Ben's Star Wars room

Reaction score
Great additions, Ben. The Obi Wan is a winner! I have been so tempted to add it but trying to not venture into Rebel characters myself. The K2 is also a great piece, congrats!!

Reaction score
Great additions, Ben. The Obi Wan is a winner! I have been so tempted to add it but trying to not venture into Rebel characters myself. The K2 is also a great piece, congrats!!
Thanks! Not to discourage you from getting something you really want, but in my experience when I've strayed from my focus/vision for my collection, I've regretted it. For example, I've never been into the Expanded Universe. But when I saw that GG Blackhole Stormtrooper bust and that MR Mara Jade SE lightsaber, they looked cool and I bought them both. Well those purchases didn't last long. A waste of time and money. I just didn't feel an attachment to them when they were sitting there in my collection. So my advice is to pass on the Obi bust even though it came out great. You set your focus for a reason. :)

Up next, I've got to unbox the GG Yavin Leia bust that I got last week. Honestly, based on the pics I've seen here, my expectations are pretty low. Maybe I'll be surprised with how it looks in hand.

Reaction score
Thanks! Not to discourage you from getting something you really want, but in my experience when I've strayed from my focus/vision for my collection, I've regretted it. For example, I've never been into the Expanded Universe. But when I saw that GG Blackhole Stormtrooper bust and that MR Mara Jade SE lightsaber, they looked cool and I bought them both. Well those purchases didn't last long. A waste of time and money. I just didn't feel an attachment to them when they were sitting there in my collection. So my advice is to pass on the Obi bust even though it came out great. You set your focus for a reason. :)

Up next, I've got to unbox the GG Yavin Leia bust that I got last week. Honestly, based on the pics I've seen here, my expectations are pretty low. Maybe I'll be surprised with how it looks in hand.
Thanks and I agree. Obi Wan kind of hits my wants on two levels, original SW character and a nice bust of a Jedi. But the issue is outside of him I am not too impressed by the other (human) core OT character busts. Sure Chewie or C-3PO are nice too, but it opens a can of worms so I am taking your advice and steering clear. Luckily I have limited space options so it helps make lots of decisions for me as well :).

Reaction score
I was hopeful that the Yavin Leia bust would surprise me and look better in hand but unfortunately it just really does not look like Carrie Fisher at all. It's otherwise a great bust. ;) :p At least I was able to use my $35 off code on this.
I had a hard time getting that damn medal to lay correctly...I tried positioning it in her hands the way they show it on the box but it kept turning to the side. So I came up with my own way of her holding it...a little crooked but at least it's front facing.

I stuck this bust on the side and a little back in my curio, with her face slightly in the shadows. An improvement for sure. :grin:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Almost word-for-word the issues I had with mine. I was just able to, after half an hour, get the medal placed somewhat facing forward. I also have mine displayed slightly turned away. The likeness is not horrible per say, but in my view, its not all there. Nonetheless it was nice to have her added to my collection and complete the Yavin trio.

Ben, yours looks good the way you have her displayed with all the Princess Leia mini busts.

Reaction score
Thanks! Looking forward to the Bespin Leia bust. And I think she'll fit fine on that same shelf so I won't have to sell one of those Boushh Leia busts.

Reaction score
Perfect placement of the mini busts and the signed picture, as usual. It looks great, Ben. Congrats!

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I have an 8X10 Ewan McGregor on it's way to me too.

Julian, please clear some space in your PM box. :D

That's nice on the McGregor picture. Looking forward to see how you display it with your collectibles when it arrives.

* As for my PM box, thank you! I'm wondering if an alarm clock sound could be added to the site alerting spaced out people like me, every time our PM box gets full. Thanks, Ben. :)

Reaction score
That's nice on the McGregor picture. Looking forward to see how you display it with your collectibles when it arrives.

* As for my PM box, thank you! I'm wondering if an alarm clock sound could be added to the site alerting spaced out people like me, every time our PM box gets full. Thanks, Ben. :)
Yeah, the really small PM boxes here on 'scum are kind of annoying. I make it a habit to delete something old from my inbox or sent folder every time I get a message. Anyway just PMed you.

Reaction score
Thanks Alex.
Here's another 8X10 that I just picked up from Topps. I feel like I've been waiting forever to add an Ewan McGregor graph to my collection so this was an exciting pick up for me. :D

Reaction score
Thanks Alex.
Here's another 8X10 that I just picked up from Topps. I feel like I've been waiting forever to add an Ewan McGregor graph to my collection so this was an exciting pick up for me. :D
Excellent prequels Jedi display!!

Reaction score
Great set up, Ben, as usual. It shows you can display collectibles of different sizes and styles in a group, and create visual interest. I agree about Padme. I have her as part of my PT collection (not being displayed), but she's possibly the one mini bust from all the arm-less ones I like the least. I'd be great if they would produce a new one with arms. As for Qui-Gon, not only would be nice if they were to offer a maquette of his, but also a differently posed mini bust where he is not blessing the congregation. :) TPM needs a little more attention.

Reaction score
Great set up, Ben, as usual. It shows you can display collectibles of different sizes and styles in a group, and create visual interest. I agree about Padme. I have her as part of my PT collection (not being displayed), but she's possibly the one mini bust from all the arm-less ones I like the least. I'd be great if they would produce a new one with arms. As for Qui-Gon, not only would be nice if they were to offer a maquette of his, but also a differently posed mini bust where he is not blessing the congregation. :) TPM needs a little more attention.
Thanks! Yeah, although the Qui-Gon bust doesn't have a bad likeness, that pose...*sigh*. I'd buy a refreshed bust with saber as long as the likeness was as good or better than the first one.

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, although the Qui-Gon bust doesn't have a bad likeness, that pose...*sigh*. I'd buy a refreshed bust with saber as long as the likeness was as good or better than the first one.
Yup. The likeness was excellent. The pose went in the other direction, unfortunately. A new bust sporting just as good a likeness as that one or better holding a saber, surely would be great.

Reaction score
Thanks! Here are the two shelves above and below...

It would be really great if GG would make an AOTC Padme with arms and blaster and a Qui-Gon maquette (but I know that's a real long shot at this point).
Awesome Mace Windu shelf as well! I also own two of the Jedi females from your bottom shelf. I get the thought process behind the Qui Gon, when he did the Jedi mindtrick to Boss Nass and tried it on Watto. But yes, it also reminds one of something else. The Padme likeness is horrible, she looks a cute Latino doing cosplay and nothing like the actress.

Reaction score
Awesome Mace Windu shelf as well! I also own two of the Jedi females from your bottom shelf. I get the thought process behind the Qui Gon, when he did the Jedi mindtrick to Boss Nass and tried it on Watto. But yes, it also reminds one of something else. The Padme likeness is horrible, she looks a cute Latino doing cosplay and nothing like the actress.
Thanks.
The Padme likeness is not there for sure but her lack of arms bothers me even more.

Reaction score
Thanks.
The Padme likeness is not there for sure but her lack of arms bothers me even more.
I know what you mean. Although the likeness on the Mace Windu arm-less mini bust was pretty good, looking at the mini bust always drove me nuts. To me he looked as if he was screaming in pain because his arms had just been chopped off. It was such a relief when they came up with the Mace Windu with arms! :)

Reaction score
I know what you mean. Although the likeness on the Mace Windu arm-less mini bust was pretty good, looking at the mini bust always drove me nuts. To me he looked as if he was screaming in pain because his arms had just been chopped off. It was such a relief when they came up with the Mace Windu with arms! :)
Ironically, it looked like Mace when Darth Sidious cuts his arm off LOL. Which was some major foreshadowing since these were released for AOTC. Makes you wonder if Lucas saw that bust and said "Hmmm..."

Reaction score
Both Mace busts have been some of GG's best sculpting work...they really look like Sam Jackson! You just never know what to expect with a GG human bust. It could come out great like Mace, Queen Amidala, Dooku, Tarkin OR it could wind up like slave Leia, Jedi Luke II, AOTC Padme, Bespin Han. :wtf:

Reaction score
They also did rather well with both EP IV Ben mini busts. But yes. All the ones you've mentioned as lacking likeness did leave a bit to wish for. And speaking of likeness, I sure hope the Bespin Leia mini bust coming up remains faithful to the promo sample. A little mess up with the way her eyes are looking (her pupils) and the bust could be ruined. Fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Got my replacement Bespin Leia bust the other day and thank goodness it's perfect. I love this bust. I really think it's one of GG's best. The paint apps are amazing...really precise. Her eyes, brows, lips were painted just right. And the sculpt was damn good to begin with. She's even got a little color in her face (unlike the ghostly white Hoth bust). Guess Lando said something to her that made her blush!

Reaction score
Good for you, Ben. Indeed she is a great sculpt and sports an excellent likeness. This one and the Slave statue are my two favorite Leia pieces by GG. Also, awesome way to display all the Leia mini busts, statue and thermal detonator!

Reaction score
Awesome Leia shelf there! Leia slave statue remains one of the best statues from GG, and one of the best renditions of this particular character, better than Attakus or Sideshow Premium Format

Last edited: