Ben's Star Wars room

Reaction score
Here it is, the Leia ROS saber by Korbanth. As soon as I saw this saber on screen I knew I needed one in my collection. This saber is really well made and I think it looks great even if it is not 100% accurate. Unfortunately this sample showed up with a few scuffs on it but the seller was a very reasonable guy who adjusted the price accordingly. I'm having a custom acrylic stand made for it and that should get here in about a week. Can't wait for it to go in the collection room.

View media item 398149

Reaction score
Wow! That's a beautiful hilt. See, you know I don't collect from the ST, but a lot of their designs, from outfits to weaponry, ARE really nice. This one looks beautiful. Sleek and elegant. I would put it in the same realm as the Dooku lightsaber. Congrats on the new Saber!

Reaction score
Hmm. That is why the design looked familiar. Like something I'd seen before. Probably because of all the Art Deco design/influence on Miami Beach seen on buildings, etc. It's got that French look to it. Very interesting!

Reaction score
Here it is, the Leia ROS saber by Korbanth. As soon as I saw this saber on screen I knew I needed one in my collection. This saber is really well made and I think it looks great even if it is not 100% accurate. Unfortunately this sample showed up with a few scuffs on it but the seller was a very reasonable guy who adjusted the price accordingly. I'm having a custom acrylic stand made for it and that should get here in about a week. Can't wait for it to go in the collection room.

View media item 398149
Huge congrats on the Saber Ben, looks beautiful!!

I have a number of Disney’s GE sabers that I would love to get acrylic stands for and even a Todd’s Costume DL-44. Can you provide more details/ pics on where you are getting the custom acrylic stand made? Would love to find some MR style options to display these pieces.

Also, we are currently on vacation in Charleston and Hilton Head. Beautiful areas in SC!

Reaction score
Huge congrats on the Saber Ben, looks beautiful!!

I have a number of Disney’s GE sabers that I would love to get acrylic stands for and even a Todd’s Costume DL-44. Can you provide more details/ pics on where you are getting the custom acrylic stand made? Would love to find some MR style options to display these pieces.

Also, we are currently on vacation in Charleston and Hilton Head. Beautiful areas in SC!
Thanks!

The acrylic stand I'm getting is from ebay member "swlaserart" (link below). Jay is great to work with and has reasonable pricing given that he'll tailor the stand to your specific saber hilt. He'll put the specific movie title on its base...mine will be the SW logo with The Rise Of Skywalker. He'll also take specific measurements from you as to where the supports should go so that the saber is level and centered on the stand.

I used Jay before for my Kylo hilt:

View media item 397514
The case for that one came from Cases for Collectibles. I'm not doing a case for this Leia saber though as it will be inside a curio.

Very cool that you're on vacation in these parts. Enjoy but stay safe. I'm sure you're well aware that the virus is pretty bad here now and hospitals are under extreme stress (I know as I work for one).

Ben

Reaction score
Thanks Julian. Now I really want a Leia ROS Jedi training flashback mini bust from GG to go with it. Oh, I know...doubt that will happen but I can dream, right?

Reaction score
Yup. Keep dreaming. That's what I do most of the time. :) Why there aren't versions of Leia and Han with their aged look from the ST movies makes no sense. Maybe they are afraid the likeness will not be there and the sales will fail. I have no interest for the ST, other than the look of the characters and places which is always attractive from every film, thus as someone on the outside looking in, well, I think ST collectors deserve to have these characters made. But then again I think about the Bespin Luke mini bust people have been asking for years to see made into a mini bust, and those requests falling on deaf ears, even more during the 40th anniversary of the film, and I'm left with one thought in mind: It is not what you want to see made; it's what they want to see made. :)

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty amazing that after all these years we haven't gotten a Bespin Luke MB. If they really nailed the likeness I'd buy one.

Reaction score
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Welcome to the Big FIVE-OH club!. From now on everything will seem to move a lot faster :)

Last edited: