BB-BOO20

Reaction score
Good thing this one doesn't interest me in the slightest, then I don't have to worry about not being able to get it. And with the parks being closed/reduced admittance these will likely be come more expensive to obtain.

Reaction score
Cool, I guess. Quoted from yakface: "Judging by the packaging art, this figure is from the planet Pasaana from The Rise of Skywalker."

Reaction score
so 30-40 bucks on ebay already....funny how 1st few listing price these like that. So....when should this be on disney site to order? i'm thinking in past it was mid august, but cant say for sure

Reaction score
I like all these holiday droids. Even though BB droids aren't my preferred droid, it will be added to its holiday siblings.

I wonder if it is tied to TROS or is Batuu related.

Reaction score
So....when should this be on disney site to order? i'm thinking in past it was mid august, but cant say for sure
My order for last year's R4-BOO19 Halloween Droid Figure was placed on August 26.

Reaction score
Another disappointing release in the Droid Factory holiday line.:confused:

Really wish they would ditch this concept of trying to make the holiday droids resemble actual objects (candy corn, xmas ornament, and now a pumpkin). Every time they do it, the final product just looks bad, and I skip it altogether. They had the right idea when they started out with R2-H15 and R2-B00. Just take the colors that are typically associated with those holidays, and make interesting patterns out of them! How hard is that?

Reaction score
i was kinda hoping/expecting an R6-BOO20 given that for past 4 years they were R2, R3, R4, and R5 consecutively and same w/ the Christmas/New Years droids. I'm really surprised they haven't done a Hanukkah or Kwanza themed holiday droid. Now that they've got a D-O mold i suppose a 2pk of D-O elves could be possible

(...D-O elves.....now I'm in the mood for some Ronnie James Dio music...RIP )

Last edited:
Reaction score
I assume you're joking, but Disney would probably never make one inspired by a purely religious holiday. Christmas may be considered a religious holiday by millions of people, but just as many people celebrate the secular aspect of it (gift giving, Santa, etc.), thus it's safe for Disney to make themed items based on that holiday. While a Hanukkah theme would probably never happen, I'm surprised they haven't done an Easter themed droid yet. Astromechs in pastel colors would sell like hot cakes.

Reaction score
I wonder if these will be available at Target with the other GE stuff. Would be a good way to boost sales & bring in non-collectors.

Not a fan of this but would consider getting one if it was available at Target.

Hoping the Christmas droid is better.

Yes I would get a Jewish Dradle droid if they made one. Or even Quanza.

Reaction score
I assume you're joking, but Disney would probably never make one inspired by a purely religious holiday. Christmas may be considered a religious holiday by millions of people, but just as many people celebrate the secular aspect of it (gift giving, Santa, etc.), thus it's safe for Disney to make themed items based on that holiday. While a Hanukkah theme would probably never happen, I'm surprised they haven't done an Easter themed droid yet. Astromechs in pastel colors would sell like hot cakes.
actually, i wasn't joking. It's just that every corner of life, society demands equality for all so that no one group feels left out or denied same treatment. And in honesty, I don't buy them for the theme, I buy them for the uniqueness of a "new" droid character. And yes, pastel/bright colored "Easter" droids would be OK w/ me too. In fact, when their red 3po excl 1st leaked, I, like many others, thought, "Hmmm...upcoming Valentine's day droid? Interesting., maybe next year a CW based R2-KT like was seen in the 1 droid D-squad arc on Clone Wars".

Last edited:
Reaction score
actually, i wasn't joking. It's just that every corner of life, society demands equality for all so that no one group feels left out or denied same treatment. And in honesty, I don't buy them for the theme, I buy them for the uniqueness of a "new" droid character. And yes, pastel/bright colored "Easter" droids would be OK w/ me too. In fact, when their red 3po excl 1st leaked, I, like many others, thought, "Hmmm...upcoming Valentine's day droid? Interesting., maybe next year a CW based R2-KT like was seen in the 1 droid D-squad arc on Clone Wars".
They are definitely in a weird position TBH, while "holiday" themed items are subjective to certain individuals it is the mass population that is the overall attractant.
I can totally understand Eater as one that's considered "religious" more than Xmas. For 90% of the populations it's basically about family gatherings and merchandising to boost sales. Where as Easter is rooted more heavily in gathering for a very different reason.

However, given Disney's stance on some things makes it odd that they do a Halloween themed Droid considering its seen as Pagan by many.

While I only collect them for the unique colors I am surprised at how long they have lasted with so many people that complain over these kinds of issues, and Disney not wanting to offend anyone.

Personally I wish they would get a little more creative with the designs, it almost feels like they simply program "pumpkin" into the computer and that's what the machine spits out. I get that this process might be cheaper than going with an actual haphazard paint scheme, and that' they're really only into this for a quick buck.

pod

Reaction score
Disney parks, merchandise, and media are full of halloween themeing, and always have been. It's not actually controversial at all. I'm sure far more people associate religious reverence with Christmas than paganism with halloween.

Reaction score
Another BB Unit!!

I'm an Astromech completist & I haven't even bothered with the last one yet, mainly because I'm beginning to despise BB units in design & concept. I'm almost considering purging them from my collection.

Reactions: pod

Utinniii

Reaction score
Stupid Charles Manson ruined Halloween. Before him, devils and witches were totally fine for decorations, but when he added a satanic element to his cult, suddenly devils and Pagans were much worse off in Canada.

I don't mind missing out on this. If it had a different BB head I might have been tempted as I missed the BB pack.

Reaction score
What happened to BB-8 being "one of a kind" in TFA?
I had always interpreted that comment as figurative rather than literal, as in, he was special to Poe in the same way that R2-D2 is special to Luke. Poe also says that BB-8 is, 'a BB unit', when describing the droid, which would be meaningless to anyone if he was the only one. We have seen plenty of others in the movies and tv shows since then, in any case. :) Happy to see some colour variation, even if this one isn't the most exciting.

Reaction score
Just Poe showing his love for BB-8. There are many BB units in the Resistance.

There are many R series droids but R2-D2 is "one of a kind" too.
True now, but its a merchandise driven Last Jedi retcon. The other Resistance & First Order BB units were nowhere to be seen in The Force Awakens.