Ben's Star Wars room

Reaction score
Just picked up an efx Biker Scout LE helmet. I'm actually down for their Legend but since it's been 4 years since I've paid for that and there is still no firm date when it will be done, I'm using the LE as a placeholder. There are some issues with the LE when looking at it from the sides and top but I honestly don't care as the way I'm displaying it you only see the front (which IMO looks pretty darn good).
On display with some fan made OT helmets:

I also realize I never included a pic of my SS 1/6 biker scout statue so here it is with some GG busts and a MR blaster:

Reaction score
Love it! Your room has always been an inspiration for the way I display my own collectibles. It proves that, while we can have a lot piled up in a room, the way it is arranged makes a great difference visually, very pleasing to the eye. Great set-up , Ben!

Reaction score
Just an awesome collection Ben! I love the Attakus statues and all the artwork. Oddly even though I don't collect FS SW helmets I think they look great in collections and yours is no exception. I really love the Commander Gree, Boba Fett, AT AT Driver, Snowtrooper and Death Star Commander helmets!

Reaction score
I was going through the individual breakdown collection of your collection again and...just wow. The ones that really stood out to me were your setup of Attakus Tatooine statues and this Boba Fett setup. I always say I am not a FS helmet guy but if someone ever does a Boba this nice again, I may have to eat crow o-o.

Reaction score
Thanks Django! Yeah, I love that MR helmet. Considering it was a China factory made item, the paint job came out exceptionally well. It's funny you posted that picture because I swear I was just looking at those two items and thinking about getting one of those Regal Robot mini Mythosaur skulls to put between the SS statue and the helmet, replacing the patch. I'll see...maybe next time they run a sale.

Reaction score
Thanks Django! Yeah, I love that MR helmet. Considering it was a China factory made item, the paint job came out exceptionally well. It's funny you posted that picture because I swear I was just looking at those two items and thinking about getting one of those Regal Robot mini Mythosaur skulls to put between the SS statue and the helmet, replacing the patch. I'll see...maybe next time they run a sale.
Do it! :) You won't regret it, Ben. The skulls (anyone you choose) can only enhance more the look of your already beautiful display.

Reaction score
I have the skull on the plaque. It's a good medium sized accent piece. Looks fantastic & scales good with quarter scale without overpowering the statement of the statue itself.

Reaction score
I have the skull on the plaque. It's a good medium sized accent piece. Looks fantastic & scales good with quarter scale without overpowering the statement of the statue itself.
I'd love that piece but I think space is going to be a bit tight for it. Think I'll go for the mini next time it's on sale.

Reaction score
That mini on the desk mount plaque is pretty nice too. It's crossed my mind on a few occasions to acquire that piece as well.

Reaction score
I'd love that piece but I think space is going to be a bit tight for it. Think I'll go for the mini next time it's on sale.
Ben, not sure if you were aware of its size, so I'll mention it here if it helps with your decision: The skull on the plaque is exactly 7" wide by 11" high. I made a "leg" for the back of mine so it can stand on a shelf.

Reaction score
Ben, not sure if you were aware of its size, so I'll mention it here if it helps with your decision: The skull on the plaque is exactly 7" wide by 11" high. I made a "leg" for the back of mine so it can stand on a shelf.
Thanks Julian. Yeah, that's a little large for what I'm currently displaying. I'd have to sell stuff I don't want to part with so I'll keep an eye out for a sale on the mini skull.
Regards,
Ben

Reaction score
You are welcome, Ben. The smaller skull will look just as nice. I mean, it would be just an accessory, a n extra touch, for the two great collectibles you already have there.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Well, I just opened my FN2199 bust...

Yeah, big scratch on the shield, front and center. Grrr. I showed the bust to my wife without saying anything and she immediately commented on the scratch. I'm going to contact GG on Monday and see if I can get a replacement. BTW, I otherwise really like the bust and plan on displaying it next to Kylo.

Reaction score
That sucks! I hope they can resolve this issue for you right away. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just dug part of my statues and high-ends out of storage, looking to display and stumbled across this thread. First and foremost ... wow ... GORGEOUS and AMAZING. Really appreciate you sharing!

One of the things that brought me to your thread, tho, is that it looks like you have a Code 3 Falcon. My stuff has been in storage for NINE years, in a non-temperature controlled environment, and it looks like it all survived, which is nothing short of amazing. Except for the Falcon ... by my own hand! My finger slipped when I was pulling it out of the Styrofoam and I appeared to have snapped the belly gun off. Can you tell me how that thing is supposed to be attached? I can't figure out if I really broke it or if it just slipped out of place or if there is a post rattling around inside the Falcon now ... I am at a (frustrated, angry) loss as to how to figure out how to fix.

I mean, the good thing is if I keep it in "flying" mode, no one but me will ever know, but still ... nine years safe, and then my meaty fat fingers ruin an amazing old collectible.

Anyway, again, amazing collection. Thanks for any thoughts or details.

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the kind words, EwokThreat.
Very sorry about your Falcon. IIRC, the belly gun was attached to the Falcon when it was new. I don't believe it was one of the items, like the various body panels, that had to be put in place. I'm therefore not sure how it would attach (I'd probably have to break mine to find out and sorry, I'm not doing that. :) ) I suppose your best bet is to display in the flying position so the belly gun is hidden (or else use some glue). Sorry I can't be of more help here. Good luck,
Ben

Edit...I do believe the top quad cannon is a removable part...maybe that will provide a clue?

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/code3/code3-falcon-parts2.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, no! Wasn't advocating for you to break! :$ Just didn't know if it was more obvious by looking (and I couldn't find any decent pictures).

Thanks Ben!

Reaction score
I have the same Milennium Falcon on display. I can tell you that particular piece came attached to the bottom of the ship. Looking at the top cannon, however, and how it moves around, to me the belly cannon seems to be attached the same way. Not sure how yours came off, but at this point, as Ben recommended it, you can either display it without the cannon or using glue to reattach it to the ship. Sorry to read about what happened to you. It sucks when yo are the one responsible for breaking something you have kept well protected for years.

Here is the belly cannon as seen on mine. I just took these pictures:

... and here is a picture of the reverse side of the top cannon, which I think should be the same way the belly cannon is attached to the ship:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

* All this being said, Ben's collection kicks butt. An inspiration to me for years on what to get and how to display some of my own collectibles. Thanks, Ben, for letting add on a bit to your interaction with EwokThreat.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh wow - LightSword, THANK YOU so much. These pictures are a huge, huge help.

The break does suck, but being able to jump into a community such as this, and get such a quick response from you and Ben is, well, just amazing; wonderful support. It takes the sting out every so slightly.

Both your and Ben's collections are astonishing. Very impressive and very inspiring. It makes me even more eager to get my collection back up.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply and snap such detailed pictures, LightSword.

Reaction score
Oh wow - LightSword, THANK YOU so much. These pictures are a huge, huge help.

The break does suck, but being able to jump into a community such as this, and get such a quick response from you and Ben is, well, just amazing; wonderful support. It takes the sting out every so slightly.

Both your and Ben's collections are astonishing. Very impressive and very inspiring. It makes me even more eager to get my collection back up.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply and snap such detailed pictures, LightSword.
Ben is someone with a great taste in collectibles, plus an awesome friend and collector. Don't be surprised. You'll always find an honest and willing to help person in him . I'm glad what we have posted has been of help to you. That's what a community does: help each other out. Thank you as well for your kind words about my collection. And I agree with you. Time to bring out all of your collectibles from their 9 year imprisonment, and let them breath the cool air of a properly set Star Wars display. Looking forward to reading more about your collection in the future.

Reaction score
Julian,
Thanks so much for your kind words. You're a true friend and you should know that I greatly admire your collection as well. You've got a great eye for selection, placement and display of your collection. And thanks for those Falcon pics. You've helped many collectors on these forums many times and this is just another example. Very much appreciated.

EwokThreat,
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your collection once you're all set up! :)

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words, Ben. Once a friend always a friend. And looking forward to our next Celebration dinner. Although I'll be skipping Chicago, I'm hopeful the one after that will be back in Florida. Miller's Ale House is waiting! B)

Reaction score
I'm on the same plan. Passing on Chicago. But , will definitely hit the ones in Orlando, every time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk