BB-8, Unkar's Thug & Teedo (Jakku Scavenger)

Reaction score

Here are some pics, guys...

The heavier version has a small antenna and a peg hole in its base. I can't really tell much of a difference in color or paint applications. Not sure which I like better, so I'm keeping both for my cabinet.

Reaction score
...aside from the obvious paint application / mold difference in the antenna I should say. The smaller version is more of a silverish and the first release is a dull gray plastic.

Reaction score
Just checked my BB-8. Mine is the heavier version with the peg hole at the bottom, but it has the first version's antenna. :)

Reaction score
Hmmm. Not sure if this is different enough for me to spend another 15.00 to get one. I'll have to think about it.

Reaction score
Saw a new "Mission series" multipack in Sainsbury's with a re-pack of this BB-8 (peg hole long antenna variant) along with Chewbacca, Stormtrooper, Kylo Ren + a few others I can't remember.

Reaction score
I love that this set -- my first toy of the Sequels are all pretty easy to spot in the movie. :)
(Which I thoroughly and proudly enjoyed.) But this is now especially a great little set.

Reaction score
I'd like to hope it was just misdirection prior to the film's release, but with hasbro stating there won't be any beasts released, it seems shameful for them to not make Teedo's ride.

Reaction score
I don't recall seeing these two in the movie at all. Will have to wait for the Blu-ray release to see who was actually onscreen and for how long.

Reaction score
I too like how easy these characters were to spot in the movie. Teedo especially got a decent amount of screen time and lines for a backgrounder.

I almost missed Unkar's thug and Rey disposes of him pretty quickly.

Still, a solid set and much more gratifying than say Sarco or Zuvio. Those two are being evicted.

Reaction score
I'd like to hope it was just misdirection prior to the film's release, but with hasbro stating there won't be any beasts released, it seems shameful for them to not make Teedo's ride.
Did they say no beasts ever in the TFA line or just for now?

Reaction score
Don't quote me, but I believe they said there would be no beasts in TFA line at all.

Reaction score
Yeah, Teedo's mount was pretty unique. I'd buy it but at this point I don't see it happening. They would have saved Teedo to be packed in with his beast if they had plans for his beast. Releasing his beast now just wouldn't sell.

JVM

Reaction score
I liked the 3pack and thought it was a fun way to get BB-8. Unkar's Thug sure got around well in the merchandising. I do wish the net thing worked better. Can't really catch BB-8.

Reaction score
Yeah, Teedo's mount was pretty unique. I'd buy it but at this point I don't see it happening. They would have saved Teedo to be packed in with his beast if they had plans for his beast. Releasing his beast now just wouldn't sell.
I'm not so sure... the way hasbro has been doing things lately I wouldn't be surprised if they (ignoring the 'no beasts' comment) released the mount with no Teedo, forcing consumers to buy the three pack to get him. I absolutely agree though it wouldn't sell well. I don't think the average consumer would quite get it.

Reaction score
If one thinks about it, with this being the only real BB-8 in the 3.75" series, it would have been good if Hasbro made him slightly more shiny and solid rather than the olden day cheap-&-nasty plastic they used for him in this pack. Nonetheless i hope to see more of Unkar's Thug in future episodes, he looks kinda special.

Reaction score

Here are some pics, guys...

The heavier version has a small antenna and a peg hole in its base. I can't really tell much of a difference in color or paint applications. Not sure which I like better, so I'm keeping both for my cabinet.

nice pics! helpful. i still haven't seen any in the wild on my end of town. i was hoping with the holidays that these would get restocked.

Reaction score
If the Luggabeast came with a better articulated Teedo and packi-in BB-8, it would sell just fine. Hasbro would need a second item to add into the assortment though - and as much as I love the giant hog that Finn shares a water bowl with, I don't see that being a good choice. Perhaps the alternate could be a vehicle instead of a beast... the Resistance hover sled with driver and some equipment would be a good choice.

Reaction score
I agree, at least then i'd be more willing to purchase it. I finally saw this set today at Kmart, but I still cannot justify $15 for this Droid. I have no use for the other two figures. I'm thinking it would have just been better to pack him on his own card for $7.... :\

Reaction score
Did they say no beasts ever in the TFA line or just for now?
Don't quote me, but I believe they said there would be no beasts in TFA line at all.
I hope that turns out to be incorrect. I always like the beasts from each movie in figure form.

There is always the Happabore

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1125408/#post19726265

Reaction score
The Happabore! Oh, man. With all these new figure announcements, I've completely forgotten about the Happabore! I definitely need one for my collection. Hope it doesn't end up being one of the only beasts made from the film...

Reaction score
Did these guys even show-up in TFA? I don't remember them. Anyway, i'm actually of the opinion that this three pack is quite bleak in it's appearance, the sculpt and costume design on these figures don't lend themselves to any visual wow-factor, plain green&black on Unkar's Thug and Teedo's basic boring beige look, quite uninspiring. I think maybe better detailing more true to their costumes in TFA would definitely make them more impressive and desirable as figures. Are these available in 6"?

Reaction score
Did these guys even show-up in TFA? I don't remember them. Anyway, i'm actually of the opinion that this three pack is quite bleak in it's appearance, the sculpt and costume design on these figures don't lend themselves to any visual wow-factor, plain green&black on Unkar's Thug and Teedo's basic boring beige look, quite uninspiring. I think maybe better detailing more true to their costumes in TFA would definitely make them more impressive and desirable as figures. Are these available in 6"?
Yes, these did show up! Teedo, the little guy, was riding the Luggabeast that first captures BB-8. The Unkar's Thug is one of the two guys who tries to steal BB-8 from Rey after she won't sell him to Unkar. He also shows up talking to the Stormtroopers who are looking for BB-8 before they bring in the air strike.

Reaction score
Yes, these did show up! Teedo, the little guy, was riding the Luggabeast that first captures BB-8. The Unkar's Thug is one of the two guys who tries to steal BB-8 from Rey after she won't sell him to Unkar. He also shows up talking to the Stormtroopers who are looking for BB-8 before they bring in the air strike.
Good, nice to know, i'll look-out for them, i'm going to see TFA again tomorrow, but in 2D this time. That'll be only the second time (and the last time) I watch TFA on the bigscreen, because I want to be too over-familiar with, I want to save some anticipation for the home release.

Reaction score
Damn the lack of an edit function. I meant to say "I don't want to be too over-familiar with TFA, I want to save some anticipation for the home release.":)

Reaction score
Right you are. Saw them during my second viewing. Cool parts they played I reckon.

Reaction score
Teedo actually has a greed head, hands and feet, some nice detailing on his mask and backpack and I really like him. Understated sure, but a nice little alien. CAN'T WAIT for them to create his best :)

Unkar's Thug is actually more bland in color, but makes up for it in texture. The folds of the costume and the way light glances off the shiny goggle lenses is nice. (not sure if anyone else noticed the light on the goggles)

BB-8 is the best though. No other way to get him unless you over pay for another falcon.

Reaction score
AHhh... no edit... GREEN head ... not Greed. BEAST... not best :( fail fail fail

Reaction score
Teedo actually has a greed head, hands and feet, some nice detailing on his mask and backpack and I really like him. Understated sure, but a nice little alien. CAN'T WAIT for them to create his best :)

Unkar's Thug is actually more bland in color, but makes up for it in texture. The folds of the costume and the way light glances off the shiny goggle lenses is nice. (not sure if anyone else noticed the light on the goggles)

BB-8 is the best though. No other way to get him unless you over pay for another falcon.

Just because of your enthusiasm for this pack I decided to take it out of the cupboard and took a closer look. I'm now inclined to agree with you. It's funny how the see-through plastic casing sort of creates a type of subtle blur interfering with the ability to appreciate these figures properly at a casual glance, thus why I probably didn't appreciate it initially the way you have. Teedo looks quite cool with his fluorescent light-green hands&feet contrasting nicely against the brown helmet/face-mask and the beige body-linen. Quite cool. And yes, I turned the pack on several angles and saw the light reflecting off the the goggle lenses of Unkar's Thug, quite nifty.

Reaction score
Just because of your enthusiasm for this pack I decided to take it out of the cupboard and took a closer look. I'm now inclined to agree with you. It's funny how the see-through plastic casing sort of creates a type of subtle blur interfering with the ability to appreciate these figures properly at a casual glance, thus why I probably didn't appreciate it initially the way you have. Teedo looks quite cool with his fluorescent light-green hands&feet contrasting nicely against the brown helmet/face-mask and the beige body-linen. Quite cool. And yes, I turned the pack on several angles and saw the light reflecting off the the goggle lenses of Unkar's Thug, quite nifty.
Maybe you should open it up and really experience it. ;)

Reaction score
Yes take them out of the package. There's even more details and sculpting on the back of them.

Reaction score
I'm collecting this line MOC as well (save for the vehicles). In fact, I still keep a lot of my purchases in the packaging these days.
Honestly, there's no real reason. I like the way they look in the cards displayed better than set up. I don't really have the most optimal set up/display area anyway, so boxed looks nice and classy in the small area of my apartment that I've been able to designate as my Star Wars display.
That, and I don't really do dios anymore.

Endgame? Well, I don't plan on selling and while I like having figures "of value" and rarity, that holds no bearing on what I open or not in my collection.
One day, my future children will be able to open these figures for themselves.

As for Teedo, still one of my favorite figures on my shelf. If we ever get a Luggabeast, I'll buy a double and pop it open to put him on top. :grin:

Reaction score
You mean a MOCITC (mint on card in the cupboard) collector.
Don't put them in the cupboard with the Indian, they come to life and just tear themselves right out of the packaging. Sometimes they fight other cupboard collection toys, like the Jurassic Park T. Rex.

If anyone get's this reference, I'll be impressed.

Reaction score
Don't put them in the cupboard with the Indian, they come to life and just tear themselves right out of the packaging. Sometimes they fight other cupboard collection toys, like the Jurassic Park T. Rex.

If anyone get's this reference, I'll be impressed.
You should not do magic! You do not understand!