benjifett22 / chefbenji22 is a thief and a scumbag

Reaction score
Sure most of you have seen this guy on eBay - I believe that he is registered on here as well

He purchases some Star Cases on the 25th and they were posted out on the 29th Priority Mail - they should have arrived on the 3rd but the tracking didn't update and he began to send me messages chasing them. I gave him the tracking number and explained that they were in the system. On the 8th he messaged me again saying he really needed them. As there was no update, and he had bought from me before, I agreed to send a 2nd set out.

On the 12th I log onto eBay to see this negative feedback left "❌TERRIBLE COSTUMER SERVICE ❌UNFORTUNATELY-SELLER DID NOT WORK w/ME"

Obviously really annoyed about this I messaged him asking what was going on - I also checked the tracking numbers and discovered that both were due to be delivered the next day - which they were - no idea why the first set took 14 days to get to him - but wasn't much more I could have done

Since then I have messaged him a number of times, through eBay, here and his email address - he has not had the decency to reply once. I tried to message him through his chefbenji account only to find he has blocked me - he obviously thinks I will stoop to his level

So, I am out $30.00 for the second set of cases - and am now stuck with that feedback because eBay will not remove it (I have just got off the phone having talked to them for 20 mins!)

I would avoid the guy at all cost - he is clearly a scumbag happy to steal from a fellow collector

Last edited:
Reaction score
???? But you are a terrible costumer. I saw you try to dress up as Kim Kardashian and it looked a pack of sausages squeezing through a polo

Reaction score
Sure most of you have seen this guy on eBay - I believe that he is registered on here as well

He purchases some Star Cases on the 25th and they were posted out on the 29th Priority Mail - they should have arrived on the 3rd but the tracking didn't update and he began to send me messages chasing them. I gave him the tracking number and explained that they were in the system. On the 8th he messaged me again saying he really needed them. As there was no update, and he had bought from me before, I agreed to send a 2nd set out.

On the 12th I log onto eBay to see this negative feedback left "❌TERRIBLE COSTUMER SERVICE ❌UNFORTUNATELY-SELLER DID NOT WORK w/ME"

Obviously really annoyed about this I messaged him asking what was going on - I also checked the tracking numbers and discovered that both were due to be delivered the next day - which they were - no idea why the first set took 14 days to get to him - but wasn't much more I could have done

Since then I have messaged him a number of times, through eBay, here and his email address - he has not had the decency to reply once. I tried to message him through his chefbenji account only to find he has blocked me - he obviously thinks I will stoop to his level

So, I am out $30.00 for the second set of cases - and am now stuck with that feedback because eBay will not remove it (I have just got off the phone having talked to them for 20 mins!)

I would avoid the guy at all cost - he is clearly a scumbag happy to steal from a fellow collector

Man... sorry to hear about this.

This is the say guy on ebay who uses those wild colors and big fonts and exclamations points everywhere isnt it? I saw his listing once before I knew he was a trouble maker, in fact this is the first time I saw someone post a watch out for him but I am not surprised. Anyone who writes in 50 size font with all sorts of colors is a big warning flag to stay away from.

Thank you for the warning.

Reaction score
Man... sorry to hear about this.

This is the say guy on ebay who uses those wild colors and big fonts and exclamations points everywhere isnt it? I saw his listing once before I knew he was a trouble maker, in fact this is the first time I saw someone post a watch out for him but I am not surprised. Anyone who writes in 50 size font with all sorts of colors is a big warning flag to stay away from.

Thank you for the warning.

Yep its the same guy. He always adds several paragraphs about how he hates repos and doesn't sell them

Reaction score
Yep its the same guy. He always adds several paragraphs about how he hates repos and doesn't sell them
yes yes and he adds some folksy stuff about being from Hawaii or something , like um ok....

Reaction score
I've been a buyer and also sold to him. Seemed like a genuine guy. Unfortunate how he handled the situation.

Reaction score
I've been a buyer and also sold to him. Seemed like a genuine guy. Unfortunate how he handled the situation.

Yes unfortunate he is a scumbag thief and ripped off one of the nice board members here who sells cases at great prices and gives flawless service. Why is it every time someone gets ripped off on this board someone comes to the thiefs defense! Ughhh!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes unfortunate he is a scumbag thief and ripped off one of the nice board members here who sells cases at great prices and gives flawless service. Why is it every time someone gets ripped off on this board someone comes to the thiefs defense! Ughhh!
I made a statement based on my experiences. That's all. How did you interpret that as coming to his defense?

Reaction score
I dont see how this statement by Craig can be seen as defending the offender. Words such as "seemed" do not come across as definitive affirmation in support or defense of someone. I have to wonder why is it that there is always someone out there ready to jump down someone elses throat to instigate problems, instead of reading clearly what is said.

Reaction score
I dont see how this statement by Craig can be seen as defending the offender. Words such as "seemed" do not come across as definitive affirmation in support or defense of someone. I have to wonder why is it that there is always someone out there ready to jump down someone elses throat to instigate problems, instead of reading clearly what is said.
Thanks. For the record, I did reach out to benji through eBay message and suggested he make things right.

Reaction score
Again-Yes unfortunate he is a scumbag thief and ripped off one of the nice board members here who sells cases at great prices and gives flawless service. Why is it every time someone gets ripped off on this board someone comes to the thief's defense! Ughhh!

Reaction score
Thanks. For the record, I did reach out to benji through eBay message and suggested he make things right.

I think this was a great idea, be nice if he did make things right and came here and explained the whole thing and fixed it.

Reaction score
Thanks Craig - someone else tried that for me as well and was met with a wall of silence so will be interesting to see if you get a response. The main reason I posted this thread on the forums and Facebook was the fact that he chose not to respond to me at all - if he had then I am sure we could have sorted it out

Reaction score
That's pretty messed up. I NEVER send anything out as replacements until I have some form of confirmation from the USPS, as sometimes there is delays. In your case, if sent Priority, they were insured for at least $50, or $100 if you purchased the postage online, or at least that use to be how it was. So, regardless, the purchase would have been partially covered if they were lost.

I'm truly surprised eBay didn't remove the feedback. I've only once ever received something other than positive, a neutral, about 15 years ago. I was selling tons of sportscards back then and making eBay quite a bit of money. I asked them to remove it, as it was total BS, and they declined. I left eBay, pissed, and started selling on NAXCOM (not sure if they're still around). Ebay contacted me after a few months and asked what was up. I told them they sucked for leaving BS feedback, and I took my business elsewhere. They agreed to remove the feedback, and gave me free sellers fees for one month.

Reaction score
I know this is off topic, but seeing this thread is killing me! As I am probably the only person on this forum legitimately named Benji (it's what everyone in my life calls me, from friends to employers to my spouse) and I'm a classically trained pastry chef- I just didn't want anyone to ever confuse this chef Benji with *that* chef Benji.
Sorry for dragging down your thread, but like I said it's been killing me to see this thread, knowing that some twerp is soiling my name :oops:

Reaction score
That's pretty messed up. I NEVER send anything out as replacements until I have some form of confirmation from the USPS, as sometimes there is delays. In your case, if sent Priority, they were insured for at least $50, or $100 if you purchased the postage online, or at least that use to be how it was. So, regardless, the purchase would have been partially covered if they were lost.
I sent the replacements out because 1) that is the sort of seller I am, customer service is a priority for me and 2) because up until that point I thought he was a good guy - I certainly didn't expect that feedback or for him to steal the 2nd delivery

I think this was a great idea, be nice if he did make things right and came here and explained the whole thing and fixed it.
The guy is just slime - another member reached out to him and was told that he would remove the feedback and make things right - but the guy did nothing - I genuinely hope that no-one buys anything from him - if he is capable of this sot of thing then he clearly isn't to be trusted

Reaction score
I sent the replacements out because 1) that is the sort of seller I am, customer service is a priority for me and 2) because up until that point I thought he was a good guy - I certainly didn't expect that feedback or for him to steal the 2nd delivery

The guy is just slime - another member reached out to him and was told that he would remove the feedback and make things right - but the guy did nothing - I genuinely hope that no-one buys anything from him - if he is capable of this sot of thing then he clearly isn't to be trusted
Well, thats a shame he did that, it really is. Thankfully its documented here what he did and other places in the Internet and you can count on it, what he did to you I am sure he does to others so it will catch up with him in time. I just knew something bugged me about him, and it was all the colored fonts and all caps and silly nonsense about "ahola" and other nonsense he puts up. However, his actions in dealing with you certainly affirm what kind of seller he really is.

Reaction score
Iain's feedback should speak for itself, but he is one of the most upstanding guys I have dealt with. Customer service is a giant positive and he takes great pride and care so this buyer took advantage of that. I hope no one buys off this benji guy and it will catch up to him.

Reaction score
This guy has finally surfaced on FB - peddling some crap about a Ledy Stormtrooper on a ROTJ card - Benjamin Menendez

Anyway I posted a warning about him and this was his reply

"Ian, you can write whatever u like. The truth hurts, WEASEL. BTW, I RECEIVED 20 emails, from my friends, telling me what you wrote on rebel scum. Within 12 hours of you, writing your lies. It's okay. I know who I am. Do you ? Good luck to you"

No idea what it is all about bit kind of shows the character of the man

Last edited:
Reaction score
Iain, I assume he is talking about the stormtrooper he has listed on ebay.

The cardback even says figures made in hong kong.

The ledy stormtrooper was never exported to be on a made in mexico card: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

He uses a one line ledy description in his auction which would be the correct coo, but the stormtrooper is carded so there is no way to confirm which coo is on the one he is selling: Stormtrooper | Variant Villain

I think the carded one he is selling is not a ledy, but rather is one of the euro figures if it even has the one line coo. It is impossible for this stormtrooper to be a ledy as that cardback and that stormtrooper would have never been at the same factory.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is easy to show the seller is an ignorant twit.

From the auction look at the belt above- the pattern is repeating bumps/humps with a little bump in between. Now a Lili Ledy (& PBP) has the big humps but a flat section between these bumps:

His MOC blaster is a square barrel end & triangle side clip- WRONG for all known Ledy. "
The weapon is thicker than Kenner versions and the plastic is never translucent."
This description has been removed from TIG.....

Reaction score
This guy has finally surfaced on FB - peddling some crap about a Ledy Stormtrooper on a ROTJ card - Benjamin Menendez

Anyway I posted a warning about him and this was his reply

"Ian, you can write whatever u like. The truth hurts, WEASEL. BTW, I RECEIVED 20 emails, from my friends, telling me what you wrote on rebel scum. Within 12 hours of you, writing your lies. It's okay. I know who I am. Do you ? Good luck to you"

No idea what it is all about bit kind of shows the character of the man
I'm glad I read this...i live in Hawaii and now put a face to the name and will avoid him like the plague...

Reaction score
This guy has finally surfaced on FB - peddling some crap about a Ledy Stormtrooper on a ROTJ card - Benjamin Menendez Anyway I posted a warning about him and this was his reply "Ian, you can write whatever u like. The truth hurts, WEASEL. BTW, I RECEIVED 20 emails, from my friends, telling me what you wrote on rebel scum. Within 12 hours of you, writing your lies. It's okay. I know who I am. Do you ? Good luck to you" No idea what it is all about bit kind of shows the character of the man
I don't think it was his "friends". It was more along the lines of "Make it right and do the right thing. It's a very small community".

Obviously he chose to not listen.