Ben Cooper Rubber Masks

Reaction score
I recently found two Ben Cooper rubber masks. After an exhaustive online search the only information I could find was a small mention in a blog post. According to the information there these were released for a short time before being pulled from the market because of a licensing issue. Does anyone have more information about the scarcity of these items or maybe records of a completed sale?

(I tried to upload additional photos, but they were too large.)

DSC_0412.JPGDSC_0414.JPGDSC_0416.JPG

Reaction score
I have no direction in terms of rarity or value, but darn that tag is in beautiful condition! Looks like new old stock.

Reaction score
Those are very interesting. I believe that most all of the Ben Cooper costumes that were made were manufactured in China not Japan. So to see the made in Japan mark is interesting. I know that in the mid 80s there was a Halloween scare when a child was killed by ingesting cyanide which sparked a big scare in parents not letting there kids go out and trick or treat for candy. That ultimately caused the demise of Ben Cooper who struggled through the late 80s went bankrupt, and sold out in 1992. I know that Don Post was also licensed to produce a rubber Klaatu mask in the 80's also, so I wonder if the licensing conflict came from something between Don Post and Ben Cooper? Purely spectulating, but it's interesting because one was produced and one wasn't. But it could've been because Ben Cooper was already starting to find themselves in financial trouble right about the time these were supposed to release.

Reaction score
Very cool! I recently acquired a fett version. Box isn't perfect but I think it's awesome! Mine says made in Taiwan and USA.

Attachments