BB-8 2-in-1 Mega Playset

Reaction score
Is this guy's store down? Not seeing this guy anymore!
I think he must be on vacation, when you click on some of his figures there's message saying that he'll be absent until the 26th. Hopefully he'll be back this week.

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone of you would be willing to pick up a discounted playset such as the ones on Target and ship it overseas.

That would be greatly appreciated since they are hard to get a hold over here.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Got my Snoke figure a couple weeks ago from Tunghori. Now that I'm hearing that he'll likely see a single-carded 5POA release, it figures that I would overpay for him. Oh well, $18 is a lot better than $50 or $100. I'm happy with him, but I guess given the events of TLJ he no longer seems as important. Still an awesome-looking figure. Hopefully we will see a single-carded release of the guard, as well.

Reaction score
Got my Snoke figure a couple weeks ago from Tunghori. Now that I'm hearing that he'll likely see a single-carded 5POA release, it figures that I would overpay for him. Oh well, $18 is a lot better than $50 or $100. I'm happy with him, but I guess given the events of TLJ he no longer seems as important. Still an awesome-looking figure. Hopefully we will see a single-carded release of the guard, as well.

How does this version compare to the one that came with the playset? Is it clearly a factory reject, and is it true the Force Link doesn't work? I'm tempted to track one down, since the line for TLJ is over already. I have little faith this will get repacked, unless its shown at TF this month.

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone of you would be willing to pick up a discounted playset such as the ones on Target and ship it overseas.

That would be greatly appreciated since they are hard to get a hold over here.

Shipping is going to run you a considerable amount. I don't mind helping someone out.

Reaction score
Shipping is going to run you a considerable amount. I don't mind helping someone out.
Thank you!

I recently bought one through ebay. :)

I think it was worth the cost and it can easily be used to replicate a death star when playing with it. And blaster sounds, alarm, a trap door and exploding parts is always a hit! :)

Reaction score
How does this version compare to the one that came with the playset? Is it clearly a factory reject, and is it true the Force Link doesn't work? I'm tempted to track one down, since the line for TLJ is over already. I have little faith this will get repacked, unless its shown at TF this month.
I have one that I ordered from Tunghori and the Force Link does not work.

Reaction score
Just got this for $18.15 at Target. It was $99.99 and there is a Cartwheel deal right now for 50% off. I also had a gift card so it only cost me $18.15 out of pocket.

There is absolutely no in the world that this thing is worth $200. No fn way. It's real nice, lots of fun...but $200? $100 maybe. $79.99 definitely. I know it's probably due to all the electronics but $200 is just crazy.

Anyway I already flipped Snoke on eBay so I actually made money lol

Reaction score
Just got this for $18.15 at Target. It was $99.99 and there is a Cartwheel deal right now for 50% off. I also had a gift card so it only cost me $18.15 out of pocket.

There is absolutely no in the world that this thing is worth $200. No fn way. It's real nice, lots of fun...but $200? $100 maybe. $79.99 definitely. I know it's probably due to all the electronics but $200 is just crazy.

Anyway I already flipped Snoke on eBay so I actually made money lol
Damn, makes me wish I had waited. I mean, bro, you totally just bought an eBay Snoke figure for that money haha with an included BB-8 playset :grin:

Reaction score
My wife used the cartwheel coupon and got it for me for 50 bucks as a valentines gift! I agree with HothHan. 100 bucks tops. This is an excellent toy but it's just that, a toy, and a cumbersome one at that. Felt like a damn fool trying to open it up initially. Great play value and super cool for displaying last Jedi figs.

Reaction score
Yeah I don't like the idea of a fold-open playset that looks like something else. These aren't micro machines and it's not really cute, it needs to do what it's supposed to, which is offer play value, not restrict it to the respective shape of the thing it transforms from. That immediately limits the space and value to me. Still great to get a new mainstream playset, but it's bottom level is really cheesy. I mean come on, the "trash compactor" is a freaking sticker on a plastic insert that pops up. Might as well be a cardboard pop-up book at that point, because that's what it looks like! The upper levels are definitely the best parts.

Reaction score
Has anyone tried dismantling the thing yet? I've had it on display since release with all the Last Jedi figures but now I want move them to the shelves and hoping I can unscrew the top throne part to display on the shelf. I'll have to look for some screws later I guess.

Reaction score
Cool, this piece snaps right out if you squeeze the sides in. Will work nice with the upcoming SA Snoke

That's good to know. Awesome.

I was thinking of doing a small dio with the interrogation chair too.

Reaction score
Cool, this piece snaps right out if you squeeze the sides in. Will work nice with the upcoming SA Snoke

Did the piece that extends the back of the chair a little higher come out as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
My TRU has three of these down to $45.

Actually Star Wars is one of the few mainstream lines that there's enough left it still looks stocked.

Reaction score
My TRU has three of these down to $45.

Actually Star Wars is one of the few mainstream lines that there's enough left it still looks stocked.
Isn't that ironic? I wish Hasbro would see this and react accordingly. If they had more OT stuff, it would all be sold out. These new movies just don't have the same resonance and ability to make consumers want to relive it through the merchandise and toys. TLJ sucked so badly no one wants to buy the figures from it. I only got a few myself and stupidly bought them on Force Friday without seeing the film. Had a known what an egg Lucasfilm was going to lay, I'd have only bought half the stuff I ended up with. Just goes to show the current SW stuff is not popular at all if it's still well stocked at TRUs around the country. It certainly was at mine and to add insult to injury, it was barely discounted. I'm talking 10% if that....

Reaction score
Here is VC Snoke on the Megaset Throne piece
He looks good! I'm looking forward to getting my SA Snoke soon, will probably be the final Last Jedi figure I buy. I have this playset, so he'll complete it. I sold off the 5POA Snoke and Guard for a mint knowing this guy would be coming eventually.

Reaction score
Went for Solo stuff at walmart friday but the entire star wars aisle was clearanced out but they did have this playset on sale for forty bucks so I picked one up. They had five or six of the playsets which is four or five more than I've ever seen on a shelf there.

Reaction score
Went for Solo stuff at walmart friday but the entire star wars aisle was clearanced out but they did have this playset on sale for forty bucks so I picked one up. They had five or six of the playsets which is four or five more than I've ever seen on a shelf there.
does it seem worth it now? Been eyeing it for a bit but the price was just way too much

Reaction score
does it seem worth it now? Been eyeing it for a bit but the price was just way too much
Honestly I really like the set. I fully get why others don't like it but for me it's a nice piece to display figures and I like it can fold up and just be a cool looking Bee Bee Eight kickin' it by my shelves. Haven't tried the forcelink on it yet but I'll give it a go after the update to the app in May.

Reaction score
Honestly I really like the set. I fully get why others don't like it but for me it's a nice piece to display figures and I like it can fold up and just be a cool looking Bee Bee Eight kickin' it by my shelves. Haven't tried the forcelink on it yet but I'll give it a go after the update to the app in May.
Isn't this the same size as the prop from the movie? I feel like that would be a good reason to pick this up alone.

Reaction score
Feel the same, it's definitely a great display piece

Reaction score
No idea why they thought they could get away with selling this for 200 bucks. Really waiting till it hits 30 bucks then I’ll bite. Those cheap shortcuts especially on the lower level should not be there for that kind of price tag they originally wanted

Reaction score
No idea why they thought they could get away with selling this for 200 bucks. Really waiting till it hits 30 bucks then I’ll bite. Those cheap shortcuts especially on the lower level should not be there for that kind of price tag they originally wanted
Wholeheartedly agree, we're obviously well beyond the cardboard backdrop days of old, but it's essentially what we got in the lower level with the "trash compactor" stand in which is a plastic pop-up sticker essentially and 3 stormtrooper billboard! Like, what in the HECK is up with that crap, Hasbro? The rest of it serves its purpose well, although I hate how shallow the Starkiller bridge is, you can barely squeeze figures under there. Certainly no way that sucker is $200. It's seems to be Hasbro's MO to release everything at atrocious extortionist prices to see who will actually bite first, make the most profit there, with full intention and knowledge that they will come down to a sane price months after the releases. I'm content to wait from now on and thankfully I sold my Snoke to pay for my lack of vision!

Reaction score
Wholeheartedly agree, we're obviously well beyond the cardboard backdrop days of old, but it's essentially what we got in the lower level with the "trash compactor" stand in which is a plastic pop-up sticker essentially and 3 stormtrooper billboard! Like, what in the HECK is up with that crap, Hasbro? The rest of it serves its purpose well, although I hate how shallow the Starkiller bridge is, you can barely squeeze figures under there. Certainly no way that sucker is $200. It's seems to be Hasbro's MO to release everything at atrocious extortionist prices to see who will actually bite first, make the most profit there, with full intention and knowledge that they will come down to a sane price months after the releases. I'm content to wait from now on and thankfully I sold my Snoke to pay for my lack of vision!
Except Hasbro does not make the profit of of the retail sales they make it when the stores buy the stock. So hasbro only loses money when retailers don't restock or buy future releases

Reaction score
Except Hasbro does not make the profit of of the retail sales they make it when the stores buy the stock. So hasbro only loses money when retailers don't restock or buy future releases
Right but they still set the retail price for the retailers to start. I'm sure Target pays nothing close to that, but we can't deny that Hasbro constantly tries to upsell anything Star Wars, to a ludicrous degree. Case in point, $99 MF with one seat lol. Makes you wonder though if there is ever a clause in contract that says "if these don't sell in X amount of days, we get a portion of our money back." All I know is that Hasbro's starting prices are always farfetched, other than their basic 5POA figures at $7.99. I think they realize if they price them up too much no parent or kid will buy them.

Reaction score
All I know is that Hasbro's starting prices are always farfetched, other than their basic 5POA figures at $7.99. I think they realize if they price them up too much no parent or kid will buy them.
Your basic 5POA figure costs $14-$16 across Europe and SE Asia.... closer to $20 in the Middle East if Doha airport is anything to go by....

Reaction score
My local Walmart is now selling this for $20.
locally, wal mart has lost a good chunk of money on this set. Prior to the set going on clearance, my wal mart had ONE set on the shelves and the box was beat to poop and holes in it. Then when they decided to put the set on clearance all of a sudden they had six to eight of them. Meanwhile the local target was selling through them almost as fast as they could stock them.