BB-8, Unkar's Thug & Teedo (Jakku Scavenger)

Reaction score
How come BB-8 gets to spend time with a thug??
cuz that's how he rolls :p see what I did there.
I hope I'm not the 50th person that said that :$

anyway I finally got this and was hoping to find BB8 at descent price on ebay by himself but everyone of them I've seen is going for the same price as the whole pack with shipping n all, so finally opened him today and the lil guy is on my desk. needless to say I am LOVING this lil guy. I mean for a figure that kinda sits there and doesn't really do anything I am just loving him.

Reaction score
We definitely need a Premium/Elite series 6" of this cutie new gen bot. I would buy in a heartbeat.
This. I'd even pay full price for a slightly articulated TBS 3 3/4" release with a weight like those old Weebles things, where you can roll him but he will stay upright if you leave him alone.

Reaction score
Finally got this set and have to say how shocked I am at the difference between this packs BB8 and the BAMF pack in! This one feels like a ping pong ball, really light on the paint apps and no hole in the underside, why Hasbro does this is a little baffling.

Reaction score
I finally found this pack at Walmart, it was set aside like someone had seen it and not noticed BB-8 was apart of it. Either way, finally got the little guy.

Since I know nothing about the thug or scavenger save the scavenger is supposed to ride a Luggabeast we may or may not ever get, I got creative with the scavenger figure. Sinc emost of ym collection is still at my parents house form when I move dout, my one vehicle with a free droid slot was a TCW Jedi Starfighter. So now the scavenger is a seat to make BB-8 tall enough to pop-up through the top droid socket

Reaction score
Can anyone who has this please tell me:

1. What is the size/measurement of the sphere of BB8's body?

2. Is it hollow?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Reaction score
I've bought a few if this set, and the latest one had a heavier weight BB-8, with peg hole.
Very interesting. I guess it's a crap shoot at this point as to which BB-8 you'll get. Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
I kind of wished there was a little cheaper method to getting BB-8. $14 is kind of high, considering I have no use for the other two figures at all. Now I'm thinking he would have been better off in single pack with an accessory, at least then he'd only be $8 or even $6 on sale.

Reaction score
It'd be easy, once we know the date stamp on the back of the card we'd know instantly which version it'd be.
Here is the date stamp for the one I picked up for my son today, which had a solid BB-8. It's also worth nothing that (as I compared the 2 BB-8s in-hand) the solid BB-8 has a better range of motion in the head and neck, with a ball joint at the top of the "neck" stem, whereas the hollow one had a ball joint at the bottom of the stem (inside the body) with the neck joint at the top fixed. You can turn the head with both figures, but (as hard as it is to explain) the overall range of motion is better with the solid one.

Reaction score
What a big upgrade for BB-8 - I have the original, and opened a second set which was intended for a gift to find the retooled version. I wonder if Hasbro will accept returns to Customer Service and replace them with the new version - has anyone contacted them?

Reaction score
The solid BB-8 with the peg hole is also the one that comes with the Millennium Falcon.

Reaction score
I just picked up the new version (w peg hole) at the Clifton, NJ Target. There were 20 of them there! (all same batch #). Well, now there are 19.

Lots of other 2 packs as well!

Reaction score
I just picked up the new version (w peg hole) at the Clifton, NJ Target. There were 20 of them there! (all same batch #). Well, now there are 19.

Lots of other 2 packs as well!
I may just have to swing by there...

Reaction score
Idk...I grabbed this set a few weeks ago and got the non-peg hole, lighter version. The little guy has been sitting on my desk for two weeks and I'm not replacing him!

Reaction score
Is the peg hole that is being referred to, the style of the head joint or is it an actual peg hole on the bottom of the droid and you can see it in the packaging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Actual peg hole on the bottom, but you can't see it through the packaging. You have to use the batch #. And the droid is heavier and the head has a better range of motion. It was said that it's the same one included in the Millennium Falcon.

Reaction score
Someone on the previous page showed 52291. These were 52216 I think. Anything starting with a 522 looks good.

Reaction score
You can definitely see the peg hole through the packaging--BB-8 is positioned high enough to see it.

Reaction score
The plastic is the same shade of white on the two I compared. The peg hole isn't an improvement in my book, the figure looks better without one and it can't be used without damaging the hard plastic anyway.

If they'd added paint to the base of the figure, that would've been an improvement.

Reaction score
Someone on the previous page showed 52291. These were 52216 I think. Anything starting with a 522 looks good.
Upon further review, my batch # on the new BB-8 is 52661. Just opened it. Super impressed with everything about this set. BB-8 is a great figure, and the Scavengers are very well detailed and the articulation is very impressive for a 5POA.

Reaction score
Fund the BB-8 running change today. Not only is he heavier and features a peg hole, but his antenna piece is also a different sculpt. The original release has a taller antenna in the back than the newer release. Not sure which I prefer so I decided to keep both.

Reaction score
Finally found this... opening him up tomorrow... :) It's late, and I forgot the bag in my car!

Reaction score
Never checked mine because I didn't think you could see the bottom of BB-8 through the packaging and I wasn't about to open it up just to see which variation I have.

But out of curiosity, I turn the package on its side and, lo-and-behold, you can see the bottom.

I have a later peg hole variant. Judging by what everyone here is saying, that one is heavier and better?
What exactly makes it the better of the two? Anything other than weight and peg holes?

Reaction score
Got me wondering. The one i bought two days ago is 52011.

The BB-8 in mine is tilted enough that i can just see underneath through the packaging, no peg-hole.

Reaction score
Is there a comparison photo out there that someone could please post? I saw many of these sets this week and I can't see a difference between the original. The BB-8 in the Millennium Falcon set is still better since the bottom panel is painted orange.

Reaction score
And because he's whiter now, he's now superior?? I see how it is ;)
I let loose because of my privilege. Are angry mobs of ridiculous college students coming for me now? (Even though the person that started that (Bowel) "movement" ad is worth $20 million and it was all based on a lie he later admitted.) I am now going to hide in my Safe Space to atone for my behavior.

I did not realize the micro aggression....I let PC Principal down.....