Beedo's MOTUC and other Non-Star Wars customs

Reaction score
EVILSEED
Tendril Tweak

I could've sworn he was more of a redhead, and many other pictures around the internets show that I ain't alone, and that this is sometimes the case. Some magenta-ish paint layered over the brown on the top of his head to make him look a bit more thistle-like, and . . . .

Reaction score
Got some ribbons in an attempt to make Queen Veena bit lighter and easier to pose. Also added the staff-wrap which got cut from the final product. Obviously, the ribbons need adjusting and "training" a bit, but I think with a little work, I'll be happy with the results:

Reaction score
Well, I finally got off my backside and got around to a couple of minor, minor tweaks. I'm hoping this means I can get back into some heavier customizing, soon . . . .

"FILMATION" MODULOK
(Re-Tweaked)

I wanted to get Modulok's Filmation look right, but he needed a green belt, and I couldn't figure out how to achieve that. But then I saw He-Mullet's version over on IAT.net, and figured: well, so what if it's not a belt? What if that's a differently-coloured part of his mutant carapace? So I painted his waist-bit like He-Mullet did, except in a darker shade of green, to match the green used on his other parts (which aren't used on this iteration).

TERROR CLAWS SKELETOR
(Tweaked)

The darker shade on the production version of TC Skeletor's skin seemed to mute the contrast on all the other colours. So I took a "Standard" Skeletor, repainted the belt, and slapped on TC Skelly's armour and weapons. Oh, and I painted the inside of the Snapdragon's mouth, to match the original toy. I may do something to the Terror Claws themselves, but I need to think it through, first.

Last edited:
Reaction score
FILMATION FAKER 2.0

Filmation-style He-Man, with slightly thicker eyebrows and about three layers of AD&D Mist Glow White over his eyes. The irises / pupils still show through the milky paint, yet glow eerily green in the dark! The weird discolouration on his left wristband is due to me cutting off some mould-flash. I will soon repaint the wristbands to match and clean up his eyebrows a bit better.

Hey, whaddya know! I learned how to take pictures of glow-in-the-dark stuff!

Last edited:
Reaction score
FILMATION SKELETOR
(Tweaked)

Man, who is doing quality control on these things? Got two Skeletors from my subs. Both had brown smudges on them. One had an off-center skull, the other had sloppy paint on the skull. I took the least-smudged body, cleaned it up, swapped on the sloppy skull, and repainted the head. Unfortunately, the yellow I had was a shade or two too dark, but total coverage helped mask that. I also added some black to the inside of the hood to give the skull a "floating" look, and added a repainted MOTUC Havoc Staff, because I don't like the Filmation version.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nifty stuff, mate!

I recently acquired not only a Titans Return Trypticon, but also some Molotow Liquid Chrome paint pens, which I intend to use on MOTUC Flying Fists He-Man. But Ol' Tryppy was a good test-bed, I think . . . .

"CHROMED" TRYPTICON

TOWER & HEAD CANNONS

In person, the foil stickers on the tower cannons blend in dang near seamlessly with the chrome paint.

HIP ASSEMBLY

These look a lot smoother and shinier in person. Probably need to give them a second coat. I suppose I really should've removed these parts and used an airbrush for best results, but I don't have one.

TOES

I just realised I still haven't put on the toe-stickers, yet. Still waiting another day before they should be dry enough for that.

So, yeah. Molotow Liquid Chrome Paint Pens. Pretty dang nifty, and in more skilled hands than mine, can turn out some pretty dang nifty results. Highly recommended!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some tweaks trying out chrome foil sticker material to make these characters look closer to their "Vintage" incarnations:

RAM MAN

MEKANECK

Not perfect, but a decent proof-of-concept, I think.

Next, I think I'll try using the Molotow Liquid Chrome on some Multi-Bot torsos, but that's a few days away, yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
STRIDOR
(Seat tweak)

Yes, I'm still alive!

The back of MOTUC Stridor's seat was unpainted, so I touched it up using Citadel (Games Workshop) paints, a Molotow Liquid Chrome pen, and ToyPolloi's repro sticker as a guide.

Last edited:
Reaction score
MOTUC Night Stalker
Detailing

I figured "What the Hell" and did Night Stalker, too, since I had the paints out. Needs a bot of tidying up and clear-coating, but this is essentially done.

The panel on the other side is a mirror-image of the one above.

Last edited: