Ben's Star Wars room

Reaction score
Thanks very much Alex. Yeah, fingers and toes crossed right now. We just got back from a "stock up on hurricane essentials" run to the store. Seems most people around here are not evacuating (in spite of the mandatory evac issued). I'm just trying to stay positive and hope things don't get too bad this weekend.

Reaction score
You've done what's best to do in a situation like this: be prepared. As long as you have the necessary/essential supplies to ride the storm and deal with it's aftermath you'll do fine. Hopefully nothing serious will happen to your property, but if there's damage the insure will take care of it. Just keep all your important documents in water proof bags and take lots of pictures of your property before and after the storm to make a claim, if it comes down to that. The most important thing is for you to be protected as any material stuff can be replaced. As I mentioned to you earlier in my text message, our thoughts are we you and we are hoping to hear positive news from you after the storm passes. Hang in there, Ben.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ben ,we'll be praying for you and your family. You too Julian. My Brother lives in Florida as well and every year I have to have this conversation with him so it is indeed scary.

Reaction score
Thanks very much guys. I'm feeling a little more positive this morning as the storm is now just a cat. 2. I'm sure there'll be plenty of rain here over the weekend but the chances of my house getting blown down seem pretty remote now. :)

Reaction score
Happy to read that Florence has been downgraded to tropical storm, and while I can tell by the news on TV you might be getting a lot of rain, I'm happy to see everything is way, way much better than the damaging force it was once expected to be. Good for you , Ben!

Ben ,we'll be praying for you and your family. You too Julian. My Brother lives in Florida as well and every year I have to have this conversation with him so it is indeed scary.
Thanks, Trav. Six months out of the year, every year, the East coast gets threaten by hurricanes, tornadoes that sometimes accompany them, and tropical storms. While it is something we learn to live with and be prepared for, it is great knowing there are folks like you sending out good vibes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I feel for those getting dumped on in NC but we were very lucky here in Charleston. We have almost no wind and light rain.

Reaction score
Ben, Julian: Glad to hear you guys are okay.

I used to live in NC briefly while working on a contract for 3 months. So my heart does go out to them down there. Very nice people.

I was in a massive flood when I was 5, and I remember details from it quite vividly. So if something is traumatic enough even a kid does remember. It was the same years Star Wars came out so awesome also sticks in the memory banks too LOL.

Reaction score
Thanks, Trav. The storm wasn't really a threat to us here in Florida, but indeed it was a significant one for Ben and the Carolinas. Glad he made it through it without any issues. Hopefully nothing else will happen within the 2 1/2 months left of Hurricane Season. Whew!

Reaction score
Finally something to talk about here. Can't believe my last collection update was back in July. Just opened my new RS Prop Masters Biggs SE helmet and WOW. Love it! I feel like I've been waiting for someone to make a Biggs helmet for a very long time and RS certainly did not let me down. Now GG just needs to get on board with a Biggs mini bust. :)

Reaction score
That's a great looking helmet, Ben. Congrats on your latest purchase. Who needS unreliable eFX when RS Masters can deliver such nice and accurate replica. Their Sandtroopers and Scout Trooper buckets are also fantastic. Another great addition to your collection.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's a great looking helmet, Ben. Congrats on your latest purchase. Who needS unreliable eFX when RS Masters can deliver such nice and accurate replica. Their Sandtroopers and Scout Trooper buckets are also fantastic. Another great addition to your collection.
Thanks Julian. Yeah, really happy with how this helmet turned out and would certainly buy from RS again. Unfortunately I'm still waiting on the efx biker scout legend helmet which I paid for in July of 2014! At this point, I wish I had waited and gone with the RS biker helmet, as that one looks amazing. I've got my fingers crossed that the efx legend comes out better than the efx LE which had issues.

Reaction score
That looks great, Ben. I wanted to display my Code 3 Slave 1 in the little Boba Fett area I have, but decided on the Mythosaur skull instead, being a bit concern about it falling down, so it is in a Detolf with my other Code 3 vehicles. I have to say I do like how you are displaying yours alongside the Fett variants. I'll have to wait until Xmas Day to actually display the Holiday mini bust on my shelf, so looking at your picture will entertain my eyes until then. :) As usual, great set-up. Congrats!

Last edited:
Reaction score
That looks great, Ben. I wanted to display my Code 3 Slave 1 in the little Boba Fett area I have, but decided on the Mythosaur skull instead, being a bit concern about it falling down, so it is in a Detolf with my other Code 3 vehicles. I have to say I do like how you are displaying yours alongside the Fett variants. I'll have to wait until Xmas Day to actually display the Holiday mini bust on my shelf, so looking at your picture will entertain my eyes until then. :) As usual, great set-up. Congrats!
Thanks! Actually that Code 3 Slave 1 once did give me quite a bit of grief. I slowly lifted the ship up once to clean the shelf it was on and that black base stuck to the ship. I stupidly continued to move it without holding the base and at the worst possible moment the base fell off the ship and crashed down on the Boba animated maquette that I had at the time, snapping his rifle off. I was so pissed off! So yeah, exercise caution!

I am SOO envious of your Boba collection, Ben. Just pure gold!
Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks! Actually that Code 3 Slave 1 once did give me quite a bit of grief. I slowly lifted the ship up once to clean the shelf it was on and that black base stuck to the ship. I stupidly continued to move it without holding the base and at the worst possible moment the base fell off the ship and crashed down on the Boba animated maquette that I had at the time, snapping his rifle off. I was so pissed off! So yeah, exercise caution!
Oh, man! That must have been painful. Sorry to hear that. I hate it when I've done something similar, causing any type of damage to a collectible. Although it was a clean break which I easily repaired, I was one day cleaning one of my shelves and was moving the Jabba the Hutt bookends with the exclusive Boushh Leia on it. Thinking to myself the small statue would stay in place because of the magnetized feet/base, I walked with it a few steps and ... bang! to the floor Leia went, breaking off the arm holding the staff. I was so pissed off; I'd just received it two days prior. Agree exercising caution when handling these things is essential.

Reaction score
Nice set up!!!

I remember the hand to my Sandtrooper mini bust broke. Was holding it and it fell. Had to go and get a new one. Yes be careful!

Reaction score
Thanks!
The problem, especially with older GG stuff, is that they hid the seams really well for a lot of their "deluxe" items and a lot did not use the magnets that they now use. As the years go by it's really easy to forget that some of these weapons, hands, arms are just being held on to the statue's body by gravity. Then you go to move it and crash!

Reaction score
I'm just looking at the picture I posted above of the Boba/Hansicle/STs dio and man, that Boba rangefinder is WAY too long. I think it's removable? I've got to remember to use a pair of snippers on it if it is and trim that thing down.

Reaction score
Ben,be careful. I agree it is a little long, but it is not removable as far as I can tell. I bought mine sealed, directly from a dealer at Celebration in Orlando (the one before the last one there), and it came with the rangefinder attached to the helmet. At least mine can't be pulled out. I believe only the exclusive Deluxe Fett mini bust in the tin box has a removable rangefinger, besides the Holiday version just released.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ben,be careful. I agree it is a little long, but it is not removable as far as I can tell. I bought mine sealed, directly from a dealer at Celebration in Orlando (the one before the last one there), and it came with the rangefinder attached to the helmet. At least mine can't be pulled out. I believe only the exclusive Deluxe Fett mini bust in the tin box has a removable rangefinger, besides the Holiday version just released.
Thanks Julian. After giving the rangefinder a gentle tug mine isn't coming out either and I'd probably be wise to leave it alone. Nevermind!

Reaction score
You are welcome. You know, the minute I read your post about wanting to shorten the rangefinder, I went up to mine and tried pulling it out thinking that perhaps I hadn't noticed it was removable but, no cigar. I gave up after a few tries. :)

Reaction score
Here's an update. A couple of weeks ago Topps Authentics had a good sale on their autographed photos. I picked up an Adam Driver 8X10 to go with my Anovos Kylo helmet...

Reaction score
Here's an update. A couple of weeks ago Topps Authentics had a good sale on their autographed photos. I picked up an Adam Driver 8X10 to go with my Anovos Kylo helmet...
Not into the new movies at all, but that is a sweet auto and set up!

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the armless, classic mini bust line (and that's why I've waited so long to pull the trigger) but I just picked up the Poe bust. I figured for $21 shipped from Amazon, what the heck? It's actually pretty great for that price. :)

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the armless, classic mini bust line (and that's why I've waited so long to pull the trigger) but I just picked up the Poe bust. I figured for $21 shipped from Amazon, what the heck? It's actually pretty great for that price. :)

I collected the entire classic mini bust line, then when GG quit making them I sold off all but the OT Empire & Bounty Hunter ones. But to this day I think they are some of the nicest and most detailed GG busts ever made. Glad you like the Poe, it looks great in your collection now :).

Reaction score
I collected the entire classic mini bust line, then when GG quit making them I sold off all but the OT Empire & Bounty Hunter ones. But to this day I think they are some of the nicest and most detailed GG busts ever made. Glad you like the Poe, it looks great in your collection now :).
Thanks! The likeness, paint job, and sculpt are all top notch. I just hope they eventually get around to making a version with arms.

Reaction score
That Force Awakens shelf looks great!
Thank you, rnbuda.

Here is another TFA update. Just got the FO Special Forces TIE helmet to go with my FO Stormtrooper.

I didn't know this before Sergiu pointed it out down in the props section but apparently this helmet is based on real world tech, specifically the helmets worn by F-35 fighter pilots. The unusual bulge on the top of the helmet and cameras on the outside of the airplane allows the pilots to "see through" their fighter i.e. look down and have a view beneath them rather than see the floor. You can really see the similarities in these real world pics:

Reaction score
Ben, that helmet looks great! As you know I only collect OT nowadays, but I do collect all .45 mini helmets from all the films. I think GG is missing on sales by having the reins of the .45 helmet line and doing nothing with it. If they ever reproduce the FO special Forces TIE helmet you've shown above for the .45 line, it'd be an instant buy for me. Great addition to your collection, Ben.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ben, that helmet looks great! As you know I only collect OT nowadays, but I do collect all .45 mini helmets from all the films. I think GG is missing on sales by having the reins of the .45 helmet line and doing nothing with it. If they ever reproduce the FO special Forces TIE helmet you've shown above for the .45 line, it'd be an instant buy for me. Great addition to your collection, Ben.
Thanks! Yeah, I really don't know why GG squandered the rights to make the scaled helmets. Seems like these could be a really popular line and there are so many helmets yet to be made.

Reaction score
My first Rogue One collectible. Really pleased with how it turned out; she looks even better in hand as the photo makes her face look a bit too wide.

Reaction score
Just picked up the 2017 Ben Kenobi bust from another 'scummer and wow, this one is amazing! Very lifelike sculpt and paint job.

Reaction score
And joining Jyn is K2. What a huge, heavy bust! That base is just ridiculous!

It really is a nice piece. I was just watching the movie the other night as well.
Great movie. Really hope GG makes more R1 busts...Chirrut, Baze, Cassian, Saw, Bohdi, Krennick.