Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi (Kenner Deco) - Amazon

GNT

Reaction score
To celebrate celebrate 50 years of Lucasfilm Hasbro will be releasing a Kenner Deco version of Obi-Wan Kenobi:

Who is interested in this figure?

Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing it, just not sure if I am interested in buying it. If it has photo real deco (which it should), I am probably in for one at least for a head swap. I've got a metric butt ton of the original Obi-Wan that I picked up at Ross, simply for the robes.

Reaction score
I wonder if this figure will have photo-real facial printing? That way collectors could switch it with the previous release to have that more realistically painted head on the movie version and give the "simpler" (but still amazing looking) head to the retro figure.

Reaction score
I wonder if this figure will have photo-real facial printing? That way collectors could switch it with the previous release to have that more realistically painted head on the movie version and give the "simpler" (but still amazing looking) head to the retro figure.
Photoreal Alec Guinness would definitely elevate the figure into must-buy territory. Could swap the heads with the accurate color version, adapt the cloak for a different Jedi (Kit Fisto?), and use the base Kenner Deco figure for a background character of some sort.

Reaction score
Excellent idea! Makes all the sense in the world :)

Reaction score
i actually kindof dig the look of the kenner colorway. i enjoy having characters in alternate attires as long as they dont stray too far and become obnoxious. ill prolly bite

Reaction score
I'm telling myself I'm passing on these but it will be hard to once they are revealed. Less hard to pass once they sell out immediately.

Reaction score
I'm disappointed by the vinyl cape (although I understand it), but the face does look like a substantial improvement. Tough decision!

Reaction score
Observation from the Archive 50th line, the cardbacks are cheap and flimsy.
Expect to be underwhelmed by these as well.
Hasbro is really scraping the bottom of the barrel with these gimicks...

bac

Reaction score
Reaction score
Anyone else noticed these card backs are centered unlike 40th tbs versions, and likely taller in comparison, maybr not but hard to tell...
Screenshot_20210128-210814.jpgScreenshot_20210128-210832.jpg

Further studying, cards should be same size. Still may look odd w/ some centered and most not if displayed together. That's wh at I disliked most about TVC yakface card.

Last edited:
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!

I ordered 5. Love this version rather then the others they have done, never wanted them. This one screams at me, it reminds me of the original Kenner figure. I cannot wait to get it. Hasbro got it RIGHT for once, IMHO.

If Hasbro keeps this up, I will be a big time Black Series collector....

Reaction score
I ordered 2. I really hope that Obi Wan's light blue lightsaber blade can snap onto Jedi Luke's lightsaber hilt. That light blue blade would make for the perfect blue saber Luke.

GNT

Reaction score
I dig this reissue, the face sculpt looks really good in the promo picture.

Reaction score
The vinyl cape just doesn't match. I wonder if you can remove it without tearing or popping out the arms... the sleeves look too large for the arm holes.

I sort of dig the nostalgia, but... still more or less a repaint, and not a must buy.

Reaction score
Anyone else noticed these card backs are centered unlike 40th tbs versions, and likely taller in comparison, maybr not but hard to tell...
View attachment 376053View attachment 376054

Further studying, cards should be same size. Still may look odd w/ some centered and most not if displayed together. That's wh at I disliked most about TVC yakface card.
The Lucasfilm 50 logo looks bigger than the 40th Anniversary badges have been, so I guess pushing everything down a bit allowed them to not have to design around that pesky peghole.

Reaction score
WOW!!!!!

I ordered 5. Love this version rather then the others they have done, never wanted them. This one screams at me, it reminds me of the original Kenner figure. I cannot wait to get it. Hasbro got it RIGHT for once, IMHO.

If Hasbro keeps this up, I will be a big time Black Series collector....
Lol it reminds you of the old Kenner version. I wonder why that is 😂.
Now I know why it sold out So fast haha ! You bought 5?!