer, but at first sight, I will pick one up. The only other way I will buy more than 1 is a variant like they pulled with the Organas... ugh.

Reaction score

I think Hasbro's learned their lesson with Yarna- Bail and Breha aren't nearly the pegwarmers that Yarna is. There are a few here and there but not a dozen of them at each location. Owen and Beru will probably be packed one per case in 1 or 2 assortments at best and because of the potentially very popular BAD will have satisfactory sales.

One thing Hasbro needs to do is use boards like RS with caution: just because a dozen or so fanboys are going crazy over demanding one figure be made does not guarantee a huge seller.

Reaction score

I just wish she wasnt the one that came with the torso. The least interesting figure with the most crucial part. Wonderful, Hasbro >_<

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
With the release of both Owen and Beru as well as the Evolutions Anakin in the Saga Legends line-up it would be nice of Hasbro to timely re-release Owen's Swoop Bike from the 2003 SAGA line.

That would be great, I never managed to get my hands on that when it came out. Hopefully if it comes with an Anakin it's better then the laughable one it came with that had a "rammed my groin on the steering controls" facial sculpt.

Reaction score

I hate hate hate hate this figure, but at least she will pegwarm so I can find her easy for the HK part.

Maybe I'll give a spare saber and pretend she's a Jedi.

Reaction score

Lord_Atmo said:
I just wish she wasnt the one that came with the torso. The least interesting figure with the most crucial part. Wonderful, Hasbro >_<
Now, you don't actually think that this is a coincidence, do you??? Both Yarna & Breha, two of the biggest pegwarms for the line so far, both came with a leg piece. While it may be bad for those who wnt lots of HK-47s, it is a smart move by Hasbro to include the torso with this figure to keep if moving off the shelves.

Reaction score

Darth_Lynch said:
Lord_Atmo said:
Now, you don't actually think that this is a coincidence, do you??? Both Yarna & Breha, two of the biggest pegwarms for the line so far, both came with a leg piece. While it may be bad for those who wnt lots of HK-47s, it is a smart move by Hasbro to include the torso with this figure to keep if moving off the shelves.
Now we have a choice between this figure and Jango with the torso piece. If this figure had no soft goods, it would be pretty solid and I might have bought it, but now that Jango is going to have the same piece, I'm certainly skipping Beru.

Reaction score

I'm glad to see this figure made and I plan on getting a couple of her. She'll be good custom fodder for other females.

I do have the feeling that she the most likely to pegwarm, but we'll have to wait and see. Putting HK-47 in this wave was a smart business move by Hasbro and that might help this wave move a bit better. I'm also sure that these will only come in this case and that will be it.

Reaction score

I am really excited about this wave, well mostly just for Owen and Beru. They both look like great sculpts and the soft good parts look like they may actually look good on the characters.

Reaction score

I got this wave of figures today from BBTS and was looking at this fig. Her hair is a really light blonde, but the pic on the front of the card is a dark brown. I wonder if their will be a running change down the road. I beleive the pic is the more movie accurate version.

Reaction score

AWESOME! You perfectly nailed that scene, one of the only good parts of ROTS. I can't wait for these two, and hopefully Cliegg down the line.

Reaction score

Now all we need are Owen and Beru from their final ANH scene.

Reaction score

Michael_Knight said:
DarthCatfish said:
Do you mean final as in crispy skeltons?
I'm sure there are some skeletons out there that can be used without Hasbro doing them and wasting spots for two great figures.

Reaction score

vadersfist69 said:
I got this wave of figures today from BBTS and was looking at this fig. Her hair is a really light blonde, but the pic on the front of the card is a dark brown. I wonder if their will be a running change down the road. I beleive the pic is the more movie accurate version.
I'd like to believe that but given that EII Anakin still sports a blonde head of hair, I won't hold my breath.

Ok, so maybe both actors technically have "blonde" hair. That isn't how it appears on the screen.

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
Michael_Knight said:
DarthCatfish said:
I'm sure there are some skeletons out there that can be used without Hasbro doing them and wasting spots for two great figures.
The one that comes with Amanaman looks spot-on... I always wondered if the prop in ROTJ was the one used as Owen/Beru's remains in ANH.

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
Carded Photo:

So, ummm, Hey Hasbro.....how do you release this one female figure, this one time, with a very good likeness but, Leia has never looked like Leia....ever.

What gives???

Whoever sculpted this fig, should do the Leia heads from now one. Ok??

Reaction score

Michael_Knight said:
DarthCatfish said:
Yes. Sort of like the ROTS Darth Vader with burn damage. I remember there was a parody site that had these (along with an Alderaan playset that was literally a box of rocks). Since they now have the honestead playset, why not make it authentic?