BB-8 2-in-1 Mega Playset

Reaction score
There were a ton of these floating around for the longest time. The retail price was way too high. They began to move once the price was about $60.

Reaction score
With all the drastically low prices people have been paying for this set, I wonder if Hasbro will take that into consideration for future MSRPs or whether playsets are done altogether.

Reaction score
We are probably done with playsets for a while. Smaller environmental pieces are more likely going forward.

Reaction score
With all the drastically low prices people have been paying for this set, I wonder if Hasbro will take that into consideration for future MSRPs or whether playsets are done altogether.
I imagine big ticket items are done for awhile sans Haslab. The hovertank will probably be the deciding factor going forward for a few years. Some folks are balking at the price which potentially could be bad news if stores continue to clearance quickly and collectors continue to wait for clearance sales they know are coming. Spend your money on vehicles as you please (I won't be getting the hovertank) whether that's full price or clearance, we all just need to understand that's what's leading to crappier vehicles like the kessel run falcon and rogue one walker.

Reaction score
I over-paid for this by about $140 :(
It really is absurd when you look back at how much this set was. I think I paid $140 myself on some Target discounts, but sold Snoke and Guard for $110 to make up for it. Now that Snoke is being offered again in the Force Link 2.0, I'll gladly pay $7.99 to get his chipped sounds again. I have the TVC Snoke now as well, obviously way better for sitting in the chair. So funny that before every body saw the guy get sliced in half that he was this enigmatic white buffalo figure. Now he's warming the pegs, it's insane what hype can do.

Reaction score
I don't know why Hasbro chose TLJ as the film to make a playset from, even before the film was released. I strongly suspect that a Death Star/Creature Cantina/Hoth playset would have sold better due to the iconic OT factor. I.e., I suspect OT sets like this would have probably also been desirable to older & younger collectors.

Though I can't afford the recent & very expensive online-only Sail barge playset (IIRC it runs $500), the fact that it sold well proves that fans want OT sets/vehicles (I consider the Sail Barge both a vehicle & a playset). Hell, ROTJ came out in 1983 - 35 years ago - and I suspect there were collectors buying this set that weren't even born yet when the film was originally released. You can't get more iconic than that.

Reaction score
Thinking about buying this at TRU today. I am still in the fence with it even at that price. I will say there was no way it was worth the $180 initially. I could see starting $100, but even that is pushing it. Anyway it would be a nice center piece. Then add some figures and vehicles around it.

Reaction score
I don't know why Hasbro chose TLJ as the film to make a playset from, even before the film was released. I strongly suspect that a Death Star/Creature Cantina/Hoth playset would have sold better due to the iconic OT factor. I.e., I suspect OT sets like this would have probably also been desirable to older & younger collectors.
The events on Snoke's ship doesn't have the same impact like the events on the DS did, although admittedly I would have shelled out money for a FO AT-ST w/breakapart feature.

Reaction score
Thinking about buying this at TRU today. I am still in the fence with it even at that price. I will say there was no way it was worth the $180 initially. I could see starting $100, but even that is pushing it. Anyway it would be a nice center piece. Then add some figures and vehicles around it.
I got one the other week from Amazon in the UK, they had it listed for £105.00, which i felt was okay. No way would i pay full price for this but I do find it very comparable to the Kenner Death Star playset, which i also own. Anyways it makes a nice display piece for my Black Series figures.

Reaction score
This is down to $49 at my local Target. Clearanced. Kinda bummed I didn't wait, but I never would have sold the Snoke for $111 on eBay either had I not pounced on the set when Kohls was running discounts initially. Still only paid around $60 for it in the end.

Reaction score
This is down to $49 at my local Target. Clearanced. Kinda bummed I didn't wait, but I never would have sold the Snoke for $111 on eBay either had I not pounced on the set when Kohls was running discounts initially. Still only paid around $60 for it in the end.
You couldn't possibly be as bummed as the guy who bought your Snoke. :awesome:

Reaction score
You couldn't possibly be as bummed as the guy who bought your Snoke. :awesome:
Lol, excellent point by Sharky.

And look at it this way SaberSonic83, you've gotten to enjoy it for the whole past year just about.

Reaction score
I paid $18.11 for mine and sold off Snoke and the Guard for like $70 or something.

My kids kind use it but for the most part it sucks and is only worth $50 tops.

Reaction score
Lol, excellent point by Sharky.

And look at it this way SaberSonic83, you've gotten to enjoy it for the whole past year just about.
No doubt, it just proves you never know what will stay around with clearance and what will sell out quick. I still like it as a decent and fun display area.

Reaction score
I don't get how anyone would pay that much for a 5POA Snoke, when he was obviously going to be in the basic line too. At that price, why not just buy the whole dang set! Or for that matter, wait a couple more weeks. lol :wtf:

Reaction score
I don't get how anyone would pay that much for a 5POA Snoke, when he was obviously going to be in the basic line too. At that price, why not just buy the whole dang set! Or for that matter, wait a couple more weeks. lol :wtf:
Well remember it wasn't just a couple of weeks. It was months later that Snoke was finally released in the basic line. I'm sure Hasbro did that to make him super sought after and to try to force people to buy BB-8 playset at a higher cost. It certainly worked. Now why someone would obsess about a figure that they were SURELY going to release later is beyond me, but I'll gladly accept the spoils lol and for the record, I HATE scalping, but when I saw the prices he was going for, I had to. Someone was happy to have it early for a premium, less the playset.

Reaction score
Eh I’ve given up on hating on scalping. It is what it is. If someone’s willing to pay $50 for a legacy figure I no longer have interest in then that’s on them. Besides, I’d like to get to a point where my hobby pays for itself. I’ll still help people out but if no ones biting and I’m sitting on 8 Black series ERG like I was last year, I’m flipping them to pay my other stuff.

Reaction score
Eh I’ve given up on hating on scalping. It is what it is. If someone’s willing to pay $50 for a legacy figure I no longer have interest in then that’s on them. Besides, I’d like to get to a point where my hobby pays for itself. I’ll still help people out but if no ones biting and I’m sitting on 8 Black series ERG like I was last year, I’m flipping them to pay my other stuff.
Yeah, but the people who INTENTIONALLY horde all figures from a wave and hit stores at like 6am on the days they know a truck is coming in are just flagrant a-holes. They purposefully starve out the stock in an area, they creep on these very forums to stay tuned on which figures are rare or hard to get, then they load up and sell away on eBay. It's an atrocious practice. It's one thing if you buy 8 guards because you plan on doing a sweet display with the Emperor and want it to look real and filled out (though I thought he only had 6 guards that flanked him). Either way, there are many people who deserve to get a shot at all the great figures. I mean, everyone deserves a fair shot at the figures. We never had to worry about soulless scalpers in the 80s or 90s, we all simply bought what we wanted on the pegs. Granted, the pegs were always filled and distribution was solid. Hasbro, Mattel and the like are simply starving customers and gladly supporting the scalping community, apparently.

Reaction score
Does Star Wars even get scalped anymore?
I'd say so, the Black Series Gam Guards are routinely going for $40+ on eBay. Just saw 4 at my local Target but I don't collect 6" whatsoever, so hopefully there are many happy 6 inch collectors around here. Would have been easy for me to turn about $80 profit, but they aren't the only ones. There are plenty of scalpers out there that bought up a TON of ERGs when they were offered on Amazon only years back. Amazon doesn't stop someone from buying 15 at a time. They steadily rose in price on regular Amazon and have been up at the $100 on eBay since they sold out. You can go look right now to see that proof. I can't wait until TVC inevitably reissues the ERG and I can stick it to all those scalpers. I have 4 Black Series 3.75" versions, but waiting for that TVC card back.

Reaction score
I've been selling off VC ERG, VC Old Republic Trooper, and VC Shae Vizla figures for years now that I stockpiled from Amazon back when they were selling those for retail.
I'd say so, the Black Series Gam Guards are routinely going for $40+ on eBay. Just saw 4 at my local Target but I don't collect 6" whatsoever, so hopefully there are many happy 6 inch collectors around here. Would have been easy for me to turn about $80 profit, but they aren't the only ones. There are plenty of scalpers out there that bought up a TON of ERGs when they were offered on Amazon only years back. Amazon doesn't stop someone from buying 15 at a time. They steadily rose in price on regular Amazon and have been up at the $100 on eBay since they sold out. You can go look right now to see that proof. I can't wait until TVC inevitably reissues the ERG and I can stick it to all those scalpers. I have 4 Black Series 3.75" versions, but waiting for that TVC card back.

Reaction score
When I picked up a bunch of BS ERG’s I couldn’t unload them for cost plus shipping. I guess people really are weird over the tvc packaging.

Reaction score
When I picked up a bunch of BS ERG’s I couldn’t unload them for cost plus shipping. I guess people really are weird over the tvc packaging.
They are, it really is a little crazy, I'd love to have one because I'm planning on doing a wall of the TVC cardbacks in behind my figure display cabinets, so the completionist in me wants it, but certainly not at the insane prices. I'll gladly buy for $12.99 whenever he's released again.

Reaction score
I've been selling off VC ERG, VC Old Republic Trooper, and VC Shae Vizla figures for years now that I stockpiled from Amazon back when they were selling those for retail.
I may have to get ahold of you after christmas, good sir

Reaction score
I finally got around to opening mine and I gotta say it's a pretty fun toy. It's bigger in First Order mode than I expected but that just adds to the display value for me. I had to resist the urge to play with it lol.

Reaction score
$30.00 and change at Target store. I don't collect anything but OT so said see ya later to 4 of them today. I'd hit the stores if your looking for one of these.

Reaction score
$30.00 and change at Target store. I don't collect anything but OT so said see ya later to 4 of them today. I'd hit the stores if your looking for one of these.
I wish I had your discipline. If I see a bargain I tend to jump on it as long as the item appeals to me. In this case I felt it a nice way to display figures. In my mind it's not TLJ related, it's just a generic Star Wars ship/base.

Reaction score

Brickseek shows a couple of my local Targets with this in stock for the $30 clearance and I still don't think I could be bothered with it.

Reaction score
For $30 I might actually jump on this one. There's a lot about it I don't like, but I want that guard and there are some kind of cool features in the set. Aside from it turning into a giant droid which offers absolutely no value to a 3.75" scale collector...

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on it. Hard to pass up for $30. Now I just need to find someplace to put it lol. I think the coolest thing is how many footpegs it has. It may be a little cumbersome, but it can hold a lot of figures so I'd look at it more like a display shelf. Kind of neat features, too. I like the interrogation chair, and of course Snoke's throne. Plus it's having an identity crisis - it can't decide if it's Snoke's Star Destroyer, Starkiller Base, the Death Star or a giant droid! Guess you could say it's versatile.

Reaction score
it can't decide if it's Snoke's Star Destroyer, Starkiller Base, the Death Star or a giant droid! Guess you could say it's versatile.
Another good reason why I personally got hooked to this set. The interrogation chair back in the day could have easily been a deluxe 2-figure pack with just repeat figures of Kylo and Poe.

Reaction score
Brickseek shows a couple of my local Targets with this in stock for the $30 clearance and I still don't think I could be bothered with it.
I'd say this should be a must-buy for anyone at this price. It's a nice display piece at the very least.

Reaction score
Grabbed it today. Can’t pass it up for only $30. Great for display, good picture potential. I would have had a blast with this if i was a kid. Side note - firtunately target had 2 - the first one was missing the figures and the gun turret. Lousy swapper thieves.

Reaction score
It is a really great display. Right now mine is sitting on the floor by my desk, loaded with 21 TFA and TLJ figures. Due to my Death Star project, all my free shelf space is currently taken up. When I order the table the DS will eventually go on, I'll have a place for it.

Reaction score
I found one marked down to $29.98-- but it had been torn open at the top. :/ I determined that the figures were still present and the bags hadn't been opened, and took my chances.
Turns out everything was still there! :D

Reaction score
I found one marked down to $29.98-- but it had been torn open at the top. :/ I determined that the figures were still present and the bags hadn't been opened, and took my chances.
Turns out everything was still there! :D
my local wal mart only had 1 on the shelf when it was first released and the box looked like it had been raped by a grizzly. Months and months later they put out the rest of them on clearance for 40 bucks.