Bay Area Reports v.8

Reaction score
I found remnants of the deleted scene wave last night at the San Rafael TRU. I found Luke and Leia so keep an eye out there too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was looking at my Pharl McQuarrie figure in my Hoth Dio the other day and was wondering about how Ralph must be doing since at the time of ESB he was an older guy. Then yesterday he left his mortal coil. He lived a good long life and will be missed. Thanks Ralph.

Reaction score
Left the Deleted Scene wave minus Luke at the Livermore Wal-mart, cards were pretty damaged though.

Reaction score
Found deleted scenes wave at San Leandro Wally. I picked up Luke and left behind the rest.

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Hello neighbors,
I'm looking for Royal Droids
but no luck.
I think there are no more selling at Walmart.
Dose any one have dup? or should I go to eBay?
If you have info, please PM! Thanks

Reaction score
Hello neighbors,
but no luck.
Once again this is a case of Hasbro under producing what would sell and making too much of stuff that doesn't. They have been a nightmare to find but I will keep you in mind if I come across one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If it helps you guys, the royal droids pack and anakin/sebulba packs just started showing up fairly recently in the Sacramento area. Both of the Wal-Marts I frequent have gotten them in fairly decent numbers, and both currently have them on the shelves. If it's usual Wal-Mart distribution, then they should start showing up in the bay area soon.

Reaction score
Hello neighbors,
but no luck.
Hey TK I have an extra and i'm in Southbay- if you still can't find one let me know and send a PM. Picked this up for a friend but he backed out.

Reaction score
Haven't seen these in the East Bay, but I was able to buy two sets from Walmart.com.
I've heard other folks have also gotten them there in the past month, so I would check their website during the week to see if the restock.
Good luck neighbor!
BTW - Great R2-D2 collection! :eek:

JD

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thank you for the info, it is very, very nice of you.

I sent PM to tk421_1_2
, I hope we can workout some.

Michael, I did not realize that you live in Sausalito, which not far from me.
We might be bump each other at Santa Rosa Walmart.

I've been shopping once or twice a month at there, so finding those Droids are not easy, chances are very slim.
I thought I missed them, but sounds like more to come I hope.

Again, thank you very much all of you.

I owe you one.

If you love R2 let's talk!

Reaction score
I guess they just went up on walmart.com if you don't mind paying a little extra for shipping. I guess they are making the rounds again. And yes, I love R2. He was my fav as a kid watching Star Wars.

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Wow, Thank you sooooo much.
I order it.
So coool, Thanks a million! Michael!! Yapppppy!

Reaction score
Hello all! MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU! ALWAYS! Enjoy Star Wars day and make sure to bludgeon your bank accounts buying up all the Star Wars stuff you can in celebration because old George needs it.

Reaction score
Happy Mom's Day Everyone!! Going out on a toy run with your mom is not that way to spend the day either.:p I get to see mine in a few months but I would spend the day with her if I could.

Reaction score
Hope everyone had a chance to spend time with their mom and/or family.

While I agree with Michael Knight's point about not going on a toy run with your mom, I did manage to sneak in a toy run at Target in Emeryville on the way back from taking my wife and mother of my kids out to dinner :grin:. We had to pick up school supplies for one of the kids. And, I lucked out and picked up the Republic Assault Submarine - the only one that they had. Hopefully, this thing will hit other Targets in the Bay Area, so keep an eye out.

JD

Reaction score
Oh by the way, HAPPY BELATED 75th ANNIVERSARY GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE!!! I saw the event from Tiburon on Sunday and I can easily say it was the best fireworks show I had ever seen.

Reaction score
Double that! I would love to know that too. When I lived in Phoenix there was a place called Toy Anxiety that had loose and carded collectibles and they always had an awesome supply of loose figures and you could even buy parts, literally hundreds of parts, but I also did sort of have an in with them. I would think there would be a place like that here but I have yet to come across one.

Reaction score
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY EVERYONE!! I hope your kids shower you with the newest Vintage figures and be sure to and thank all those father's that we owe our existence to for being mother ****ers!!:p

Reaction score
Found Attack Recon Fighter at Emeryville TRU earlier today. No new figures at this store or at the Target in the same shopping area.
The figure drought continues...

Reaction score
Found a set of the vintage wave 5 figures at Kmart in the East Bay. Unfortunately, they only had one set.
Hopefully, this means that they will start hitting other retailers in our area.

JD

Reaction score
Stay on TARGET!!! I got lucky and found the Snaggletooth 3 packs at my local target San Mateo. First time since jan I find new figures at retail.

Reaction score
Stay on TARGET!!! I got lucky and found the Snaggletooth 3 packs at my local target San Mateo. First time since jan I find new figures at retail.
Pulled a full case for $6 each last week, they're available at pretty much every Target now.

Reaction score
Just a heads up guys. I found out from Curto on Facebook that the final Vintage wave will see a limited release and will only be available through online retailers. I pre-ordered through BBTS as they were the least expensive so far. Unfortunately if you are a loose collector and already have the Discover the Force line from Wal Mart you're stuck getting a ton of repacks and I don't see any chance of seeing anyone offer only the new figures so you're going to have to bite the bullet and get the wave or wait to buy them piecemeal for overly inflated prices on Ebay.

Here is the link. 2012 Vintage Star Wars Wave 05 - Case of 12 - Star Wars 2012 Star Wars 3.75" Vintage Figures

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just a heads up guys. I found out from Curto on Facebook that the final Vintage wave will see a limited release and will only be available through online retailers. I pre-ordered through BBTS as they were the least expensive so far. Unfortunately if you are a loose collector and already have the Discover the Force line from Wal Mart you're stuck getting a ton of repacks and I don't see any chance of seeing anyone offer only the new figures so you're going to have to bite the bullet and get the wave or wait to buy them piecemeal for overly inflated prices on Ebay.

Here is the link. 2012 Vintage Star Wars Wave 05 - Case of 12 - Star Wars 2012 Star Wars 3.75" Vintage Figures
Already put my pre-order down, way to many good figures to miss out on.

Reaction score
Haven't had much time for toy hunts lately, but did manage to pick up a Phase II Rex and Boss. Target in San Ramon - the Bishop Ranch location - had them for $11.29. However, this week they had a temporary price cut to $8.99. I couldn't believe that they would charge almost $12 for these figs. And, to be honest, if the price reduction weren't in effect, I probably would have passed on them just as a matter of principle.
Unfreakin' believable... Keep it up Hasbro and I'll decide that this is the end of the road for my SW collection.

Reaction score
Found the TRU Exclusive 5-Packs at the Newark store (new location), left one Ewok set & two Pilot sets.

Reaction score
Power Droid and Snag Packs @ Target Brentwood- 2 sets each, held them in my hand and was not moved enough to fork out the ca$h for 1 new character in each.

Reaction score
Picked up the Target Return of Maul Target Exclusive today at Sunnyvale Target. Looks like they come in a case of 6.

Reaction score
I also came across the Darth Maul Battle Pack at the Dublin East store today, left behind three of them.