Beedo's MOTUC and other Non-Star Wars customs

Reaction score
Well, I figure since I now know where to post my non-Star Wars customs, I might as well set up my niche now, in anticipation of the deluge of soft goods I hope to get to eventually. (Plus a few other mods and original characters). As this is mostly going to be Masters of the Universe Classics figures, I may as well start with the only MOTUC custom I've completed so far, which you may have already seen in my other Customs thread. All the others are awaiting soft goods (and have been for some years) or some other form of completion, but with the downturn in Star Wars releases, I feel I may have some time to get into them soon.

Enough blather. Toys:

M.O.T.U. CLASSICS "FILMATION" FAKER

When I got my MOTU Classics He-Man, I noticed the waist was stuck, and wouldn’t turn. So I tried to turn it with increasing force, figuring it just needed some loosening up. And the plastic on He-Man’s torso parts cracked and spider-webbed very badly in several places. Luckily, I was able to bag a re-issue He-Man with a turning waist. But what to do with the damaged one? After all, I had to spend $35 to get the thing, not including postage and customs.

Well, I remembered that back in the 1980s Filmation He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon, Faker showed up twice (once in a cameo, under construction in Skeletor’s lab, and once in actual battle). And instead of the blatantly fake blue guy us kids of the Reagan / Thatcher years know and love, he looked just like He-Man. Except for the glowing eyes and Terminator-like endoskeleton under the synthflesh, that is. So I decided to use this broken He-Man as a test bed for a Filmation Faker conversion. I mean, it was damaged anyway, and how often do I get a chance to mutilate a $35 figure?

For starters, I painted over his eyes with AD&D’s Mist Glow White. This is amazing paint. One coat of it is nearly transparent. You can put three or four thick coats of it on something, and the colours and details will still show through (if a bit hazily). But when the lights go out, anything you paint with it glows a nice, bright luciferin green. Perfect for the milky, glowing eyes of Filmation Faker. I have been unable to get a shot of his eyes actually glowing, but trust me: they glow nicely in the dark, and you can still see his filmy irises and pupils in the light.

Then, I figured he should have some robotic parts. I traced around his breastplate with a pencil, then roughed out the size of the hole I’d need to cut, then carefully cut out a rectangle in the front of his chest with my roto-tool. (This is an instance where it’s very important to stay well inside the lines, folks!) Once I’d cut the hole and ground down the inside a bit to make a little more room, I painted a large portion of the interior of his chest cavity dark gunmetal. His removable computer core is made from a COMM*Tech Chip, parts from a broken hand-held tape player and other miscellaneous trash components I’ve scavenged over the years, a tiny fake gem, and part of one of those near-microscopic BlasTech DH-17s that came with the POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper.

I might give him a removable face with a metal skull underneath, but I’m not particularly confident that I could pull that off. Still, if I end up botching it, I'd have a salvageable computer core and know how to do this again if need be, and can make a Battle-Damaged Faker out of the remains. It only took a couple of hours to do this puppy, and most of that was finding the parts for the computer core and drying time for the paint.

Reaction score
Some more stuff you may have seen in my other Customs thread, but I'm now just putting it in the right forum. Some G.I. Joe stuff:

"COMPLETE" EDITION SERPENTOR

Cobbled together from several versions of Serpentor, plus some paint and protective varnish. Still undecided on whether to have the green skirt, gold skirt, or make a custom snake-belt and leave the skirt off altogether. Would like to make a better cape for him at some point, but that's low on the priority list at the moment.

CHAMELEON

Found out about this character whilst trawling through YoJoe.com's archives, had a spare Baroness, and went for it with some paint.

TELEVIPER

Got the TeleViper from the Vehicle Pack. Knew he was lacking something, but didn't know what, since I never had the original. Looked at YouJoe.com's archive, realised I somehow had the correct backpack (don't know how that happened, but I'm glad it worked out), and modified it so it would fit onto the figure. There's no cable connecting the DEMP gun to the pack because Cobra now works on Wi-Fi or miniaturised Broadcast Energy Transmitter, or something. And I didn't have a suitable tube.

. . . and then there're these randoms . . .

MARVIN & ZAPHOD - W-I-P

A stalled foray into 4"-scale Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy figures. Marvin the Paranoid Android is finished, Zaphod Beeblebrox is stalled because making soft goods for a character with two heads and three arms is difficult. Need some time away from it to re-think a fresh perspective and some add-ons.

DOCTOR CLAW (Masked)

Took the Doctor Claw figure, beefed up his left glove to approximate his right one, and made him a M.A.D. Grimalkin mask out of Sculpey to hide his face. Mask has broken and been repaired several times over the years, and doesn't stay on as well as it used to, so may make a new one eventually.

COMMANDER KRONIS

Yeah, it's a Star Wars custom, but it's also a bit MOTU. Had some problems with wrist-peg shearing, which left me with a trooper with no hands. So I turned him into a Clone Trooper version of Trap Jaw. The zip-line loop works, and all his weapons and hands are interchangeable via paperclip-based pegs, and can attach to his belt with magnets.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That Faker is really cool, and makes much more sense. It kinda bugged me back in the day when he was on the cartoon looking JUST LIKE He-Man, but the figure was purple with orange hair. Who you fakin' looking like that?

Nice Chameleon update, too.

Reaction score
KING HSSSS
(Nine-Headed Version)

My second MOTU Classics custom. I was planning out my Jessstor custom (I'll post him eventually), when I read about people making a seven-headed King Hssss to look a bit more like the Millennial MYP cartoon version. Since I used only the main head of one of my spare Hsssses for Jessstor, I had some heads left over, and figured I’d try my own hand at one of these sweet projects. But then I realised that my sculpting and carving skills, never very dazzling anyway, were on the decline owing to my worsening arthritis. I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to carve down the extra snakes well enough to make them look good. So I compromised, trying to leave as few cut surfaces visible as possible, which meant going with a nine-headed version of Hssss.

Using a roto-tool and Stanley knife to cut the two sets of “satellite” snakes off the main torso of the spare Hssss and pare them down (as well as carving some grooves in the back of the recipient Hssss torso), super-gluing the whole shebang together, and doing a bit of touching up on the frankly ridiculous factory paint jobs on the snake heads, this project took less than three hours altogether, although this was spaced out over the course of about a year and a half owing to lack of time and aching joints.

Besides covering for my weak chop-shop skills and general laziness, I reckoned nine heads makes Hssss look like an even more menacing nest o’ vipers, as well as making a direct mythological allusion to the Lernaean Hydra slain by Herakles as one of his Twelve Labours. Also, the original King Hiss figure had six snake heads, the MYP cartoon version had five, some customs give him seven, so I thought a little creative license would be tolerable in this area. Wouldn’t it also be kinda nifty if, like the Lernaean Hydra, Hssss could grow two heads for every one that got lopped off (or eaten) . . . ?

Seeing these close-ups, it occurs to me that he might benefit from a little bit of darker wash along his back where I’ve carved part of the main snake away for the additional “limbs.”

Reaction score
Neato, Beedo!
I think we need some more 3.75" MOTU crossovers!

Really, I wish every line would just do 3.75" figures...

And is that an Ash figure/figures fulfilling the Zaphod role? It works on so many levels...

Reaction score
Thank 'e, mate!

I was thinking of repainting a G1 Clone Trooper in silver, with a gold belt buckle and a red hawk-bat or jaig symbol on his chest and make him a Horde Trooper to go along with my Commander Kaan (leader of the Republic Elite Armoured Division known as "The Golden Horde" for their gilded livery - a fanfic idea of mine). Lots of potential with a Star Wars / MOTU cross-over, just don't have the time or resources at the moment. But I've had some ideas. Jawa as Orko. Saurin / Trandoshan as Whiplash. Hex & Rex / Fode & Beed in Two-Bad colours. Geonosian as Buzz-Off. Rum Sleg's head could be used to make a Spacy Skeletor. Slave Leia as Teela. Wookiee of some sort as Beast Man or Grizzlor. The idea is rife with possibilities . . . .

Yup, that is indeed a Splitting Ash, with an extra Vintage Collection Tatooine Luke arm plugged into the side.

Reaction score
Nice work mate! Diggin' your King Hssss! I have a couple of Snake torsos ready to do my version but it's quite far back in the queue.

Reaction score
Thank 'e, mate! I have such a huge backlog of soft goods capes and suchlike to get to with the MOTUC line, but the mood to crank out Hssss struck and wouldn't budge. Should probably do a bunch of the simple red capes and get 'em over with, but I've got an itch to succeed at something more complicated.

Got varying degrees of purple fabric. I aim to get Scare Glow into an impressive cape by the end of the year . . . .

Reaction score
MOTUC Nepthu

We all know this guy's problem. For a villain, he looks downright friendly, like he was preparing to help you move house in exchange for some pizza and beer. So I was hoping a bit of black paint around the eyes and eyebrows might make him look a bit nastier and more on-model. Thoughts? Helpful advice? I think he looks like Billy Zane from Titanic, now.

Reaction score
STANDOR
with cosmic staff

Not really a custom, just some cheezy accessorising. DayRaven over at IAT suggested glitter cocktail stirrers as a staff for Standor. I couldn't find any black glitter ones to match Standor's armour as DR did, so I went with a transparent starglitter version with a green LED at the top.

Yeah, it's cheezy, but so is Standor.

I am in the process of sorting out a couple more Horde bigwig customs. Just waiting for the paint to dry, then I can finish the soft goods. More on that later in the week. I hope.

Last edited:
Reaction score
STANDOR
Cosmic Staff Option 2

If you turn the light assembly around, you can make the staff glow instead of the star. Ooooooooh. Sparkly.

Reaction score
SPIRIT OF HORDAK
Soft Goods Cape

Through trial and error, I discovered that the see-through fabric type originally used on the Vintage Scare Glow cape can be found on Amazon as "chiffon fabric stretch material," and comes in a variety of colours. The red stuff suits this figure perfectly, but it's a stone lady-dog to cut well. Doesn't fray easily, so no need to hem or paint with clear nail varnish. It's thin, so it lies well and saves loads of weight, allowing for better balance and posing.

Reaction score
LIGHT-UP STAFF, Mk 2

Found some more light-up drink stirrers on Amazon, thought it would be cool to mix-and-match parts to make an ultimate light-up staff. Unfortunately, the caps on the coffee stirrers are juuuuuuust too small to fit on the cocktail stirrers. But the light assemblies swap easily. So I took the original drink stick, took out the electronics, and inserted the multi-colour flashing assembly from the coffee stick. And you get the following (WANRING! Contains flashing lights):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153738332400564&set=o.57309659843&type=2&theater

Last edited:
Reaction score
HORDE PRIME
-Augmented-

Standard MOTUC Horde Prime with a couple of tweaks. Heavy plastic cape replaced with blood-red velvet (lighter, easier to pose and balance the figure, plus he’s got a thing for velvet). Eyes painted glow-in-the-dark red (but couldn't get a picture of that, sorry). Circuitry on arms accented with silver paint, and red trim touched up.

Back view to show off cape:

Strike a menacing pose!

Reaction score
I'm not familiar withthis character, but I presume he is an ancient Egyptian-inspired character. The black paint definitely fits in with that theme. I think it does make him look more villian-like.

Reaction score
Thanks, mate! Yeah, Nepthu featured as a one-off villain in the episode "The Temple of the Sun." A scraggly peasant finds a mystic scarab-topped ankh in a desert temple and transforms into a muscular sorcerer with a blatant Egyptian theme. Only problem is, the figure didn't translate the face properly. In the cartoon, he had huge, angular eyebrows and shaded eyes (whether from make-up or from being sunken, it's not really clear). The figure just had average, arched eyebrows.

Most people customised the face of this figure when they got it, in varying ways, to make it look more like the cartoon:

The prototype sketch shows him with a braided beard as well, so I may try my hand at that sometime . . . .

Reaction score
TWO-BAD
(Armour touch-ups)

Wanted to touch up Two-Bad's armour since I got him; it seemed only the Baddhra side got much metallic augmentation, so I took an old pot of Citadel copper and did all the small studs and Tuvar's side of the armour, as well as the shield's rim and bosses. Citadel's copper is a bit more silvery than the Mattel one, but considering these were two different guys fused together, a tiny bit of difference was acceptable.

I would love to add some metallic paint to Baddhra's boot and gauntlet, so I tried some bronze on his boot-buckle. Do you think it's all right as it is, or does it stand out too much, and I should get a colour more like the light reddish-brown he already has on his gauntlets and kneecap?

Last edited:
Reaction score
RATTLOR
(Evil Horde outfit)

Decided Rattlor needed some touch-ups. His eyes looked wonky with their near-horizontal pupils, I wanted to make hiss rattle look a bit more "realistic," and I thought if I was going to put one of my Rattlors in with the Evil Horde, I'd better try to replicate the Filmation outfit he had (plus an armband). Still mulling over the idea of a Horde breastplate and crossbow for him . . . .

Okay, his eyes look blank yellow from the side, but at least he can see directly in front of him, now. };D

Modify a Hordak accessory, and here's Rattlor's Horde crossbow, borrowing heavily from his Millennial staff:

The strange thing is, the crossbow is almost the exact shade of blue as the metallic bits; for some reason, my digital camera washes out most blue paints.

Last edited:
Reaction score
BADDHRA
(Bronzed)

I took some old Citadel Bronze paint and went over Baddhra's gauntlet and boot armour with it.

Reaction score
MODULOK
(Parts Modifications)

"Trouser" cuffs and underside of tail done in green, clawed hand swap for symmetry, and a stab at Filmation colouring. Still trying to figure out how to replicate the Filmation belt, though.

. . . and the inevitable result:

Not seen: Left hand with three claws.

Reaction score
Some light MOTUC repainting . . . .

MER-MAN
I used the free Mer-Man I got in compensation for Frosta's swapped forearms to see if I could replicate his Vintage yellow-orange trunks look:

Might be a bit too orange.

DOUBLE TROUBLE
I refuse to call her "Double Mischief." Double chins painted over with green to match her collar and helmet, which helps a bit. "Good" side of her crossbow repainted silver to match her boots because there's already too much mint green there. Idea taken from C. W. Clark from the MattyCollector Facebook page. Got some fabrics and holographic stickers on the way from Amazon, so I soon hope to have her fully Vintage-looking in a couple of weeks.

I may even attempt fake-hair ponytails made from stripped fabric at some point.

MILLENNIAL HAVOC STAFF
Had a few extras lying around, so I thought I'd see what I could do. Didn't like Games Workshop's copper from my Two Bad touch-ups (scrapes off too easily), so tried a different tack. This is a black undercoat, overbrushed with Boltgun Metal (or modern equivalent, because Games Workshop keeps changing the names of its colours or reformulating them) and Burnished Brass (or modern equivalent).

I may try for a "natural"-coloured one, with bone skull and brown horns, sometime.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some light eye repainting . . . .

BUD
Clone offspring of Modulok

Modulok created his secondary head from cybernetic parts and his own genetic material, hoping to transfer Man-At-Arms’ technical knowledge into it to add to his own twisted genius. Duncan was rescued, and not being one to waste materials or work, Modulok put the head into a nutrient jar to keep it alive for later. Soon, he found his project had started to grow a new body! He let the mindless body develop to maturity then copied his brainwaves into the empty skull, creating a new life-form. Capable of merging with Modulok and enhancing his power, Modulok named his offspring “Bud,” in tribute to the manner of his birth. Bud generally assists Modulok in the lab, keeping out of the way whenever possible. Bud is a meek and nervous type, because he enjoys his independence and dreads merging with his clone-father, in case he’s never released again.

I had the parts, so I figured why not? Shaved off the sticky-out pupils. Slight repaint on the kneepads, cuffs, and boot-tops, with some metallic green accents. Wanted to try for a more insect-like look for this guy.

MODULOK

Yet another eye repaint for the "Galen" head. Okay, it's not perfect, but I think it looks better than the production head's eyes.

MODULOK FAMILY

A gathering of my MOTUC Modulok modifications, (l-r): Bud, Beast Modulok, Filmation Modulok. (Foreground): Filmation Modulok secondary head.

GENERAL RATTLOR
(Snake Men Armour)

Another slight eye repaint with improved slit pupils. I think my first attempt was better, though.

RATTLORS

Side-by-side comparison of the new eyes in Snake Men General and Horde Commander Rattlors.

STANDOR
(Staff augmentation)

Found some black sparkly holographic star stickers on Amazon.co.uk, so thought I'd see how they'd look on the light-up drinks-stirrer staff I gave to Standor. Not as great as I'd hoped, as it turns out. Can't get a good picture with the flash, and they don't sparkle except in a very narrow viewing angle.

EXTENDAR
(Doubly Extended)

Haven't seen any other posts about it online, but if you wondered what Extendar with a double-dose of extension pieces looks like, here's the answer. Very lanky and slightly lopsided, as it happens.

Reaction score
BATTLE-DAMAGED FAKER
(hair swap)

I took the proper-coloured hair from the original Faker, and swapped it onto the Battle-Damaged Faker head that came with Intergalactic Skeletor. This was not as easy as I thought it would be. Besides several soakings in boiling water and some nerve-racking tugging and prying to get the scalps loosened, I had to carve off some vestigial glue on the target head, whittle down some of the ridges inside the brown hair, touch up the hair with some paint, and then finally superglue it in place. Nothing requiring phenomenal skill, just trickier than I thought it'd be. End result is nothing mind-blowing, it just . . . fits in nicely.

The main reason I did this, rather than just repainting BD Faker's hair the right colour, is because the new hair has big, bold, obvious mould lines in it. The old hair does not.

Last edited:
Reaction score
RIO BLAST
(Touch-ups & tweaks)

Like many, I had a lot of issues with the new MOTUC Rio Blast. (Surprisingly, the head sculpt was not one of them; I seem to be one of four people on the internet who actually like the new noggin on this guy.) Anywho, you've probably seen some other people's tweaks, which I've also done, but I won't bore you with rehashing them here. Instead, I'll just show what I've done differently in addition to those other fixes.

Chest circuitry super-glued on. A couple of actual wires and some offcuts from the bit I cut out of his cuirass so the flap would close. Man, this part was insanely fiddly. I kept dropping the wires and losing them.

Chest circuitry painted, cuirass with the hole cut in the front.

Flap closes better now. I also bronzed the elbow pins so they blend in with his gloves a bit more. Funny thing is, they look a closer colour-match in person. Right side view . . .

. . . and the left side view. I think the actual flap might be warped, because there's nothing impeding the cannon-plug; a lot of bits came out of the package warped, most of which I fixed with boiling water. Guess I missed this one.

Experimenting with chrome foil stickers. Reckoned I'd give his visor a bit of jazzing up. Need more practice applying the sticker, but the initial results are promising.

And of course, with his mirrored shades, I had to do THIS:

Last edited:
Reaction score
A large package arrived today, and I was utterly compelled to get this done before 24 hours was up.

WARNING! Flashing lights!

LIGHT HOPE
(“Filmation” version)

The Light Hope figure is pretty dang cool. This is widely (if not universally) agreed upon. But he doesn’t look much like a flashing wall of multi-coloured light, as he does in the Filmation cartoon. With some white spandex, two multi-flash drink-stirrers, and some tools, I fixed that . . . .

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154776040395564&set=o.57309659843&type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed

To make his flashing staff, dip the top of his production staff in a mug of boiling water for a couple of minutes. The miniature Crystal Castle should pop off fairly easily. You can then cut the gold ferrule off the bottom. Take one of the drink-stirrers and roto-tool off most of whatever design is on top (though leaving the post it’s attached to), as well as the agitator globe at the bottom. All being well, you can just pop the mini-castle right onto the sawn-off nub on top of the electronics capsule nice and securely without needing glue or other fixatives. For the ferrule on the bottom of the staff, I drilled a tiny hole in the bottom of the stick and in the top of the ferrule, then joined them using a small segment of paper-clip. Again, no gluing required if you’re careful enough.

For his “internal” light-show, I took another multi-coloured flashing drink-stirrer and cut off the entire stick, as well as most of the decoration on top, leaving just the electronic capsule with a small tab on top. I then drilled a hole in the remaining tab, and ran a gold thread through it to make a “necklace.” I hang this down his back just before I’m going to turn it on.

I then carefully cut away as much of his heavy, white-painted plastic drapery as I was able, touched up the bare areas with some paint, and replaced what I cut off with appropriately trimmed white spandex (the whitest fabric I could find). If you can get the cape to hang just right, it turns into a wall of flashing colours, which you can see at about the 00:37 mark.

Switch on both electronics capsules, and look at the pretty colours . . . .

Last edited:
Reaction score
LIGHT HOPE
(“Filmation” version)

Tried to get some photos of the light-up effect, but I can't seem to do it justice. This'll give you an idea of what it looks like, but for best results, please see the video-link in the post above.

Reaction score
TUNG LASHOR
Evil Horde Outfit
("Hybrid" Filmation style)

This work-in-progress is to see if the parts I wanted to use to make a semi-Filmation-style Evil Horde Tung Lashor would work together. Still have to do some gluing and quite a bit of painting, but I think it'll work out in the end. I prefer the vintage figure's look to that of the cartoon, so I figured I'd just put the cartoon clothes on the vintage figure for a "hybrid" look.

Base figure and feet: Tung Lashor
Legs: Sy-Klone
Boots: King Randor
Armour: Hordak (trimmed)

Last edited:
Reaction score
TUNG LASHOR
(touch-ups)

Cut the ridiculous teeth off his tongue, touched up the tongue, teeth, gums, and chest symbol, and put on some more gloss coat on the tongue and teeth to give them a wet, drooly look. Touch-ups look less obvious in person.

Reaction score
TUNG LASHOR
(Evil Horde)
WORK-IN-PROGRESS

Okay, so here's Tung Lashor's Evil Horde look from the waist down. The blues, as always, look paler than they do in person. Here's the thing, though: can anyone tell me what's up with the gap between the boots and the shins? And any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
WAR SLED
Evil Aerial Transport!

Tired of the Heroic Warriors’ superior vehicular technology, Skeletor sent Tri-Klops to steal the design schematics for Duncan’s Battle Ram. Interrupted before the download was complete, Tri-Klops fled with the plans for just the detachable front section, and used them to create the War Sled. (Tri-Klops would later go back to the drawing board and create the Battle Ram Chariot, a vehicle of a completely different design that duplicates the destructive battering power of Duncan’s Battle Ram, if not its versatility.) Almost the equal of its Heroic counterpart, the War Sled features a serpent figurehead and a dark green colour scheme, with increased firepower at the cost of a slightly slower top speed. Skeletor also commanded the dragon design on the impact-resistant engine cover panels to be painted to pay tribute to his favourite pet, a venom-spitting Eternian lesser desert rock dragon called Butternut, who occasionally rides into battle on Skeletor’s back. Tri-Klops constantly tinkers with the design of the War Sleds to adapt them for special missions. Skeletor and his Evil Warriors use War Sleds to attack from above!

Reaction score
TUNG LASHOR
(Evil Horde)

WORK-IN-PROGRESS

Ain't had a lot of time to customise lately. Thought I'd post a really easy yet satisfying little project that can be done in an evening, as an offshoot from the Horde Tung Lashor I'm working on. Since he's now Horde, he needs a crossbow. Like with Rattlor, I took a spare black Hordak bow and shaved off the ears. I also cut off the handle. I took the clip out of Tung's dragonly crossbow (boil-and-pop), and found it fits nice and tightly into the gap near the back of the Hordak bow's stock. No gluing needed. Lick of paint. Done!

Clips on nicely!

Seriously. Just boil-and-pop the clip out of his old crossbow and shove it in the gap at the back of the new one. Ridiculously easy!

And a quick side-by-side. Man, digital cameras do not like Games Workshop blues, do they? Trust me, these are a much closer match to the original colours than what they look in these photos.

Reaction score
PROCRUSTUS
(hair re-colouring)

I'm attempting to get the MOTUC Procrustus' hair to look more like it did in his one-and-only appearance to date, the mini-comic The Magic Stealer:

As you can see, it's green, whereas the figure's hair matches his sandy-coloured skin.

So I layered on some Games Workshop Goblin Green, which was too dark. Overcoated it with Slime Green, which was way too bright, but added nice layering, and finally did it over with Khorne Green ink, and here's the end result:

It looks better than it did, but that ain't saying much. Any colour suggestions, or should I just quit and be satisfied with what I've got before I muck it up completely?

Oh, and I've also done his eyes in several layers of AD&D Mist Glow White, which I quite like the effect of, especially in the dark.

Last edited:
Reaction score
LIZARD MAN
Touch-Up Attempts

My MOTUC Lizard Men (Lizard Mans?) started to arrive today, so I started mucking about with tweaks.

Originally, I intended to put a swivel joint at the base of Lizard Man's tail to make him a bit more poseable. So I cut off his tail, and saw this mess inside:

Looks like it was designed specifically to deter swivel-joint adding. A project for someone with more skill and patience than me, then. I also tried He-Bro's shoulder/bicep fix, but it didn't work very well. Will keep at it, to see if I can get it right. Good thing I have more on the way!

One of the things I liked about many of the reptiles and amphibians I kept as pets when I was younger was their beautiful shiny golden eyes. So I redid Lizzie's eyes in the same metallic shade, and moved his pupils a bit more center-forward. This is just Games Workshop Shining Gold, Chaos Black, and 'Ardcoat Gloss Finish, with green touch-ups around the eyes where the gold went a little "outside the lines":

Last edited:
Reaction score
MULTI-BOT
Filmation Version

Got this guy today, and couldn't wait to see how a Filmation-coloured repaint might make him look. But before I broke out the paints, I wanted to see how the construct would look in general. Yeah. I think someone on Shapeways could make some money, here . . . .

Last edited:
Reaction score
ROTAR
Gear Grinder Quick-Fix

I dunno about anyone else, but this was bugging me enough to do something about it:

And you can still pop the gears out and swap them around the chassis. Just try to stay "inside the lines," and you should be okay.